Speras

Why is there no love towards Blade Dancers?

Recommended Posts

Speras   

Let's put PVP aside, as I know that BDs are strong in arena and open world, that's not the territory I wish to cover.

They're annoying, aerial combos are annoying, phantom grab is annoying. I get it, please don't remind me, I'm one myself. 

 

Yet, why is it that late game, we're no longer viewed as good DPS? Nearly all four man dungeons want a summoner, force master, and Kung Fu master for group buffs, yet no one will ever want a blade dancer for DPS...

 

Are we simply that bad of a character? How do we become more appealing in other people's eyes that we're good DPS late game? Do we need the hongmoon lightning draw skill? I always play a lightning build with flaming scourge... 

 

Also, what would your thoughts be on reducing Sunder's cost to only 1 focus as opposed to 2? Would that be op as jesus? or would you think it's a healthy buff for blade dancers? 

 

Best,

Speras. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enhance   

In end-game PVE blade dancers don't have as much damage output as other classes, and not as much utility or tankiness (except boss phantom grip on focus recovery mode).

 

Summoners have more damage/heals, FMs have more damage, KFM can tank and do group buffs, sins can now group buff as well, BM can tank, WL does deeps and soulburn, Des can fury and grip. So LBD in pve is basically a destroyer without fury and with less survivability/utility.  It still depends on your gear/knowledge of game mechanics, but I suppose they fall back compared to any other class with equal gear and skill.

At least that's how I see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Teffy   

Your dps is avarage and you don't contribute to the group with anything special and thats the main reason you`re easly replaceable by everything else.

Destro  dps is better,ther grab is better(well not grab but whatever the skill is to hold bosses)

sin dps is better and now have buff for the group

WL is...well WL.

FM is not just one of the top dps but also group protections.

Summoner is better dps and have party protection too.

And so on ... ;)

 

As far as I know noone invite BD's in Korea for PVE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cojultan   

i myself see nothing wrong with bladedancers.  But anyone with a phantom grip or grab can be annoying in open world especially when they deliberately walk a mob people are killing into reset range when its almost dead.  So i dont think its just you as a bladedancer.  Also do bladedancers get that buff thing that other classes do with grabs which cause the mob to receive more damage when phantom gripped?  And to be honest i have no clue why FM are wanted so much other than for survivability with ice sheath same for summoner with sunflower.  But i could be missing something im not sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Speras   

Thank you for your input you guys.

 

So from what I've gathered so far, apparently we're just average DPS late game, unless we go for somewhat utility with phantom grab, that makes them take 25% more damage at max stacks.

 

So with all of that being said, what would you guys think would be a nice buff to blade dancers? Not to make them OP as jesus, or make them roflstomp everyone in arena or open world? Any thoughts on how to make us viable in late game dungeons? It's not nice being rejected from groups due to the nature of my class...

 

I hurt! My hongmoon lightning draw hurts! Give me a chance!
:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faline   

If our dps is so bad as LBD why am I constantly having to turn into an evasive tank because of the aggro I pull with my damage. I think sometimes it's not the class...it's how you play the class to it's potential to maximize your skills and dps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Speras said:

Thank you for your input you guys.

 

So from what I've gathered so far, apparently we're just average DPS late game, unless we go for somewhat utility with phantom grab, that makes them take 25% more damage at max stacks.

 

So with all of that being said, what would you guys think would be a nice buff to blade dancers? Not to make them OP as jesus, or make them roflstomp everyone in arena or open world? Any thoughts on how to make us viable in late game dungeons? It's not nice being rejected from groups due to the nature of my class...

 

I hurt! My hongmoon lightning draw hurts! Give me a chance!
:(

I find this funny considering that most of NA/EU people don't even know how to properly play their class. People get all elitist because of what is going on in Korea, saying BDs are not wanted in PT. I wonder if that's really true, and to what extent. Because if it was really as bad as people say, the devs would have done something to balance it.

 

Personally, I've never had any problems finding a group, nor have I ever heard any complaints about my DPS or had any issues with my damage output.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brainy   

I don't know what you're talking about, all BDs I've seen have awesome damage, unless there's a FM in the party, they have the aggro most of the time.

 

I know you said to put PvP aside, but this "hate" is directly translated to PvE. The way their skills work just make you want to throw yourself out the window when you fight against them. Then you see one in PvE and remember what happened and your blood start boiling again...

 

Well, I might exaggerate a bit, but this is basically how I see it. I don't hate them though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Speras   

I understand. I've pulled aggro from bosses in 6 man and 4 man from before. Even if we do play our class to the fullest (I've seen fantastic LMB-F animation cancel in draw stance, with amazing DPS), and I do try my best to do so at all times. It's just that parties will want so many other classes before looking at Lyn Blade Master. 

 

If it's something I can suggest as a buff, perhaps it would be an interaction with our fissure and our lightning draw hongmoon skill? (The one that leaves electric AOE on the ground? Perhaps the lightning... I don't know, energizes the earth and does increased DOT to the mob? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Shinsetsu said:

I find this funny considering that most of NA/EU people don't even know how to properly play their class. People get all elitist because of what is going on in Korea, saying BDs are not wanted in PT. I wonder if that's really true, and to what extent. Because if it was really as bad as people say, the devs would have done something to balance it.

 

Personally, I've never had any problems finding a group, nor have I ever heard any complaints about my DPS or had any issues with my damage output.

