Grand Harvest Square Raid is Impossible

KENPACHl

Since the patch has been out myself and majority of clan/group im in Crash out every single Grand Harvest Square event,  you can be killing a boss and bang you're back to desktop not even a error or crash message, but this only happens in grand harvest square, no other map on blade and soul does this. 

I would like to know if  the Blade and Soul staff are looking into this  as many people cant even enjoy that particular raid because of this.

Even if your performance was smooth, you still wouldn't manage to turn in your quests. What's happening are people are stuffing the channel to its limit. The quest line is intended for 24 people, but there are easily 50+. Depending on your situation, you probably won't get enough damage in to get loot from the bosses, unless everyone around you is severely undergeared.

They really need to either lower or remove the damage requirement from the 3 minibosses in this, every time I did this so far I could never manage to get all 3 in 1 event, there are too many people and too little HP on those bosses, another problem is that people don't do them in an order so at least 2 bosses already have almost 15-20% gone by the time you killed the 1 you were attacking - which is probably because they couldn't get that specific boss last time and just want to finish the quest.

The least they can do is increase the channels the event happens in that might help spread the players around so that 5 channels aren't exploding with what feels like almost 100 players, but the best thing would be to lower/remove that dmg requirement.

Unless of course the whole thing is bugged like blackwyrm and that's why people aren't getting their loot.

it's impossible  to do the damage because  the game just freezes,   and the last  boss is almost impossible to kill because  you can't react at all, for a game  that reaction time is everything  you pretty much don't get it.... 

33 minutes ago, DrowningEarth said:

Even if your performance was smooth, you still wouldn't manage to turn in your quests. What's happening are people are stuffing the channel to its limit. The quest line is intended for 24 people, but there are easily 50+. Depending on your situation, you probably won't get enough damage in to get loot from the bosses, unless everyone around you is severely undergeared.

Now  just think the amount of warlocks  and summoners  just 10 of them =  20  and with the other 40+...   +  some other faction players,  this game should be called the Lag fest game...    this last update became a big joke... yesterday I almost quit I don't really see a reason to play  there is nothing that wanna make me keep me playing... the only game where you lvl up and get  shittier stats... like really  ?

pvp2.jpg

pvp.jpg

Lag free = player free  channels

pvp3.jpg

20 minutes ago, TheHorror said:

@it's impossible  to do the damage because  the game just freezes,   and the last  boss is almost impossible to kill because  you can't react at all, for a game  that reaction time is everything  you pretty much don't get it.... 

Now  just think the amount of warlocks  and summoners  just 10 of them =  20  and with the other 40+...   +  some other faction players,  this game should be called the Lag fest game...    this last update became a big joke... yesterday I almost quit I don't really see a reason to play  there is nothing that wanna make me keep me playing... the only game where you lvl up and get  shittier stats... like really  ?

pvp2.jpg

pvp.jpg

Lag free = player free  channels

pvp3.jpg

Your stats get lower because its trying to balance out with your level and enemy level. I can't really think of a good way to explain it. Like for instance, at lv36 you use inferno and say you have 50% crit. You use the same weapon to lv45 and your crit just dies. Its more of, going from lv36 -> lv45, mobs got stronger meaning higher evasion/block/crit resist etc while you're still at the same stats as you were at lv36. They got stronger whereas it looks like you got weaker.

Makes you have the need to upgrade to get up-to-date gear.

As for impossible raid/faction, seems more like its coming from your end. I do these with combat optimization on and get above 20-30fps with players still showing. Same goes for blackwyrm.

3 minutes ago, Pepperino said:

Your stats get lower because its trying to balance out with your level and enemy level. I can't really think of a good way to explain it. Like for instance, at lv36 you use inferno and say you have 50% crit. You use the same weapon to lv45 and your crit just dies. Its more of, going from lv36 -> lv45, mobs got stronger meaning higher evasion/block/crit resist etc while you're still at the same stats as you were at lv36. They got stronger whereas it looks like you got weaker.

Makes you have the need to upgrade to get up-to-date gear.

As for impossible raid/faction, seems more like its coming from your end. I do these with combat optimization on and get above 20-30fps with players still showing. Same goes for blackwyrm.

yeah your stats get lower how hard is to explain you get +4 AP/ lvl and a -1,5%  crit/lvl, seen a lot of players with 440+ AP and 27-32% crit :))  got to love it  when I  was still lvl 45 with 370 AP and 51% crit and got the aggro all the time.  

