Raids in this game are the worst I have ever seen

Fistafer

I have not had a beef with this game up until this point.  In fact I thought this game was the best game I have played up to this point.  All of that changed once I hit 45.  The end game raiding in this this game is horrid.  You join a group, I am 45 they are 50, they run ahead don't kill shit, and you are screwed.  Ew, wow, that was fun.  So far the end game in BnS is the worst I have ever played.

Correction - BnS raid are not at fault, people are. Sadly, BnS community is one of the most wretched communities I have seen in my gaming life. In my whole run for the last 2 months, I made just 4 friends who were good people. Everyone else I met were either elitist or were busy blaming everyone in the team. The exact same kind who run past all trash mobs when they saw that there is a low level player who might need help.

27 minutes ago, Fistafer said:

I have not had a beef with this game up until this point.  In fact I thought this game was the best game I have played up to this point.  All of that changed once I hit 45.  The end game raiding in this this game is horrid.  You join a group, I am 45 they are 50, they run ahead don't kill shit, and you are screwed.  Ew, wow, that was fun.  So far the end game in BnS is the worst I have ever played.

21 minutes ago, NN13 said:

Correction - BnS raid are not at fault, people are. Sadly, BnS community is one of the most wretched communities I have seen in my gaming life. In my whole run for the last 2 months, I made just 4 friends who were good people. Everyone else I met were either elitist or were busy blaming everyone in the team. The exact same kind who run past all trash mobs when they saw that there is a low level player who might need help.

YES THE RAIDS ARE ATROCIOUS. People go flying, killing nothing that you need which are part of the *cricket*ing quests. And god forbid you take a moment to understand the map of these confusing raids, people leave you to die.

The amount of dungeons you have to avoid things in is stupid - why make such huge crowded dungeons with unnecessary amounts of mobs. Gotta run for your life and hope to stay out of combat only to have no green left to make it up the wall your party is on top of. Just stupid.

Just now, lilleax said:

The amount of dungeons you have to avoid things in is stupid - why make such huge crowded dungeons with unnecessary amounts of mobs. Gotta run for your life and hope to stay out of combat only to have no green left to make it up the wall your party is on top of. Just stupid.

But thats not the fault of developers. They made the game with something in their mind. They made it so that we are supposed to kill those mobs. People just adapted and skip those, but that does not mean they should just let their teammate die. They should go back and help him/her. Ya, there are places where you can not go back(Slashimi comes to mind) and that should change. But that does not mean people should just let their teammates die.

1 minute ago, NN13 said:

But thats not the fault of developers. They made the game with something in their mind. They made it so that we are supposed to kill those mobs. People just adapted and skip those, but that does not mean they should just let their teammate die. They should go back and help him/her. Ya, there are places where you can not go back(Slashimi comes to mind) and that should change. But that does not mean people should just let their teammates die.

Yes. So they should probably do something about it.

Yea, when I see lvl 50s in the 45 dungon/raids for 6man, I know its likely going to be a slop run.

They speed thru and agro mobs, but out run them so they reset for the lower lvl/s to have to deal with. Then you speed walk up the crates and they engage enemies and you drop like a rock bc it locks your windwalk, lol. So ofc you get attacked by mobs and burn them down to catch up, but can get fire locked out of the fight.

It's so nice when you actually have a team of randos that work together. Makes me glad I watched vids and learned the boss mechs ahead of time and can do the damn fight

3 minutes ago, lilleax said:

Yes. So they should probably do something about it.

Well, suggest them with ideas then. I don't really have an idea how they would control player behavior.

Infact this is heavily inforced in asian version in my experience. 95% of the pt run are like this and do it really well. Because if you don't skip unnecessary mobs then you are a time wasting newbie, and people look down on a person based on their skill.

Raids in this game require a 'monkey see, monkey do' approach for the most part... but that's assuming the other party members know what they are doing. Skipping mobs is one of those things and my early attempts went poorly, yes, but you eventually adapt.

Never had bad luck with people leaving me behind even if I was new to the dungeon but I do catch on fast so can't say much to that.

But will admit that the community is pretty anti-social when it comes to doing dungeons together.

You know, Wall Dash is not the only way to skip mobs...

