P2w or not?

sasukekun21

Hello...i saw some topics saying that this game is p2w but personally i don't it is but if it is can you post your opinion(serious) why this game is p2w?Ncsoft said it wont be p2w and i dont think grinding has nothing to do with it.I was premium too and only for queue anything else prem didnt help me at all.I mean my farm was the same as when i was premium.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game is not P2W and its not going to become P2W anytime soon, I think the biggest issue i heard people having is with the Pirate/Siren Emblems in the Cash Shop and all i have to say to that is nothing really. If people have a problem putting old content items that are hard to grind (ie: no one runs that as much so it'd take longer to get it) then that sucks for them because this is the best thing ever for alts and if you can't buy NCoin you can find someone to sell it to you for gold.

What people don't understand is that if this game was P2W we would have gotten Legendary Weapons with Naryu Lab and the richest people on the servers would have been dominating in open world pvp, but they aren't. The term P2W only applies to PvP because PvE it is impossible to "Pay to win" because there is nothing you can win, you're going to be playing with other people so if anything you are just helping carry people in dungeons.

This game you can pay to progress though if you want, you can buy ncoin and trade it for gold and then use that gold to upgrade your weapon, but again thats a good thing. If you can spend the $1000s of dollars needed for that then you must have a good job which means you don't have as much time to play as other people do. People who pay will only get the upgrades at most a week before non-paying players (the ones who don't sell ncoin for gold).

Althou I am really negative towards the game lately I can say it is not P2W. The problem is that soon or later you are forced to pay, because of the wardrobe. At this point I 70 outfits and If i lose my membership I better insta quit the game, cause my inventory will literally die. 

I wonder what constitutues as P2W...

P2W can upgrade all your weapons and accessories quickly in single runs of a dungeon without much need of gold. Where F2P needs to spend sometimes up to 30 runs and then find a means to make allot of gold to actually do the upgrades.

I always see P2W having better gear then F2P so if your serious about the game, its P2W.

56 minutes ago, JumpingBean said:

The game is in no way P2W. Everyone gets screwed equally in this game. 

I laughed really hard xD

But jeah. This game is not p2w. The only thing people keep complaining about is the currency exchanger, basically enabling people to pay real money and get gold with it - theoretically enabling players to buy nearly all gear with real money (and a bit time put into to farm evolution items), BUT we arent talking about sane amounts of money here... we are talking about thousands of euros. So.. the people who do this.. i dont have a problem with them. They keep the servers running. I personally just like to use the system the other way around to get some "free" cash shop items since it's not that hard to earn gold in this game :)

Oh and pvp is equalized anyway. So the only thing people could win with is clearning dungeons faster or killing your in open world pvp (gear based) - it's not like you wouldnt stand a chance tho and they cant get better equip than you do, just faster, theoretically..

Not P2W at all, that person was just crying and using the usual F2P excuse why he sucks.  My first character I leveled up in every aspect completely F2P, and had no issues.  I did run out of supplies and money often which forced me to grind more or wait a few levels to upgrade, but nothing important or to make me feel second class.  As was stated before, you can use gold to buy special gear, but special gear is just for looks.  To be honest, the best gear is drops on missions and not on hongmoon store.  The store costumes really suck to be honest, one or two outfits worth getting, but the fact they make drop costumes better looking then money bought is interesting...not a great business choice, but great for F2P people.

If there is confusion, P2W refers to games that if you buy special gear with RL money only you are put on a whole new level.  For example; many F2P shooter games, the F2P players' guns will do 30 damage with 15/s rate of fire, while the money bought guns do 50 damage at a 25/s rate of fire.  So as you can imagine, if you running around with your freebie gun and come up against a bought gun you are at an extreme disadvantage.  The player might suck and you could still win, but... he really just needs a lucky spray and your dead with how OP the bought guns are.

17 minutes ago, Vil said:

It's not pay-to-win.. It is however bot-to-win

I think that there's enough bot threads around to where you dont have to turn a thread about P2W into a bot thread.  Or is that what we're doing on the forums now? complaining about bots on a P2W thread and complaining about P2W on a bot thread?

Everyone who still says P2W is still misunderstanding, Pay-to-Progress-Faster is not Pay-to-Win you need to get your facts straight. Now if you're upset that people can spend money on NCoin and sell that for gold? Well tough luck because thats how life works.

Thats like saying, "I saw someone with a Ferrari and I'm driving a Camry, PAY TO WIN". Please understand, this is exactly how you sound.

On 3/28/2016 at 0:21 PM, bandsnewbie said:

I think that there's enough bot threads around to where you dont have to turn a thread about P2W into a bot thread.  Or is that what we're doing on the forums now? complaining about bots on a P2W thread and complaining about P2W on a bot thread?

Can't you not see a joke? Omg 

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 8:46 AM, Lelouch Lamperougie said:

As was stated before, you can use gold to buy special gear, but special gear is just for looks. 

You can use real money to buy token from cash shop then use token to buy some gears without set your damn foots in dungeons, then buy more gold to get it max upgrade. You can buy gold to buy most possible HM skill book from market board without set you foot in dungeons to farm it...So fanboys can say it's not p2w, other say it's p2w...use your own judgement because it goes both way with no one right or wrong! Most player don't give a *cricket* about p2w nor not p2w because the game itself has many problems that need to get fix first before they care about p2w.

It's getting there.

On 3/28/2016 at 11:44 AM, BigJ01 said:

Thats like saying, "I saw someone with a Ferrari and I'm driving a Camry, PAY TO WIN". Please understand, this is exactly how you sound.

That's an awful analogy because that's what exactly pay 2 win is.

3 minutes ago, Hongmoon said:

It's getting there.

That's an awful analogy because that's what exactly pay 2 win is.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm not exactly. i mean if that person worked for that ferrari then how is it wrong?

It also doesnt rly determine whether he can treat that Ferrari better then u. he just has it. Money in this game can allow u to progress faster. But it doesnt have any effect in pvp or anything relatively competitive.  Hell u can make money off those with money from just bids.

Not p2w?? Dont make me laugh.

Lets check this scenario.. One day they'll release all the content that has been released in asia thus far and lets say 2 new players start together. The first one pays with money and the 2nd plays normally, how much time(2-3 hours) will it take the 1st to get best gear and how much time(5-6 months at least) will take for the 2nd guy to catch him up. So dont say that its not pay to progress game ...

This game is not Pay to win. how many times are people going to make a pointless thread about this stupid topic? if anyone thinks this game in particular is pay to win, its because they are too broke and too lazy to farm anything from the corresponding pve content. These days the definition of pay to win no longer means paying money to get ahead of the other players..Today pay to win means " If i cant afford somthing" or currently dont have the money to get somthing, its pay to win.

Archived