Sign in to follow this  
PandaTakeOver

Factions are not equal.Making new content not worth playing.

Doesn't matter what server you go to, one side is not equal. Currently on the poharan server blues outweigh reds in every OWPVP channel. You switch channels, you get a group together and start doing dailies then one blue sees you and reports it in and 500 blues come in attacking you for no reason other than to be jerks.It's like this in misty woods and has carried over into skypetal... The problem with this is that the new area takes 45 minutes to do.Most of the time it goes unsuccessful and results in everyone giving up and no dailies being completed. Since launch of 50 content I have yet to complete the dailies in skypetal from my faction.I am not alone in this and most people in faction chat/guild/friends/etc... have the same story as me. I and many others are 500ap + so it's not gear, Spend 2-3 hours trying to get people together to do these dailies but no one wants to because its a waste of time due to blues having bots + OWPVPers who live for this are almost all blue. I find it a bit ridiculous that cerulean order has a monopoly on moonstones and the large quantity of soulstones. The marketplace is not a good alternative because you need large quantities of these items. This is literally ruining the game for everyone on crimson.Fix factions before OWPVP is completely given up on and everyone leaves for a new game.

Zel   

I tried for, well, every day for about 4 hours to do the Soulstone Plains content as Crimson on Jiwan. I got it done once. Just, once at 1 in the morning because the faction imbalance on Jiwan is completely insurmountable. Every channel was 24/7 Ceruleans farming the battle while a handful of Crimson sat in the base and watched. That's unsustainable for the new content because the Soulstone Plains NEEDS to be done for mats. So, I jumped ship. I'm Cerulean now. Look at me contribute to the problem hooray. The problem is you either do the Plains, or you don't advance in any of the 50 content, it'd the #1 economic fuel source in the entire patch by a huge margin and being locked out of it means you're basically locked out of the patch.

I mean, it's not even a PvP zone. It is but it isn't. Nobody fights or contests on Jiwan. You go there PvE for 45 minutes and then you leave.

Edited by Zel

8 hours ago, Zel said:

I tried for, well, every day for about 4 hours to do the Soulstone Plains content as Crimson on Jiwan. I got it done once. Just, once at 1 in the morning because the faction imbalance on Jiwan is completely insurmountable. Every channel was 24/7 Ceruleans farming the battle while a handful of Crimson sat in the base and watched. That's unsustainable for the new content because the Soulstone Plains NEEDS to be done for mats. So, I jumped ship. I'm Cerulean now. Look at me contribute to the problem hooray. The problem is you either do the Plains, or you don't advance in any of the 50 content, it'd the #1 economic fuel source in the entire patch by a huge margin and being locked out of it means you're basically locked out of the patch.

I mean, it's not even a PvP zone. It is but it isn't. Nobody fights or contests on Jiwan. You go there PvE for 45 minutes and then you leave.

Yup that is how it is in Poharan as well.

Mishi   
6 hours ago, PandaTakeOver said:

Yup that is how it is in Poharan as well.

Poh has specified times Crimson goes to SSP in force. 

Chnmmr   

I wonder if the devs realise how incredibly serious this issue is.  It needs to be dealt with sooner rather than later because of how important pvp is to emdgame progression.  On wild springs, my cerulean clan would have switched to crimson ages ago if the clan itself could switch.  Last night we watched all 4 soul plain channels filled to the brim with crimsons getting tons of moonstones and soulstones, while cerulean faction chat has the occasional 'dont bother, we are utterly outnumbered again' banter whenever anyone had the audacity to want to partake in endgame soul plain content.  I have seen many an mmo with essential pvp fail because they had only two factions and no balance.

Gotex   

I'm from the Hajoon server and its reverse. There are more active Crim players. I think the problem is activeness. For instance, when you check to see if its balanced as in what players are in what faction, it says balanced. However, one faction on a server might not be as active as the the other side. On the Hajoon server today, I farmed 100 Misty Woods Insignia, and it took hours. Only because when trying to farm the tokens one Crim would come by attack, run away, then 2 mins later a ton of them come. I think there should be like an item a setting, or an area that you can set or go to,  if you want to do faction quests you can, and not have to OWPVP. 

so far the devs have made no effort in fixing the faction imbalance issues even though many decent suggestions have been sent their way. maybe they'll do something when an entire server has its playerbase all on the same faction

YukiNyuu   

The same is on Juwol server except Reds completely out weight Blue. Before level 50 patch, it was fairly even. Blues usually could do their things at night while reds during the day but now pretty much everyone has moved to the reds side leaving maybe half of the Blues left. Misty wood chan x 2 is almost impossible, SSP is just a joke. Reds play the game well and have the numbers, Blue isn't as organized but we just can't compete with the numbers either way.

I think the faction change was a bit of a stupid thing to do to this game, people can chop and change. Possibly merging servers to help balance it out could be an idea..

