What are they doing to this game ?

Fl3xx

Let me start off by saying that i am usually the silent type, i never speak up in parties or raids etc and NEVER go out of my way to create lengthy forum posts. That is my personality in real life and it transcended into my gaming i guess, anyway i am fine with that.

Although this one time i just had to speak up. I am one of these people who love this game to death, I have played since launch and have loved every bit of it. A few days ago I invited my friend from another Moba game to come and play with me so i decided to level up a new character with him. Upon getting to 45 last night what did i notice? Soul sheilds from NSH, Naryu etc are not anymore available as easily. Pirate emblems also not. Pirate emblems are now in cash shop.

This is extremely unnaceptable decision making, it is almost like what TERA began to do as they slowly shot themselves in the foot. (hmm instead of making this game a great worthwhile game like they did to WOW where people can play it for years to come and it will become popular, im sure the game will die anyway soon so lets try and milk as much money from the players as we can ------> Proceeds to launch F2P realease --------> Proceeds to become extremely P2W it was disgusting, i mean things like releasing a new ELIN ONLY (small cute race in tera just like we have ours) class so people can come back and buy more outfits from the cash shop that was full of ELIN ONLY OUTFITS. It was honestly disgusting after awhile.

Enough about that, my fear is this great game is beginning to go along that path. Why would you make getting Pirate stuff and Accessories so difficult for people unless they spend money? As soon as my friend realized this he uninstalled the game straight away. I logged in few hours ago just after the maintenance hoping to see if it was some kind of bug that will be fixed but alas, it seems as if this was an intentional decision from high up, that is the unnaceptable part. How dare you attempt to ruin such a great game ? This might not sound like such big of a deal to you guys who are already lvl 50 but for newer players its a complete hit to the crotch. till now my guild has been an empty zone so i went on TS (i never went on it cuz i dont like socializing) to ask them where they are they said (LOL im done with that *cricket*ing shitty P2W game, if seen all of this before, starts off like that and gets worse) And i hate to say i must agree

Before any of you begin to flame or say things like bye bye, or stop whining etc, let me re-iterate I LOVE THE GAME however i will be forced to stop if activities like this continue, the bots i could deal with but this P2W shit ? Im really not interested. In a few months time this game may become like what happened to TERA

Just my two cents, take it or leave it however i won't be replying to any comments so don't bother to refer to me in quotes etc :)

Hope you fix up NCSOFT

even if some people say game isnt dieing its exactly shit like this that absolutely kills games... imo there should always be catchup  mechanics (ofc not till last possible wep but until you start progressing on the stuff added in last "expansion") or u wont get new players whats the point of starting to play game where you literally have no hope catch up

players, in this case leading to huge issues finding party´s for current content. we´re not just missing that but they actually made it harder than it was before!

what the hell is the point in that!?!?

I don't want to say that you're right about this... but I admit, 100% of my friends and people I invited to play have already given up and quit the game, partially because of the things enumerated here, and a few other reasons. I don't think they can be convinced to return sadly. (despite my prodding)

Personally i'll stick it out for awhile, and give Team Bloodlust a fair shake.

32 minutes ago, Fl3xx said:

Let me start off by saying that i am usually the silent type, i never speak up in parties or raids etc and NEVER go out of my way to create lengthy forum posts. That is my personality in real life and it transcended into my gaming i guess, anyway i am fine with that.

Although this one time i just had to speak up. I am one of these people who love this game to death, I have played since launch and have loved every bit of it. A few days ago I invited my friend from another Moba game to come and play with me so i decided to level up a new character with him. Upon getting to 45 last night what did i notice? Soul sheilds from NSH, Naryu etc are not anymore available as easily. Pirate emblems also not. Pirate emblems are now in cash shop.

This is extremely unnaceptable decision making, it is almost like what TERA began to do as they slowly shot themselves in the foot. (hmm instead of making this game a great worthwhile game like they did to WOW where people can play it for years to come and it will become popular, im sure the game will die anyway soon so lets try and milk as much money from the players as we can ------> Proceeds to launch F2P realease --------> Proceeds to become extremely P2W it was disgusting, i mean things like releasing a new ELIN ONLY (small cute race in tera just like we have ours) class so people can come back and buy more outfits from the cash shop that was full of ELIN ONLY OUTFITS. It was honestly disgusting after awhile.

