possible phishing attempt?

Jixua

I've been getting e-mails that someone is trying to access my account from an unverified location saying to contact NCsupport.  so I filed a quick ticket with them and got a response saying that they can't verify my account and need a bunch of additional information which immediately stood out as a typical phishing tactic.  But I accessed this through the official ncsoft support site so I'm confused about the situation.

The emails you get mean that someone more than likely has your password, and are attempting to log in.  If you try and log into your NCSoft account and can get in then chances are they are unsuccessful, as usually the first thing they do is change the email.

I would recommend first ensuring your email is secure, then change your password on your NCSoft account.

If you try and log into your account and cannot (which I don't think is the case because you said you opened a ticket) then you would need to go through the account recovery process.

NCSoft will always verify your identity before working on any aspect of your account.  This is to stop hackers who cannot access your email from contacting support after getting your password, and  having them change the email for them.

If you don't want to trust the email, just log into the NCSoft account, go to support in upper right, click on the game you opened the ticket for, click on my tickets, and read/update from there.

But as long as the reply of the email is going to support@bladeandsoul-support.zendesk.com you are fine.

Archived