10th class hints...

EdwinLi

So let talk something about the future. It is old news but....

during a interview with B&S developers there was one question about the next class after Soul Fighter being the 10th class.

It was a simple question and we are given 2 hints about what the 10th class released sometime in late 2016 or early 2017 will be...

http://mmoculture.com/2015/11/blade-...-annual-event/

Q: Any information regarding a new class beyond the Qi Master?
A: Qi Master will arrive this winter, and there will be a new class next year as well. It will not be a hybrid, and has yet to appear in the game before. All I can say is, it is a class which has been highly-anticipated for some time.

Notice the 2 hints being "it will not be a hybrid" and "has been highly-anticipated for some time."

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gunner at long last? seems logical are already gunners in game, a school for it, and Soha is a hongmoon student unless the translation is off... that would fit the bill in all acounts. Also been data mines that said was data for the gunner class for ages... so are they gonna finally finish it? who knows... but what i really want?

Spear Class....

9 minutes ago, Xeleon said:

Gunner?  -.- hell no... No thanks!  All i want is archer with bow and arrows not a freaken gunner with megazine... 

only suggesting the gunner because its already an established class in game, Soha, the gunner school in silverfrost mountains... and the files that were data mined...and the hint. All seems to point in that direction. PERSONALLY i'd like to see a Spear Wielding class added... but i suspect we'll get a gunslinger evidence just points there. 

May I point out it is UNLIKELY gunner as ,

and has yet to appear in the game before

seems to be in this article.  So id assume  that by "has yet to appear in game" Could very well be NO NPC has the class, etc.. but that also would exclude archer as lycandi people have bows... hmmm the way it was written.. kinda opens a few doors.

2 hours ago, Xeleon said:

Gunner?  -.- hell no... No thanks!  All i want is archer with bow and arrows not a freaken gunner with megazine... 

You are in the minority with this opinion sadly. Guns are simply way cooler on a mainstream scale. its really difficult to make archery look cool & edgy. I wouldnt mind a bow class though, but with the old school fantasy setting you cant really do much with bows. Yeah you could do "elements" or something but i feel like it would just feel like  a cop out fm.

Gunner has been anticipated forever and there is already lore to support it. A bow class.. Maybe if this game was sci fi lol

7 minutes ago, Negaimu said:

You are in the minority with this opinion sadly. Guns are simply way cooler on a mainstream scale. its really difficult to make archery look cool & edgy. I wouldnt mind a bow class though, but with the old school fantasy setting you cant really do much with bows. Yeah you could do "elements" or something but i feel like it would just feel like  a cop out fm.

Gunner has been anticipated forever and there is already lore to support it. A bow class.. Maybe if this game was sci fi lol

I played as archer in tera a few years ago.. had a blast. Just add more flashy shit and archer would fit right into b&s

2 hours ago, Kitzu said:

May I point out it is UNLIKELY gunner as ,

seems to be in this article.  So id assume  that by "has yet to appear in game" Could very well be NO NPC has the class, etc.. but that also would exclude archer as lycandi people have bows... hmmm the way it was written.. kinda opens a few doors.

If not gunner... Polearm wielder? Nunchuk wiedler? Fan wielder? Haldberd wielder?

I wonder if you guys actually know how to read at all. 

They clearly stated: "Yet TO APPEARED IN THE GAME BEFORE". What makes you guys think its gunner or archer? Those two already appear in the game for ages which take the role of NPC. We already see spearman too, etc... So think outside the box, what class you haven't seen in this game.

17 minutes ago, Zeiken said:

I played as archer in tera a few years ago.. had a blast. Just add more flashy shit and archer would fit right into b&s

Many things would "fit in" to bns but the thing that comes up most commonly is gunner gunner gunner : p

Since the weapon is confirmed to have not appeared in the game yet, guns and bows are ruled out...

Spears and pole-arms are also ruled out...

Sword n Shield ruled out...

Yet it is something highly requested. (by the Korean players of course.)

Just what WILL this 10th class be?

Such a mystery.

I assumed he meant not seen used by the players... but if its not been seen in game this rules out

Archery

Spear

gunner/gunslinger

So question becomes what would it be?

nunchucku?

Kurisigama? 

Kama's?

Dual Swords?( assassin uses daggers)

or 

The Cudgel/Staff?

Are still lots of martial arts schools aren't accounted for... however i took that comment more to imply that it wouldn't have anything to do with ANY weapon that players currently have. So no swords, knuckles, ect... but it was kind of vague...

Classes that I'd LOVE to see

1) WHip Sword master (Like IVY in that one fighting game).

2) SHrine Maiden Type ie.. Uses a big honking spear or whatever Momiji uses in DoA.

Archers IMHO would be a better idea than gunners, lets keep Soha Unique (Soha Fan CLub) !!!

I've got something I'd like to get started "What NEW CLASS" would you like to see ??? (serious and not so serious ) ideas welcome.

Maybe a "Lizard" type race.. who knows...

Gunner, Archer, Spear/Lancer or something alike does not seem out of question.

I personally hope it's some sort of spearer > archer > gunner. I dislike the idea of a gunner in a martial arts game.

But i guess there is actually a third hint hidden in it "[..] and has yet to appear in the game [..]"

Technically archer, spearer and gunner are all in the game yet in form of npcs. Poheran would be a gunner, the lycan guy in the cave is a spear/bow hybrid, the guy in the tower is a fully fetched archer.

I guess it could be a class with two sword. I'd love that. I love sword classes, blade master is great and two sword would just look amazing. I could imagine it having a very agile, dynamic gameplay with fast skills and a lot of mobility and dps. 

Edit: All i can think off:

- Two one handed swords (would like it)

- Broadsword

- Whip

- Telekinesis (would like it)

- Fan (would like it)

- Nunchuko

Out of all of them, broadsword and two swords might be too close to other classes while whip does not fit into the game. Not sure about telekinesis being to close to caster classes, but they can potentially make a good class out of it. Another ranged tho..

I would really like the idea of a range/meele hybrid fan class or something alike. Maybe even with telekinesis and wind like elements.

The use of firearms/gunpowder was a game changer through out history. Gunner of some kind Will be a nice and popular addition to the game if nothing less than a novelty class.  With the hardship of close ranged classes in the game, Gunner is the ideal addition to Blade and Soul IMO; Archers are traditionally a mounted class and with out the use of mounts in this game it sort of eliminates the possibility of them. 

My vote is for a class that uses a Magic Missile or a Flying Guillotine.  

Archived