@all these elitists in BnS

Koter

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see this both ways. On one hand I don't think anyone should be called a noob once they have reached a certain level. However, I completely understand people becoming frustrated with you for entering a dungeon that you are not equipped for. I consider myself to be a semi-serious gamer in BNS, but my gear is not where I want it to be and because of that I'm avoiding the top three dungeons for now. So I'm being patient while I upgrade my gear so that when I do enter those dungeons I will help the party instead of dragging it down and pissing everyone off.

15 minutes ago, Profyrion said:

If you have the skill but not the gear (because let's face it, gearing is 99% time-based in MMOs) then you shouldn't have any problems proving it.

So... do that.  Oh you're diamond ranked 1V1 with Awakened Infernal weapon?  That's what I'm talking about.  Gear is not a direct reflection of skill.  It is only an indicator of time spent.  Elitists who fail to realize that only show themselves to be frauds.

do you know thaT pvp is gear equalized and pve is gear dependent right?

Had quite a grin when i read the entry post. WoW heroic and hardest content ... and well, welcome to the casual player world. I bet (and i am 100% sure i can not loose this bet) that even your guild or guild mates or even you did this bs back in your wow days. Calling people noob or looking for xyz dps shit

Elitists in BnS are nothing new. I've played mmos for over 10 years now and there's always predictable, egocentric players. As soon as you see one, block them. 

The difference over the years is that they're getting more and more toxic because they've come from 'the pits' AKA games like LoL & DOTA, etc. In general, they're more sensitive these days, since they're the younger generation of gamers - they lack social skills and most of them are quite edgy, but you'll meet a lot of nice people so don't lose hope,

Well, my only advice to the OP is to let go and keep playing your way. If you enrage others by being low geared or low skilled, then you may be better off looking for friends and getting a static group to do dungeons with. Or getting better geared and better skilled to play with them. Elitists are an annoyance but they are everywhere and at least over NA, they have the right (for better or worse) to speak their minds. So no way to really prevent anyone out there from calling anyone else a noob. Just chill. Don't get mad and keep having fun with the game.

Ill do guild runs for under geared members, to help them get gear/learn mechanics. If I go to a pug via the dungeon finder I except the other players to be geared. I wont bother trying to find out if your a good player or a bad player or if your lack of dps/attack power is gonna make a boss enrage. Just like in WoW when the game wouldnt let you join an instance with out a specific gear score... People who are strangers should not be expected to carry you threw an instance cause you think you can do it, or even if you can I shouldnt have to waste time. I want a fast good group.

Your problem is not the elite, your problem is the effort your putting in and crap. Do guild runs, make friends, ask people to carry you or help you learn or whatever and they will. Show up to a party when the group is supposed to have a specific attack power without it and you should get kicked. Go grind for a few days solo and get better gear like I did... 

4 hours ago, Profyrion said:

If you have the skill but not the gear (because let's face it, gearing is 99% time-based in MMOs) then you shouldn't have any problems proving it.

So... do that.  Oh you're diamond ranked 1V1 with Awakened Infernal weapon?  That's what I'm talking about.  Gear is not a direct reflection of skill.  It is only an indicator of time spent.  Elitists who fail to realize that only show themselves to be frauds.

Exactly this^^^

I think it's more that, consistently, people in PuGs are so amazingly incompetent together and make even the easiest dungeon that you could run easily with 3 friends into a catastrophe with 6.

Are some people efficient and effective with low gear? Sure. But what's the chance the three undergeared people in your party are THOSE efficient, competent people? Slim. At least if you say, X idiot has 500 AP, even if he's just left clicking and accidentally hitting a skill or two half the time, he's bound to be doing decent damage and helping. It limits the chance of a raid becoming a catastrophe and completely failing if at least they're SO geared they almost can't mess it up. That's most people's reasoning, most likely. 

On 3/30/2016 at 8:55 PM, iSorath said:

Hard to give input without proper context, but I would say being called a noob is 100% deserved if it happened because you joined a dungeon you weren't qualified for and made the run miserable. Sadly, the enrage timers in this game make it one big gear check.

You gotta love those 475AP+ easy button requirements for dungeons that was only asking for 375~400AP last week. But yeah, I do have to agree with OP tho. Lately there are way too may elitist thinking AP is more important over skill.

4 hours ago, Koter said:

Exactly this^^^

Firstly, if you dared to bring an Infernal Weapon, to any of the Big 3 purple dungeons right now. 

