Ticket Resolution Time?

Hey peoples,

Looks like a third party cracked my super secure password (sarcasm) and hijacked my account and went on an NCOIN spending spree, ect, ect.

I have everything taken care of, and submitted a ticket to get my account back/fixed and I am just wondering what people are seeing as the time to resolution on these tickets?

Thanks!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, the first line of my ticket is: "...the account has been hacked, the email was changed from xxx@xxx.com,..."

7 and half hours later I finally get a response... "It appears that the name on the ""xxx@xxx.com"" account was recently changed. Did you update the email for this account? If so, what is the new email that you used?"

So, genuine questions: Does NCSoft actually read the tickets we submit?  Because I uploaded photos, showing every possible evidence piece I could muster, and clearly stated what happened, what times it happened, ect... and the response literally accounted for none of it. 

Secondly, should I just plan on this taking days?  I responded to them an hour and a half ago reiterating what happened and what I need, and no response yet.

Not rage post, just wanting to set expectations on a timeline.

I'm in the exact same situation, looked at my bank account yesterday and noticed there was 5 charges of around $100 US. When I checked with my bank about the charges they said they had been made to my Visa Debit card from a company called Digital River Ireland. I checked my statement further and found an earlier purchase I had made of NC Coins was through this company so I tried to log onto my account to check if any transactions had been made. I could not log on at all and when I tried to send a password reset it said there was no account attached to this email. I was then able to make a new account with the same email I had used earlier so I could send tickets to NC Soft.

I have sent tickets to both the in game support and Fraud department but its now been over 24 hours and the only responses I've had are generic customer service crap asking for details which I've mostly already given and the same response about my email being changed....

I also did not receive any emails about any account changes or purchases so it seems like someone was able to get onto my account online and change all the details without any verification whatsoever.

I can understand the support being busy and having long wait times but something like this should be top priority. I can live without getting the account back but right now I'm out a lot of money and will probably have to go through a dispute process with my bank to get it back.

Yeah, the first thing I did was contact my bank, and had them hold the processing of the charges.  I didn't want to straight up reverse them because I have heard of NCSoft perma-banning for that and I don't want to risk it.

The more I re-read the customer service reps response the more disheartening I become, they literally read nothing I wrote in my ticket.  Just read a few words and copy/pasted some response.  I uploaded everything they need pre-emptively, sans a DNA sample.

I understand this will take some time, but them wasting time in the process is kind of funny.  They are busy so tickets pile up, but the MTTR is going up because they aren't properly handling.  Vicious circle of death!

Hope your issue gets resolved quick!  Let me know if you make progress and how long each stage takes so I can temper my expectations :D

Unfortunately my bank says they can't do anything until the payment is actually cleared and then I need to go through the dispute process unless NCSoft cancels it from their end which I don't have high hopes on considering there response so far.

What I can't understand is how someone was able to access my account and change the email without first needing some sort of confirmation.

Yeah, they must have a really weak API or something that is easily busted. 

I have 2FA on my email, and it text me whenever anyone but me and my approved IP's attempt to access or even when its successful and its not on my white list, so I know they did not get into my email.  But I got the NCSoft email of "someone from IP blah blah blah attempted to access your account, enter pin ******* to log in".  So they still were able to get into my account, and go on a shopping spree, even without the login pin.  Either their pin security is weak, or there is an exploit that they used.

Luckily I checked the online character viewer and it looks like they didn't get on my toon and strip it, and I talked to my buddy who is a late nighter and he says he didn't see me come on that he was aware of, so hopefully that means they weren't able to get/change my toon pin.

Sucks about the bank though dude, hopefully you get resolution from NCSoft soon.

Just lost faith I will ever get my account back.  Over 13 hours for the response, and they just asked for more info, info they could have gathered from my first responses, so I explicitly reiterated the facts again, I even gave every IP that I ever logged in from.  I already uploaded a photo of the card I used to purchase the game pack for pre-order, and a photo ID of me with my current billing address, and told them I was hacked and the email changed.  I really wish there were time expectations set up front, or that tickets were checked on more than once every 12 hours.

edit - meh sounded a little more dramatic than I intended, but the sentiment remains.  I am a little disappointed in the customer service, but I am still hopefull of regaining access.

Don't lose all hope, I now have my account back after they migrated it to a new email, its missing a bit of gold but I didn't have a lot to begin with.

I can see in my transaction list that there was indeed 5 lots of 8000 NC coins charged to my credit card but it says refunded under them so hopefully I will have the money back soon without having to go through the dispute process. 

They took 24 hours to reply, and did nothing.  They asked me the very first question that they asked me, word for word, that was not only answered by me after the first time they asked, but I reiterated in my next response after that, twice, but it is also in the main information of my ticket.

I think I will just dispute every charge I made for this game, and just accept that NCSoft isn't able to assist me and move on.

Good luck everyone!

Doubt there really is a way to do that.

From the experience i had, and once they handled my ticket, each time i replied i received a response within 5-10 minutes till ticket closure.

Then again depends on the issue you are facing.

51 minutes ago, GoatSploat said:

Just wondering if there is a way to escalate a support ticket, or a way to actually talk to someone.  My ticket is being handled... poorly/inappropriately, and just want to break the cycle.

