Forums

Will you donate 3g to your clan every day?

Passel

It's purely up to the clan leader and his trusted advisers to whether they wish to implement a taxing system to help the clan grow. In regards to my clan, we have purely worked on growing the clan by donations alone, and fun incentives given by me or my vets on discord. There are multiple variations to contributing to your clan, but if you do not wish to join a clan for their taxing system, there should be another clan that fits your needs. :^)

If he´s asking for just 3g and no Soulstones that means he want to get the gold on his character instead of clan donation? So i would say he just want to make cash for his own EQ Upgrades.

Dude just leave the clan and give the other members a hint to do the same. 3g a DAY is heavy way too much. 3g per week and a few Soulstones would be enough to rank up pretty fast with ur guild.

1 hour ago, Kaida said:

No clan should try to make you pay if you don't want to (or can't afford it). A donation should be just that, a donation. 

EDIT: I'm a clan leader and even I wouldn't donate 3g to my clan every day.

Same.
Clan leader, I won't ask anyone to donate.
People are supposed to enjoy the game, having "taxes" kinda defies the point.

I haven't joined a clan yet, that said I don't think its worth paying 3g... or being in that clan of yours if the Leader is demanding it from members.

Joining a clan doesn't mean you have to be 100% donor and pay everyday. If you have other ways of contributing to clan (like helping members do dailies and so on) that's equally as good if not better than donating 3g everyday. 

A high ranked clan with a bunch of low geared/unhelpful people is useless in comparison to a low rank clan with helpful people and have decent gear. 

If anything, I would just encourage donations once people are in the clan for a long period of time. Ask any hardcore players in your guild who you do dailies with everyday just to donate a gold or two a week.

I'm on the fence about this.As a clan leader myself I do ask for donations but whenever they want to donate, and whatever they want to put in but it depends on what type of clan it is and if there were prior terms that donation would be a thing that was agreed upon before joining, and the standards of the entire clan for whether its progressing towards endgame content or just starting out. 3g a day is steep if you don't have your gear upgraded or you're casually playing. For people who make over 20/50g a day its not asking too much, but if you're doing the bare minimum dailies and only play a little bit at a time it can become a lot. I think donation should be based on the income someone brings in or rank them to what you want to be donated, but as a leader its important to understand what everyone would like out of the clan, and to not make a decision solely on your own, since its a team effort to upgrade a clan in the first place unless your loaded. People are more likely to donate if they're comfortable in the environment and respect the clan enough to do what they can to see the clan prosper, but there needs to be compromises and good relationships which is how most people end up in clans to begin with.

However one person's operations for a clan that may not work with one person can work for someone else, so even if people leave, other people may join depending on the structure of the clan. If you're not tied to the clan in any way leaving is an option, but if you enjoy the environment and want to see it prosper then communicating it directly to the leader would be better and come up with a compromise that can suit everyone comfortably.

My guild leader has put in place a system of 1 Gold and 10 Soulstones a week for every member above level 45. I find that okay to begin with as people need money for their equipment, not to mention Soulstones... Having just reached level 50 today I finally feel ready for SSP where you get 60 SS if you only do dailies. If you stay there for a day, have the rank or means to upgrade your PP capacity, you can do miracle with the amount of SS you can earn.

If you like the clan, talk to the leader and other members. See if an agreeable compromise can be reached. If yes, stay, if no compromise can be made, then the next move is yours. If you have friends in the clan, talk to them about your plans. If a number of players object to the leader's plan, he may revisit his decision. Particularly if he is liable to lose members over it.

If you do not really like the guild, and have no real friends in it, I would still tell the Leader that you can not afford 3 Gold a day and that you have to leave. Don't just disappear.  But there is not much point in debating with the leader over his plan or compromising over a Clan that you are not invested in.

Michelle

The clan that i'm a member off has a 7g, 20soulstones p/week donation req. I don't mind, since we've been doing this our clan has leveled up a lot. We're now rank13 with 72 active members and a costume on its way. 3g a day is too much, and why gold anyways? soulstones are used a lot more for clan activities.

Honestly, 3g a day is a bit steep. Especially if people are only making 10g+ a day on average.

5g + some soulstones per week would be a better solution if the clan leader was going to implement some type of donation requirement.

After reading this thread though, I'm thinking of doing something like this(weekly donation I mean) since my clan is still struggling to level.

I try to donate the minimum amount every day (1gold and 10 soulstones), but we encourage those who are still working on their gear to focus on that rather than trying to donate to the clan. Some of the benefits are nice at higher levels, but getting better gear is more important to us. Those who are doing end game content and getting a lot of gold on a daily basis tend to donate more frequently or higher amounts, but it still isn't a requirement.

Since i'm not even near to top tier weapon and accessories i would mind for donation that can be conserved for my progression, to be useful when in pt and such. Is not just about money, those were my hours of time too. Is one of the main reason i'm staying guild-less for now.

3 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Aside from the ease of meeting people who can help each other and not having to rely on PUGs as often? It's a matter of finding the right clan, really.

well that is true, but i mean like who would donate gold to their clan if you can just join another clan as decent but only free of charge.

1 minute ago, GlowLight said:

well that is true, but i mean like who would donate gold to their clan if you can just join another clan as decent but only free of charge.

Fair enough. Then again, that's a matter of common sense and being reasonable with the donation requests. CoolGirl's post is an example of how to do it right:

7 minutes ago, CoolGirl said:

I try to donate the minimum amount every day (1gold and 10 soulstones), but we encourage those who are still working on their gear to focus on that rather than trying to donate to the clan. Some of the benefits are nice at higher levels, but getting better gear is more important to us. Those who are doing end game content and getting a lot of gold on a daily basis tend to donate more frequently or higher amounts, but it still isn't a requirement.

1 minute ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Fair enough. Then again, that's a matter of common sense and being reasonable with the donation requests. CoolGirl's post is an example of how to do it right:

you state your opinion, i state mine, fair enough. xD

3g a day is indeed rather steep (like a lot already said).

I do however think that clan members should donate at least 1g a week and like.. 10 soulstones, just so that the clan can actually go up in ranking, because otherwise it'll either just stay at a really low ranking (=almost no benefits) OR the progression will go super slowly. 

I'd recommend those that're still gearing up and such to just donate once they're geared properly, since that's more important xD...

I wouldn't donate to a guild fee unless A. It was high end and doing end-game content constantly and B. I was a highly active end-game player. Anything else just seems like the leader might eventually kick you for whatever reason and take all your stuff for free.

If your guild leader is pathetic and has no sense of dignity to the point where he forces you to donate, no matter what the cost, it's time to leave. It's a matter of principle. Any good league/guild will have you wanting to donate at your leisure out of your good will because you truly enjoy and appreciate the clan. Unless you are just a scummy cheapskate in general. But in this case, 3g a day is ridiculous to pay even if you wanted to

Archived