Game is getting too pricy and putting me off from playing

Drakeos99

2 minutes ago, Madolche said:

Not hard at all to advance in this game. Easiest game i ever played. Its not even hard to make money either. Aside from doing dailies. I make a lot of money from dungeon drops and farming things out in the open world. You are honestly not even trying. 

What items that sells from dungeon cause you def need to save up soulstone/frozen venom/moonstone/ for upgrading gear = prob worth 500-1k per upgrades

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Drakeos99 said:

What items that sells from dungeon cause you def need to save up soulstone/frozen venom/moonstone/ for upgrading gear = prob worth 500-1k per upgrades

Lol. The field boss drops critical soul shields that sell for 60silver to 2 or 3 gold depending on the piece you get. I make money from skill books that drop in bloodshade harbor as well. Dailies give a ton of money

Just now, Drakeos99 said:

That what it's feel like right now cause mats are like 100-300g to get to true breeze from pirate :(

Well its new content.. obviously everything is expensive. Why are you rushing anyway

1 minute ago, Madolche said:

You guys wanna see "hard to progress in a game"? Try gearing your self on maplestory as it is right now lol.

That what it's feel like right now cause mats are like 100-300g to get to true breeze from pirate :(

Just now, Drakeos99 said:

It's new content. What did you really expect?

Give it a month or two and things will drop down like the materials for True Pirate did.

Getting True Breeze weapon, Awakened Oathbreaker accessories or higher is purely luxury right now.

You can easily hit 500~510 AP with just True Pirate, True Siren accessories and Awakened Oathbreaker Bracelet(mentioning this since it only requires 1 Silverfrost stone which is 13g in NA server)

2 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

>works 10 hours a day, 5 days a week(6 if needed on weekend)

>takes a nap for 2 hours after work

>plays for 4 hours~ a day.

Making 20~30g a day(depends on my mood)

Still at True pirate wep, True siren accessories, Awakened Oathbreaker bracelet. Also co-leader of a small, active clan.

Stop throwing the excuse "not everyone has time to do to stuff to afford 'x' item/gear".

It's basically time management. You can easily make 10g a day in less than 2 hours and progress slowly with your gear.

let me rephrase his concern. Not everyone can sit in front of a computer for hours a day or want to play everyday.  

I always farm all my mats except for transformation stones, which are VERY over expensive due to how ridiculously annoying it is to make them. 

Im guessing most people are stuck at when weapons/gear require 5+ stones each. at the current price

5* 6 gold = 30 gold each. * 3 accessories. = 90 gold + (~20 gold for weapon) = 110 gold per rank up

like stated earlier most people dont want to dedicate their entire life to farming. Im assuming that these people (including me) average about 30-40 gold MAX a week.

keep in mind that these are just transformation stones. Is it possible to farm more gold? yes. Are transformation stones expensive? yes.

Zuzu, at lvl 32 I don't have True Pirate/Siren gear for your information, and probably some others don't either (notice I didn't generalize). The fact that a huge number of players working and etc.. that are doing well in the game is great. Honestly some (like me) are horrible at time management or just don't know the "insider tricks" (just coining a phrase) on making game money. "Walk a thousand miles in a mans moccasins(or shoes) before you criticize them"-- old Native American saying.

Yes I've seen the lvl 45 in 15 game hours video I just don't care to follow it. Also I'm in no RUSH to get to lvl 45+ and rake in the gold, THAT is my situation NOT EXCUSE.Could money be better at lower lvls ? Yeah probably, honestly for me I DON'T GIVE a *Cricket chirp* . Being undercut by Bots, yes I have a legitimate concern and so does anyone below lvl 45 or 50.

As far as my posts I'm just stating what I've heard in chat, or read in other posts. I'm not calling for this big uprising like the French Revolution ok ?

One point I did notice was "co-leader of a small clan", as I stated being in an active clan can help increase "cash flow", going solo is a bee-yotchhh for cash earnings, simple fact, economics 101.

So PEOPLE quit getting salty and saying "Throwing the Excuse...  or "Using the BS card.." and maybe do something productive like comment on HOW to improve cash flow, how much game tame is spent Boss fighting, Gathering crafting, etc  so others get a clue as how to do things.

