Breeze Bracelet better than Awaken Oatbreaker Bracelet Stage 10?

TopDollar

I finally decided to upgrade my Pirate Bracelet since it was the cheapest of all the new content upgrades. Made it to stage 5, than breakthrough it pass 5 and into stage 10. Found it after spending a decent amount on it, that it might actually be weaker than Breeze bracelet overall. Testing both of them on the Mushin dummy. I get up to 5900 damage on the dummy with Oatbreaker stage 10 bracelet but i could do up to 6200 on the dummy with a breeze bracelet.

With Breeze Bracelet, my crt rate was 38.59% and my crt damage was 207.56%.

With Oatbreaker Stage 10 my crt rate is 45.54% and my crt damage dropped all the way down to 191.64%.

Oatbreaker also gives me 12 more ap, 12 addtional damage, and 290 block with 7% more crt than breeze bracelet but i don't really think its worth it since im doing less crt damage. And 7& crt difference seems to little to make it worth it.  12 extra ap seems useless since im  pass the 490 mark already and 290 block matters little when my block rate is still thrash. Another

What do you guys think? Destroyer here.

Yeah I'm not totally sure about it but the Oathbreaker should be better in your case since you would only have 38.5% without it. That's way too low and critting almost 10% more often deals more damage overall than the 300 more damage.

But if you would be at around 50%, I don't know what would be better.. I didn't upgrade to Oathbreaker yet but I'm at 49% crit and it would be interesting to find out how much %crit I would get with it. Probably at around 52%? I don't know if 3% more crit and 12 AP would be better than 400Cdmg.

hmm.
I also have questions with regard on what is more efficient between AP vs CritDmg vs CritRate. (vs = not to really compare but in consideration with these factors/stats in deciding what gear/build is best)
There are really a lot of factors to consider.
What crit rate is worth it to sacrifice crit dmg.
What crit dmg is worth it to sacrifice AP.
And so on...

I don't know if this can help but this is what I do:
1. Consider the time on how long you kill a specific monster or 100-0 the dummy.
2. Consider your main skills and skill rotation, do they rely on Crit Rate | Crit Damage | Raw Damage | DOTs.
3. Your experience will best tell it all.

Lol.. your logic is really flawed here.

Extreme scenario: you have 9001% crit damage but only 0.1% crit. Worth it? I doubt so. If you crit, you'll do insane damage. And you will say "look how much damage i'm doing now, with the ohter item it's like 1/90's of that ololol", but you'll only crit once in a thousand hits.. so it's not worth it. Keep the following in mind:

- High numbers are not all that counts, dps is

- Crit damage does not affect anything but crits

- With 200% critdamage 1% crit equals 1% more dps, thus losing 7% crit equals losing 7% dps, while you gain 16% crit damage (in 38% of hits, so 0.38*16 = 6%) which results in less dps. And on TOP OF THAT ur losing the AP and block you mentioned. So your upgraded bracelet is better, only a few percent, but it's better. 

Edit: More precise calculation, above was more of an example to show how this works.

You can always just calculate it, assuming 100 is your base damage, you can just calculate the modificator ur getting from crit and crit damage.

100*0.3859*2.0765 = 80.13

100*0.4554*1.9164 = 87.27

So you're dealing 80% more damage with your high crits, but 87% more damage with your high crit rate. Thus the crit rate in this scenario is 87.2/80.1 =~ 8.8% stronger in dps.

If this was not as obvious, you could also try to calculate in the rate your skills use ap. Some skills are very bursty, thus making ap important since they have a good scaling, others dont scale as well and make it less important and so on. 

This case is pretty clear tho. The crit/crit damage alone is nearly 9% stronger, not even counting the bonus you get from ap or block.

Explained nicely by Yamyatos, big numbers does not mean more dps, as you keep upgrading Oathbreaker the others don't really compare sure that does take a while but even then overall Awakened Oath 10 is better imo.

5 minutes ago, zhoo said:

700 crit is to much to pass up.. along with a decent amount of ap.. so no breeze bracelet isnt better than oathbreaker 

Actually it is, you already get high crit from Yeti shields and Oathbreaker ring. While the 440 crit damage boost does wonders for your DPS and benefits way more than 10 extra AP you would have from the Oathbreaker bracelet.

As a destroyer, I'm already lower on crit than some other classes but I don't have full yeti set yet (hovering at 45% crit rate now).

Awak Oathbreaker will definitely be better for me in any case since Destroyer focus regen is directly tied into crit rate (due to skills like Judgement and Knee) and that focus is what allows me to ani-cancel. The crit damage would be nice but if I can maintain focus then I'm not putting out that much dps.

3 hours ago, Hongmoon said:

Always get crit dmg on items that can get it. That's all there is to it. 10 ap will net you 100dmg (200 with a crit, maybe 300 with buffs) using the strongest skill, literally nothing when you're doiubng tens of thousands.

But you know, that 10 ap also scales with crit? 

