Why is there no love towards Blade Dancers?

Speras

7 hours ago, Zipa said:

All depends on gear, and he also eat a Buff before the start of fight. But why does his "Storm Cleave" and the drawn stance right mouse button stun reset cooldown?

It is true it depends on gear. He has legendary that resets cooldowns. There are other videos of other classes with similar legendary gear and food buff. They are not as fast. Hence I was saying if someone finds a faster one.. let me know :)

On 4/23/2016 at 9:25 PM, Dignity88 said:

It is true it depends on gear. He has legendary that resets cooldowns. There are other videos of other classes with similar legendary gear and food buff. They are not as fast. Hence I was saying if someone finds a faster one.. let me know :)

It's hard to compare on these videos because most of them don't show their gear or how much AP they have. Also no idea what buff he ate. Had to be a good one since it was a legendary buff.

I'm a KFM I can't really say much about BD as far as them lacking dps. I can say in dungeons I prefer a Destro simply because the BD grab moves the target away away so I end up missing attacks at times. I would say I think they just lack party utility compared to the other classes is all.

i like to play BD because they have so much dps, maybe their lack of buffs and tankiness is why is a little bit underrated but as every class in BNS it has its role and thats it to do tons of damage in a few seconds and another thing that i like about them is that they can resist multiple attacks with only one skill and that is pretty important cause the survability that is given...

to end my comment i want to say that every class that has a suppresing skill as the grab with the destroyer or the phantom grip with the BD i think they are pretty strong and i welcome them to my party because within the duration of the suppresion the other team mates can do tons of dmg without punishment and i value this pretty high in parties, and the character who suppress the enemy can still do dmg so... i think they are perfect for pt play, maybe not as summs or FMs but i like having them in pts

11 hours ago, Baal said:

I'm a KFM I can't really say much about BD as far as them lacking dps. I can say in dungeons I prefer a Destro simply because the BD grab moves the target away away so I end up missing attacks at times. I would say I think they just lack party utility compared to the other classes is all.

Then you have teamed up with troll BDs because they simply can keep the boss at same spot during the holding while also inflicting damage on them whereas Destros just stand there clueless while others hit. Also BD can cause double stun which is extremely good in Yeti's heat phase. Also I did Naryu Lab with a Destro who had 600+ AP while I had 490 AP. I stole aggro from this Destro all the time as he couldn't lay many hits on moving mobs.

The lack of DPS comes from the build. Most people go for wind build which might not be the highest DPS build for them so it seems like they lack in damage. If BD can use their skills correctly they can steal aggro even from KFMs with threat build. I have seen that happen many times.

On 4/1/2016 at 8:04 AM, Speras said:

Let's put PVP aside, as I know that BDs are strong in arena and open world, that's not the territory I wish to cover.

They're annoying, aerial combos are annoying, phantom grab is annoying. I get it, please don't remind me, I'm one myself. 

Yet, why is it that late game, we're no longer viewed as good DPS? Nearly all four man dungeons want a summoner, force master, and Kung Fu master for group buffs, yet no one will ever want a blade dancer for DPS...

Are we simply that bad of a character? How do we become more appealing in other people's eyes that we're good DPS late game? Do we need the hongmoon lightning draw skill? I always play a lightning build with flaming scourge... 

Also, what would your thoughts be on reducing Sunder's cost to only 1 focus as opposed to 2? Would that be op as jesus? or would you think it's a healthy buff for blade dancers? 

Best,

Speras. 

I don't get why people wouldn't like blade dancers? They're very helpful especially when they pick up bosses so everyone else can DPS, or when they stun yeti so everyone else can just focus on dpsing. Not to mention they are cufe and fun as hell to see and play. Also, because they can have large dps bursts from lightning draw spam they can steal or hold aggro for a good amount of time. I myself will accept any class in a dungeon run because everyone is useful in their own way, :) 

I think for now you should just stick with lightning build because it's your highest DPS as a BD. Don't worry about buffing the party or playing a role you're not, just help CC and DPS, and your party will love you. My guild is full of Blade Dancers and KFMs and we always do 4 man dungeons np. 

• 4 weeks later...

LBD dps is amazing, no idea why ppl say it's worst.

