Game is getting too pricy and putting me off from playing

Drakeos99

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh man. I really hate the Casual vs. Hardcore argument. Its been going on since the conception of gaming.

I am a semi-casual player in most games that I have played over the decades. I level slowly, enjoy the content and enjoy PvP. I also enjoy playing several alts. With that said, I don't delude myself in to believing that I should be able to reach end-game just as quickly as somebody who invests much more time in to a game.

It is ridiculous to even bring up Casual vs. Hardcore. If you want to play endgame content then assume it will take you much longer to get there than other players. Accept that and your gaming experience (in any game) will be much less stressful.

6 hours ago, SpyderBite said:

Oh man. I really hate the Casual vs. Hardcore argument. Its been going on since the conception of gaming.

It's a game design problem first and foremost. Many gaming outlets gave B&S pretty mediocre reviews, and honestly, the game deserves it. Underneath the outstanding arena PvP, strong combat, and stylistically beautiful regions are squandered content, tired tropes, and so much wasted on a conspicuous and poorly-structured grind.

6 hours ago, Archess said:

And i cannot fathom how you only get to 10 gold in a day, just doing silverfrost dailies and Mushin tower nets 10 ish gold, give or take a few and that takes an hour at most even doing Poh24 and BSH24 is 6 gold for 1 hour and thats with skipping the bosses or do the 3 purples 6 man versions thats 12-15 gold...and i don't even have a guild or group of friends that play this... What are you doing for say the 4 hours that you are online for?

Someone has already posted the ability to gain gold from dailies, where it capped at 40 for 6+ hours worth of daily grind (40/40 dailies). Odds are, he can't do heroics yet anyway, and is likely to be spending some of that time doing regular maintenance stuff. Silverfrost dailies + Mushin's Tower is 2-4 hours alone for most players. You're not blowing through Mushin's Tower in 5 minutes at 330AP and a Moonwater Valor shield. People who play melee often can't even get credit for things like Grand Harvest due to massive lag with ridiculous melee punish edging out their ability to meet damage requirement for credit (which is NOT shared among the party for those targets). Poh24 and BSH24 are not an hour together; they're the better part of an hour each. You'd have to be incredibly lucky with spawns to even get near an hour, since it takes 30 minutes just to run a circle around the damn things, and 30 minutes between Poh and Hae Mujin spawns due to their spawn mechanics. You're going to go through that, plus dungeon versions, plus F1-7 (because F8 requires too much AP) in 4 hours. That's your dozen gold in 4 hours. Not only that, it's 4 hours for little reward where you're spending your time in a dull zergfest which strips away all of the game's strengths.

You can't really farm up 120 actual gold in a day, as others have shown. What you did to get a lot of gold was sell off a few dozen hours worth of grind all at once. I can sell off 1000 soul stones at once and make 300g. I did not get 300g in a day, however; I just sold 50 hours of grind at once. (Hell, I could be a fair bit wealthier if I didn't blow 1125 soulstones worth of zen beans to get Risktaker and the mask, but hey, I want something to commemorate being diamond on Destroyer once I migrate to Chi Master. Rating goes away, but costume doesn't.)

6 hours ago, SpyderBite said:

I am a semi-casual player in most games that I have played over the decades. I level slowly, enjoy the content and enjoy PvP. I also enjoy playing several alts. With that said, I don't delude myself in to believing that I should be able to reach end-game just as quickly as somebody who invests much more time in to a game.

It is ridiculous to even bring up Casual vs. Hardcore. If you want to play endgame content then assume it will take you much longer to get there than other players. Accept that and your gaming experience (in any game) will be much less stressful.

Wisdom of the ages here, boys.

13 hours ago, Quiznatodd said:

jesus christ this community is awful

The whole community is awful. For me it seems not just one side of the coin (NA or EU), both! Yesterday I was dead about 5 minutes from about 5 meters in a safe area from 3 other players in Beastbog last boss. It is a joke! It is not a social community. Everybody is just doing the own shit! Nothing and nobody cares. This mentality will kill the game not the bots. :(

14 hours ago, SpyderBite said:

Well said. "much less stressful" I keep that in mind. :)

