Forums

Game is getting too pricy and putting me off from playing

Drakeos99

12 hours ago, Drakeos99 said:

Currently stuck on my character progression and is getting bored very fast due to over priced mats to prevent me to have fun and enjoy playing nd game content :(

12 hours ago, Fuz said:

I have some low level guildies in the same situation.
They can't afford moonwater transformation stones.

LOL, you guys got problems. Low level is not suppose to have money since they get most of the items free and that is how the game is designed. The reality is it take only about 15-24 hours of play time to level to L45, and maybe another 8-12 to L50, so why are you stuck on low level? Wasting too much time farming useless cr*p that you will out-gear in 5 levels? In respect to the quest line, your L36 Infernal weapon will be fine for L45 quest dungeons, and your L42 Profane weapon will be fine for all those L50 quest dungeons.

Suggestion: Get to L50 ASAP, focus on weapon upgrade, if you have extra money, accessories upgrade. Once at L50, you MAY want to use this: Silverfrost Dailies

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as it seems people don't want to understand that not everyone has 400+ap. people think that once you reach 45lvl your gear magically becomes True Siren and you have 400+ap and can do any content easily. dailies in Silverfrost with that shitty lag, no True Siren/Pirate gear, and melee class? hahahaha

10 minutes ago, Yagion said:

as it seems people don't want to understand that not everyone has 400+ap. people think that once you reach 45lvl your gear magically becomes True Siren and you have 400+ap and can do any content easily. dailies in Silverfrost with that shitty lag, no True Siren/Pirate gear, and melee class? hahahaha

Let me give you some insider information: At L45, just doing 2-3 sets of dailies, earns you over 7G a day. Leveling from L45 to L50 you can pocket over 25G just from the quest line. The L45+L50 purples plus Mushin 1-7 will allow you to earn over 15G. Still got issues buy that MTS for 5G?? 

23 minutes ago, Yagion said:

No the problem is that you seem to forget that the new area rewards more gold per hour then the old area.

Stop making excuses and go there.

I usually don't post on the official forums, because I prefer to post on reddit, but the amount of misinformation in this thread is staggering.

Especially concerning people who tout that it is easy to get 25 gold in 40 min, and then saying that the purple dungeons and 24-mans are the best way to reliably get this fabled 25 gold in 40 min. 

For one, I have premium and each of the 24 mans give a little over 3 gold altogether after finishing them. You also have to take into account that you have to wait for Bay Lee spawns, which can take a while and for all 3 bosses in Ploghollows to be up. On top of this, we have the fabulous kill 100 monsters in Frostscale Basin, which, even if you run around with a group of ap 500+ people, is still generally slow because you still have to move as a pack and pull only 5-6 mobs at a time otherwise you won't get credit and/or the mobs will reset. You will also take a while to do the skilled warriors daily in Beastbog, because usually if you wait around till you get invited to Bay Lee, everyone else is fighting over them as well. Combined together, these 24-mans (Beastbog, Ploghollows, Frostscale Basin) will give around 10g (rounding up).

If the stars align, and you get a Bay Lee invite into an awesome party into a magically somewhat empty channel (cos it can't be too empty or Bay Lee will take forever to kill) so you can get all the skilled warrior spawns (particularly the hex poggles and skull crushers) then again get a magical Ploghollow invite into the 3 bosses into a Golden Giganura spawn (kek) into a Frostcale Basin invite and do every single 24-man quest in 20ish minutes (super generous here LOL), you end up with a whopping... 10g. 

BUT DONT WORRY FRIENDS. WE STILL HAVE 20 MINUTES LEFT. WHICH MEANS SPEEDRUNNING THE 3 PURPLES HUEEHUEHUEHUE. Something that is entirely achievable with people who are supposedly struggling with the costs of buying Moonwater TS. Yes. Sure. This will end well. 

Necropolis gives approximately 5g total from all dailies. Frozen Fang, around 2 gold 30 silver. Yeti, around 2 gold 30 silver. Total 10g all up. 