Rastlina   

The faction imbalance is causing a lot of players to switch to other games, I feel. If you are outnumbered 20/80 and if everyone gets the mindset to switch to the 80, then the server is broke, no wpvp. If they don't merge servers, then a temporary incentive to switch factions should be put in place to even out the numbers. Some servers are a joke because of how imbalanced it is. I'm on Juwol, and SSP is a non-event for blue. Every channel is locked by red most of the time. When it's not, they find out we are there and come anyway. It's caused a lot of game morale to decrease overall. I'm seeing more and more people stop playing and switching to BDO or other games.

If BNS doesn't fix this, I feel like they are going to lose a large part of their gamer base.

Sapfear   

The Faction balance is litteraly sht.
"Smart" ppl are just change their faction to Outnumbered one and doing "PVP" Content as PVE easily. Ppl with Honor are Just stand or leaving the game.
Today 2 ppl from my clan changed faction. one with Awakened Scorpio Lvl10 and good Jewelry. Cause they are just want quite farm their Prestige Points and not beeing hunted. Sad Story.
The game will be dead this way. Atleast one of the most important aspect of the game. Even if Devs do something about it. Cause those rich ppl will have their Legendary weapons, and loosing side not. GG. They will rekt even more.
Devs should do something ASAP.
Good idea if Infernal Battleground will be limited for equal number of ppl from both side.
Game needs to be Hard Balanced. Cause OWPVP is not about skill or something, its all about numbers and gear.
I like the game. But the situational makes ur moral just bad. When ur mates start changing factions and leaving clan, this makes the Game bring u bad emotions. No happiness. And the situational will come the way that u change ur faction or leave the game. Thats all.

OCA   

We deal fine with Crimson. They are 10 times more then us but on SS Plains, that not matter. Just play smart.

KzE   
53 minutes ago, breadANDbutter said:

same with hao district as well... crimson are so underpowered due to numbers and bots

On Hao crimson was always full at launch and still ceru have more bots. A lot of ppl switched to ceru, because crimson side was not organised.

On 4/1/2016 at 10:00 AM, PandaTakeOver said:

Doesn't matter what server you go to, one side is not equal. Currently on the poharan server blues outweigh reds in every OWPVP channel. You switch channels, you get a group together and start doing dailies then one blue sees you and reports it in and 500 blues come in attacking you for no reason other than to be jerks.It's like this in misty woods and has carried over into skypetal... The problem with this is that the new area takes 45 minutes to do.Most of the time it goes unsuccessful and results in everyone giving up and no dailies being completed. Since launch of 50 content I have yet to complete the dailies in skypetal from my faction.I am not alone in this and most people in faction chat/guild/friends/etc... have the same story as me. I and many others are 500ap + so it's not gear, Spend 2-3 hours trying to get people together to do these dailies but no one wants to because its a waste of time due to blues having bots + OWPVPers who live for this are almost all blue. I find it a bit ridiculous that cerulean order has a monopoly on moonstones and the large quantity of soulstones. The marketplace is not a good alternative because you need large quantities of these items. This is literally ruining the game for everyone on crimson.Fix factions before OWPVP is completely given up on and everyone leaves for a new game.

As a cerulean on Poh, I truly do feel sorry for you. Now, in no way is this post a troll or bait or anything like that. I really do feel sorry for you and know exactly how you feel. I started out as crimson and from the start I knew there was going to be issues. At launch, red faction was flooded with bots and that forced people into the blue faction. Once that happened, there was a huge imbalance of actual players vs bots in the factions. Even now, blue faction is dominant in that there are more actual players than bots. And its boring in this faction since there is no sense of cooperation. Most of the chat is people asking what channels have BW or Mining but no one shares any info, hindering everyone else. Blue faction isnt a faction, its divided by its guilds. It's not worth doing anything in blue faction because chances are, you will spend all day trying to find a group to help you do anything only for them to kick you out when you cant match their dps.

Evilom   

Being a Crimson player is getting boring. MW daily quest is taking several hours due to a lot of opposing faction players in the area. There are times that the only players you'll see in the area are Celureans. They (a group of 4-6 players) will hunt you down to ground until you give up and left the area especially when you PK'd a single Celurean which initially attacked you in the first place. My joined guild used to be noisy and active but now there are only few left, some are switching factions so that they could farm Soulstones and do the quest with minimal time, some are gone for other MMORPG, the remaining are just doing non-faction quests. As for me, I'd rather left the game for good than switch faction and accept your defeat for the rest of your in-game time.

This faction feature is great but uncontrollable. They should limit the signup to the factions and keep the gap close. When the player became in-active (for months), they should be kicked out from the faction to open up the slot for active players.

And oh, they should also solve the issue with the bots.

Khayto   

its funny, in old man cho its the opposite. absolutely no player base in the cerulean order, yet crimson is over populated with high HM characters. but NCsoft moto is replying to EVERY SINGLE issue with ''well its not as easy as it looks''. meanwhile not doing a thing to improve the situation. the lack of statements regarding issues is so damn frustrating. it is becoming clear that they simply dont want to spend any resources while players are still spending on the game. why pay to fix a problem when it isnt conflicting with the cash flow!

Edit: you're dreaming if you think this is ever going to a big esports title if you cant fix anything that matters.

Edited by Khayto