Tier list of pve classes?

Tekare

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically what Shingou said. Ranged classes have an easier time to DPS and support entire parties on occasion (FM, Summoner, Warlock), while melees help with more CC options (definitely Destroyer's thing, dunno about other melees), as well as some tanking capabilites to keep tougher enemies off others' backs (KFM and BM).

Assassins can help with the DPS via permastealth, but that strategy gets gimped in later content by supposedly having enemies that can see through stealth, so they'll have to respec at some point. BDs? Dunno... they help by also having a grab like Destroyer? I honestly don't know much about them. :p

Warlock(simple burst, good buff, rarely enough sustained dps to hold threat)
Summoner(good sustained dps, self and party heals beyond any other class, pet to taunt if they pull threat)

Don't pick FM since FM is basically the tank right now, you'll be expected to tank the boss in 1 spot the same way a melee would so you have to kite in circles, miss an inframe and you take massive damage, no block like melee classes. Don't hold hope that the snore dps melee classes will be kind enough to CC the boss because they rarely do, it'll be on you to carry them.

Ok from my experience as an assassin with 540 AP (playing with non-stealth build) and 20 4man yeti runs, over 60 4man lair runs and over 10 4man awakened necropolis runs it looks like the following:

4man Yeti best setup:

KFM 

FM 

SIN 

Summoner/Destroyer or another FM 

Extremely high dps, enough cc's (grab is a nice to have but absolutely not necessary) and with a good tank the boss won't move a tiny bit (except for the random walk back shit). 

Warlocks seem so absolutely bad to have at yeti and they just all die away after 40% or they just all play like shit srsly. 

4man lair:

FM

FM

Warlock

SIN

Best dps group hands down. 2 buffs (which can even be combined), insane dps potential and because you don't need a tank or cc's the best setup in this instance. 

4man awakened necropolis:

You also don't need a tank in there so either go for the same setup like above or change 1 FM for a summoner to taunt/pin down. 

Destroyers in this patch are absolutely waste of space in my opinion. 

Even though I do like a grabbed boss and everything you still won't make more damage as if 4 ppl are attacking the boss. 

Also you actually don't need any cc's except for yeti and a sin+kfm KD combo is more than enough. 

BDs are useless in any case. 

BMs can be used instead of a KFM but I prefer KFM tanks over BM's because I've yet not seen a BM who can handles the aggro as good as a KFM. 

Also i don't like warlocks actually. 

Their buff is a masterpiece hands down.

But their DPS seems to be rather weak and they often just die away pretty fast (maybe because the majority of WLs are bad players and they are all like hurr durr take me in my party because i have a buff lul). 

Anyway this setups are the best ones for me IF everyone knows how to play their classes correctly (and majority of the playerbase don't know how to - especially assassins, destroyers, summoners and warlocks). 

37 minutes ago, Shiune said:

Warlocks seem so absolutely bad to have at yeti and they just all die away after 40% or they just all play like shit srsly. 

You never had 1 good summoner at yeti. After 30% he can evade 5 hits from missed frozen pools and then save the whole party with seed shroud. So the only this the party should do is to take 3 out of 8 frozen pools and any good summoner will do the rest. This class is so OP in any party. Tier 2 dps (after Fm), cricketloads of i-frames and self+party heal. Musthave in any 4-man party.

Best const-party imo:

fm+smn+wl+kfm. Fm can be switched with another smn. Good kfm will tank everything for you + party buff, wl will also buff you, smn + fm for easy dps + party save.

5 minutes ago, VirtuoZzzo said:

You never had 1 good summoner at yeti. After 30% he can evade 5 hits from missed frozen pools and then save the whole party with seed shroud. So the only this the party should do is to take 3 out of 8 frozen pools and any good summoner will do the rest. This class is so OP in any party. Tier 2 dps (after Fm), cricketloads of i-frames and self+party heal. Musthave in any 4-man party.

Best const-party imo:

fm+smn+wl+kfm. Fm can be switched with another smn. Good kfm will tank everything for you + party buff, wl will also buff you, smn + fm for easy dps + party save.

Why are you quoting with summoner when i was writing about warlocks. 

Also it's absolutely bullshit that a summoner outdps an assassin - never ever. 

And no they are absolutely not needed in the current content - they are indeed very useful in some upcoming 50 contents but right now it's a class which is absolutely not needed but optional. 

3 minutes ago, Shiune said:

You said WL is bad cuz he will die after 40%. He will not if you have summoner in a party. And wl buff is absolutely awesome.

About dps sin vs summoner I'd still say summoner can deal much much more. As a melee char you have to i-frame alot, which doesn't allow you to deal contant dps. Summoner can just chill 15 meters away from the boss spamming dots and sunflower with 10k+ crits twice per second.

So a WL have to rely on another class to not to die or use soulburn to reset it's iframe CDs? Get carried WL.

We are talking about the current content and in all 3 heroic dungeons I can freely dps and there is literally no chance that a summoner outdps me there. 

