Forums

Fix for Stutter/Freezes for Win10 Users

mihwK

(For the lazy: Win10 -> Win7 = problems gone)

First I want to tell you guys, I had Win10, and the game got patched into a point where it was impossible for me to play. Last February they did something which completely wrecked my experience. Blackwyrm was a 4FPS mess, and the Harvest stuff this Silverfrost Patch was unplayable, I would literally freeze the second the fight began until the Boss was dead.

I tried everything I could get my hands on, except for one thing, and that was a downgrade to Windows 7.

If you people saw some of my threads where I was desperate to get a solution, you will know how frustrated I was.

My system was performing better than average on every benchmark, I would get better performance in newer games compared to some other people with similar setups. My System was running very well, Win10 was also installed like 3-4 months ago.

Today I've had enough and decided to make the step, I've heared from so many people who made the downgrade, the game got much better.

I can tell you guys, for me atleast, the game went from unplayable to buttery smooth.

Even tho I was so big on, "I would not change OS just for one game", I was investing alot of time into this game, and well I'm planing to do so in the future. I had to do something, so I gave this a shot. It worked, you wouldn't believe how amazing the game runs.

I've never had this performance before lol. I'm not even trolling, it improved my performance of the game in such a drastic way it's plain retarded, lazy, and unbelievable what these Devs are doing... this should not be a solution, but it is.

To any player who considers the switch from Win10 to Win7, I would suggest you do it if the game is worth it to you, it helped me atleast. Keep in mind, we still have to go back to Win10 once DX12 is a thing. I belieber we can stay on Win7 until that time comes.

Archived