Enough about that, my fear is this great game is beginning to go along that path. Why would you make getting Pirate stuff and Accessories so difficult for people unless they spend money? As soon as my friend realized this he uninstalled the game straight away. I logged in few hours ago just after the maintenance hoping to see if it was some kind of bug that will be fixed but alas, it seems as if this was an intentional decision from high up, that is the unnaceptable part. How dare you attempt to ruin such a great game ? This might not sound like such big of a deal to you guys who are already lvl 50 but for newer players its a complete hit to the crotch. till now my guild has been an empty zone so i went on TS (i never went on it cuz i dont like socializing) to ask them where they are they said (LOL im done with that *cricket*ing shitty P2W game, if seen all of this before, starts off like that and gets worse) And i hate to say i must agree

Before any of you begin to flame or say things like bye bye, or stop whining etc, let me re-iterate I LOVE THE GAME however i will be forced to stop if activities like this continue, the bots i could deal with but this P2W shit ? Im really not interested. In a few months time this game may become like what happened to TERA

Just my two cents, take it or leave it however i won't be replying to any comments so don't bother to refer to me in quotes etc :)

Hope you fix up NCSOFT

Hello. Firstly, no offense or anything but you sound very ignorant and unaware. Let me tell you this. This game is actually not p2w, you can actually use hongmoon coins by selling your gold through currency exchange via (ctrl+c). There are numerous ways you can get gold easily, I don't know how long you've been playing or how much time you've spent in this game but like I said no offense if you're not aware about this but you can do a lot of dailies and other activities in the game especially now that new content is out that gives you good gold. I've made about 200g-300g per day or at least every couple days just by doing this  and I'm not exaggerating at all. Let me tell you this right now but if you don't know yet but there's the pvp arena which you can farm soulstones by doing 1vs1 or do 3vs3 and get up to gold easily or platinum-diamond rank which I am currently making good money as I'm a Diamond (2100+), mind you, that I get from farming soulstones that requires "small Dragon certificates" or "Dragon certificates". I believe the content for Dragon Certificates isn't out yet so it's just Small Dragon certificates for now and you get 3-4 per day so that's about 100g+. Soulstones right now are going for 33s, at least in my server here in Juwol. They used to go for 15s each prior to the new Silverfrost content patch because bots just exploited ways to sell soulstones and do dungeons easily, now it's substantially harder for them to do so in this new content which is a good thing.

Anyway, I get 100g here per day, plus 100g-200g from dailies and stuff so it's not that bad. 

I get it. it's hard for you to get new gear... but truth be told if you don't want to hear what other people say then don't play or get some advice making money in the game because I just gave you it in this reply. Just saying. 

You don't have to spend real life money. Period. Just press F10 and check out the hongmoon store tab, not the NCstore tab by default, All the things you can buy from the Hongmoon store is the same in NCsoft, the only thing you can't buy with hongmoon tab is premium membership. 

16 minutes ago, Tabasco said:

I don't want to say that you're right about this... but I admit, 100% of my friends and people I invited to play have already given up and quit the game, partially because of the things enumerated here, and a few other reasons. I don't think they can be convinced to return sadly. (despite my prodding)

Personally i'll stick it out for awhile, and give Team Bloodlust a fair shake.

Check out my new post. I've given my facts, not just opinions to attest to you that this game isn't p2w and you don't have to pay a dime for anything except membership. 

There is a bit of a trade off here since they merged with the 4-man loot tables. That means you could get a skillbook form BSH or a nice costume drop that someone will bid high dollar for. That's money in the bank right there. There's no reason to ever buy anything from the cash shop. The only thing I ever used pirate emblems for was the dark pirate weapon because I didn't want to grind NSH for the drop or put in the effort to buy a brilliant key.