Remove Soulstones from all Moonwater Affiliated requirements. Why? Because Soulstones were suppose to be a bullspit time gate for end game gear. End game gear gets updated make all the garbage in moonwater easier to get. I and no one else should still be getting gated when they haven't even reached actual end game. The majority of people didn't have the time to catch up to Dungeon rando requirements. Other people can't always help you. Some people don't have a megaton of friends and sure you could say it's easy to make some but, not for everyone. The minority of the peeps in this game are hard geared and they're the ones with these stupid high standards(Most likely) and if not they're running with clanmates that are probably as geared as they are. People also don't seem to want to explain things to people who know nothing about the dungeon. If the community took the time to help each other out and actually teach people about dungeons no one would be having these issues. Then again there is no community in the world that takes time to selflessly help others. No one person wants to take 6hs+ every day to do a ton of dailies. LOL if you're like me and got into this game with PvE in mind and don't PvP. Nice Soulstones bruh. I dodge doing GHS and will probably never do SSP. Dodge doing GHS due to this games hardcore freezes, gameguard not helping the sit- just garbo optimization. You're literally a carcinogen if you think someone trying to progress without "kekgear" is going to dunk dailies as fast as you do.

Things feel pricey because we are still early into Silverfrost content, MSTS goes up because crafters are crafting SFTS instead, Hae Mujin Mech. goes up because less people are doing old content with high demand (you need 30x for each accessories above true siren), Soulstones goes up because more demand, and etc.  However I do feel not affording MSTS to be an exaggeration, I can elaborate, but it seems like other players already did.

I made a spreadsheet of the cost of upgrades from true pirates and onwards.  I'll use true pirate to true breeze as example.  The bulk of the cost of upgrading is not SFTS (covers nearly 9% of the cost), it is Frozen Venom Dart (covering nearly 40% of the cost) and Naryu Tablet (covering nearly 38% of the cost), both are farmable if you have the time.  If you are curious the total cost with the time I check AH prices IF you buy all the items is around 1150g.  Accessories(Neck, Ear,and Ring) are significantly less (with Frozen Venom Darts covering 63% of the cost).  So I would focus on farming Venom Darts and hope you get Naryu Tablets from chests.  Keep in mind prices go up and down and these calculations are tentative. 

In consideration of time factor, I do play less often than hardcore players due to other responsibilities.  Unfortunately, this game parallels reward with commitment, meaning that players who spend more time will have better gear than players who spend less time or players who spend their time efficiently will have better gear than players who don't.  I do feel NcSoft is releasing content at a fast rate that the cost of upgrade seems way too much, I won't be surprised if they announce Mushin floor 9 to 15 (probably double HP than other versions) in 2-3 weeks.  If you are time constraint, I consider sitting down and considering which dailies you should do per day, I run lvl 50 heroics, Naryu Lab, Mushin, and Faction Dailies (not in SSP) and crafting on the side. 

Someone has already posted the ability to gain gold from dailies, where it capped at 40 for 6+ hours worth of daily grind (40/40 dailies). Odds are, he can't do heroics yet anyway, and is likely to be spending some of that time doing regular maintenance stuff. Silverfrost dailies + Mushin's Tower is 2-4 hours alone for most players. You're not blowing through Mushin's Tower in 5 minutes at 330AP and a Moonwater Valor shield.

You guys keep talking about 120 gold in one day, but i said Saturday - Sunday, that is 2 days, and i mentioned i played 8 hours each day, giving me plenty of time to get 60 gold a day. I play very time efficient, if you wait on Hae Mujin or Poharen to spawn witch indeed can take upto an hour each, you are wasting your time for 50 silver by waiting, just do the most comon dailies in there and get out, same for plog sanctum and the bog, skip dailies where you need a rare drop from mobs, 50 silver for half an hour work is a giant waste of time. Same thing like Bay lee, you get 1 gold 28 silver or something but it takes 1 hour for him to spawn, not worth the time, move on.

Pointing out that he has only a blue soulshield and 330 ap, this means that he does not need 60 gold per day to reach any noteworthy upgrades, he should be farming blue BSH or hell just do the lvl 46 dungeon 1 day and you have a  purple Demon soulshield that is a carbon copy of the BSH soulshield with little to no effort because you pick up a machine gun and kill waves, getting out of his blue soulshield should not take him more then 2 days. Getting to Infernal lvl 36 accesories is also not extremely costly and can be done with money you get from leveling up.

He could then start doing the Poh and BSH 6 men dailies, save gold for a week at 10 gold per day, thats 70 gold in a week, make sure he does his Soulstone MM quests, again be efficient don't try to kill 10 players for 2 additional soulstones, unless there is a bot jumping down every 1 minute and feeding you kills.

