What happend to me

tehgeek

So im going to tell you guys now what has happend to me in BnS. I got Perma banned yesterday for RMT Selling according to Ncsoft.

After thinking abit i found out what i most likly though the reason was for the banned and that was this message i wrote ONE time in faction chat.

"(emote) www.*cricket*yougolddiggers.com(emote)tired of the gold prices?(emote)then come to us(emote)"

This message was a stupid joke i though at the time would be fun. i was clearly wrong.

After writing a ticket to the support, they told me that the message was against their codes of conduct and that the perma banned it was given is going to stay. They linked me the place where they have written their codes of conduct and told me to look at that. So i did (http://us.ncsoft.com/en/legal/user-agreements/blade-and-soul-rules-of-conduct.php)

The codes of conduct about they have on RMT selling is the following:

1. YOU MAY NOT ADVERTISE THE INTENT TO OR COMMIT THE ACT OF BUYING, SELLING, TRADING, SHARING, OR TRANSFERRING ACCESS TO ANY BLADE & SOUL ACCOUNT.
  2. YOU MAY NOT ADVERTISE THE INTENT TO OR COMMIT THE ACT OF BUYING OR SELLING ITEMS FOR CASH OR TRADING ITEMS FROM ONE SERVER TO ANOTHER.
  3. YOU MAY NOT ARRANGE FOR THE EXCHANGE OR TRANSFER OF ANY PIRATED OR ILLEGAL SOFTWARE WHILE USING THE BLADE & SOUL GAME OR WEBSITE.

So lets go through my message again and look why i dont think its against these codes of conduct and why its not any kind of RMT act

1 the whole message is a joke clearly and if you look at the message you will see that its not for gold selling.

2 the link leades to nowhere, there is no site of that name.

3 the part "tired of the gold prices?" does not have to mean this message is intending to sell gold. There is a way to buy gold ingame for ncoins which is by the rules according to ncsoft.

4 the last part "then come to us" does not have to mean that you can come to the website to pay for gold to have it easy. it could mean you can come to get help with guides on how to farm diffrent stuff to make gold ingame.

5. this message could clearly be interpreted in many was so if you dont read the whole message it could be considered a RMT message but if you read it you will se that its not and that it could also mean other things to.

and now to exampels to messages that could get you banned that are not RMT selling but people ingame would insta block you cause its a habit for people atm so is it for me.

(exampel)

"(emote)www.youtube.com(emote)are you sick of not having enough gold for stuff(emote) then look up a guide and get better(emote)"

this message according to what happend to me is also against their codes of conduct and it will get you banned for RMT selling. Even tho its not RMT selling like my message it will lead to people reporting you and you will get banned.

Feel free to respond to this since the support didnt want to respond.

Well i guess it was kind of stupid of you to write this, while others are even afraid to trigger their automated system with trading huge amounts of gold to players (buying hm skill for example). 

BUT i'm on your side with this. While it's stupid to write something that can trigger their systems so likely and thus makes it possible or even likely for you to get banned, you should be unbanned imo. If ncsoft wants to keep you banned for this, i'd lose a bit of hope in them. 

But i also dont think that they will not unban you. What i read from your message is that you only just contacted the support and that they did not answer yet (or gave automated answer) which means that your ticket was not yet seen by a real person. This can take some time, be patient. It's your own fault for lightly triggering their systems after all.

I'd like to hear if this is solved in the future or not. Tell us what the support say to your case.

8 minutes ago, Can Oa said:

If you wrote this in the chat, you deserve ban.

this game is Business for millions  dont try joke whit that

/end story

You can joke with everything, as long as you are ready to bear the consequences.

However, what I wonder is, do accouts get banned all the time, or this was just some random swipe? I mean - I have stopped looking in All chat, because it is useless, since it is completely filled with similar messages.

And anyway, was this an attempt to recruit people for a guild, or what?

Looking at the message - I do not think this deserves a perma ban. Ban - yes, sure - especially if accounts are auto-banned by a mashine, but I would expect a HUMAN to know better what is joke and what not.

15 minutes ago, tehgeek said:

So im going to tell you guys now what has happend to me in BnS. I got Perma banned yesterday for RMT Selling according to Ncsoft.

After thinking abit i found out what i most likly though the reason was for the banned and that was this message i wrote ONE time in faction chat.

"(emote) www.*cricket*yougolddiggers.com(emote)tired of the gold prices?(emote)then come to us(emote)"

This message was a stupid joke i though at the time would be fun. i was clearly wrong.