While some of these moves make it difficult for new players to get pirate, it also encourages them to go the new oathbreaker route which I think was the whole idea. I believe the only reason we currently get both paths is because of the rushed content release. The movement of certificates and SS from reward boxes I think was partially to discourage bots and leechers. Same reason goes for moving dragon certificates to 50 heroics to get them out of arena.

3 minutes ago, Rockbridge said:

There is a bit of a trade off here since they merged with the 4-man loot tables. That means you could get a skillbook form BSH or a nice costume drop that someone will bid high dollar for. That's money in the bank right there. There's no reason to ever buy anything from the cash shop. The only thing I ever used pirate emblems for was the dark pirate weapon because I didn't want to grind NSH for the drop or put in the effort to buy a brilliant key.

While some of these moves make it difficult for new players to get pirate, it also encourages them to go the new oathbreaker route which I think was the whole idea. I believe the only reason we currently get both paths is because of the rushed content release. The movement of certificates and SS from reward boxes I think was partially to discourage bots and leechers. Same reason goes for moving dragon certificates to 50 heroics to get them out of arena.

Yeah man I also stated in my post because nobody knows about the currency exchange but you can sell your gold via Currency exchange (Ctrl+C) to get hongmoon coins which you can use to buy the equivalent same price in store (F10) using NCoin. The only thing you can't buy using hongmoon coins is just membership, other than that I haven't paid a dime in this game except for membership and maybe a 1 time $20 worth of NCoin for a costume when Currency exchange wasn't out or until I didn't find out what it was. 

Not a lot of people know about this and are freaking out why they can't or get certain stuff in the game if they want like a certain costume, so that's why I'm posting this and telling them about the currency exchange and hongmoon coins.

Just to add to your post, yeah it's true that you can get good skillbook drops that are called "Hongmoon" drops from Nightshade Harbor 6-man (used to be 4-man until they changed it new patch) but I'm not sure abou the RNG (Random number generator) % it drops now but yeah it's a rare drop which goes on the store anywhere between 50g-500g for a specefied class.

Not sure what other dungeons/instances, places, or bosses drops them but the only one I know as of right now is NSH(Nightshade Harbor). 

23 minutes ago, Mysticstrider said:

Hello. Firstly, no offense or anything but you sound very ignorant and unaware. Let me tell you this. This game is actually not p2w, you can actually use hongmoon coins from selling your gold through currency exchange. There are numerous ways you can get gold easily, can do a lot of dailies and other activities in the game especially now that new contnet is out that gives you gold. I've made about 200g-300g per day just by doing this, It's not that bad at all, and there's the pvp arena which you can farm soulstones by 1vs1 or do 3vs3 and get up to gold easily or platinum-diamond which I am currently making good money from farming soulstones which you need "small Dragon certificates" or "Dragon certificates", which you which I believe the content for it isn't out yet so just Small Dragon certificates for now. Soulstones right now are going for 33s, at least in my server here in Juwol. They used to go for 15g prior to the new Silverfrost content patch because bots just exploited ways to sell soulstones and do dungeons easily, now it's substantially harder for them to do so in this new content which is a good thing.

I get 100g here per day, plus 100g-200g from dailies and stuff so it's not that bad. 

I get it it's hard for you to get new gear... but truth be told if you don't want to hear what other people say then don't play or get some advice making money in the game because I just gave you it in this reply. Just saying. 

You don't have to spend real life money. Period. Just press F10 and check out the hongmoon store tab, not the NCstore tab by default, All the things you can buy from the Hongmoon store is the same in NCsoft, the only thing you can't buy with hongmoon tab is premium membership. 