As a FM with 600 AP, excluding tanks (kfm bm), blade dancer is the only class that takin agro off me, and keep it during the whole fight (WL can take it very few sec on Lucky reset but that's all, and i never seen sin/sum/des takin it)

I say that for about equally geared characters, in 4man dungeon bosses. (sometimes lbd take it even with 20 less ap)

16 minutes ago, Bim404 said:

LBD dps is amazing, no idea why ppl say it's worst.

As a FM with 600 AP, excluding tanks (kfm bm), blade dancer is the only class that takin agro off me, and keep it during the whole fight (WL can take it very few sec on Lucky reset but that's all, and i never seen sin/sum/des takin it)

I say that for about equally geared characters, in 4man dungeon bosses. (sometimes lbd take it even with 20 less ap)

Only with that high ap and probably high crit, cause me with 500ap and my friend with fm 480ap, he always manage to take agro off me.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's kind of silly to throw people out just cause they're class isn't THE BEST it's a game people should just have fun. Unless you are all dying instantly or someones being leeroy jenkins you shouldn't be kicking people like that. It's just rude.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/1/2016 at 8:16 AM, Teffy said:

Your dps is avarage and you don't contribute to the group with anything special and thats the main reason you`re easly replaceable by everything else.

Destro  dps is better,ther grab is better(well not grab but whatever the skill is to hold bosses)

sin dps is better and now have buff for the group

WL is...well WL.

FM is not just one of the top dps but also group protections.

Summoner is better dps and have party protection too.

And so on ... ;)

As far as I know noone invite BD's in Korea for PVE.

Sorry Destroyers are dead last for DPS and that was proven by the implementation of the DPS meter check the KR or Reddit. BD rank around 3rd best.

gain: this list is bs - don't spread it and copy/paste wrong informations.   - Its not wrong information.

1 hour ago, Vade said:

Sorry Destroyers are dead last for DPS and that was proven by the implementation of the DPS meter check the KR or Reddit. BD rank around 3rd best.

gain: this list is bs - don't spread it and copy/paste wrong informations.   - Its not wrong information.

I can confirm this.

I main both destroyer and blade dancer and my blade dancer with lightning build does a lot more dps than my destroyer with earth build.

honestly tho....i dont see any prob or real discrimination in a pt when they alrdy have 1 tank class in the pt (in certain dg) then the other 3 or 5 members can be any class at all.... and some dg that doesnt required tank to pass the mechanic easier...actually any class is fine.

most class discrimination happened from either self claim elitist or the feeling from pvp... and another thing with bd is sometimes they mistakenly do knock up...and the grab that move away the mob

hm lightning draw or not in a bd..i dont think anyone care about it at all really.

On 2016-08-19 at 8:39 AM, frappuccino said:

honestly tho....i dont see any prob or real discrimination in a pt when they alrdy have 1 tank class in the pt (in certain dg) then the other 3 or 5 members can be any class at all.... and some dg that doesnt required tank to pass the mechanic easier...actually any class is fine.

most class discrimination happened from either self claim elitist or the feeling from pvp... and another thing with bd is sometimes they mistakenly do knock up...and the grab that move away the mob

hm lightning draw or not in a bd..i dont think anyone care about it at all really.

If you run lightning build, you won't knock up any enemies, you will however hate anyone who does, because that will take you out of draw stance and lower your dps a considerable amount since you have to mess up your rotation. and will get a big gap where your damage is insignificant for one rotation, do that twice and you have no damage for half a minute... Wind build doesn't use F for anything but rolling thunder, and you only use it when it's ready, and it has priority over take flight, you also stay at a distance where you won't be able to use take flight anyway.

Regarding grab, I have seen no one with half a brain complain about it unless the bd is trolling, and then it's the player's not the class' fault. The grab lowers the enemies defenses (now increase critical) and recover focus for anyone hitting the target. It can be a little tricky for melee classes to find the hitbox sometimes, but you usually learn it after a couple of grabs, it's also a real lifesaver in gloomdross. And now the grab is one of two abilities that cause restrain (the other being grab for destro), which is pretty much a mini-soulburn.

Regarding HM draw, yeah, dps-wise in PVE, it really doesn't do much of a difference.

Archived