Crash Crash and Crash

Dad

On 4/1/2016 at 0:21 AM, Hime said:

Thank you for the responses. We know there have been NVIDIA drivers causing issues (I am not sure if NVIDIA has resolved this). I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but can you please also submit a ticket about your crashes if you haven't done so already? Also, did you notice anything related to Awesomium when you crash?

Identical issue here. Crashes with either "Blade & soul not responding" or "error has occurred" with an empty white box to submit report.

My GPU is MSI R9 390, i7-6700K CPU, so it's not NVIDIA related. 

The common thing I noticed between them is game going over 3.2 GB used RAM which is nearing the limit for 32-bit app (and the client multiplies sometimes??)

Mostly happens in Soulstone Plains and Grand Harvest Square, here's two separate cases:

Eypxgw9.png

vrWSkGi.jpg

To add, reducing graphic settings to 1 frees up some RAM and makes the crashes less likely, so the issue will be mostly experienced by people with high-end PCs running high settings in populated areas.

I've also noticed that sometimes the RAM taken reaches 3.1-3.2GB, then client freezes for 2-3 seconds and unfreezes with RAM back at 2.8GB (I assume it collects some garbage during the lag).

Same issue, anywhere anytime sudden crash and lag spike~(freezing screen for like 0.5s - 1s)

including skill delays..

16GB ram

i5 6600K

R9 390 card

never had this issue pre-patch (latest patch)

can do BW at 45-70 FPS max settings but with CTRL+F

now I can't even go GHS / SSP lol

On 4/1/2016 at 5:10 PM, Passel said:

recently, I replaced my ram from 8G to 16G and it start crashing.

So, I reversed back to old  8G ram and it stop crashing. I am using ATI as well.

some ram is good for some purposes and ram ties closely to your graphic.

Did you add 8GB to your existing 8GB? That might have been your problem.

Despite what many people will tell you, adding more memory sticks to the ones you already have can cause problems. Sometimes it isn't enough to cause obvious problems like crashing programs but if you check the Windows Event Viewer you'll see memory-related errors. Is more likely that mismatched or faulty RAM caused your issues than BnS being problematic with more memory. Not to say that your conclusion is impossible, stranger things have happened, but less it's likely than the RAM issues I mentioned.

When upgrading your RAM quantity it is best to 1) replace all the RAM with a single matched kit, and 2) use as few sticks as possible. In other words use a 2x8 kit instead of a 4x4 kit (if you're upgrading to 16GB). The latter isn't a huge deal but every contribution to stability is a plus. :)

On 4/4/2016 at 9:53 AM, Enhance said:

Identical issue here. Crashes with either "Blade & soul not responding" or "error has occurred" with an empty white box to submit report.

My GPU is MSI R9 390, i7-6700K CPU, so it's not NVIDIA related. 

The common thing I noticed between them is game going over 3.2 GB used RAM which is nearing the limit for 32-bit app (and the client multiplies sometimes??)

Mostly happens in Soulstone Plains and Grand Harvest Square, here's two separate cases:

Eypxgw9.png

vrWSkGi.jpg

To add, reducing graphic settings to 1 frees up some RAM and makes the crashes less likely, so the issue will be mostly experienced by people with high-end PCs running high settings in populated areas.

I've also noticed that sometimes the RAM taken reaches 3.1-3.2GB, then client freezes for 2-3 seconds and unfreezes with RAM back at 2.8GB (I assume it collects some garbage during the lag).

I have the same problem as you. Usually crashes at grand harvest square. Do you have any solutions?

On 4/4/2016 at 1:12 PM, xtreem said:

http://imgur.com/cqKKtoW

hope it helps abit

can you explain the image? I don't understand what it means

1 minute ago, Xephyron said:

I have the same problem as you. Usually crashes at grand harvest square. Do you have any solutions?

I set all settings to 1 during grand harvest square, then from time to time I alt-tab and wait for a bit (like between bosses) to let it collect garbage in background or whatever it is that it's doing. Usually helps, done a few Harvests without much issues.

Archived