Even if you do manage to do these 3 dungeons in 20 min (topkek), that still makes only 20g in 40 min. I guess 20g is close enough to 25g? Whats 5g between friends?

But back on topic, this game's pve is not very casual friendly. The best way to earn gold is through farming 4-mans for their drops (ornaments, books, recipe, broken sword pieces), Soulstone Plains (if you're ranged, geared and have a decent enough rank to hold up to 500 prestige for the most value pouch) or Brilliant Blackwyrm Box farming. Dailies are the worst possible gold/hr option in this game compared to those 3 above, but they're the ONLY option for many casuals and new people hitting 50. 

That being said, you don't need to be 600+ ap to do the current content. If you do reach 450 AP (and you can by doing  few dailies here and there for gold for upgrades) with decent crit and crit damage, you can do every single current piece of content in this game. Anything above is a luxury, so you shouldn't feel the need to get Hongmoon Energy Stage 5 or a Scorpio weapon.

11 hours ago, Taemek said:

huh? You can make 25 gold a day just running the dailies. This isn't if you get lucky on a good RNG chest and can sell something.

Claiming that you can't afford progression at Moonwater stage at this point is just plain bs.

How many hours is that?

Instead of complaining something that is not problem do something usefull instead of wasting your time running around doing nothing productive.

I wont be sharing tips how to make money because i want you to learn think it by urself instead of always relying someone else. But heres something when expansion hit i had 2x characters with true pirate gear and everything else upgraded. Also warlock hongmoon skill book 400g or something like that.

Expansion hit i was around 900g and now im 1500g + almost everything rdy to upgrade one character to max. So yeah yes i've played lot past 3 days to get these stuff but even if you're casual if you do right things it takes 3-4 times more so couple of weeks if you know what you're doing.

Before someone brings "but i can only do 30g per day with dailies" argument ill shoot you down and say this. Its not possible to get rich with just doing dailies. Theres no such mmorpg game that works that way. Players who find ways to do money will do it A LOT more than just players who are clueless how to make money and do dailies.

Im doing max 5 dailies per day and they just come along when im doing other stuff. So yeah

if u got 2 hrs a day id advise u to go play moba or shooter games. in mmos theres always a grind. and in terms of grind bns is one of the less time required to gear up. for example in la2 u need 3 years to make top wep Kappa

11 hours ago, Taemek said:
25 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

Let me give you some insider information: At L45, just doing 2-3 sets of dailies, earns you over 7G a day. Leveling from L45 to L50 you can pocket over 25G just from the quest line. The L45+L50 purples plus Mushin 1-7 will allow you to earn over 15G. Still got issues buy that MTS for 5G?? 

Now take EU prices... MTG is 7g 50 right now. Virtually everything is 15-25% more expansive than US - WHILE WE MAKE THE SAME AMOUNT OF GOLD through dailies.

That being said, you don't need to be 600+ ap to do the current content. If you do reach 450 AP (and you can by doing  few dailies here and there for gold for upgrades) with decent crit and crit damage, you can do every single current piece of content in this game

With the shitty tagging system in this game - you do need these values to get loot on Soulstone Plains. It's flat out impossible to get tags on SS Plains (especially as a melee) if you have several (ranged) people with their 550+ AP runing around.

16 minutes ago, Hustensaft said:

With the shitty tagging system in this game - you do need these values to get loot on Soulstone Plains. It's flat out impossible to get tags on SS Plains (especially as a melee) if you have several (ranged) people with their 550+ AP runing around.

Oh I should've clarified, when I said clear all content I didn't specify whether you'd be doing it efficiently, just that you've done enough and have experienced everything the game has to currently offer.

If you only have 450 AP, of course it will be difficult to join groups that are doing 4-man speedruns for loot, Blackwyrm for Brilliant chest and SSP farming for prestige. But all of these things are simply ways to earn more gold. You can also "clear" this content with only 450 AP, you just won't be spending your time efficiently.