After writing a ticket to the support, they told me that the message was against their codes of conduct and that the perma banned it was given is going to stay. They linked me the place where they have written their codes of conduct and told me to look at that. So i did (http://us.ncsoft.com/en/legal/user-agreements/blade-and-soul-rules-of-conduct.php)

The codes of conduct about they have on RMT selling is the following:

1. YOU MAY NOT ADVERTISE THE INTENT TO OR COMMIT THE ACT OF BUYING, SELLING, TRADING, SHARING, OR TRANSFERRING ACCESS TO ANY BLADE & SOUL ACCOUNT.
  2. YOU MAY NOT ADVERTISE THE INTENT TO OR COMMIT THE ACT OF BUYING OR SELLING ITEMS FOR CASH OR TRADING ITEMS FROM ONE SERVER TO ANOTHER.
  3. YOU MAY NOT ARRANGE FOR THE EXCHANGE OR TRANSFER OF ANY PIRATED OR ILLEGAL SOFTWARE WHILE USING THE BLADE & SOUL GAME OR WEBSITE.

So lets go through my message again and look why i dont think its against these codes of conduct and why its not any kind of RMT act

1 the whole message is a joke clearly and if you look at the message you will see that its not for gold selling.

2 the link leades to nowhere, there is no site of that name.

3 the part "tired of the gold prices?" does not have to mean this message is intending to sell gold. There is a way to buy gold ingame for ncoins which is by the rules according to ncsoft.

4 the last part "then come to us" does not have to mean that you can come to the website to pay for gold to have it easy. it could mean you can come to get help with guides on how to farm diffrent stuff to make gold ingame.

5. this message could clearly be interpreted in many was so if you dont read the whole message it could be considered a RMT message but if you read it you will se that its not and that it could also mean other things to.

and now to exampels to messages that could get you banned that are not RMT selling but people ingame would insta block you cause its a habit for people atm so is it for me.

(exampel)

"(emote)www.youtube.com(emote)are you sick of not having enough gold for stuff(emote) then look up a guide and get better(emote)"

this message according to what happend to me is also against their codes of conduct and it will get you banned for RMT selling. Even tho its not RMT selling like my message it will lead to people reporting you and you will get banned.

Feel free to respond to this since the support didnt want to respond.

Ok lets get something straight here you broke the rules it does not matter what ever its joke or not.

Now ill tell you one short story. I didt exactly same thing as you did well not exactly same i inserted joke bot site to my ingame message but it was in other game i was also banned from there but i only received week worth of ban but this is not even rare happening.

So yeah for joke perm bans are kind of insane but still you broke rules even if it was joke so enjoy

So the respond i got from the support (before i realiesed what it was i did) was this

Offense: Real Money Trading
Penalty: Account Closure

We have reviewed the above action and found it and the associated penalty to be consistent with our policies. We ask that you review our terms and rules of conduct, which are available here: http://us.ncsoft.com/en/legal/user-agreements/. This action against the account will not be removed and the penalty will stand. 

Regards,

Jaysee
NCSOFT Support Team

and then there was no respond after that

Joking or not. They don't know if you are then lying when you are saying it was joke. If you could get unbanned by just saying "it was a joke" how many people would be going on around doing it? If they make that exception once they have to do it twice and that would be even worse when also those real real money traders would get on with it.

Are you people crazy? He just made a joke. He doesn't deserve a ban for a joke.
That was not a real link to anything. HE DIDN'T BREAK THE RULES. There's no rule about joking with fake sites urls. He didn't advertise anything.

Contact support again, they probably banned you by mistake with an automated process, explain them the situation (and hope to find a GM who actually reads the message instead of just copypasting default answers).

just to summ some things up from the comments and whats seems to be unclear

1 i dont think i broke the codes of conduct since its nothing to do with RMT

2 i do think this was something rly stupid

3 i do not think the punishment i got was right for what i did. a perma ban for a joke that ddnt even break any code of conduct

4 i do think i do deserve some kind of punishment. a simple 1 week ban with a warning i would have been ok with 

5 the thing about gold spammers in faction chat if you didnt know they dont level to 50 and start spamming cause they will just get blocked instantly so they only level to 11

and since they only level to 11 if their accounts gets perma banned they only make a new one and level to 11 to spam again. so they wouldnt bother with making a ticket.

6 i made a ticket first asking why i got banned and after their respond they made just saying the account is banned and it wont change i made a repsond to that and that has yet to be anwsered and i dont think its going to be.

This reminds me of the people who do shit and then say "It was just a prank !".