I don't have to dodge a single hit except if yeti got knocked downed or jumps at the tank (this costs me around 1 second of dps). 

Srsly there is no chance any summoner with the same gear outdpses me this patch and once I get all my HM skills (especially V HM skill which boosts my MAIN dmg skill by 100%)  there is not even a chance for a FM to outdps a good sin. 

SIN isn't called best single dps class without a reason on the Asian servers (it wasn't for a short period of time but it is again since the January patch)  - the real problem here is most sins are just plain bad in playing their class. 

In a good group you firstly need good players which know how to play their class and what they are capable to do/contribute and not some casual shits which knows nothing about the game as this guy above me. 

2 hours ago, Shiune said:

Also it's absolutely bullshit that a summoner outdps an assassin - never ever. 

Oh my sweet summer child...

They might not outdps sin now, but later on sins will be shit on by summoners

3 minutes ago, Rynzor said:

Oh my sweet summer child...

They might not outdps sin now, but later on sins will be shit on by summoners

And you sir are living in the past. 

Ever checked the January skill patch and the massive boost of SINs DPS? No? Thought so. 

With all HM skills and (like i said especially V) it is simply impossible for a summoner to compete with sins.  

It is indeed true that summoner and FM were the 2 top tier dps classes from i think December - January (the patch which boosted FMs and summoners took SIN from place 1 ). 

I am talking about this one:

http://www.freedomplays.com/blade-soul-kr-dec-update-force-master-summoner-warlock/2/

But this one boosted assassin so damn much that summoners simply can't outdps a sin with all HM skills. 

http://www.freedomplays.com/blade-soul-update-infinity-tower-assassin-kungfu-master/

10 hours ago, HailNKill said:

summoner
Fm
WL
 all easy mode pew pew,you can even be a potato and easily grind through PVE.

For melee KFM and BM i think.

9 hours ago, Shingou said:

Ranged > Melee in PvE 

Yet you need a tank (KFM or BM preferably (could be Destroyer too)) so those ranged classes can use their full potential.

Does no one realize Sins have KFM buff now, coupled with very high DPS and evasion tank role?

No - i'm completely against the evasion tank shit. 

You either take a real tank (KFM/BM) for an instance if you need one or the guy with the highest dps keeps the aggro (like in lair for example where a tank is not needed). 

And at random number guy:

People which are dieing constantly are simply bad players. period. 

This had nothing to do with dps. 

I don't think i'm some sort of a king but I do indeed think that I have a good idea about how to play sin correctly other than 80% of all other sin players sadly yes. 

Then again I was playing this game for a long time on TW and read a shitton of guides etc. about how to play correctly. 

It's the small things which makes a difference from good/hardcore to casual players (take your time to read guides, make spar matches, practice combos etc. etc.). 

Well all I can say about Assassin is that I only like them to have to skip mobs. That's all. Honestly I never seen an Assassin dealing really high dps without dying. They all just... die. In that case you rather take ranged classes because you know that those Assassins will die anyway.

Yeah that's the point. 

People dislike assassins because the majority plays like crippled people and die away as if they were Kenny from southpark. 

I mean i do have admit though that assassin is seriously difficult to play and even more difficult to master (it's in me opinion the hardest class to play) but it's potential is enormous and it's one of the best contributions to a party setup you can have IF he knows how to play!

You can invite me anytime to join your party to show what assassins are capable to do if you want to be proven otherwise. 

1 hour ago, Shiune said:

And you sir are living in the past. 

Ever checked the January skill patch and the massive boost of SINs DPS? No? Thought so. 

With all HM skills and (like i said especially V) it is simply impossible for a summoner to compete with sins.  

It is indeed true that summoner and FM were the 2 top tier dps classes from i think December - January (the patch which boosted FMs and summoners took SIN from place 1 ). 

I am talking about this one:

http://www.freedomplays.com/blade-soul-kr-dec-update-force-master-summoner-warlock/2/

But this one boosted assassin so damn much that summoners simply can't outdps a sin with all HM skills. 

http://www.freedomplays.com/blade-soul-update-infinity-tower-assassin-kungfu-master/

I do not see your point. I see all classes improved a bit on higher tiers. You have to spend more points on trees if you want the same results. But you forgot to mention in KR they can more points to spend. :) And I bet, they have all the Hongmoon Secret skills opened. :) Anyway I do not see Summoners would be so op in dps compared to FMs, Sins, or Warlocks. Summoners have a lot of skills to control the fights and a decent amount of dps to kill everything easily. For me this is more than enough, and if it does not change seriously in the future, I will still stick with this class, because it is so much joy to play and never get bored with it. Other than that, this is the only one healer class in the game, and as usual it is not worth to mess up with the healer class in any other mmo. Anyway, healers will be always op. :D

Srsly if you can't do smth else than throwing in some nonsense and if you think those 2 classes are so much superior I dare you to join me for a 2man 4-man Lair of the frozen fang run. 

Whoever has more aggro and doesn't die wins - deal? 

Archived