what a big waste of time

Arohk

Soulstone Plain is totally crap and unplayable as melee, i just wasted one hour of standing around,

occasionally a fat pig or a stupid terror came along ,

i only got 5 of 6 of my daily quest loot done beause i did not deal enough damage  on one Pig guess what i have to DODGE AOE OR I DIE, and if there are 40 eople nuking on them sometimes the just outdamage you.

Then after 30 minutes the fattes Pig came, charged around like a moron, couldn't hit it much had to dodge huge AOE, got 13 prestige but noo loot again, dealy quest nr. 2 not finished.

then the "BATLLE" began, one fat muscle idiot standing in the middle, people started zerging, i engaged and got hit by some shit aoe that did 30k damage to no chance to dodge, (i got 65k life) got knocked away and tried to run out of range to heal, BAM next big AOE hit with like 50 meter range me for 40k and i am dead. 

Got lucky and managed to revive (lost my 40 prestige i earned during last 30 minutes however , yay.

Same shit happened a second time and bam game crashed the moment i died and the boss was on 20% life.

DEAR NC SOFT; PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW TO DEAL WITH THIS BULLSHIT AS A MELEE CLASS THANK YOU!

You git gud.

Yes, it's shitty as a melee. It always has been, it always will be. But they're the same as doing Blackwyrm. You learn the patterns/timings, you'll never get hit. I've been able to max out at 200 during the raid as a BD multiple times, turn in and run back in for more. Or use the Drums. That's like, the easy way out.

practice! :)

I am level 50 sin with 40khp++ and awakened pirate and i have completed the quests here.
Didn't do it second time because it was really hard for a melee especially on my current gears.

Doing it with my range

i cannot agree more.

it is nice to be forcewd to git gud when i did a FM for terror in misty and with infernal i gathered more ss than ever without knowing any pattern or caring about tanking them

lazy excuses.

it is not that i will gain more ss than a ranged because i am melee.

i risk more than a FM and i collect AS MAX the same as as a FM spamming randomlyu his skills.

sorry for the many typos, i am really salty right now, i really like my blademaster but every "end game" activity or arena ist just a pain in the ass , i barely got over 1700 but then get destroyed by most other players.

And herein lies a problem with many of the boss mechanics in this game. When i say many i mean the only mechanic. Timed AOE bursts. It's like the devs couldn't figure out complex mechanics and just gave bosses stupid aoes to spew out at certain intervals. I spent 8 years playing age of conan and while they got many things wrong, one thing they did amazingly was complex boss mechanics. Progression raids could take months to crack  simply because the mechanics of so many boss fights were different. Go on youtube and search for age of conan boss fights and you'll see tons of videos.

It is a major cop out by ncsoft in this regard. but whatever. I mostly don't participate in these. Got better things to waste my time with.

Being melee in this game is extremly unrewarding, and yes, there are some aoes big enough that ranged ppl have to dodge, but those hit melee too, on top of all the short ranged aoe. I play both melee and ranged and i honestly made the rage toon because the effort i have to put to get loot as melee is almost not worth the rewards, i can just get on my FM, faceroll 90% of the time, just have to keep max distance and dodge 1 or 2 aoes that are way easier to dodge when i can just move 2 meters away and im out of range. 
Sadly though i dont think this is going to change, they are not going to change all the bosses mechanics.

1 hour ago, Laethiel said:

And herein lies a problem with many of the boss mechanics in this game. When i say many i mean the only mechanic. Timed AOE bursts. It's like the devs couldn't figure out complex mechanics and just gave bosses stupid aoes to spew out at certain intervals. I spent 8 years playing age of conan and while they got many things wrong, one thing they did amazingly was complex boss mechanics. Progression raids could take months to crack  simply because the mechanics of so many boss fights were different. Go on youtube and search for age of conan boss fights and you'll see tons of videos.

It is a major cop out by ncsoft in this regard. but whatever. I mostly don't participate in these. Got better things to waste my time with.

what s better ?

i think people forget that every game, like literally EVERY *cricket*ING GAME, range ALWAYS has advantage over melee in a 3 dimensional world.

there is no way to fix this, it's how 3D environments work.

Melee is amazing if the person behind the computer is...

if the person is not well.....than......they are a crappy class (all of them)

I have a few friends that are all melee and they can do anything a range person can do, and usually better.

(I also have a few friends that want faceroll chars so they are always crying about their melee char... so let me tell you if you want faceroll than none of the melee char are for you in pve....)

true. u must be good if melee. meanwhile you can have a snack while playing rangeds class.

yeah.

stereotypes. 

a 10fps FM will always have easier life on a melee 10 fps.

legit.

let's talk more on player's skill.

why dont add to bosses some atks that HIT ONLY ranged classes? we melee have to parry some atks that have NO channeling. they are instant and they do about 30-40% hp when they hit well.

give bosses some ranged only atk similar then.

ofc, u canot avoid them with FM barrier. you have to iframe them.

too difficult?

i love playing melee/tank not a big fan of range but in this game it sucks big time been a melee  the blademaster can be a really good class if u learn how to play it but end games sucks before silverfrost my  main problem was bw then i learn the mechanics and it wasnt such a big deal anymore but when it comes to terror a blademaster is in way over his head terror will wreck a blademaster in no time and it sucks while the range classes can farm soulplain and make some money farming soulstones a blademaster is screw  and im getting tire of it already  i dont even want to login to play anymore and i've work on my gear so far already than starting another class is a pain and might not even be worth it 

ill be ok if the release a ticket or something like that that lets u change class but keep ur progress even if is limited 

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 0:39 AM, Zel said:

You git gud.