The critrate you get from oathbreaker is nice, but you can get critrate everywhere.

Other jewelry and soul shield infusions.

You get +3% critrate from true pirate and some of the newer forms.

Once you reach 50% critrate you nearly crit every hit.

The AP as has been said, is not really all that useful, skills have small modifiers.

10 AP isn't much, unequip some item with 10 AP check your skill description for the board damage, then equip it again.

Check the difference in the numbers. Most the time its in the range of an extra 20~60 dmg.

Check this gear

With the 440 critdamage breeze bracelet I've already more critdmg than this guy.

For me bracelet is the last thing i'll upgrade.

5 hours ago, luzt said:

Once you reach 50% critrate you nearly crit every hit.

Im sorry but which part of 50% is hard to understand? 50%=50%

and its not something to depate about, its simple math.. but thats only for long fights, in reality just use which ever you want, if u take skills into consideration

using breeze ="high risk, high reward" it all depends if ur lucky about which of ur skills crit.

but w/e you do dont loose ur bracelet coz u will be upgrading it at somepoint.

You should be using breeze even if your base rate is slightly lower because there's one thing alot of people on this topic are forgetting: Rage. Rage gives you 100% crit chance and unlocks your strongest animation cancel. If you can get to over 40% crit rate with a crit 1 times ruby the crit damage should win out due to rage being used more or less off cooldown. 

5 minutes ago, lnvisibleOne said:

You should be using breeze even if your base rate is slightly lower because there's one thing alot of people on this topic are forgetting: Rage. Rage gives you 100% crit chance and unlocks your strongest animation cancel. If you can get to over 40% crit rate with a crit 1 times ruby the crit damage should win out due to rage being used more or less off cooldown. 

what is rage? is it an effect of the breeze bracelet? i dont see it on there

Okay when it comes to Assassins, I've come to the conclusion that the Oathbreaker is better. Idk if damage wise, but we absolutely need crit since most of our important skills proc from critical hits. Especially when we run the Dark build (we already sort of can, but Mist Slash is still missing)

Python is better than Breeze. It gives 457ish crit dmg and 12 AP. 

You can gain all the crit you need from the new SS. Im currently at 45.00% (So lovely having a perfectly rounded number), With Scorpio 2 and Yeti 357, Ill have enough crit (from maxing them) to get up to around 51-52% (add in Pirate Proc; 54-55%). The more crit you get, the less % it goes up due to diminishing returns beginning around 50%. I dont personally want to lose ~457 crit damage (which is around 10%) for another 3% crit that the Oathbreaker upgrade would provide me.

8 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Actually it is, you already get high crit from Yeti shields and Oathbreaker ring. While the 440 crit damage boost does wonders for your DPS and benefits way more than 10 extra AP you would have from the Oathbreaker bracelet.

No, it's flat out wrong.

Example stats: 520 AP - 55% Crit and 200% Crit damage.

You either add 11 AP, 4% Crit and 16 AD or 10% Critdamage.

Case 1 deals 531 + 531*0.59 = 844

Case 2 deals 520 + 520*0.55*1.1 = 834.6

The Oathbreaker necklace is better, and this still leaves out the AD on the necklace.

Likelyhood is that with crit values of 55% and 200% Critdamage, oathbreaker is superior simple due to AP and additional damage.

AND this is also completely ignoring the "on crit" effects on various abilities. This adds even more emphasize on crit chance, instead of crit damage.

9 hours ago, FilipeKun said:

Atm every player use the breezer one because the crit dmg, is around 2xx points, but wen i checked the full path for the pirate bracelet (from the 1st upgrade to the last) is a difference of maybe 10~20ap? i discussed that with my friend wich would seems better tho

ATM every player that has some money upgrades their bracelet to oathbreaker, people only stay with that if they don't have the money.

44 minutes ago, Meiling said:

ATM every player that has some money upgrades their bracelet to oathbreaker, people only stay with that if they don't have the money.

False. It's down to preference and your class I guess. I prefer 16% crit damage over 4 or 5% crit when I have enough of it as is. 

7 minutes ago, lnvisibleOne said:

False. It's down to preference and your class I guess. I prefer 16% crit damage over 4 or 5% crit when I have enough of it as is. 

From what I see it's hardly false, it's literally the first upgrade people do since it's cheaper than any other upgrade. Not many people stick with breeze when they get the chance to upgrade while the people I tend to see not have it upgraded still need several other pieces upgraded first. Maybe some people  don't upgrade but a vast majority do and soon everyone will.

I have 52.5% critical with true siren accessories and not even maxed fused SS, the critical damage from python bracelet is far better than oathbreaker, you get like 2% damage with 500 AP for getting 10 more, critical scales extremely bad and doesn't scale at all with any critical buffs once you have 50%. Critical damage however gives 7.5% more damage around and 15% around with buffs active. I laugh at all the retards recruiting their AP or higher then kick me for having 10 AP less than requirement when I have higher critical and critical damage than them giving me far more damage than their puny 2%.

Archived