Just wanted to say goodbye to all the lovely friends I've met. (not a rant)

Taywen

I've met some great friends along the way and just wanted to say goodbye before heading out. It's been great fun. I just found out the only way to upgrade my weapon is to flag for PvP and kill faction mobs for insignias to buy the next breakthrough piece and since I don't PvP, or even like to flag for PvP, that's pretty much the end of the game for me. I hope everyone who does pvp and can continue forward enjoys themselves very much. The graphics are beautiful and the combat is very fun. It's a sad day for me, but I just don't PvP. Good luck to you all going forward!

2 minutes ago, Taywen said:

I've met some great friends along the way and just wanted to say goodbye before heading out. It's been great fun. I just found out the only way to upgrade my weapon is to flag for PvP and kill faction mobs for insignias to buy the next breakthrough piece and since I don't PvP, or even like to flag for PvP, that's pretty much the end of the game for me. I hope everyone who does pvp and can continue forward enjoys themselves very much. The graphics are beautiful and the combat is very fun. It's a sad day for me, but I just don't PvP. Good luck to you all going forward!

Honestly curious, what makes you dislike pvp to the point of not being able to do pve quests while wearing pvp flag? Is it religious? (being serious)

And why can't you buy the items from auction house?

3 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Honestly curious, what makes you dislike pvp to the point of not being able to do pve quests while wearing pvp flag? Is it religious? (being serious)

And why can't you buy the items from auction house?

I checked the auction house, there are no "Misty Woods Cold Iron Staff" there. If they can truly be purchased from the auction house then there may still be hope for me and B&S yet! I'll check again! Thanks for that information!

Oh, and to answer your question, it's not really a religious thing with me, I understand it's just a game and pixels aren't people. I'm just old, slow, and the eyes aren't too good anymore and I am probably the worst at PvP you've ever met so I simply just don't like it at all. I did the flagging thing to buy the items I needed for windwalking, and that scared the heck out of me just for that short time. It's more about being bad at it, and the anxiety of potentially being attacked at any moment that doesn't sit well with me. Everybody is different...

1 minute ago, Taywen said:

I checked the auction house, there are no "Misty Woods Cold Iron Staff" there. If they can truly be purchased from the auction house then there may still be hope for me and B&S yet! I'll check again! Thanks for that information!

I thought you meant moonstones/soulstones. To get the misty woods cold iron staff you indeed need to kill NPCs about 3-4 times, but I don't recall any repeated instances of that.

If you really can't stand the idea and can't bring yourself to wear a uniform for 30 minutes and just kill a few npcs then, indeed, you have no way of progressing.

I feel like it's a waste if you really like the game otherwise, since there really isn't anything much different from pve (chances are you won't be attacked by enemy players anyway while farming the npcs, and you can forget about pvp for a while after that), but if it's a stone wall for you - good luck wherever you go.

3 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I thought you meant moonstones/soulstones. To get the misty woods cold iron staff you indeed need to kill NPCs about 3-4 times, but I don't recall any repeated instances of that.

If you really can't stand the idea and can't bring yourself to wear a uniform for 30 minutes and just kill a few npcs then, indeed, you have no way of progressing.

I feel like it's a waste if you really like the game otherwise, since there really isn't anything much different from pve (chances are you won't be attacked by enemy players anyway while farming the npcs, and you can forget about pvp for a while after that), but if it's a stone wall for you - good luck wherever you go.

No offense, but you don't know my server. I'm blue, and on our server the population is about 30 red for every 1 blue. We get nothing done on our server if it requires wearing our uniform unless we're just very lucky in our timing of when we try to do it. Took me 2 days just to finally find a living NPC to sell me the evil ox horn (on any channel).

some people just don't like to pvp. I personally don't like how pvp has just become this gank fest on Yunwa. personally I like duels but then if u die u lose dura so...... meh. if you go to the arena you have two problems. your not even fighting with your own stats, and the dang thing has a permanent record --.-- I am a bit ocd when it comes to stuff like that. I use to play starcraft and it recorded records I kept making new accounts because id get like 200 - 400 wins and my losses would go over a certain ratio like 4/1 or 5/1 or maybe it was 10/1. id get upset and make a new account. heck if i got more then like 5 or 10 "draws" because the net cut out and d/c me id make a new account. for bns id prefer if they would reset the win/loss when  they reset the pvp league or ladders w/e they call them here. from what I understand the pvp ladders last a few months then are reset and you have to earn back you rank again. id do pvp if it would reset my win/loss so I could look at it as a this is how I did this season this is how I did the next season, but I don't like the idea being locked into this win/loss ratio till I delete the char. that or remove the dura loss from open world pvp so we can go pvp without having to worry about running outa hammers, maybe even setup a mini arena in open world where we can duel with our own stats.