As the problems coming from my end, are you even reading the forums ?  This is not my first  mmo and my rig goes over the recommended specs also have a fiber optic connection  (up to 1Gbps)   can't get better than that , and not that far away from  the so called "EU servers" that work on NA time... like really  now I get the daily rest  at 9AM ( not 8 AM) because of the DST.

I agreed for this time now, the Grand Harvest Square and the Soulstone Plains are almost unplayable, too many ppls and the game just freeze. Its not from my pc i got GeForce 960 with Core i7 and 8GB ram with most of the time 60 FPS, and the game still freezes in this 2 areas. NCSOFT should limit the channels to far few ppls, i dont know how much the limit is now for the channel but should be lowered so ppls don't freeze and can do dps atleast!

8 hours ago, TheHorror said:

yeah your stats get lower how hard is to explain you get +4 AP/ lvl and a -1,5%  crit/lvl, seen a lot of players with 440+ AP and 27-32% crit :))  got to love it  when I  was still lvl 45 with 370 AP and 51% crit and got the aggro all the time.  

As the problems coming from my end, are you even reading the forums ?  This is not my first  mmo and my rig goes over the recommended specs also have a fiber optic connection  (up to 1Gbps)   can't get better than that , and not that far away from  the so called "EU servers" that work on NA time... like really  now I get the daily rest  at 9AM ( not 8 AM) because of the DST.

Because they don't upgrade their stuff. I'm at lv50 with 471AP, 5k crit, 1.4k crit dmg I'd be 480+ if I had the soul.

Your connection has nothing to do with FPS. My PC is subpar and can run these places fine.

I don't understand why forums mods have merged my post with this one about FPS considering I wasn't asking about grand harvest square low FPS, I was asking about why the game is crashing/closing to desktop randomly with no error message during grand harvest for alot of people....

That's not even my thread title -.- sigh lol

11 hours ago, 6IX said:

I will suggest lower your settings to 1 and press control F. 

If none the above work, get a better PC!!!

This doesn't work for me and my computer is a i4790k gtx 970 strix.  I crash.  Again this game is poorly optimized.

13 minutes ago, BlinkMoth said:

This doesn't work for me and my computer is a i4790k gtx 970 strix.  I crash.  Again this game is poorly optimized.

It was a reply to a guy who couldn't do anything because of lags.

I have a high-end PC and I crash as well (see my thread linked above, and a possible solution)

12 hours ago, 6IX said:

I will suggest lower your settings to 1 and press control F. 

If none the above work, get a better PC!!!

Have a decent rig should be MORE then capable of running bns on max settings. Grand harvest square min settings 5fps. Game is not optimized whatsoever 

I think the crashing is due to memory leak. If you look at the client process in task manager the crash always happens at around 3.5 gb memory usage. Tera had the same problem.

Restart your client before going into harvest and keep other player models off always (Ctrl f)

Grand Harvest Square is frustrating.

I have a good enough PC and a stable and fast internet connection.

Today I tried the option "For Low end PCs". So everything was on 1 or deactivated - Window Mode 800x600. The game looked worse than Tombraider 1 on PSX.

I made the others dissappear and started the event.

I even did something I read in another thread. I stood north were less people are and looked at the ground so it has less to render. Still all I got was pictures. NOT moving pictures :(

and here i am ... another player who hates the lack of fun when the servers cant handle the players ... Faction Wars, Square events, public dungeons or huntings ... cmon admins and GM's you guys have to find a solution for this ... 

I have a I7 and a gtx 960 with 16 gb of ram ... with a 10 mbit conex ... i cant be dealing with these lags to this exteng ... this it's beyond reason 

8 hours ago, KENPACHl said:

I don't understand why forums mods have merged my post with this one about FPS considering I wasn't asking about grand harvest square low FPS, I was asking about why the game is crashing/closing to desktop randomly with no error message during grand harvest for alot of people....

That's not even my thread title -.- sigh lol

yeah...I don't appreciate my thread being hijacked either T___T

Off topic, does anything remotely useful drop from the Grand Harvest? Completed it a few times and didn't get anything worthwhile, I've since stopped doing them after the first day. Or is it just because it's a daily that people do them?

4 minutes ago, Rasky said:

Off topic, does anything remotely useful drop from the Grand Harvest? Completed it a few times and didn't get anything worthwhile, I've since stopped doing them after the first day. Or is it just because it's a daily that people do them?

mostly for map piece and treasure room key.

Archived