Yes, it's shitty as a melee. It always has been, it always will be. But they're the same as doing Blackwyrm. You learn the patterns/timings, you'll never get hit. I've been able to max out at 200 during the raid as a BD multiple times, turn in and run back in for more. Or use the Drums. That's like, the easy way out.

Its nothing like BW, he had 2 attacks you needed to dodge, in Soulstone Plains, the bosses there have 4 - 5 depending on boss and guess what, you spend more time iframing, jousting then you do doing damage.

On 3/28/2016 at 4:19 PM, Shukran said:

true. u must be good if melee. meanwhile you can have a snack while playing rangeds class.

yeah.

stereotypes. 

a 10fps FM will always have easier life on a melee 10 fps.

legit.

let's talk more on player's skill.

why dont add to bosses some atks that HIT ONLY ranged classes? we melee have to parry some atks that have NO channeling. they are instant and they do about 30-40% hp when they hit well.

give bosses some ranged only atk similar then.

ofc, u canot avoid them with FM barrier. you have to iframe them.

too difficult?

Actually, yes that is too difficult.  Range classes have less I-frames than melees.

On 3/28/2016 at 11:39 AM, Zel said:

You git gud.

That is because the devs are those that like their ranged classes and never ever put mechanics in like they do in WORLD OF WARCRAFT to make ranged have to actually WORK for a living like their melee classes.

It is LAZY and shows a complete disinterest in this games boring combat.

55 minutes ago, HamletZ said:

Actually, yes that is too difficult.  Range classes have less I-frames than melees.

QE

SS

more iframes?

TABE ice barrier heal FM. 

what more?

V ice protect again.

need more?

ah you say 1 minute cd? cool it is the time u have from a boss spawn to another.

ranged classes have to dodge just big aoes, which are not spammed. melee attacks are a lot.

too easy asking melee to git gud but too lazy to git gud yourselves? wow hypocrites.

What you guys oversee all the time is that the boss mechanics are darn easy. Its not the fault of the boss mechanics being "hard" which they arent. Even blackwyrm can be soloed if it wouldnt have 69million hp. What kills most of the melees is the latency between the server and clients.

10 to 20 people would be enough to kill the terrors and pigs in ss plains. Then the latency for melees would be good enough so they can dodge the attacks. But since the channel capacity is about 200 players... the lag is real and kills melees

45 minutes ago, MinaTakashi said:

What kills most of the melees is the latency between the server and clients.

And FPS problems. Even with all other people turned off.

And even if latency and fps problems were solved (which is not gonna happen), it would still be unfair to melees.

people that say "git gud" are very funny. how the f-ck i will git gud when it's laggy as f-ck even on low settings+ctrl-F? f-cking annabe smartass everywhere. and no, my PC is not a toaster. i play Black Desert on very high settings and i have steady 50ish fps even on GvG zerg pvp

3 hours ago, HamletZ said:

So you are already crying just from the idea of Bosses having unblockable(only iFramable) ranged attacks. Ok, so ranged classes have less iFrames, so how about less number of unblockable ranged attacks?

As a BM, I have to iFrame 4-5 unblockable attacks, at least 1 of which have can be back to back(Last boss in SSP, 1st is a smaller Red AoE, followed by a larger one.)

Lol this is why I normally don't take my melee toons to places like that.  FM/WL/SMN for life when it comes to this lol.  

Situation A: Ranged

Mysterious man spawned.  I just entered area.  The area is jammed packed killing MM.  I run frantically there on my FM.  The game then lags like I don't know what going 5-15 fps because its loading up all the people at once and nice effects.  Course ctrl + f may help, but everyone knows how that is.  However, despite this issue, I start attacking like crazy and despite MM running around at times, I can hit from a ranged perspective and deal damage.

Situation A: Melee

Same scenario as above cept as melee as a KFM.  With 304830843 ranged classes hitting all at once and the severe temporary lag I get upon entering, I can barely get a hit off, much less dodge aka GIT GOOD lol.  MM moving around like a mofo since these ranged classes do their silly rabbit jump (I just straight up tank on my FM and use my q/e/ice armor/divine veil lol) and run in circles.  Boss dead and I didn't get ****.

Situation B: SSP

Same ****, different area.  Only thing that changed here is not that stupid ***** lag that happened in Situation A.  However, the ranged classes destroy it so fast that you barely get a hit off of it.  Sometimes even I'm stunned when doing it on my FM.  Look at the ranged classes strengths however as a WL has high burst dps at start.  Gather a bunch of em together and what do you got lol?  And it is rather nice to avoid the ***** melee have to put up with lol.  I lol everytime on my FM.  Rather easy to dodge almost anything with that class...at least for me lol. 

I actually haven't ran SSP on my KFM yet so I don't know whether or not I'd get ***** from it, but just judging from my FM, I can see why the melee are complaining.

Conclusion:  Like in any MMO, Ranged > melee.  Same reason why people want more ranged in groups and like 1-2x melee lol.  Just like in FFXI, melees that aren't wanted (i.e like dragoon LOL) have to make their own group or in their guild, make a static with those people and run it with them.  Otherwise, they don't level or get good loot (this was before they made that game a solo game lol).  Will the issue be fixed?  Nope.  Afaik, in all past MMOs I've played, it never was.  Could B&S be different and NCSoft west do something to fix this issue?  Don't get your hopes up on that is all I'll say lol.

Archived