1. Requirements for pirate and siren upgrades are not available in hongmon coin purchase. (Haven't been online yet after maintenance dunno if it changed but i have a moderator replying to this request/issue of mine)
2.1 Easy gold? New end-game content? You are trying to talk about the wrong topic, his issue was a friend of his recently started to play the game. So trying to justify anything using new expansion is irrelevant.
2.2 Since the new expansion, low level content are like ghost town now.
2.3 100g-200g? Really? How? Before SFM i do 40/40 DQ in 4 to 6 to 8hrs of gameplay never did I profit more than 20g unless I craft transtones.
2.4 100g-200g? In the new expansion, there are new quests in the open field that will give you 30s-60s-70s per quest and easily accomplished but will not give you over 20g. But the Purple dungeon needs proper gear to do which can drop the SF Merry P. if you are lucky well that would net you your 100g. So again it is irrelevant since he is talking about a recently started player.
3. Arena are full of bots. I don't care about easy win, I care about fun and competition. Tag match is fun but full of AFK and BOTS.
4. S-S Plains, again irrelevant since he is just a starting player and mind you, you also need a proper gear and takes some practice/time to do this properly especially for melee.

Like what the OP said, I love the game very much. I play minimum of 8hrs a day since launch. But there are things right now that reduced my interest.
Don't get me wrong I still love the game, but there is a feeling of diminishing interest and fun on how this progresses. I hope it changes.

Out of Topic: Here are my issues
-Unresolve bot on arena. I never love PVE, I do PVE to prepare my PVP. That is why I love BnS because you don't need much OP PVE preparation to do PVP. But now, you will see bots and hacks and AFKs.
-Unresolve bot AFKs on dungeons. I never love PVE, but because of the combat mechanics, BnS made me love it. But I hate going to cross server with bots and AFK peeps.
-New 24MAN is lacking appeal. It is just a massive map not much of an adventure unlike the old one.
E.fleet = Even fighting to get the minis is fun.
NSH = go figure how fun it is.
New 24MAN = seat there for 30mins to 1hr not doing anything waiting for boss to spawn.
Just did these new 24man once never came back.
Hope things change.

Another thing I want to note from other replies "CATCH UP MECHANICS"

I'm a new player, I know exactly what you mean. I started like 5 weeks ago, probably not even that. I haven't even got my Siren weapon yet and I'm lvl 50 HM 3, Warlock.

I do a lot of dailies each day but from what I've noticed, it costs too much to upgrade my weapon AND accessories, and I don't have enough money in real life to buy NCoins for gold. I tried PvP for soulstones etc and slowly got 60 even though I kept getting killed by players who seemed very rude, and called me trash as they killed me... so I've moved on to leveling new characters and trying them out for a while until I find the class I enjoy - but to be honest, when I find that class (BM seems fun) I probably won't stick around for long either, because like you said, the game's blatantly Pay 2 Win which is sad because it's a great game, I love the combat and combos and the story is awesome, I like the races, outfits and the look of the world despite the terrible optimized game engine which causes my decent PC to struggle to run smoothly without turning down all my graphics just so that I don't keep hitting 3 FPS. 

It's not that much of a pay 2 win, but they did screw over new comers. Especially if removing all those almost required soulshields from the game for no reason. I mean every new characters first cool soulshield is BSH. How is a new comer supposed to go trhough the new content with crap gear if a moonwater transformation stone costs almost 9 gold ... which means if he/she does e.fleet and nightshade daily, maybe can afford 1 per day. And I really doubt you can do the new content without a decent weapon and soulshield.

26 minutes ago, Bumlife said:

1. Requirements for pirate and siren upgrades are not available in hongmon coin purchase. (Haven't been online yet after maintenance dunno if it changed but i have a moderator replying to this request/issue of mine)
2.1 Easy gold? New end-game content? You are trying to talk about the wrong topic, his issue was a friend of his recently started to play the game. So trying to justify anything using new expansion is irrelevant.
2.2 Since the new expansion, low level content are like ghost town now.
2.3 100g-200g? Really? How? Before SFM i do 40/40 DQ in 4 to 6 to 8hrs of gameplay never did I profit more than 20g unless I craft transtones.
2.4 100g-200g? In the new expansion, there are new quests in the open field that will give you 30s-60s-70s per quest and easily accomplished but will not give you over 20g. But the Purple dungeon needs proper gear to do which can drop the SF Merry P. if you are lucky well that would net you your 100g. So again it is irrelevant since he is talking about a recently started player.
3. Arena are full of bots. I don't care about easy win, I care about fun and competition. Tag match is fun but full of AFK and BOTS.
4. S-S Plains, again irrelevant since he is just a starting player and mind you, you also need a proper gear and takes some practice/time to do this properly especially for melee.