Sure, your case is nowhere near bad, but if they let everyone off who troll the chat with messages similar to gold sellers, then imagine the work they have to do to un-ban everyone doing it... I think they don't take people lightly who mess with their auto-banning system.

I suggest sending them another message, but be nice and apologize, don't try to explain that you are innocent and you demand your rights or whatever, Tell them it was a one time mistake, you learned your lesson, bla bla bla. If you get someone from support not fed up with people's complaints (pretty impossible), you might have a chance to be un-banned. And this is assuming you didn't break any other rule.

To the OP,

If that was the entirety of the message you typed in game, then you didn't break the rules.  You're obviously being sarcastic and the fact you got a permanent ban is laziness on NCSOFT'S part.  Anyone reading that message can see that you're not trying to sell gold.  Also, NCSOFT'S 'code of conduct' also doesn't think you should be perma banned, because the key word in there is INTENT.  You never intended to sell gold.  There was no active link to a gold-selling site.  If even two seconds of research was done by the NCSOFT team, they'd find that there's no substance behind what you said in game.  No intent.  No breaking of their policy.

If that's really all you did, then NCSOFT is lazy and in the wrong.  If they don't fix it, then they are just another corrupt company who doesn't really care about its players (like Riot games).  I don't even think that what you did was a "stupid" thing to do.  I would never consider the possibility of getting banned for that, because it's so ridiculous to think so, when there's no evidence of any gold-selling or buying going on with my account.  This is a slippery slope where anything you say can be interpreted any way by NCSOFT.  In cases like this, the player should be given the benefit of the doubt when there's no hard evidence to back up a RMT.  Practices like this (a seeming lack of concern for individual players), is what caused me to leave League of Legends.  I was really hoping this company was different.

I feel your pain althout i can see where the problem started. Your message looked EXACTLY like a goldseller spam and i myself usualy don't read them just instantly sending the "block spammer" message if i see a link (look-a-like) in chat. I'm sure a lot of player acts the same, so you triggered enough player with that message to send the spam report, and NCSoft reacted. I think this is somewhat similar to pretending to be a GM ingame, that results in perma ban as well (most of the cases) no matter if it was a joke or serious.

This is very unfortunate. I once thought about joking like that too, but you definitely have to be careful because the justice system on this game is brutal. I got banned for trading gold to my alt, and had to appeal to get unbanned after 2 days. 

Those commenting saying you deserved this are just typical sociopaths, ignore them.

Keep appealing, email support and explain yourself properly as much as you can....

really guys saying this guy got deserved ban?

How this"

" is banabble? 

Where he is advertising selling gold? For me is just website which with that phrase I don't know if is selling gold or giving tips to get gold. So he is not clearly advertising is selling gold. I could joke too and create website with suspicious name and have all legit, not selling illegal gold, only legit ways to obtain even with ncoin prepaid-cards. Because you actually can buy gold with prepaid cards in the game.

People already died because of someone else just made a "joke" most of the time children.
(Even though this has nothing to do with the current case but still just to make one thing clear)

Everything, every action creates a reaction. your Action was to make a "joke" with a link to a non existing website that could clearly be a goldseller website. The system does not differenciate this neither would i as support member. (if i were one). You have to bear with the consequenzes that come with your joke. Jokes can be fun but also can go extremely wrong (like my entry sentence), yours... well went into the shit happens way of "joke went wrong".

But at the end it all comes down to: Stupid people do stupid things even if they should know it all better.

the only thing ive done that can be related to RMT selling is that message i sent in faction chat. wether you belive me or not is other thing and im not rly here to argue with people that think i deserve the perma ban or people that disagree with me. im only here to tell what happen

Ok, so it was a joke, but a stupid one at that.

To me it does not deserve a perm ban, this should have been a slap on the wrist no more.

Tbh I would be really angry at the fact they can ban a real player in chat, but cant ban all the ruddy gold sellers!!.

I would also like to know why ncsoft cannot sue these people, as they advertise there goldselling sights, and are using bots to get the gold.

This goes against there copyright act, as most games like this state," you wont change the game in anyway", or words to that effect, but there doing that, and interfering with other genuine players in the game, and that to me is a nono.

5 hours ago, tehgeek said:

u do nothing stupid .
they just dont give u free on speech .
which actually is a international law .
if u really want ur acc back , i think u must speak with a lawyer of some kind .

i know for a people which sued ncsoft and win . mostly becouse nc make whatever they want .

http://us.ncsoft.com/en/contact-us/

not to mention the monopoly laws . which they do not obey . for the gold selling a special .

Archived