But then of course, if your end-game goal is invest a good portion of your life into farming mad shekels at highly efficient rates then you're going to need more than 450 AP (amongst other stats). If you fit into this category, you probably aren't wasting your time reading this thread, because there's that BW in ch 2 that just spawned on the hill, or that SSP ch 1 which has just started mining phase or your guildies have invited you to run Frozen Fang 4-man again for the 152nd time (my personal favorite). 

However, if you're a casual who just wants to have a look at what this game has to offer then get 450 AP, clear all the 4-man heroics with it and be done with it, because the gear treadmill isn't slowing down anytime soon.

38 minutes ago, Taemek said:

No the problem is that you seem to forget that the new area rewards more gold per hour then the old area.

Stop making excuses and go there.

and you forget that there are people with Profane weapon and Infernal accessories

I was wondering when people were going to start complaining about prices on here lol.  Back then when SS/MTS prices dropped like no other, you saw 3048304830843 threads on "OMG I can't make $ anymore, do something NCWEST?!!??!!!!"

Haven't logged in yet to see today's prices, but all I can say is just keep going up in price.  I will laugh like no other when MTS is 20g and silverfrost is 5g lol.  Also make 1 soulstone 1gold each please.  Also to the guy who said you can make 25g in 40 min, I can do it in 10 min.  GIT GOOD, kthxbai.

16 minutes ago, Yagion said:

and you forget that there are people with Profane weapon and Infernal accessories

And?

They can still do the new dailies with those items no issues as it was designed for it.

2 minutes ago, Reyva said:

I was wondering when people were going to start complaining about prices on here lol.  Back then when SS/MTS prices dropped like no other, you saw 3048304830843 threads on "OMG I can't make $ anymore, do something NCWEST?!!??!!!!"

Haven't logged in yet to see today's prices, but all I can say is just keep going up in price.  I will laugh like no other when MTS is 20g and silverfrost is 5g lol.  Also make 1 soulstone 1gold each please.  Also to the guy who said you can make 25g in 40 min, I can do it in 10 min.  GIT GOOD, kthxbai.

Yeah i already stopped crafting silverfrost transformation stones for sell because they hardly provide any profit. :D Waste of time now Tho i already made like 2k with them so im happy and go on to do other stuff ;:D

8 minutes ago, Yagion said:

So? My L49 FM is still on that with 373AP, so are my 2 other L45s that I have not level up yet. Go look it up yourself here.

It seems you guys want everything handed to you. All of you want to jump on the 500AP dailies bandwagan, but yet, do not want to get to that L50 and upgrade from your ~325AP L42 profane+gear so you can get to that 500AP weapon+gear.

You cannot reach 500AP if you do not reach 400AP first; there is no pass go and collect $200 dollars in this game, unless you have a lot of IRL cash to buy NCoins with.

OP makes good points and it's important to the health of the game community. If people like him drop, we will be at underpopulated servers quickly.

(25g in 40 mins is totally misguided.)

Most of us are doing pickup groups (pugs) and are not getting anywhere close to this. Run the purple instances and you inevitably have someone drop which means adding a new player who has to run a ridiculous distance to get to the main party. why? why have this? why isn't there a portal after the boss has been killed? It's bad enough that you had someone drop and slow your progress and now you have people not wanting to join the party. I think we have all waited for long periods while we tried to get someone to join the group who was willing to run the long distance. Just bad design that only aggravates the players. It's supposed to be fun not frustrating.

Add in the fact that you actually get weaker as you level up, to the point where you can't get rewards for kills, and you have a catch-22. You need the kills to upgrade but you can't get the reward until you are upgraded lol. Bad design. Think about it - if other players hit the boss hard, your chances of getting credit for the kill and loot drops. Bad design that requires your team to be weak for you to do well. Bad design.

There are many things about the game that are extraordinary - there was a lot of thought that went into the first 45 levels. Not hardly as refined after you hit 45. Steady stream of incentives to keep growing coupled with just in time helpful items to help get you there.

Worst part of all this is that if you started a new toon now, to experience the another class, you will have to make an extraordinary amount of gold to get the upgrades needed, That hurts the game and the community. Bad design.