Hell if I had any ideas for making gold I'd be posting them ok ???

I Agree with the Op and Ive played lots o mmos to see the difference in pricing, the insane jump from one transformation stone to the next etc, tho im still having fun heh.

Currently im barely able to buy a moontransstone for my hijukar weapon upgrade not including the accessories and i can understand why its expensive since this games crafting is pure BS in certain areas since ive been trying to up my skill in crafts.

I(lv46) can do the dailies till dokumo dung if im lucky with groups and barely make some cash/day and I dont want to burden other players with me being in higher dungeons cause reasons, curses ,"insert other crazy remarks from uber players." My gold income is very limited as in barely 2g a day cause of limited time to play.

I understand the grind but be honest  compare the upgrade from Tomb of Exiles/lycan and compare what comes next for a casual player just having fun and enjoying the game( think at that time i had like 2 or 3g at lycan). Its kinda a huge jump from cinderlandstranssstone doing just the quests/few dailies without spending it all on ONE moontransstone and go on with no cash at all running to areas cause id have no more cash for even windstride.

Guess we slow lvlers just have to be patient, take the "OMG U STILL USING INFERNAL WEAPON" remarks in dungeons and wait till we can afford upgrades...

57 minutes ago, JumpingBean said:

let me rephrase his concern. Not everyone can sit in front of a computer for hours a day or want to play everyday.  

I always farm all my mats except for transformation stones, which are VERY over expensive due to how ridiculously annoying it is to make them. 

Im guessing most people are stuck at when weapons/gear require 5+ stones each. at the current price

5* 6 gold = 30 gold each. * 3 accessories. = 90 gold + (~20 gold for weapon) = 110 gold per rank up

like stated earlier most people dont want to dedicate their entire life to farming. Im assuming that these people (including me) average about 30-40 gold MAX a week.

keep in mind that these are just transformation stones. Is it possible to farm more gold? yes. Are transformation stones expensive? yes.

I think you better reread what the person wrote you replied too and then put some thought behind how much they actually play, because by definition of casual, they are casual and still progressing.

1 hour ago, Drakeos99 said:

If they reduce the costs and mats required things wouldn't be expensive as hell :(

And you would upgrade in 1 week then whine there is no content, then what?

Ultimately, whoever worked on the costs for upgrades from Infernal onward f***ed up so badly that they deserve to be fired out of sheer principle. You don't make Lv36 equipment suddenly require items gated behind L45 content to continue, unless you're just stupid or a sadistic troll. This coupled with the selfish bidding system, means that you effectively no longer progress on your own terms or merit, unless you want to take almost forever to do so. Once again, NCSoft proves that they never ever learn.

5 hours ago, Sprinkles said:

Many players don't have the time to run all those dailies to make 25G. More casual players that may only play 2 hours a day can only make a fraction of that gold. Maybe 4 or 5G. If you don't have time to run all dailies all day everyday, the prices are a little crazy and progression comes to a halt. 

this is fake once u reach lv50 if you have 400+ap u should manage 12g in 1h or 1h30mins depending on how well your dungeon runs go just by runing on the big 3 lv50 purple dungeons(premium) or around 9-10g non premium and this comes all just from 1h of play time and all you need in the team is a warlock but if u have double warlock+sin or kfm in team u can do them way easier i do the like this with allways more than 1min left on timer and on yeti 1min and half+ left

7 minutes ago, Mucski said:

Been playing since the begining, never could afford to go above Awakened Siren. What does that tell you about this game and casual players?

im a casual player except at weekends. but even beeing a casual player u should put some effort during your play time if u cant get above awakened siren its all your fault 90%+ of the other mmorpg are way harder to get endgame gears comparing to this one name me one mmorpg that is not echo of souls and you can get your gears easier than this one and its also not a pirate server. can u? because i play mmorpgs for 10+ years and the only game that i found was echo of souls and even still the game is pretty much destroyed itself in less than a year and its also the only 100% game that you cant p2w or p2progress

i have friends that quit early on...before lvl 30. Some people just hate grinding and working for advancement. Really though in less then a month if you put the time in you can be top tier. its really not that bad. only for players that expect to be the best in the first two days.

as others have pointed out it rly comes down to time management and what you are doing to progress. Its actually extremely ez to reach endgame compared to many other mmos.