I guess reaching out on forums and getting one of the actual GMs is the only way. Otherwise it'll probably keep getting tossed between random people in support and copypaste answers.

Thanks guys.  They are taking ~24 hours to respond each time, and they are asking me the same questions over and over, even though they were answered in the initial ticket, and then in my responses several times.

I just want someone to read it so we can move on haha.

I will wait until after the account maintenance to attempt to break the cycle, again.

• NCSOFT

Hi,

We are sorry to hear about your account and should be able to get it back to you as soon as a Customer Service agent gets to your ticket.

There's a few things you can do to help right away, the first would be to change the password on your email account to something you have never used before, and consider using the mobile authenticator if you can. If you have saved any card details on your account it would be a good idea to let your bank know your account has been compromised and that they may be making fraudulent purchases.

Also, it's best to resist the temptation to bump your ticket as this actually puts it to the back of the queue.

Hope that helps, you should get your account back soon.

Team Blade & Soul

13 minutes ago, PhoenixMitra said:

Also, it's best to resist the temptation to bump your ticket as this actually puts it to the back of the queue.

Thank you for this info, I was unaware of this.

14 minutes ago, PhoenixMitra said:

the first would be to change the password on your email account to something you have never used before, and consider using the mobile authenticator if you can. If you have saved any card details on your account it would be a good idea to let your bank know your account has been compromised and that they may be making fraudulent purchases.

My email account wasn't compromised, as I have 2FA authentication on it, and it looks like my characters got away unscathed, judging but the look of them from the online character viewer, only my main account was affected as they changed the email, and I'm assuming/hoping it was locked/banned before they got into the characters.  As soon as I get access to the account I will definitely put 2FA on it as well, as I was unaware it existed for these accounts.  I have already had the bank reverse all the fraudulent chargeds.

I appreciate the response, and hope that someone will read my ticket instead of asking me for the same info over and over.  Been 48 hours now and I keep getting asked "Did you change your email?".

GL dude getting your account back. i am in same boat as you. got hacked yesterday.

I was waiting for the 1st reply from them for about 6 hours.. than i exchanged like 2-3 times info with them in about half hour.

Than it took another 8 hours to respond. And now i am waiting for about 6-7 hours again if they respond to my last reply.

They asked me same questions as you have been asked. So probably you need to reply few more times before you can get your account back.

I got my account back and the charges say they have been refunded on my transaction list but the visa hold has now changed to a visa purchase charge which means the charges have cleared. The responses to my tickets have been the same, they have not said anything about the charges that were made even though I have questioned them about it multiple times. It takes forever to get a reply and when you do its likey speaking to a robot.

Yeah, the response time, and the quality of responses is a bit maddening at times.  I am basically getting one response a day and its like talking to a salt block that has been reanimated by a salt wizard, and the only thing he has learned to say is "it looks like the email changed, what is your email" over and over.  Haha.

If after my latest response I don't get any traction I wil... I will just reply again and wait patiently, because that is all you really can do with NCSoft, they hold all the cards, the keys, the wallet, and your wife and kids.

Captains Log: Stardate Pizza

It has been 29 hours since the last reply from NCSoft on my ticket.  I have tried to pass the time by going to work and then having other hobbies and it has been super effective.  But now the weekend approaches and I wonder if the 2 person customer service department will ever get to my ticket again.

Oh, and I also saw a cat in the alley.  So cute.

Shet, I understand your current situation so well now that I'm dealing with their robotic support : (

My alt account got hacked 2 days ago, nothing major, I got it back after resetting my email's PW and readding 2-step keys. I lost all my tradable items and golds on there, okay, I'm not freaking out all that much because it's my alt account after all. So I decided to send in a ticket reporting what happened. But I didn't realize on the website I was logged in under my main account, so yes, I submitted the ticket under the wrong account. I realized that and quickly queue a reply underneath my ticket saying I messed up, this account was fine and no hacker had even touched it yet. Then I processed to submit a new ticket regarding the hacking under my alt account, the RIGHT one this time. Guess what, I got a reply around 3AM saying my main account was locked so they can investigate some more =_= Alright then, it's my fault, so I replied to their email asking if they can lift the lock and that the ticket submitted was wrong, it wasn't supposed to be under this account. I had thought they would reply to me back this morning, but no, I didn't get a reply on my main account but my alt one, saying, GUESS THIS, the same generic response along with questions I got on my main account, asking if I can provide them more information. (Despite I already replied to 3/4 of their question in my original ticket I sent them, I doubt they read it.)

Now both my accounts are locked and I can't access them at all. (Make a new account just to comment) I regret ever contacting the support groups, my case could have laid low and I can still enjoy the game. Sure I lost a few golds and items, but it's still better than this waiting game.

Yeah, my ticket is now 72 hours old now (almost to the minute), and I am still at the "looks like your email changed, did you change it" stage.  I am in no rush, other than the fact I am missing out on daily dashes, and premium day I paid for, I don't have a legitimate reason to get mad.  I will just keep chatting with people who are going through my plight on here to pass the time, and posting extremely passive aggressive updates in my ticket.

Good luck with your accounts! I am sure once someone actually reads your ticket you will be fine! haha

Archived