Permanent Ban after account being stolen

ExNJ

11 hours ago, SpyderBite said:

Account Compromised:

1. Girlfriend/Wife/Boyfriend/Sibling/Friend/Guildmate who you shared your login info with.

2. Email account accessed via crappy/weak password or again; shared with one of the above

Don't share your email account. Don't share your game accounts. Don't use weak passwords. Don't use the same email for forums, games, banks, etc. Use different passwords for different websites, programs, etc.

In other words.. The best prevention technique is Use Common Sense.

What in the world makes you think I did that? I NEVER share login info on ANYTHING. and believe me when I say my email account password wasn't weak. My passwords usually have over 20 symbols, including caps and numbers.

Basically your argument for this specific scenario is invalid.

2 hours ago, Immortal Technique said:

This is exactly why I no longer spend any money on this game. No other genuine mmo like ESO, WoW etc. would treat their customers like this. 

Not even Nexon I swear.

Noticed in my first post I used variety. Spoke from a neutral standpoint, using hypotheticals. I didnt say he was using or didnt use 3rd party bns sellers or did/didnt do any shady "purchases". Either way you slice it his credit card info wouldn't have been compromised had he used paypal for whatever online purchase. Saying he's in the wrong or right for getting banned doesn't make you look any more smarter than a garden hose.

OP you have to shut that card down(if u did not by now) and get a brand new one if need be.

If you want Ncoin there are plenty other places to get it that are 100% safer than NC themselves and they all take PayPal and its instant, you receive a code to redeem on your NC account page.

Amazon, OffGammers, G2A and many more

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=ncoin&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=81893127064&hvpos=1t2&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10029945233094993596&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_derk68gdp_b

https://www.offgamers.com/game-card/game-point/ncsoft-ncoins

personally as mentioned above, hackers, bots, gold sellers dont have any problems by passing NC's security, so do you really think it is safe to give them your CC details ?

4 minutes ago, Elvenmad said:

https://www.offgamers.com/game-card/game-point/ncsoft-ncoins

personally as mentioned above, hackers, bots, gold sellers dont have any problems by passing NC's security, so do you really think it is safe to give them your CC details ?

One up. Wasn't aware of this as Bns is my first NCSoft game. There are nCoin units on this site that aren't ingame or elsewhere, not to mention the 10 dollars off the 8k ncoin. Cool beans.

The point was he had is Credit Card details held on his NC account, and there is no reason at all to do that,  you don't need to give your credit card details to any decent online game company or publisher ever and as many others have mentioned doing this is probably the worst thing you could ever do.

You do also realise even though his account is locked, banned whatever, they STILL have his CC details and he now can not remove them.

4 minutes ago, Elvenmad said:

The point was he had is Credit Card details held on his NC account, and there is no reason at all to do that,  you don't need to give your credit card details to any decent online game company or publisher ever and as many others have mentioned doing this is probably the worst thing you could ever do.

You do also realise even though his account is locked, banned whatever, they STILL have his CC details and he now can not remove them.

He's worried about his account getting restored. He's a big boy and can get a new secure credit card number no problem from his bank. Stop playing I told you so Daddy when it's besides the point. His requests for help from a game he's invested in were ignored, for *cricket*s sake he only asked for access to his account, and even worse - he was automatically perma-banned. No system of any kind to filter these kind of atrocities from happening to victims, not criminals. Please read original post and get back to the topic at hand.

• NCSOFT

Hi Everyone,

This is a reminder that personal attacks have no place on the forums. If you are unable to discuss this topic without resorting to insults this thread will be locked and disciplinary action will be taken where appropriate.

If you feel that another forum user is being abusive towards others, please report the relevant posts and the moderation team will take appropriate action.

Thanks for your cooperation,

Team Blade & Soul

16 minutes ago, lilleax said:

He's worried about his account getting restored. He's a big boy and can get a new secure credit card number no problem from his bank. Stop playing I told you so Daddy when it's besides the point. His requests for help from a game he's invested in were ignored, for *cricket*s sake he only asked for access to his account, and even worse - he was automatically perma-banned. No system of any kind to filter these kind of atrocities from happening to victims, not criminals. Please read original post and get back to the topic at hand.

Doing any form of charge back for a monetary purchase against any gaming company will result in account termination, that is and always has been pretty standard policy, By doing a charge back, you yourself are flagged as a 'Hight risk'  to the company whether your fault or not.

The point I was making is the fault here is due to having the Credit card details stored and linked to the games account, so IF either one of them is in anyway compromised there 'could' be an issue. What I posted was to show there is no need at all to do this, you can buy anything you want from the company and never have your payment options put in any compromising position.

i have a plan 

gonna change my vpn login game buy ncoin sell for gold gonna sell those golds to gold buyers will play 2-3 days with this vpn change my vpn to back original chargeback my money which used to buy ncoin then pretend to be hacked try to cry over support 

isnt is a nice plan?

7 hours ago, DangDang said:

i have a plan 

gonna change my vpn login game buy ncoin sell for gold gonna sell those golds to gold buyers will play 2-3 days with this vpn change my vpn to back original chargeback my money which used to buy ncoin then pretend to be hacked try to cry over support 

isnt is a nice plan?

Don't be fooled by these threads.

People aren't being brute force hacked.

You know what a good thing in this is that it gives a good laugh.

Like I still don't believe that there is people in this very year (considering everything that happened starting from 20 years ago, up to date) who buy something in a game.

Like you people completely miss the point of playing an mmorpg. No matter what you do, *YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE TO GRIND FOR ANYTHING*, and that's why you don't buy

anything with real money, but use that money for something better.

Especially when it comes to half-assed company like NCSoft is.

OP I hope you learned your lesson son, and next time when u want to buy something somewhere, first consider at least the safety of your accounts, and yes use pay wall.

I personally use BitDefender and would recommend it to everyone.

Once set you don't have to click it ever again.

Yet on point, I will probably never understand people that take games seriously to point where they spent their hard (or not that hard at all) earned money on things such as games are. I mean your money would be better spent literally anywhere that give same amount of fun (and I don't think that mmorpgs r most of time considered as second jobs

so.... simple not fun).

But .... w/e.

Archived