Once thing they can do is that they can tie interesting rewards to the trash mobs, so people kill them for those. Not just Dumplings and Healing Tonics.

3 minutes ago, Aevri said:

Infact this is heavily inforced in asian version in my experience. 95% of the pt run are like this and do it really well. Because if you don't skip unnecessary mobs then you are a time wasting newbie, and people look down on a person based on their skill.

Yes, you can skip some...but the ones flanking the doors is a no brainer to burn down and run from the rest. BUT there will be times when that squishy lock/fm is running just as fast as thier lil locked windwalk will afford them and taking too many hits lol and you should help, it just as much a part of the mechanics and common sense as anything else. In BSH especially bc most 45s are there to get thier ss

1 hour ago, Fistafer said:

just wondering, did you communicate?
If so and theyve ignored you still, it was a bad party.

90% of the time I am always in a good party since launch. Just need to communicate.
Lots of my knowledge of the game was taught by randoms.

Another thing, if you just got to 45 you need to do an extra mile to prep(youtube guides) yourself on the dungeons you're entering since youll prolly party with veterans whom are used to doing quick runs which may be an overwhelming pace for newbies.

Here is another 2 tips of how to avoid mobs besides using wall dash :  

1.  make a jump which lands on the mobs' heads and jump again asap to get yourself away from them. Then those mobs may notice you, but they will calm down in a second or two.

2.  after getting mobs' attraction or hit, if there is a downside wall ahead like the wall at every boss site, get down and slide along the wall with spamming your space; if there is a slope or stairs ahead, get to the top and fly back. After doing these, mobs will go back.

i understand, im fairly new, but from just watching i learned how to skip the unnessecary mobs in both bloodshade and Poharan. Its not rly that difficult. At least in most of the teams ive been in when someone aggroes and cant get out we usuallly save em. or if theres an assassin in the group just let em die and he can bring em.

To be fair...you never need a 6 man party in this game...i litteraly run thru the whole game until lvl 45 only with one friend, i am Summ and he is BD...so with at least a 3 man party you should be able to speed run thru the whole game very easily, if we were able to do it with only 2, i cant imagine how easy is it with 3 or even 4. And no, we are not pro players, we died a few times doing the intances but once we learned the mechanics everything was easy.

There are no raids, only dungeons. And 24 man / open world dungeons.

However... did you tell the people that it's your first run and ask them to tell you how it's done properly? If not, then dont blame them for running it efficiently. It's not their job to ask in every single run if there is a new person who needs help, it's the new persons job to do so.

Edit: I only rarely have groups where people say that it's their first time or that they dont understand boss mechanics or something like that, but if they do, i only once had a group not being nice enough to explain stuff. After all all they want to do is complete the dungeon and not wipe too ;)

19 minutes ago, Yamyatos said:

There are no raids, only dungeons. And 24 man / open world dungeons.

However... did you tell the people that it's your first run and ask them to tell you how it's done properly? If not, then dont blame them for running it efficiently. It's not their job to ask in every single run if there is a new person who needs help, it's the new persons job to do so.

Edit: I only rarely have groups where people say that it's their first time or that they dont understand boss mechanics or something like that, but if they do, i only once had a group not being nice enough to explain stuff. After all all they want to do is complete the dungeon and not wipe too ;)

So much this, Just tell the people you don't know how to do what they're doing. Some of us are willing to help you enough so you can get through the run, just be honest. I'm less likely to want to escape to entrance and help those who stay silent even though they need the help. Just say something, i get that in some instances there's no obvious way to avoid mobs, i understand why some players don't do it. Ask for help. I can only hope those who pug go into it with an open mind about individual player experience.

• 3 weeks later...

I am new to this mmo. I am at level 48 I have just tried doing upper level dungeons recently. I am also one who is caught getting killed during mob runs.  It seems that the speed in which everyone from the forming the raid, to entering the dungeon, is so fast, that even if you posted you are new, that no one would see it.

I know in SWTOR the raids are much more difficult and mechanics driven.  So people have time to ask questions before each boss fight. You can't run my mobs because they will chase you down and not die until they are killed.

I guess I will just have to watch videos and make sure I have the mechanics down.  Also if the group could wait until everyone loaded up on Dragons blood would be helpful as well.

Archived