What are they doing to this game ?

Fl3xx

Just to emphasize  on the note that people keep telling new players or undergeared player to "farm zen bean to buy soulstone and make money from them" . In order to make money from Zenbean soulstone, you need Small Dragon Certificate which is no longer available in the easy 4 blue Mistywood dungeon and can only get from Mushin 7th floor, Avalanche Den, Awakened Necropolism, Lair of the Frozen Fang daily quests, which are behind a relatively heavy wall of gear checking. 

So basically right now, new player either have to farm their heart out to get gold and buy soulstone from marketplace or drop money in for NC then use currency exchange function to get gold in order to upgrade themselves and advance further. 

It is a dilemma when you need soulstone + gold to upgrade yourself to farm more soulstone + gold while you have near to nothing as a leverage to help themselves out initially 

1 hour ago, LordLokai said:

uhh i don't mean to disagree but YOU are dead wrong... in fact most MMO's are in fact NOT p2w, its a really common misconception in fact i'm going to argue that this game isn't p2w more pay to progress. Its what i like to call " borderline " p2w, because you CAN technically buy power, but a free player can additionally still gain that same level of power they just have to grind a bit more. 

WoW p2w? no i dont think so, you have to " pay " for a sub but that subscription gives you access to everything, you just have to put the time and effort into getting those things...

Wild Star? everything i've seen tells me even as a f2p game most of whats offered is either a booster (exp, gold ect) or cosmetic mostly house items. No again not p2w

CoH/V? before it died was not p2w i cant recall one item that gave power they literally just sold costume parts i dont recall mods or anything being sold...

i could go on and on and on... yes there are p2w mmo's out there but blade and soul actually falls in the " pay to progress " area... am i fan? no i think everyone should have to put the time into the game but even with that aside. The current emblems are there to help returning and new players/alts get through that progression faster, AND still doesn't address the real problem at all... trans stones and soul stones being needed in massive quantities... and the amount of gold it requires to do anything in game. The game has its problems and they are problems i myself am not a fan of HOWEVER the games not P2W.

Pay To Win

Definition: the ability for a paying player, to gain unfair advantages over free players, such as buying gear, or items that are EXCLUSIVE to the item shop that give marginal boosts to that player. For example, a costume that has +2000 hp on it, or a weapon skin that gives +400 ap. 

That is pay to win... what we have here is pay to skip some grind... which eh i'm ok with ... now... put soul stones in the shop, along with trans stones... and i'd be a much happier customer... i mean all other crafting profs are useless LETS just make others useless to.

There is a reason why i said some games are more pay 2 win than other. Pay to progress and pay to win is one and the same, stop being a naive person and do not differentiate between the two lol.  If you can buy the legendary skills for gold on a market for the gold u obtained by buying from goldsellers or ncsoft store it is a shortcut as well as a form of pay 2 win.  I am not saying this is a worst game as far as p2w model goes, but its on a very edge.  When u are able to access numerous materials/consumables on ncsoft ,which could be later turned into gold in game, how can someone claim other wise? lol please be realistic.

If the game was not pay 2 win, then you could only buy items such as outfits, weapons skins, what does not influence a market. We have enough problem with instability of market as it is, ncsoft store does not help either and ofc all the bots lol. 

Also the definitions you posted are hilarious, "unfair advatage" well ofc cuz you gain access to better equipment sooner than majority of a players if u buy gold, therefore ur in a disadvantage if you a normal player and not a player who spends.

Not trying to be harsh, but in current days all these big gaming companies think that it's ok to introduce "micro transactions" and cash in, cuz they think majority of a players are stupid, but it's not ok, it would be a high time to stand up for greater quality and decent standards. We are not a sheep, we must demand right standards, other wise whats the point of having those in a first place?  If we don't then we will get sh1t games like last years arkham knight which was totally unplayble on pc lol.  Also on that point blade and sould can also be unplayble due to massive memory leaks. Should ve been fixed by now, but they introduced more items to the store instead ? fantastic.

Archived