372 AP should not be hard to reach if you just do the quests to get to level 50, just doing the quests to 50 nets you enough money to get that kind-off AP, then even if he gets only 10 gold a day, 2 weeks should be enough to get him passed 400 ap, there are plenty of parties to get into with 400.

But doing all the above takes some effort, whining about it on a forum, not so much.

Edit: i play a KFM, so i know all about the pains of Melee and i am unable todo Soulstone planes due to the framerate hickups...

On 4/2/2016 at 10:00 PM, Sprinkles said:

Many players don't have the time to run all those dailies to make 25G. More casual players that may only play 2 hours a day can only make a fraction of that gold. Maybe 4 or 5G. If you don't have time to run all dailies all day everyday, the prices are a little crazy and progression comes to a halt. 

He may be full of poop in regards to the time required to complete said dailies BUT if you only have 2 hours of time to play per day you really shouldnt be complaining about not being able to upgrade your gears :/

I will probably get flamed for this because the internet is where people get to be 'brave' but here goes:

My main is a summoner, and my AP is around 440ish.  I have -not- gone the new weapon route, am on awakened pirate 10 and my jewelry is mostly infernal 10 or siren/pirate 10 if the item could be obtained as pirate/siren and I'm on Wild Springs.

I do not pvp (I occasionally OPvp,) and am on the Cerulean side as is my guild.  Cerulean is out numbered and seemingly pvp inactive.  Infact whenever I check who I'm with in a server dungeon group chances are its crimson rather than cerulean. I do not do Arena, or rather I tried it till gold only to get my misty weapon for upgrading my staff and don't want to look back at Arena again.  I simply don't enjoy pvp.

I do dungeons I can but Poh24/Bsh24 are quite empty, BSH/PoH6 are often lead by master loot switchers because of the huge price increase of perfumes, etc.  the few times I get to do Yeti 6 man and the other endgame purple dungeons with my Clan there have been no issues.  In cross-server though I'm often asked to leave because my AP is only 440ish, or they see an infernal piece of jewelry and go 'omg noob' and drop.  I can earn gold from Mushin tower, from the blue 50s and some endgame PvE dailies.  Everything else is -very- hit and miss.  THIS is why I earn on average 10 gold an evening when I play, because I can't regularly get into groups to do the money making dungeons.

The bank breaker are soulstones which are near 40s at the moment.  I need 92 gold just in SS for my weapon.. and then its all the 7.5g moonwater trans stones as well, then the 30ish gold upgrade cost, etc etc.  Everything is very expensive and while I'm trying, I simply can't earn enough gold to do what I need.

Yes I may be a noob, yes I may need to 'git guud', yes I may need to 'insert derogatory phrase here' but I'm positive there are a LOT of people in a similar situation to me.  We are the people this game will drive away.  And the sad thing is that before the 50 patch, I was doing well.  I had a routine and was upgrading my gear relatively quickly.  The 50 patch completely killed my progression as many sources of income for characters who are not highly geared just became underpopulated and therefore very hard to do.  The 50 patch was too soon in my opinion and has left a lot of people behind in a pit with few ways of climbing out.

2 minutes ago, Chnmmr said:

I will probably get flamed for this because the internet is where people get to be 'brave' but here goes:

My main is a summoner, and my AP is around 440ish.  I have -not- gone the new weapon route, am on awakened pirate 10 and my jewelry is mostly infernal 10 or siren/pirate 10 if the item could be obtained as pirate/siren and I'm on Wild Springs.

I do not pvp (I occasionally OPvp,) and am on the Cerulean side as is my guild.  Cerulean is out numbered and seemingly pvp inactive.  Infact whenever I check who I'm with in a server dungeon group chances are its crimson rather than cerulean. I do not do Arena, or rather I tried it till gold only to get my misty weapon for upgrading my staff and don't want to look back at Arena again.  I simply don't enjoy pvp.

I do dungeons I can but Poh24/Bsh24 are quite empty, BSH/PoH6 are often lead by master loot switchers because of the huge price increase of perfumes, etc.  the few times I get to do Yeti 6 man and the other endgame purple dungeons with my Clan there have been no issues.  In cross-server though I'm often asked to leave because my AP is only 440ish, or they see an infernal piece of jewelry and go 'omg noob' and drop.  I can earn gold from Mushin tower, from the blue 50s and some endgame PvE dailies.  Everything else is -very- hit and miss.  THIS is why I earn on average 10 gold an evening when I play, because I can't regularly get into groups to do the money making dungeons.