8 hours ago, Taemek said:

huh? You can make 25 gold a day just running the dailies. This isn't if you get lucky on a good RNG chest and can sell something.

Claiming that you can't afford progression at Moonwater stage at this point is just plain bs.

the Moonwater content is not piece of cake now. stop spouting bullshit. since people moved to Silverfrost, NSH is pain in the ass to do cause not enough people do it, so majority of times you can't finish the dailies and get gold income. also there's no drop for bracelet and belt anymore, so you have to buy those with Siren Emblems from the npc, and since most of the times NSH is empty and you can't do the dailies, you don't have enough Siren Emblem to even buy the bracelet

1 hour ago, Netson said:

this is fake once u reach lv50 if you have 400+ap u should manage 12g in 1h or 1h30mins depending on how well your dungeon runs go just by runing on the big 3 lv50 purple dungeons(premium) or around 9-10g non premium and this comes all just from 1h of play time and all you need in the team is a warlock but if u have double warlock+sin or kfm in team u can do them way easier i do the like this with allways more than 1min left on timer and on yeti 1min and half+ left

but the thing is that they don't have 400ap. in EU, MTS is 7+g each, and SS 40s. NSH is ghost town majority of times so you can't do all the dailies, and you get way less than 10g. that's hardly enough to even buy MTS. but let's say they reach 400ap, who's gonna take them with 400ap in 50 purple dungeons? with 400ap you don't even enter in Labyrinth now a days

26 minutes ago, Yagion said:

the Moonwater content is not piece of cake now. stop spouting bullshit. since people moved to Silverfrost, NSH is pain in the ass to do cause not enough people do it, so majority of times you can't finish the dailies and get gold income. also there's no drop for bracelet and belt anymore, so you have to buy those with Siren Emblems from the npc, and since most of the times NSH is empty and you can't do the dailies, you don't have enough Siren Emblem to even buy the bracelet

but the thing is that they don't have 400ap. in EU, MTS is 7+g each, and SS 40s. NSH is ghost town majority of times so you can't do all the dailies, and you get way less than 10g. that's hardly enough to even buy MTS. but let's say they reach 400ap, who's gonna take them with 400ap in 50 purple dungeons? with 400ap you don't even enter in Labyrinth now a days

You do the new dailies in the new zones and get 3 times the amount for your efforts that you would of spent in NSH.

Stop making excuses.

3 minutes ago, Yagion said:

lol

im on EbonHall EU and i do all of the mentioned DGs(big 3 purple ones) all days and i have 413 ap now and most of times my pty avg is only 420-430 ap at most get ur facts straight. also u say u cant but there really is gold income

mushin solo 2g+ just from 1-7f

mistywoods daillies

on 24man u cant do anything but if ure in a guild with active members u can just get a 6member pty and do all 24m quests with them except poh and it shouldnt take that long same aplies for nsh

blackram suply chain 6m is easy fast and worth almost 1g

bsh is worth 1g+ and easy(just not fast due to the dungeon itself)

if u didnt get at least true siren be4 silverfrost either youre a new player that wants everything handed out or ure a slacker that hopes to be carried and hides behind the"this or that is not reasonable" i have 413ap and i can tell u i manage to finish all soulstone plains daillies for abt 60SS a day on my alt and if u do all main quests+side quests to 50 lv50 u should net easy 30g+

theres plenty of options ingame for gold making u just need to know how even with 2h a day if did misty woods daillies+beach daillies+Tomb of Exiles(avg 20soulstones) this itself would not take more than 40mins

then u can run blue lv45dgs once each for abt 10-15mins each 40-60min making 80-100mins(my time is allways on the minimum side i would manage this all up to this place in 80mins-)

then run poh6 wich takes 15-20mins now if u do by the minimum times like i can on my sin u should still be able to do bsh and spend aprox 2h10min for all of that or u can skip both and go do the mushin 1-7f for 30mins and u only use up 1h50mins leaving u 10mins free for anything else.