No matter how skilled you are, you can never fulfill your portion of the DPS for the boss fights. And all 3 bosses have enrage timers.

If you are missing the AP requirement by a small bit (~30ap), I'm sure some will actually see the fact that you are plat/diamond pvp and give you a chance. But no one is expected to do so.

3 hours ago, AttacKat said:

You gotta love those 475AP+ easy button requirements for dungeons that was only asking for 375~400AP last week. But yeah, I do have to agree with OP tho. Lately there are way too may elitist thinking AP is more important over skill.

The reason for this is there is no 'skill gauge' for people to rate your skills in this game. 

Instead of gambling on that 'skilled' player with poor gear. People want to get a certainty, which is decent gear.

If one can get 470AP right now, no matter how bad a player he/she is, just mashing some buttons will contribute a significant amount of damage. The run isn't ruined.
He can die to mechanics, sure, but that only comes usually at the middle-end point of the fight
(Scorpion stomp = middle-end, Yeti ice only gets dangerous past 50%, snake just a dps race)

If one has only 400AP, it is going to depend a lot on his 'skill level' to actually contribute sufficiently to the run.
Why risk it? Just wait in lobby for 5-15mins for a higher AP player, and lower your risk of a failed run entirely. 

No one is doing charity here, definitely not NA/EU players, definitely not on cross-servers.

No one is expected to 'give you a chance to prove yourself, with low gear' at the cost of 30mins-1hr of their time.

Oh... and I have never gotten to doing cross-server for any of the new big 3 yet, but from what I can see from pre-made runs, I sure as hell won't pull in a 400AP and below for any runs should I attempt cross-server. Too much of a wipe risk.

This game could really use a gear rating lock on it's dungeons. Sure, people will still find other reasons to complain and it won't stop geared but unskilled players to go into those but at least weak gear won't be an issue.

28 minutes ago, Fatalito said:

This game could really use a gear rating lock on it's dungeons. Sure, people will still find other reasons to complain and it won't stop geared but unskilled players to go into those but at least weak gear won't be an issue.

No thats an awful idea. Why in the world would Blizzard keep casuals from experiencing the new content lol? No just no dude.

Imagine your a new player that just hit 50 and want to see all the new content but you cant because of gear restrictions. how would that make you feel as a new player? Pretty ticked off no?

Ya, they hit 50 and immediatelly they want see all, including 4 man hard dungs. They simply cant do a shit here.

My reason to seek players with similar AP (high 500+) is simply about time. More AP more dmg, less time in dung. I dont know if they are skilled or not, but i dont know it about low AP either. So better have AP high in group than low one anyway. I always go through dung with players with my AP range (except guild, there u helping guildies), so why would i going with someone who have much more lower AP than i have. 

Besides, high AP never do LFP, they always pick players.

Iam playing about 3 hours per day...so no 24/7.

6 hours ago, SeroZeroes said:

If one can get 470AP right now, no matter how bad a player he/she is, just mashing some buttons will contribute a significant amount of damage. The run isn't ruined.
He can die to mechanics, sure, but that only comes usually at the middle-end point of the fight
(Scorpion stomp = middle-end, Yeti ice only gets dangerous past 50%, snake just a dps race)

If one has only 400AP, it is going to depend a lot on his 'skill level' to actually contribute sufficiently to the run.
Why risk it? Just wait in lobby for 5-15mins for a higher AP player, and lower your risk of a failed run entirely. 

And place the whole player base on the elitist Min-AP-required-lack-of-skill tack. Because everyone now will just focus on pushing max AP ASAP because they will do just tthe smash-dps easy button and never learn the mechanics of the fights way to play this game.

1 hour ago, Lennethka said:

My reason to seek players with similar AP (high 500+) is simply about time. More AP more dmg, less time in dung. I dont know if they are skilled or not, but i dont know it about low AP either. So better have AP high in group than low one anyway.

My SMN has ~450 AP, but I have done all zeiwai dungeons in PUG with similar AP. Yes, 500AP helps on the DPS, but if you have 6 players with ~3000AP and 1 being unskilled (some rich f*ck that NCoin'd their way to 500AP), that becomes 2000~2500AP when you have a dead body on the ground in that last 10~15% of the critical fight, it usually translates to a wipe. A skilled ~450AP group will still have 2700AP. The 450AP group may take 30 seconds longer, but at least they are least likely to wipe.

Keep demanding 500AP in a 400AP dungeon and you will only see more and more of those 500AP NCoin players.

