Tips for someone who is JUST starting this game?

OPAZN

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Virtue said:

assassin master race

if you want high pop, mushin is the place to be.

i reccomend choosing the dominant factiion on your server, otherwise world pvp and faction quests will be filled with misery.

I was already gonna play the Assasin

I just hope the game isnt dead. Thats my biggest fear

My advice uninstall the game, before you enter like it and then when you reach 45  the reality of this game is disappointment and you want to progress  this week  well   we accept visa  paypal and other metods, oh you want to play free well maybe next year  you will get  there if we don't update the loot tables so it takes more :)).

Play whatever char you want is a good game  until  the game just shoves in your face a big middle finger with forced pvp (you will see)   with really bad performance  on a really good rig :) 

Just now, TheHorror said:

My advice uninstall the game, before you enter like it and then when you reach 45  the reality of this game is disappointment and you want to progress  this week  well   we accept visa  paypal and other metods, oh you want to play free well maybe next year  you will get  there if we don't update the loot tables so it takes more :)).

Play whatever char you want is a good game  until  the game just shoves in your face a big middle finger with forced pvp (you will see)   with really bad performance  on a really good rig :) 

I dont mind force PVP, im playing this game purely for PVP. 

What do you mean by " when you reach 45  the reality of this game is disappointment "

2 minutes ago, Guacamole said:

The game is far from dead right now, I leveled a character 2-3 weeks ago give or take and I had no issues finding people for my instances and such.

I dont't mean finding people for instances I mean finding people out and about for World PVP, do you find people actually out in the world

2 minutes ago, OPAZN said:

Can someone explain to me How World PVP works in this game

Wolrd PVP is selective, you have to wear an outfit from a faction (Like the main ones: Crimson vs Cerulean) and then those who wear one from the opposing faction can kill you.

There are optional quests that require you to wear it, so you will find people like that mostly in those places, but other than that the world area is mostly PVE, there's always the arena if you want to focus on PVP.

2 minutes ago, OPAZN said:

There are 5 outfits you can wear and each type will flag you open for pvp with the conflicted one. Most of the time you will use your faction outfit for dailies.

3 minutes ago, Guacamole said:

Wolrd PVP is selective, you have to wear an outfit from a faction (Like the main ones: Crimson vs Cerulean) and then those who wear one from the opposing faction can kill you.

There are optional quests that require you to wear it, so you will find people like that mostly in those places, but other than that the world area is mostly PVE, there's always the arena if you want to focus on PVP.

1 minute ago, BlueBlue said:

There are 5 outfits you can wear and each type will flag you open for pvp with the conflicted one. Most of the time you will use your faction outfit for dailies.

Ok thanks guys gonna give this a go

Ive played a shit ton of different MMORPGs int he past ill see how this runs

Play the game  and  at some point you will be back on the forums ranting like everybody else :)) 

3 minutes ago, OPAZN said:

Well  OWPVP is a pve-pvp zone where you need to do quests  while a gang of  lvl 50 players  with 60k HP   will *cricket* you  if you are not in the dominating  faction,  while you just have 15k HP

Try to join the strongest faction on your server. Upgrade all of your equipment as you go (soulshields, accessories, weapons). Use dragon pillars for dungeons when available (or hit F8). Assassin is a good choice. Once you reach a certain point you can adjust your skills as you want them. I dunno.... I guess I only have basic suggestions.

Do give the game a try though. I've been playing since January and still loving it.

6 minutes ago, Guacamole said:

Yup, there's also PvP arena where people can gain ranks to show off and get better quantities of soulstones for use from dragon certificates you get from the new dungeons.

25 minutes ago, OPAZN said:

I dont mind force PVP, im playing this game purely for PVP. 

What do you mean by " when you reach 45  the reality of this game is disappointment "

I dont't mean finding people for instances I mean finding people out and about for World PVP, do you find people actually out in the world

Since you're interested only in PVP, you'll have no problems (arena I hope, because owpvp is a different matter).
If you're interested in PVE, roll a ranged or you're *cricket*ed. For real. You can't farm and can't progress endgame as a melee.

The consensus is you should just play the game and see for yourself. NEVER let random people on the internet sway you one way or the other. If you do you will go in with a skewed perception and not have a natural experience. imho the game is great. Been on bns for  2 years now. But go in and play it to see for yourself. Its definitely far from dead.

If you want, make your char on mushin & we can play : )

Please ignore the crybaby whiners in this forum. They hang out here because they don't care for the game and have nothing else to do in their lives. The game is doing just fine and I'm quite enjoying it. The combat is very engaging, the PvE is getting better with each content update and the PvP is starting to be more balanced other than easy mode summoners. If you like PvP then you will love the arena. OW-PvP, not so much.

The cons of this game are bots, bad optimization/performance in high traffic zones. PvE is a little unbalanced towards ranged classes at the moment but its nothing terribly severe. Also faction balance is atrocious hence why OW-PvP is almost non existant.

I honestly wish the moderators would create an Off-Topic thread for people to discuss other games and not have it in General Discussion. Seriously, other game's forums would ban people for mentioning other MMOs by name.

Save alot of your money... take the extra 20 minutes to go back and fourth from place to place. Also save all the stuff you get... it will come in handy at some point or another. Also keep up with your weapons constantly!!!!!! Don't let it get to far behind because then you have go back and redo a bunch of stuff that you already did.. oh yea and do all the fricken side quests it will help in the long run.

Archived