in 4h be4 lv50 patch i could make 20g+ now i can make around 20g in 1h leaving me time to do both my main and alt for 40g a day (2-3h depending on my luck) and up to the 4th hour i can just spam soulstone plains if i feel like it for extra income.

if ure ranged on ssp u can do most daillies during the mining phase get the intel dailly+ chests and soulstone keys instead of selling keys open the chests u will get moonstones wich are almost the same price as the key and u have a chance to besides the 1 moonstone u get, to get +5 moonstones if i went to sell everything i got in valuable items i could make an instant 200g atm but i save everything for upgrades and farm my mats while my luck helps me alot also on everything

yesterday 1 gem hammer + venture token from dailly chests

today honorary ornament + venture token from daily dash

also if u dont know in case u pick tree fellers+potter u can make silverfrost picks u use like 5ss+20(from fees) to get 1 silverfrost pickaxe/day wich costs 2g to make but it costs like 4g(at least was at that price yesterday) in market and sell it for 100% profit or just mine the silverfrost quartz if u mine 2 u get pickaxe value in market if u mine 3 u get xtra profit, if u mine rich nodes u get huge profit.

srr for the wall of text but i could write another wall like these with more things u could do for gold and it still wouldnt cover everything

6 hours ago, Succubus Lilith said:

Honestly, I think the core of the problem is the limited daily soulstones, especially after the tickets moved out of moonwater dungeons.

Think about it, if soulstones were lower in price, everything that required them would eventually also drop in price.

Gold would become far less of an issue as everything would be affordable.

Of course, the current way around this is to be patient and not take anything in this game seriously.

We WILL eventually hit a wall of no updates, where players will inevitably begin to swarm the market with resources.

Just gotta enjoy the ride with a healthy dose of salt.

Or be like me and spend days farming for cosmetics while disregarding weapon upgrades completely.

I have no problem making 150 soul stones everyday, just rescuing bodies in pvp 

6 hours ago, Ayane69 said:

Zuzu, at lvl 32 I don't have True Pirate/Siren gear for your information, and probably some others don't either (notice I didn't generalize). The fact that a huge number of players working and etc.. that are doing well in the game is great. Honestly some (like me) are horrible at time management or just don't know the "insider tricks" (just coining a phrase) on making game money. "Walk a thousand miles in a mans moccasins(or shoes) before you criticize them"-- old Native American saying.

Yes I've seen the lvl 45 in 15 game hours video I just don't care to follow it. Also I'm in no RUSH to get to lvl 45+ and rake in the gold, THAT is my situation NOT EXCUSE.Could money be better at lower lvls ? Yeah probably, honestly for me I DON'T GIVE a *Cricket chirp* . Being undercut by Bots, yes I have a legitimate concern and so does anyone below lvl 45 or 50.

As far as my posts I'm just stating what I've heard in chat, or read in other posts. I'm not calling for this big uprising like the French Revolution ok ?

One point I did notice was "co-leader of a small clan", as I stated being in an active clan can help increase "cash flow", going solo is a bee-yotchhh for cash earnings, simple fact, economics 101.

So PEOPLE quit getting salty and saying "Throwing the Excuse...  or "Using the BS card.." and maybe do something productive like comment on HOW to improve cash flow, how much game tame is spent Boss fighting, Gathering crafting, etc  so others get a clue as how to do things.

Hell if I had any ideas for making gold I'd be posting them ok ???

The form of your previous post didn't imply anything of wanting to know how to make gold though.

You came off as hostile and claiming you have to basically have no life to make any decent amount of gold in this game.

I'd be more than happy to tell you and others how to make gold the way I did. But if they will come off as hostile saying that you'd have to have no life to get anything then I probably won't reply in giving advice, rather defending myself and others instead.

Also, when I say co-leader of a small clan, it's about 5~10 active people and all of them are lower geared(True Profane~Awakened Siren) so I still had to solo everything to progress with my gear. Just as of a few days ago they actually upgraded their stuff.

Archived