I don't know about BD. I'm playing as a BM and got kicked several times in 4-man Labyrinth and Lair because they always said FM SM WL only. Also someone said "we don't need BM cuz BM has no damage." 

9 minutes ago, Brainy said:

I don't know what you're talking about, all BDs I've seen have awesome damage, unless there's a FM in the party, they have the aggro most of the time.

 

I know you said to put PvP aside, but this "hate" is directly translated to PvE. The way their skills work just make you want to throw yourself out the window when you fight against them. Then you see one in PvE and remember what happened and your blood start boiling again...

 

Well, I might exaggerate a bit, but this is basically how I see it. I don't hate them though.

I don't hate BD since I never play PvP. But BD's grab is annoying which makes melee classes hard to land hits. Especially a destroyer in team is attempting to grab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people prefer certain classes in their party and that's fine. They usually put that in their recruit message and I just don't apply to those. If I can't find a PT in a reasonable amount of time, I just make my own and recruit.

 

My opinion is, if people are kicking you from party (and this goes for any class) just because of the class you are playing, those people are elitist assholes and I don't want to join with them anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brainy   

@AmberVici

I agree, their grab is kinda iffy, you have to hit the BD itself even if the boss they grabbed is further away. If you try to grab a mob at the same time, one of you will fail and have the skill put on cooldown, which is sad :/ This is an issue with skills, not necessarily BD related.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zelaz   

Reality about perfect four man party:

 

- You want a KFM for tank because is a better tank and has a nice group buff.

 

- You want a warlock because SB.

 

 - You want a destroyer because his CC, grab and fury burst, or Sin because is the best DPS with nice group buff or a FM because is the second best DPS (but most of the time will be first due mechanics) and bring nice utility.

 

- You want a summoner because his damage and utility.

 

BD, BM (and Qi Master) just don't have a real place if you are all about min max... and it's sucks.

 

 

Edited by Zelaz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brainy   

I'm not sure about that, a guild mate who's BD said I grabbed his mob from him and lost the cd (I'm destro). He has high ping though.

 

Anyway, BDs are fine, I didn't hear of anyone not wanting them in a party. Yeah, they are annoying if they pick up mobs and run away, but destros can do that, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shinsetsu said:

Some people prefer certain classes in their party and that's fine. They usually put that in their recruit message and I just don't apply to those. If I can't find a PT in a reasonable amount of time, I just make my own and recruit.

 

My opinion is, if people are kicking you from party (and this goes for any class) just because of the class you are playing, those people are elitist assholes and I don't want to join with them anyway.

Yeah I know what you are talking about. But the damage gap which those elitism ppl describes really makes me a little bit sad. As you know, I'm playing as a BM, and this class is considered as a tank by many players. It's sure that a tank deserves to have lower damage. However these elitism players who are playing ranged classes really doesn't need a tank since they can kite the boss and do much more damage. IMO BD players should not worry about LFP, at least BM got an even worse situation. :-(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AmberVici said:

Yeah I know what you are talking about. But the damage gap which those elitism ppl describes really makes me a little bit sad. As you know, I'm playing as a BM, and this class is considered as a tank by many players. It's sure that a tank deserves to have lower damage. However these elitism players who are playing ranged classes really doesn't need a tank since they can kite the boss and do much more damage. IMO BD players should not worry about LFP, at least BM got an even worse situation. :-(

I have never seen anything about people not wanted BM...I don't think anyone has anything to worry about. People getting their panties in a knot because of what is going on in a game region several thousand miles away....makes me sick man...how about we focus on our region and make our community one that works together and does well, instead of being elitist assholes who only think about min/max.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zelaz   

This is coming from our region, BM is inferior to KFM as a tank and both classes are tanks not DPS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aisuruu   

I love BD's. As someone who has been the main tank quite a few times, I don't see an issue... It's interesting and fun to play an evasive tank.

 

If anything, I'm not sure what to think of KFM's because I've found them to be useless outside of their buff which Sins give, so I see no reason to bring those.

 

BM's are fine, more of a true tank.

 

BD's on the damage spectrum don't reach ranged classes, but I put them up on the list of melee classes.

 

As for their grab, just don't move whatsoever or grab at a bad angle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Teffy   

What do we do without BD in first boss yeti? We just blown it up there,although the game is bugged and sometimes(often)you lose it from target.

What do we do in the last one? We just blown it up.I'm FM my friends which usually I play with are Destro and Summoner.I tank the whole fight.I CC the boss.I protect the group from all aoes(except that at 49% or lower- the 3rd grab).I protect the group from all 8 circles and I do shittons of dmg.

Can BD do this?

We said korea for reason.Once we get Sunken Ship,Underground Prison,Forgotten Tomb,etc you would see why in korea noone take BD.

Imagine 8 min enrage timer and 20 mil hp boss,or 50 mil hp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zipa   
3 hours ago, Dignity88 said:

 

 

If you can find a class that does that faster let me know =)

All depends on gear, and he also eat a Buff before the start of fight. But why does his "Storm Cleave" and the drawn stance right mouse button stun reset cooldown?

 

Edited by Zipa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zipa   

Equal gear BD can out DPS FM easily, if you know how to play the rotation. But most bosses does melee range AOE, etc, so range DPS is more consistent.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm I had chance to play with a BD friend in 4man dungeons and I have to say it was pretty fun. Dmg wasn't lacking, we grabbed (I play as destro) when cds were off so that was cool (boss was pretty much grabbed as much as possible). I gotta say I'd go in dungeons with them 10/10 times hah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now