7 minutes ago, AionCheesecake said:

I'm a casual with no clan, and I just take my time doing some dailies and stuff and not worrying about having all the top level gear right now.

Stop worrying about having it all now and just play the game.

there is no other option :D

Aside from MTS costs (which have gone up considerably since the lvl 50 patch hit) there is absolutely nothing here worth complaining about. Prices of SS in EU got from 20-25 silver to 40 or so in matter of days. MTS got from 6 down to 5 and then back up to 7,15 gold in the same amount of time. Don't start me talking about other materials you need for upgrades. But the truth is, that really doesn't matter. As people already have said, it's all about the time management.

Don't like the price of SS on your server? Go SSP and farm them. You can do PP farm and net yourself quite an amount of SS. Don't like the cost of, say Poharan's Perfume? No problem, get your s**t together and go grind that BSC. The charm of this bidding system lies in the fact that even though you don't win an item, you still get money from the person that did. And when an item is especially rare, you can net up to gold piece or even more for it. Even if you don't like prices of MTS, you can still get Refiners from Merry Potters for 5 or so gold per item/stack (not sure) and make 10 stones.

My point is, if this game is your life atm, you are probably at end-game content already. If you are a casual, you needn't worry about costs of materials. Just set your own pace and enjoy the game. Everything will balance itself out once the new content stops comming out and you will get your easy TSs.

Funny thing about other version of B&S is that I think some of the other versions of B&S will cover half or most of the weapon upgrading requirements through the Level Up Questions we get as we reach certain levels. I think one version even gives the players free Class Weapon Keys.

11 hours ago, Sprinkles said:

Many players don't have the time to run all those dailies to make 25G. More casual players that may only play 2 hours a day can only make a fraction of that gold. Maybe 4 or 5G. If you don't have time to run all dailies all day everyday, the prices are a little crazy and progression comes to a halt. 

2 Hours is enough, seriously..

You can get 14 Soulstones in Misty Woods in about 10-15 minutes max. With the few silvers from quest rewards and current soulstone prices this translates to roughly 6 gold. 1 + 3/4 hour to go. If their gear is decent (true profane, infernal accessories, decent ss) they can now do the two purple dungeons (not yeti.. way to crazy for low gear) which gives 2+4 gold and also 3 frozen darts, which also translates to 6+6 gold. Let's say it's rough runs and you do them in 45 mins. That means after an hour you have 17-18 gold now. One hour to go. Blue dungeons. Other dailies. They all give like 30-50 silver each. Hart to imagine that they can only do a few gold in one hour.

Well I'm okay with soulstone - moonstone - darts and silverfrost stone requirements. Most of those stuff are farmable and you don't need rng ( except recipe which is kinda cheap now ) . What I'm pissed off about is that the naryu tablets being gated behind RNG boxes. It's like 50-60g each in my server and you need 22 of those for to max your weapon. ( Don't know about the accessory )

19 hours ago, Zuzu said:

The form of your previous post didn't imply anything of wanting to know how to make gold though.

You came off as hostile and claiming you have to basically have no life to make any decent amount of gold in this game.

I'd be more than happy to tell you and others how to make gold the way I did. But if they will come off as hostile saying that you'd have to have no life to get anything then I probably won't reply in giving advice, rather defending myself and others instead.

Also, when I say co-leader of a small clan, it's about 5~10 active people and all of them are lower geared(True Profane~Awakened Siren) so I still had to solo everything to progress with my gear. Just as of a few days ago they actually upgraded their stuff.

Please point out the Hostility part. If anyone was Hostile and Salty, YOU definitively came across as that. I'm simply stating how I seen your "replies/posts".

Question what do YOU consider "low lvl", from what I read of the original post was they didn't have the equipment your "low levels" possess.

Like the old commercial " Do you wanna make extra money ??? Of course we all do..." pretty much sums up the core of what the issue is or at least what it's was meant to be.

for the people who take care of their responsibilities in life (work, children, university) I applaud, However when anyone takes a condescending attitude in their replies they lose any respectability. once again PEACE OUT ^_^

Archived