The bank breaker are soulstones which are near 40s at the moment.  I need 92 gold just in SS for my weapon.. and then its all the 7.5g moonwater trans stones as well, then the 30ish gold upgrade cost, etc etc.  Everything is very expensive and while I'm trying, I simply can't earn enough gold to do what I need.

Yes I may be a noob, yes I may need to 'git guud', yes I may need to 'insert derogatory phrase here' but I'm positive there are a LOT of people in a similar situation to me.  We are the people this game will drive away.  And the sad thing is that before the 50 patch, I was doing well.  I had a routine and was upgrading my gear relatively quickly.  The 50 patch completely killed my progression as many sources of income for characters who are not highly geared just became underpopulated and therefore very hard to do.

-Join groups who are asking for 440+ ap, i see enough groups asking for 400+, i am at 510 and i often join one that says 460+, or make your own group and ask for 400+...

-Most everyone is still at Awakened - True Pirate who have kept up in the 45 patch, there are not an overabundance of Breeze people out there...

-I run dungeons for the dailies each day, i have never encountered master looter switchers, i am not saying they don't excist, but they are not a dime or dozen

-Just do the misty woods dailies for the 14 soulstones, for me if i get killed 10 times in a row by a group of 6, it doesnt matter, just go back, complete it and move on...some people even resort to using escape mid fight to save their lives as if it means something to not die in open world pvp...

-If you are at awakened pirate, you are still doing well

-Some people ragequit a party if you make a joke...

-Some people ragequit a party if you make the bid go up to 50 silver....

-Some people ragequit a party if someone dies once on a boss...

-Some people are such pro's when they die, its everyone elses fault...the rave about it then quit...

Some people need to chill out, step back and realize this is a game....

Talking about games, I sometimes wonder how long you people tend to play MMO's on average, when it gets hard, you quit ? Do we want MMO's that lets you ding 50 with maxed gear ? because then what, you just ran out of goals, you maxed your gear and there is no incentive to keep playing, congratz you can now go back to playing 3 other games while keeping up, some people like me don't play 5 diffrent games in 1 week, i know some that do....my mind is blown when i see someone log into 3 diffrent steam games in 1 single day....

Some peoples pace is faster, some are slower, should i be like "OMG i am not at 600 yet 2 weeks in this new patch and the max is 660 or something...omg i am soo bad", this game lets you at least gear up at your own pace, there are no raid guilds demanding 7/7 days , 5 hour raid evenings, with DKP to get your raid gear, back in those the casuals couldnt keep up on DKP either, all the 99.99% Attendance core raiders had tripple or quadruple amounts of DKP, so casuals got scraps, so casuals quit.

-In a casual MMO, there is nothing to play for, everyone quits, Hardcores go first as they are done in week 1, then casuals hit caps, they quit too because "game dying" ot they lose intrest in about 1-2 weeks/Months, or something "greener" catches their fancy.

-In a Hardcore MMO, casuals quit first because they cannot keep up, hardcores keep playing, company dumbs game down hoping casuals come back, pisses of hardcores, casuals never come back anyways, now both camps quit, game dead.

17 hours ago, Taemek said:

Complaining is easier than doing it, right?

It is 1 minute for a quest, how can you kill Balrock 3 times when non of the bosses killed before? How can you kill Poharan and others? How can you kill 100 mobs in 1 minute? If you can do it, I will go with you all the time! :D I know you skip quests. Thank you. :) I understood.

Oh and of course I meant you do it Alone!!!

for me all prices is fair, i dont spend single $on premium and anything in that game just farming dungs,dailys thats all and still i have 3 characters1x 45 lvl and 2 of them 50 hm 6 both with 508ap+55%cr+195%cdmg+ and easy to get without effort max 40-50min to get 100 soulstones with luck 115-130 and more than 100g daily its more than fine for normal player not no lifer

30 minutes ago, Eryk said:

for me all prices is fair, i dont spend single $on premium and anything in that game just farming dungs,dailys thats all and still i have 3 characters1x 45 lvl and 2 of them 50 hm 6 both with 508ap+55%cr+195%cdmg+ and easy to get without effort max 40-50min to get 100 soulstones with luck 115-130 and more than 100g daily its more than fine for normal player not no lifer

so tell us your little secret, how do you get 100 soulstones in 40 min from dailies ? are you using another client ?  btw even if you make 100 gold everyday which you cant, if you are not a non lifer or botter. it takes months to achieve full 50 content gear 

