How do you know how much Ping you have

elaquardia

Hello I am new to game and I have an average PC How do I know how Much Ping I have in Game as The only measurement is FPS is there a formula using FPS or is there a program that measures Ping Thanks for any advice I am leaning for a Kung Fu Master but hesitant coz of freeze on the servers I have died several time coz of freeze issues especially on a boss Do I need an upgrade on video card any advice is greatly appreciated Elaquardia Windemere 

Ignore what Ra9eQuit wrote about the Ping. If you use an external Website to test your ping, you get the ping to the server the website runs on. Your latency can, and will be, totally different ingame, depending on the route and hops.

To see your ingame ping you can use this method, Windows 10 required! (i use a non-english version, so the translation may be a bit different, use common sense)

1. Right click on your Taskbar and open the Task-Manager.
  2. Click on the Performance Tab
  3. At the bottom click Resource Monitor (a new window will open)
  4. Click on the Network Tab
  5. In the top field is a list with all processes that access the internet at the moment. Find "Client.exe" and click the checkbox in front of the entry
  6. You will now see in the bottom field the TCP connections from Client.exe (BnS Client). Your ping is on the right side.

Note, there is also "remote address", this is the Server IP your Client.exe is connected to. You can grab this IP to check the route, hops and latency in detail. Press your Windows Key + R (or right click your start button and select Run), insert cmd and press Enter. This will open a prompt. Type tracert ip where IP is the remote address you got from resource monitor and press Enter.

On 4/4/2016 at 0:40 AM, Haxshot said:

Ignore what Ra9eQuit wrote about the Ping. If you use an external Website to test your ping, you get the ping to the server the website runs on. Your latency can, and will be, totally different ingame, depending on the route and hops.

To see your ingame ping you can use this method, Windows 10 required! (i use a non-english version, so the translation may be a bit different, use common sense)

1. Right click on your Taskbar and open the Task-Manager.
  2. Click on the Performance Tab
  3. At the bottom click Resource Monitor (a new window will open)
  4. Click on the Network Tab
  5. In the top field is a list with all processes that access the internet at the moment. Find "Client.exe" and click the checkbox in front of the entry
  6. You will now see in the bottom field the TCP connections from Client.exe (BnS Client). Your ping is on the right side.

Note, there is also "remote address", this is the Server IP your Client.exe is connected to. You can grab this IP to check the route, hops and latency in detail. Press your Windows Key + R (or right click your start button and select Run), insert cmd and press Enter. This will open a prompt. Type tracert ip where IP is the remote address you got from resource monitor and press Enter.

That's a good answer :) but Windows 10 is not required man, it works on Win7 and Win8 too.

I still wonder which port is the actual gameserver remote port? 10100 or 10241?

10100 the actual server
10900 the cross-server (Arena / cross-server dungeons)
For me, Windrest does not lag, never, but cross-server does at peak time, after 7 pm UTC+1. Everything's fine in the morning, or very late at night.

Archived