Devil's Advocate: I see plenty of dungeon where the rest of the crew is 50hm3-6. All AP over 450. Naryu last night. My AP is only 359. They talks trash to me at every turn. And I'm like - wait, who was drawing Ido's aggro 100%? Me. We get to Fujin and Raijin, and we nearly finish, but they hit rage and go ape**** on us. They all talk trash to me and leave the party. I recruit 5 more guys, top ap is 417. We finish it. And I am a noob. I've only run this dungeon about 7 times.

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 11:46 PM, Bezerko said:

Back in my day, we walked uphill to school both ways, barefoot, in 6 feet of snow...

...and we LIKED IT.

Young whippersnappers these days.

Lol, right. Not both ways though.

3 hours ago, Lennethka said:

My reason to seek players with similar AP (high 500+) is simply about time.

If you seek people 500+, it's completely fine. I see such parties requests all the time and it's understandable.

However, it is not fine to enter a random party and start offending lower-geared people... as probably not you, but many other do. Or leave without reason. Or stay inactive, which is actually worst, having in mind there is no kick option.

Back in my day we didn't had computers,internet,the TV was a monster size with elephant weight...we had ataris 4mb video games,a bit later nintendo and terminators...at some point later on when I was teen in high school I had SEGA 16 MB ! :D

OP your post would be relevant if it was like " Hey My nick in the Korean BNS server "insert some weird name here" is and I was diamond here a proof<insert pic of the score> and you are noone to tell me blabla"....then again if that was the case you could just like us know how to make money and you`ll have nice gear...just like us,the experienced players.I'm true breeze,soon full accessories and I have 200 Moonstone keys and few thousands Darts....why? Because as I said I know t he game,and like me are many.We do not play 24/7 we just know the market.

Wow and BnS has nothing in common.I was one of the top EEs(ES)at my L2 server(Retail,no Pirate) from somewhere back at 2003rd to Hellbound(When I quit)at some point back in 2009.So what? Does someone give a damn? Simple answer - no.

To the point.For yeti 6 if I know 2 people in the group and I know ther dmg I would take 3 less geared/less skilled player.I don't mind that,but for 4 man dungeons? I'm *cricket*ing elitist and will demand you to know the dung and to have suficient stats.Deal with it.

On 3/30/2016 at 5:50 PM, Koter said:

Let me tell you I was a hardcore raider back in my World of Warcraft days. I am now a casual player cause I don't have time to devote myself to a game 24/7 like I used to. But keep that in mind just cause you play this game 24/7 doesnt mean your any better than us casual players. You have to realize just cause we dont have the same gear as you do doesnt mean we're bad at the game. heck back in my day, when i used to play WoW I was in one of the best guilds on my server, AND we always pushed heroic content which in world of warcraft was the hardest contest you could do. So keep that in mind next time you call someone a noob just cause they dont have the same gear you have dude.

congrats this isnt world of warcraft if your gear isnt up to par then you are a noob/scrub/dead weight plain and simple. if i recall if you didn't have a certain ilvl or gear score in world of warcraft you were considered a noob/scrub/dead weight as well.

On 3/30/2016 at 7:50 PM, Koter said:

Let me tell you I was a hardcore raider back in my World of Warcraft days. I am now a casual player cause I don't have time to devote myself to a game 24/7 like I used to. But keep that in mind just cause you play this game 24/7 doesnt mean your any better than us casual players. You have to realize just cause we dont have the same gear as you do doesnt mean we're bad at the game. heck back in my day, when i used to play WoW I was in one of the best guilds on my server, AND we always pushed heroic content which in world of warcraft was the hardest contest you could do. So keep that in mind next time you call someone a noob just cause they dont have the same gear you have dude.

You don't do your cause any good by calling people names and bashing them for having more time than you to play.

If there is no truth to what someone says then don't give it any credit. It's just noise; no sense taking offense, really. It's about the person that tried to belittle you, not you. Try to remember that next time someone is getting under your skin. :)

Dont worry i just send 50 lvl, HM 5 lvl and some HM skills arogant BD (he have time to talk to me in arena) with me 47 HM2 BD to Valhala. He call me noob after two losed rounds.

Elitist is cancer, but in most cases they can do shit. No cary about these idiots. Block and live in the peace!

I never kick member with lower gear or less skill. Why? He can stun, grab, grip and just helping us. Just talk to him and admonished him to be carefull and staz alive. And WHOAAAAA, we always did dungeon. 5 min longer. HAHAHAHA

Archived