Like what the OP said, I love the game very much. I play minimum of 8hrs a day since launch. But there are things right now that reduced my interest.
Don't get me wrong I still love the game, but there is a feeling of diminishing interest and fun on how this progresses. I hope it changes.

Out of Topic: Here are my issues
-Unresolve bot on arena. I never love PVE, I do PVE to prepare my PVP. That is why I love BnS because you don't need much OP PVE preparation to do PVP. But now, you will see bots and hacks and AFKs.
-Unresolve bot AFKs on dungeons. I never love PVE, but because of the combat mechanics, BnS made me love it. But I hate going to cross server with bots and AFK peeps.
-New 24MAN is lacking appeal. It is just a massive map not much of an adventure unlike the old one.
E.fleet = Even fighting to get the minis is fun.
NSH = go figure how fun it is.
New 24MAN = seat there for 30mins to 1hr not doing anything waiting for boss to spawn.
Just did these new 24man once never came back.
Hope things change.

Another thing I want to note from other replies "CATCH UP MECHANICS"

11 minutes ago, Yeon said:

When will you people learn what P2W means? Seriously... This is getting old. xP

Have a good think about it. You pay IRL cash for NCoins, you buy gold, you upgrade your weapons and accessories then get into new content dungeons, do enough damage to faction bosses for loot, kill players easier = winning. 

How is that NOT pay 2 win?

1 minute ago, Mysticstrider said:

Wow, what the hell is the matter with you? I'm not posting in the wrong topic. You're also ignorant and unaware just like OP, no offense or pun intended. Listen, if you can read his post but he's not just mentioning juts a friend who recently started playing, but it's just about p2w in general or making money. I don't know where you've been but it certainly seems you're struggling making gold too and also a noob. I don't know if you're aware but I haven't stumbled upon a single bot in PvP arena, maybe just a couple here and there, since after the new patch it's extremely hard for them to farm zenbeans (I forgot to mention about zenbeans), since you farm zen beans that you can use to get the soulstone pack with. Then you can talk to a zenbean NPC which you can find in different parts of town or city in the game. I myself personally go to Mushin's tower or Merchant square in the Zaiwei area are in the Silverfrost mountains continent as a preference. 

You get 50 if you're diamond, 40 for platinum, and 30 for gold. I'm guessing you're a noob (again no offense) and under 1900 so you still stumble upon a lot of bots that are destroyers and hackers using a bug. I'm 2100+ (diamond) and get 250 zen beans per match. You can do this with 3vs3 now, you get decent amount of zen beans even in gold rank.

Anyway, just so you damn well know it there's a lot of bots they muts be under 1900 but like i said... "IT'S SUBSTANTIALLY HARDER FOR THEM TO FARM ZEN BEANS" so if they farm zenbeans it's useless right now because you need to do the new dungeons to get "Small Dragon certificate" i think it's a good way NCsoft did it this way to combat bots. Bots using non-upgraded weapons at least having a hard time so it's useless for them to farm zenbeans then having to obtain Small Dragon Certificates via new Silverfrost Mountains dungeon is harder for them.

Do you not understand?

I honestly don't know what the fuss is with you about complaining and supporting him. I guess you're one of those guys that support him for not being able to make good money in the game because you're one of those people who think this game is p2w too, go figure.

You don't freaking sit there for 30 min or 1 hour not doing anything for boss to spawn. You do realize that you have to kill bosses constantly to spawn the main boss, right?

Am I right or am I right? 

Relax and don't cry.
So again, you are trying to justify things for a person who is barely starting. You are quoting being a diamond rank pvp. You need to consider the essence of his post. The root of what he is going through. It is a new player perspective and you are throwing him a veteran player justification. You kept saying no offense and no pun  intented but you keep on using offensive words. hmm? I know you need to kill other bosses which also spawn too long. Not worth it with the reward. IF youre enjoying it then fine.

