Can't get more than 15fps on a decent laptop

Alerionx3

So, I installed the game today, however I can't get more than 15 fps (totally unplayable for me). My specs:

Windows 8.1 Pro

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4702MQ CPU @ 2.20GHz (boost to 3.2GHz)

RAM: 8gb

Nvidia GeForce GTX 760M

Integrated Graphics Card (I have the feeling the game uses it altho I've already specified that I want it to use the nvdia one form the nvdia control panel): Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

I saw a lot of posts on the internet regarding the same issue, however none of the things I've tried are working. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

First, this game is extremely poor optimization on the Dev. team part and nothing you can't do about that.

Second, if you are using Asus gameing laptop then uninstall those Asus gaming services, cause NCsoft couldn't figure out why their game having issue with those applications.

Third, try or use lower the graphics setting setting.

After all that and nothing improvement I would say forget this game, uninstall and move on :) there are better game for your system and run flawlessly on you laptop like FFXIV.

First of all, your laptop is only mid range. Secondly, you can't expect a 10 years old game to optimize on next gen hardwares.

oh btw, did you ever check your core temperatures? it might be thermal throttling since you are on a overclocked laptop. Lower your clock to stock and see if it's any better 'cause 2.2 to 3.2 ghz is just too big of a jump i can imagine on a laptop.

45 minutes ago, ScarletAcacia said:

First of all, your laptop is only mid range. Secondly, you can't expect a 10 years old game to optimize on next gen hardwares.

oh btw, did you ever check your core temperatures? it might be thermal throttling since you are on a overclocked laptop. Lower your clock to stock and see if it's any better 'cause 2.2 to 3.2 ghz is just too big of a jump i can imagine on a laptop.

You literally call him an idiot if you're trying to say it might be a heat problem.

This game is optimized like crap,that's just it.

For OP:

Some people with a gtx 970 gets 20 fps while some with a  radeon 6850 might get 50-60,it's just a lottery really and you lost it like me,nothing related to hardware since i get same fps in all settings lul.
Tho you have more options than me since you're using nvidia ,try messing with some settings from ur graphics card panel,might work.

14 minutes ago, HailNKill said:

You literally call him an idiot if you're trying to say it might be a heat problem.

This game is optimized like crap,that's just it.

Why would I mean that at the first place? I was simply helping out. It is actually quite surprising that so many laptops have overheat problems even at stock speed. I have a friend who had just purchased a i7 6700hq (8g ram, gtx 960m) laptop which has lower power consumption rating but still has overheating problems at stock speed running any games.

If you are on a laptop chances are that it still uses the intel integrated graphics, so make sure you make a profile for client.exe. Second in that profile switch on Threaded Optimization, Prefer Maximum Performance, and Single Display Performance (provided that you only have 1 monitor), then also make sure you run in High performance mode and plugged in, balanced sucks on laptops for games. Before anyone jumps to conclusions. If it still sucks try removing shadows (slide both sliders in settings to 1, they consume a LOT of resources).

I have an i5-5200U 2.2ghz (2.7ghz boost) and a 930m nvidia with 2gb dedicated Vram, and intel graphics 5500, 8GB Ram. And I get anywhere from 35 to 80fps.

I agree that the game is not optimized well.

However, my old rig (a10-5800k (apu disabled; oc from 3.8 to 4.3), hd 7850 oc (forgot the numbers)) and still over 20 fps most of the time with mid-high setting.

The point is that some settings might need to be tweaked on a laptop since laptops are generally not for best experience gaming, as Mucski said.

1 minute ago, HailNKill said:

Because it's not hard to tell if your laptop is overheating or not.
And i doubt he has problems with any other games than bns.

let's say Asus Rog GLl552VW for example, iirc the thermal throttling point is 74 degree Celsius (or somewhere around that). Although asus has addressed the issue and increase it to 85, but still most ppl don't flash their bios and it's still 74. 74 degree isn't really a noticeable temperature especially this is talking about cpu core temp.

Archived