6 minutes ago, Bignaturalplays said:

so tell us your little secret, how do you get 100 soulstones in 40 min from dailies ? are you using another client ?  btw even if you make 100 gold everyday which you cant, if you are not a non lifer or botter. it takes months to achieve full 50 content gear 

Soulstone plain Mining quests, Faction leader quest, Intel quest, the 25 prestige order quest from merchant, soulstone pouches from prestige exchange, rescue quest, killing elite war quest.

Mining quest is around 30m+, faction leader hard to say it depends on how fast you can get players to gather, the rest of the quest doesn't take long to complete. You can exchange for soulstone pouches for every 100 prestige, if you kill all the bosses that spawn without dying you probably could get 1 or 2 pouches while doing the mining quests.

Me and my clan's mate spend around an hour at SSP to get our soulstone, we usually get from 70-90 depending on luck, I had terrible luck with the pouches though so didn't really hit 100 soulstone. 40 minutes is possible if everything line up just nice I guess, otherwise I would say it's about 40m-1hr.

1 hour ago, Minity SN said:

how you get the intel quest? its something which drops from a boss?

It's a random drop from bosses during mining quest not sure if it drop from other. The good thing is if you are in a party and it drops everyone would get the drop as well as long as they did damage that boss. I have got one for the past few days each time I did mining, but there are also times when I didn't get it.

On ‎6‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 3:01 PM, Vyky said:

It is 1 minute for a quest, how can you kill Balrock 3 times when non of the bosses killed before? How can you kill Poharan and others? How can you kill 100 mobs in 1 minute? If you can do it, I will go with you all the time! :D I know you skip quests. Thank you. :) I understood.

Oh and of course I meant you do it Alone!!!

You continue to prove my point.

Time efficient is the key.

Do the 30 mobs at beastbog.They go quick.

Do the 10 or so frogs.

Do all in the snow area.They are very quick to do.As about the 24 up left you can easly find people to do it.

Do monkey and the 2 snow blue dungeons-skip the other 2,long and not worth it.Especially the talus dungeon.

Do mushin 5-8.Skip first 4 floors.5-8 alone is 4g +

If you are above 420AP it will be very easy to do the purple in 6 mode.Necropolis alone is like 5gold,the other two - 2.2g each.

Use the blue naruyo coins to spin the wheel around BSH 24 - n6 reward is the 400 beans zen beans quest.Just by doing 1v1 and 3v3 for the quests you geat a lot beans aka money.But if you don't like pvp skip those.Farm faction instead at not so popular hours.

I usually do this daillies only and not even every day,and yet my stats is: 545 AP,217.55% crit dmg,55.31% crit,119.70% accuracy.

Get the 270 CDMG,658 Crit,6 AP python necklace.Get breeze/scorpion belt.Get python crit dmg/crit & 15 AP bracelet.Or the breeze a bit weaker version.

People want to be full in a week of playing and instead to focus on guides how to,they prefer to complain.

You can farm mushin 5-8 for 2h and make much more money then daillies for example if you can't do purple 50,which I find weird to belive.

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 10:53 AM, vita said:

Soulstone plain Mining quests, Faction leader quest, Intel quest, the 25 prestige order quest from merchant, soulstone pouches from prestige exchange, rescue quest, killing elite war quest.

Mining quest is around 30m+, faction leader hard to say it depends on how fast you can get players to gather, the rest of the quest doesn't take long to complete. You can exchange for soulstone pouches for every 100 prestige, if you kill all the bosses that spawn without dying you probably could get 1 or 2 pouches while doing the mining quests.

Me and my clan's mate spend around an hour at SSP to get our soulstone, we usually get from 70-90 depending on luck, I had terrible luck with the pouches though so didn't really hit 100 soulstone. 40 minutes is possible if everything line up just nice I guess, otherwise I would say it's about 40m-1hr.

but in order to do that you have to do dmg. you ask if people can do dmg with their gear, including this hellish lag? you say "100 prestige" like it's the easiest thing to do. not dying at all with this lag, especially if you're melee, with BSH or lower SS? you ask way too much

Archived