I think you are here just to showoff how advanced you are now right now and throw the noob word to people who struggles.
Now tell me how to profi 300g per day? Crafting silverfrost trans stone? >_>

1 minute ago, Mysticstrider said:

Wow, what the hell is the matter with you? I'm not posting in the wrong topic. You're also ignorant and unaware just like OP, no offense or pun intended. Listen, if you can read his post but he's not just mentioning juts a friend who recently started playing, but it's just about p2w in general or making money. I don't know where you've been but it certainly seems you're struggling making gold too and also a noob. I don't know if you're aware but I haven't stumbled upon a single bot in PvP arena, maybe just a couple here and there, since after the new patch it's extremely hard for them to farm zenbeans (I forgot to mention about zenbeans), since you farm zen beans that you can use to get the soulstone pack with. Then you can talk to a zenbean NPC which you can find in different parts of town or city in the game. I myself personally go to Mushin's tower or Merchant square in the Zaiwei area are in the Silverfrost mountains continent as a preference. 

You get 50 if you're diamond, 40 for platinum, and 30 for gold. I'm guessing you're a noob (again no offense) and under 1900 so you still stumble upon a lot of bots that are destroyers and hackers using a bug. I'm 2100+ (diamond) and get 250 zen beans per match. You can do this with 3vs3 now, you get decent amount of zen beans even in gold rank.

Anyway, just so you damn well know it there's a lot of bots they muts be under 1900 but like i said... "IT'S SUBSTANTIALLY HARDER FOR THEM TO FARM ZEN BEANS" so if they farm zenbeans it's useless right now because you need to do the new dungeons to get "Small Dragon certificate" i think it's a good way NCsoft did it this way to combat bots. Bots using non-upgraded weapons at least having a hard time so it's useless for them to farm zenbeans then having to obtain Small Dragon Certificates via new Silverfrost Mountains dungeon is harder for them.

Do you not understand?

I honestly don't know what the fuss is with you about complaining and supporting him. I guess you're one of those guys that support him for not being able to make good money in the game because you're one of those people who think this game is p2w too, go figure.

You don't freaking sit there for 30 min or 1 hour not doing anything for boss to spawn. You do realize that you have to kill bosses constantly to spawn the main boss, right?

Am I right or am I right? 

Unfortunately now it's you who's being ignorant. Just because you are Diamond it doesn't mean every single player can reach Diamond. Because that means nobody loses therefore there are no winners. Second not all characters CAN reach Diamond even if they want to due to un-balance. Third the whole PvP thing is very PING and FPS reliant. The most anyone can get is gold. Now that's 30 soulstones as you mentioned, so la couple of hours for those 30 soulstones + misty woods soulstones (because the new ss fields suck and lag like hell), that makes 47, and that my friend does not translate to 200g a day. Not even to 100g a day. Provided that the player is casual like me, there is absolutely no time left to deal with e.fleet and nightshade for the gold, or any other daily quests. Therefore screwed. Furthermore as a new player you have to learn your character first, rather than burst in Arena at lvl 30 and try to make 100g. So by the time you reach 45 you already need 9 gold for each moonwater stone, but you barely have 1 from the quests you completed. Tell me how do you proceed from that?

26 minutes ago, Bumlife said:

Relax and don't cry.
So again, you are trying to justify things for a person who is barely starting. You are quoting being a diamond rank pvp. You need to consider the essence of his post. The root of what he is going through. It is a new player perspective and you are throwing him a veteran player justification. You kept saying no offense and no pun  intented but you keep on using offensive words. hmm? I know you need to kill other bosses which also spawn too long. Not worth it with the reward. IF youre enjoying it then fine.

I think you are here just to showoff how advanced you are now right now and throw the noob word to people who struggles.

Forgot to mention about making alts. You do realize that you can bank a lot of gold by doing dailies with your alts. 
I have an additional assassin and doing dailies and farming zenbeans to get soulstones from PvP arena makes it easier for me too.

