Just wanted to say goodbye to all the lovely friends I've met. (not a rant)

Taywen

53 minutes ago, Luucy said:

omg how could someone think that "citizens" (legion) are evil and "government" (cerulean) is good ???? 

I'm completely stun to read this kind of sh*t, sry op, but it seems you live in a world you just don't understand :o

"Cerulean" is not "government", and "legion" are not "citizens". Cerulean believes in a system with a strict government, centralized power and order. Legion believes in an anarchic system where everyone's free to do anything without a governing body. They're two extremes, but neither is "perfect", both have pros and cons they can't agree on, and that's why there's fighting despite both factions being in good alignment and with best interests in mind.  It's your good ole lawful good vs chaotic good.

You shouldn't automatically assume that government = bad. It exists for a reason; same reason anarchist communities are few and usually associated with chaos and disaster, just like government is associated with lies and corruption.

5 hours ago, Taywen said:

I've met some great friends along the way and just wanted to say goodbye before heading out. It's been great fun. I just found out the only way to upgrade my weapon is to flag for PvP and kill faction mobs for insignias to buy the next breakthrough piece and since I don't PvP, or even like to flag for PvP, that's pretty much the end of the game for me. I hope everyone who does pvp and can continue forward enjoys themselves very much. The graphics are beautiful and the combat is very fun. It's a sad day for me, but I just don't PvP. Good luck to you all going forward!

Dude i never did PVP to, but its so easy on BNS once you get a group together.

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 4:23 PM, Luucy said:

well you can use the mushin tower "arena" using factions' outfits :) or wherever, but the mushin arena was designed for this ^^

I have a few times to pvp with a friend or something, I actually got jumped there a few times too :( dang people and their daily 10 kill quests!

All this stuff about what each faction supposedly believes or supports, versus the other side, is all a bunch of baloney anyway.  It's just what they came up with to support having opposing factions.   It can all be ignored as it has nothing to do with the game story or game play anyway.   All you need to worry about is that the other side is your opponent, at least in PVP mode.  Because they HAD to include PVP and there HAD to be something to mark who was who.  That's all. 

Otherwise they are the same as you, playing right alongside you all the time.   This IS a lot better than some games that keep the factions on totally separate instances where they never meet in-game except in PvP zones and cannot ever message each other much less befriend or hang out with or run in parties and do dungeons together.  With factions totally isolated, the other side becomes some sort of evil alien mystery force of human-shaped worms or some other bizarre mythology invented because nobody feels like the other side is really the same as they are.   We have no such issues.  Aside from the separate faction chat channels, this is really just one world we all share.  The other side is US.  In any case,  the REAL enemy in the game story is not the other faction.  Nor is it who you think it is.  I won't spoil it.  

And not every server is the same,  Mushin has a heavy blue dominance.  Other servers have heavy red.  On Mushin, you've got 10 blues waiting to kill every red.  So they're fighting over one kill most of them won't get and the red won't get any because they get ganked.   Some serious server mergers are going to have to happen to balance this out.  Nobody wins when neither side can complete their daily/other goals. 

And a final note, it is possible to play quite far in the game without choosing a faction.  Saw a factionless player today somewhere in the 40 levels.   I suppose they miss some content but it can be done.    The original game didn't even set factions until level 19 or so, which is why there is that seemingly redundant quest in a cave about choosing factions. That was the original faction choice point.  Not level 4.  Which is why that instance after level 4 sucks for the PvP everyone seems to do there.  It was never meant to be a combat area like that.  

4 hours ago, Richard Rahl said:

I have a few times to pvp with a friend or something, I actually got jumped there a few times too :( dang people and their daily 10 kill quests!

I don't think you can complete the daily 10 kill quest outside of Moonwater. At least I don't think it worked for me in mushin.

It's funny how people say this game is NOT a P2W game and yet you can see people replying on why dont you just buy this and that...

And thats not just in this thread. You can also see it in post like https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/197288-whats-the-point-of-playing-anymore/

And people will keep saying it's not pay to win... But it is!

I quote from google search:

Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying.

And thats how this game is. People can buy their way to AP5XX and "one" shot other players etc. And yes i have seen that ingame.

Maybe they like it this way, im not sure, the more Ncoins they sell the more they earn and since people can get ingame gold from buying Ncoins & then change. That just makes it more easy to p2w.

Im just sad of the players leaving because of this. Maybe there could have been a awesome friend among them....

@Taywen

If it helps that's really the only time thus far that the game will make you do that and you only need 30(?) Insignias I believe. With a group you can have it done in about 15-30 minutes assuming you don't get ganked by the opposing faction. If you're Cerulean it'll be easy, like cake easy. Aside from that when you get down to it the game is making you flag yes, but you're not forced to kill other players, just relevant mobs from the opposing faction.

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 3:46 PM, Taywen said:

I checked the auction house, there are no "Misty Woods Cold Iron Staff" there. If they can truly be purchased from the auction house then there may still be hope for me and B&S yet! I'll check again! Thanks for that information!

Oh, and to answer your question, it's not really a religious thing with me, I understand it's just a game and pixels aren't people. I'm just old, slow, and the eyes aren't too good anymore and I am probably the worst at PvP you've ever met so I simply just don't like it at all. I did the flagging thing to buy the items I needed for windwalking, and that scared the heck out of me just for that short time. It's more about being bad at it, and the anxiety of potentially being attacked at any moment that doesn't sit well with me. Everybody is different...

I too, am an older player, and pvp  bothers me, because I am not good at it. I am a little slow with my skill combos, and sometimes it is hard to target. So I completely understand your frustration.  I have decided to play as far as I can without the pvp areas, I grind lower lvl bosses to sell the drops and I craft pots and sell them in marketplace to make money .

11 hours ago, Enhance said:

I don't think you can complete the daily 10 kill quest outside of Moonwater. At least I don't think it worked for me in mushin.

maybe they just wanted to kill me then? I assumed they were just trying to complete their pvp quest and that's y they jumped me. or just saw the tactical advantage in 2 on 1?

Archived