Mandatory Chapter 17 undoable for an assassin

Dru Lockheart

My char with True Profane weapon and Moonwater shield is unable to solo the wave of mobs and profane Jiangshi. Mobs I can kill a few and leave the rest to the npc, but Jiangshi is unpassable. Does not help to the experience that half of assassin approach skills puts the char inside the summoning ring meaning instant death. Thank you very much for proving that the badly designed class is useless. But that was kinda obvious before as well.

Before summoning ends, you need to kill the mobs around (groups of 3) and that's when you can get inside the ring. Which resets the quest to before the mobs wave, of course, because why you should not repeat it all if they can make you.

And I'm not trying to run some purple dungeon, just want to do MANDATORY. And I see no reason why other classes with similar setup can, but this one can't.

Ty for help offer, but I'm afraid that as many mandatories, this is yet another solo mayhem.

For those not remembering, it is the quest starting with you helping Madun bring the other Eight Masters to help with mobs. If I'm understanding correctly, OP is struggling with the double CC Jianghsi at the very end as an Assassin.

General tips: invest into skills that restore health, get as many CC as you can manage, unload Healing tonics as needed, iframe/evade when red AOE shows up, block/evade/deflect (?) if yellow AOE, stay within melee distance as much as possible because mildly annoying projectile otherwise.

Even as a Destroyer, that one was a bit of a challenge for me, but mostly because of learning his attack patterns and getting hit in the process. Was at True Profane weapon (with 25 AP Diamond), Awakened Infernal Accessories, full purple Bloodshade SS set and around 390 AP, so no crazy amounts of gearing up required to get it done.

In this case, gearing up is probably your best bet. The story quests are easier than the dungeons, yes, but eventually they will come with stat checks.

Personally, I was a bit more annoyed at the instant kill summoning ring, as there was ZERO game context indicating that it would do so, and so my movement/evade skills got me in contact - and had to restart the damn quest from square one.

Most times I dont even know how mobs/bosses fight, (from story quests anyways) because I stealth destroy everything. Make sure you are stealthing properly as you can literally stay in stealth the entire time. 

Run to mobs and use RMB to go into stealth. I dont use lightning so do your RMB+F or whatever for 5ish seconds. Press 'x' (poison) then '1' for shadow drain, to stealth again for 6 sec. RMB+F again for 6 seconds, after you get out of stealth immediately hit tab for hook kick to go back to stealth for another 6 seconds. Then you can do any of the below and repeat the above steps again:

Press '3' while in stealth to stealth 6 sec

Press 'v' for stealth + boost 15 sec

Press 'x' out of stealth for stealth 10 sec

Press SS while in stealth + 1 shadow dash for steath 6 sec

This is similar to what I use. 

https://bnstree.com/AS?build=49030010002100341034210191100841111230053200732199210123114232006330163300931214440241101321

In my build, use lightning rod first, then press 'v'. You can almost RMB + F for the entire 15  seconds. 

And as other have stated you should get at least Awakened Siren, for the 100% focus recovery. 

I just did this quest as my BD. Didn't have any problem with it. As soon as I saw red I moved out, then dashed in as soon as that was done. Used evades or defense moves for the yellows. Now, are you saying this guy has instant death moves? Didn't see any and I'm on Profane weapon, poh soul shield and a measly 30K HP.

I'm asking because I'll have my sin doing that quest eventually, and she's in much worse gear due to being an alt.

42 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

For those not remembering, it is the quest starting with you helping Madun bring the other Eight Masters to help with mobs. If I'm understanding correctly, OP is struggling with the double CC Jianghsi at the very end as an Assassin.

General tips: invest into skills that restore health, get as many CC as you can manage, unload Healing tonics as needed, iframe/evade when red AOE shows up, block/evade/deflect (?) if yellow AOE, stay within melee distance as much as possible because mildly annoying projectile otherwise.

Even as a Destroyer, that one was a bit of a challenge for me, but mostly because of learning his attack patterns and getting hit in the process. Was at True Profane weapon (with 25 AP Diamond), Awakened Infernal Accessories, full purple Bloodshade SS set and around 390 AP, so no crazy amounts of gearing up required to get it done.

Now I remember!!
I have an assassin as an alt. I did this with mix of bsh blue and moonwater arena s-s. Weapons is true siren with +25AP, acce is on infernal.

Setup:
Poison breath with life steal.
"C" skill with iframe.
"x" with hide.
Others are the normal stuff.
I just treated it as a normal killing of a mob with high HP.
iframe all of his AOE.
I didn't struggle with this honestly, it was like a free run, but maybe with different/lower gears?

I believe I had true infernal and dokumo ss when I did this. It's not incredibly difficult. After you kill enough mobs and get to the boss, you just have to dodge around the attacks.

It's true they don't tell you the summoning ring kills you, but after dying to it once it's pretty easy to follow the rules. I'm unsure what the issue is exactly. Is it a bug that the fire remains when you need to kill the boss?

I used the hp buff potion and somehow passed it at last, and I conclude that much of my problems must have been due to the latency - at least I have no other way of explaining how the bosses could set the aoe precisely at the spot I landed on before I landed there in stealth or how Steel Giant could grapple me straight from the stealth too, for instance. And having to use SS keys like 5 times before getting ported is kinda a hint on that too.

So either this or Zaiwei mandatory bosses (Jiangshi, Steel Giant, Terracotta General) can actually see through the stealth.

Archived