So I may be exagerratinga bout that part but making that amount of money isn't as hard as you may you think but taking into consideration in terms of upgrading your gear, then all your gold will be gone. I'm not even exaggerating man, just putting it out there about amount for me personally doesn't even cut it, but I just forgot to mention having new alts or additional characters you don't probably play much but you can use once you're 45-50 to farm dailies and if you PvP it'll be easier, at least for me since I'm an assassin 2100+ diamond. But in theory I only get about 75g from PvP arena farming zenbeans to buy soul stones, so that's 200 soulstones from my 4 "Small dragon certificate" wihch goes for about 75g. Seeing that soulstones are about 33 silver each in my server, it seems that the price is a little fluctuating or who knows it might go higher. So technically I'm getting about 75g but more than to add the fact to my additional characters that I can send in between gold through mail which isn't against ToS.

And I'm not crying, just attacking your ignorance by stating that you're not necessarily right about your post when you were saying you're having a hard time making gold but not necessarily true per se. 

I feel a little guilty for saying some of the things I make money with, really feel sorry to myself for telling you this. <_<

(NEW EDIT)

And how do I proceed by doing what? Look, I'm not saying it's easy to make money but getting these things reset per day doesn't guarantee you get your upgraded items right off the bat... like come on, you can wait maybe 1 or 2 days, maybe even several days until you farm enough to have the amount you want. There's just other ways to make money, at the same time you're losing it by upgrading your gear, doing other activities... etc. 

Listen. I'm just putting it out there about people complaining about this game being P2W or just having a hard time when it's not necessarily true.  :V :V :V <_< >_>

43 minutes ago, Yeon said:

When will you people learn what P2W means? Seriously... This is getting old. xP

Not to argue, but I think the p2w mechanics that a lot of players are telling here is this:
Being able to progress faster and more conveniently to quickly enjoy higher level contents without the same investment of time and effort compare to people who don't purchase.
EDIT: Also Being impossible or near to impossible to progress without purchasing.

Conventional Meaning of P2W: (What i think)
Having a purchasable weapon/gear that can utterly destroy an opponent or breeze through a certain content.

Anyone who says this game is not "p2w" is an ignorant or someone who spends too much of his own money and pretends that he/she doesn't. Most mmos are p2w and its a fact, i don't care that much if its reasonable, meaning legit players can still reach the same goals at reasonable time not by sacrifising their personal lifes to achieve same results. I've been playing mmo games for over a decade, not 1 game was not p2w, but as everyone knows some are more p2w than others. Sadly this game falls into a category of "p2w" by  large margin. I love this game just like everyone up here, if i didn't or u guys didn't, for sure we wouldn't come here on forums and share our thoughs and when shit goes bad, there needs to be a change or it will just get worse if we don't raise our concern.   For a game which wants to enter in e-sport, they should enable multiple ways to get skills books, other than buying gold from ncsoft themselfs  (deffinately not pay to win? lmao) to be able to afford or even more laughable 1250 achievement points. I am 50 lvl 5hm fm and i have 1110 achiements points, spending 3 months + since very beginning, i still cannot afford even a skill through this way :D and whats worse these achievement points are not even shared through out the account, just like a "shared" bank tab missing for no reason what so ever.

Ncsoft has done nothing but shamed themselfs over past few months, no communication with us on any matter and it's a disgrace to say the least. It's not a way to run a succesful business in a gaming industry if u want to stay in it for a long run. If they want just to cash in while they can on an old game which "bns" is rly, then i guess we should all pack our bags and move to another game. So many issues unresolved it's not even funny, trully sadning.

P.s. I did spent a fair share of  real money, mainly on outfits etc, i don't mind spending money on a game a love, what i do mind is when game is being driven to an early grave, before it even gets a chance to retire.

1 minute ago, Tigeris said:

Anyone who says this game is not "p2w" is an ignorant or someone who spends too much of his own money and pretends that he/she doesn't. Most mmos are p2w and its a fact, i don't care that much if its reasonable, meaning legit players can still reach the same goals at reasonable time not by sacrifising their personal lifes to achieve same results. I've been playing mmo games for over a decade, not 1 game was not p2w, but as everyone knows some are more p2w than others. Sadly this game falls into a category of "p2w" by  large margin. I love this game just like everyone up here, if i didn't or u guys didn't, for sure we wouldn't come here on forums and share our thoughs and when shit goes bad, there needs to be a change or it will just get worse if we don't raise our concern.   For a game which wants to enter in e-sport, they should enable multiple ways to get skills books, other than buying gold from ncsoft themselfs  (deffinately not pay to win? lmao) to be able to afford or even more laughable 1250 achievement points. I am 50 lvl 5hm fm and i have 1110 achiements points, spending 2 months + since very beginning, i still cannot afford even a skill through this way :D and whats worse these achievement points are not even shared through out the account, just like a "shared" bank tab missing for no reason what so ever.

Ncsoft has done nothing but shamed themselfs over past few months, no communication with us on any matter and it's a disgrace to say the least. It's not a way to run a succesful business in a gaming industry if u want to stay in it for a long run. If they want just to cash in while they can on an old game which "bns" is rly, then i guess we should all pack our bags and move to another game. So many issues unresolved it's not even funny, trully sadning.

Very well said, you put my thoughts into words.

29 minutes ago, Bumlife said:

Relax and don't cry.

Yes very eloquently said. Very similar to what I've stated too in regards to making money to those people who complain about not being able to reach upgrade within a timely manner. I myself have played games for more than a decade, My first mmo was runescape and Ragnarok back in 2002-2004 and and I know how the economy of a game works or at least why people may think every f2p game will be p2w to a degree, but not completely a greedy p2w game.  Also stated about spending some money on outfits which you don't have to spend money to buy nccoins but can actually do so through hongmoon exchange which you get selling your gold via currency exchange.

1 hour ago, Mysticstrider said:

Hello. Firstly, no offense or anything but you sound very ignorant and unaware.

I stop reading after this sentence, you said no offense but right away in the same sentence you insult the person.

28 minutes ago, Tigeris said:

Most mmos are p2w and its a fact,

uhh i don't mean to disagree but YOU are dead wrong... in fact most MMO's are in fact NOT p2w, its a really common misconception in fact i'm going to argue that this game isn't p2w more pay to progress. Its what i like to call " borderline " p2w, because you CAN technically buy power, but a free player can additionally still gain that same level of power they just have to grind a bit more. 

WoW p2w? no i dont think so, you have to " pay " for a sub but that subscription gives you access to everything, you just have to put the time and effort into getting those things...

Wild Star? everything i've seen tells me even as a f2p game most of whats offered is either a booster (exp, gold ect) or cosmetic mostly house items. No again not p2w

CoH/V? before it died was not p2w i cant recall one item that gave power they literally just sold costume parts i dont recall mods or anything being sold...

i could go on and on and on... yes there are p2w mmo's out there but blade and soul actually falls in the " pay to progress " area... am i fan? no i think everyone should have to put the time into the game but even with that aside. The current emblems are there to help returning and new players/alts get through that progression faster, AND still doesn't address the real problem at all... trans stones and soul stones being needed in massive quantities... and the amount of gold it requires to do anything in game. The game has its problems and they are problems i myself am not a fan of HOWEVER the games not P2W.

Pay To Win

Definition: the ability for a paying player, to gain unfair advantages over free players, such as buying gear, or items that are EXCLUSIVE to the item shop that give marginal boosts to that player. For example, a costume that has +2000 hp on it, or a weapon skin that gives +400 ap. 

That is pay to win... what we have here is pay to skip some grind... which eh i'm ok with ... now... put soul stones in the shop, along with trans stones... and i'd be a much happier customer... i mean all other crafting profs are useless LETS just make others useless to.

1 hour ago, Immortal Technique said:

Have a good think about it. You pay IRL cash for NCoins, you buy gold, you upgrade your weapons and accessories then get into new content dungeons, do enough damage to faction bosses for loot, kill players easier = winning. 

How is that NOT pay 2 win?

Because you can do the rest of what you said without Ncoins. It just takes longer. So that's pay 4 progress/convenience. Not the same.

So no, you really don't know what P2W really means these days.

Archived