3 minutes ago, Richard Rahl said:

some people just don't like to pvp. I personally don't like how pvp has just become this gank fest on Yunwa. personally I like duels but then if u die u lose dura so...... meh. if you go to the arena you have two problems. your not even fighting with your own stats, and the dang thing has a permanent record --.-- I am a bit ocd when it comes to stuff like that. I use to play starcraft and it recorded records I kept making new accounts because id get like 200 - 400 wins and my losses would go over a certain ratio like 4/1 or 5/1 or maybe it was 10/1. id get upset and make a new account. heck if i got more then like 5 or 10 "draws" because the net cut out and d/c me id make a new account. for bns id prefer if they would reset the win/loss when  they reset the pvp league or ladders w/e they call them here. from what I understand the pvp ladders last a few months then are reset and you have to earn back you rank again. id do pvp if it would reset my win/loss so I could look at it as a this is how I did this season this is how I did the next season, but I don't like the idea being locked into this win/loss ratio till I delete the char. that or remove the dura loss from open world pvp so we can go pvp without having to worry about running outa hammers, maybe even setup a mini arena in open world where we can duel with our own stats.

I may not like pvp, but I won't quit a good game because I have to do it for 30 minutes in 3 months.

3 minutes ago, Richard Rahl said:

<3 your name! I loved those books!

Its not that hard to get x14 insignias for misty wood cold offer staff for breakthrough and you left the game just for that... i dont like pvp either but idc if i have to do faction dailies everyday for soulstones (need x150 for awakened pirate) . I rather farm than buying but whatever. See ya.

1 hour ago, Richard Rahl said:

maybe even setup a mini arena in open world where we can duel with our own stats.

well you can use the mushin tower "arena" using factions' outfits :) or wherever, but the mushin arena was designed for this ^^

18 minutes ago, Nutrient said:

You could switch factions for about 20s or so then rejoin your faction again after you're done...

Farewell!

I understand it's possible to switch factions, but my personality won't allow me to ever be on the evil faction. It just isn't in my nature.

5 minutes ago, Taywen said:

I understand it's possible to switch factions, but my personality won't allow me to ever be on the evil faction. It just isn't in my nature.

lmao you need to read up on the lore. Crimson nor blue is evil... you have some absurdly mis understood views on faction in this game people have suggested so many things to keep you on this game you apparently love and you are shooting them down for ridiculous reasons. just quit & stop posting then if your so dead set on leaving a great game.

13 minutes ago, Taywen said:

There is no EVIL faction in this game. Both factions are GOOD in a sense that they fight for the just cause. It's only their PoVs that differ. Cerulean Order (Blue) is more for putting the power in the hands of few (who apparently know how to wield such power) while the Crimson Legion (Red) is for 'freedom to people'.

Seriously though, if you can't prosper in Cerulean Order, just switch the faction, do what you have to (while there I also suggest finding some sucker Ceruleans to kill for achievement) and then switch back. A lot of people tend to do that kind of thing because of the aforementioned achievement 'Double Agent'.

If that still doesn't dissuade you, well then, by all means, it was fun having you in this game and best of luck in your future life.

5 minutes ago, Nutrient said:

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/game/factions/

Where are you getting that Crimson Legion are evil people? They're just kind of like freedom fighters or people with different political beliefs.

True... but....

The Crimson Legion eschews outdated traditions – we’ll carve a new path for ourselves, leading the way into a future without some oppressive hierarchy dictating our lives.

and still they have a hierarchy , ya, right.... are they trying to fool who? ( btw, i'm crimson, like the color :P)

Crimson Legion believes in lawlessness and anarchy. That's the same as evil in my book. The world needs rules and laws so people don't run around robbing, raping and killing each other just for the fun of it. Only evil people believe no authority should ever tell them what they can and cannot do. Morals have and always will be instilled by families as we grow up, and enforced as adults by our governing bodies. Without governing bodies, laws and rules, there would never be peace in this world. Ever! For anybody! Think about that a minute before you claim the Crimson way isn't evil.

The game just tries to claim both sides are fighting evil so people will play both factions, but the definition of the Crimson Legion and what they stand for is proof enough of who is the good and bad in this game.

I'd also like to add that I've been playing this game since Alpha. During that time, I've had people kill steal, leave me dead at bosses, and do or say all kinds of rude things to me. Every time, and I do mean every single time, when I check what faction that person is in, it's always Crimson Legion. Make of that what you will...

Anarchy = evil? 

Sry, you misunderstood ... a government that makes rules and gets corrupted is evil ... so the cerus are the evil ones ;P

Seriously, if you life for only one rule: "What you do not wish to get, that do not do to others" then Anarchy means freedom and is peaceful.

By the side, on our Server the crimsons help each other, when the need help via faction chat, but a ceru twink from our clan changed to crimson because the cerus were laughing if someone called for help and their chat was more childish ... so maybe it depends on the server, which faction more honorable is.  ;)

29 minutes ago, Taywen said:

Crimson Legion believes in lawlessness and anarchy. That's the same as evil in my book. The world needs rules and laws so people don't run around robbing, raping and killing each other just for the fun of it. Only evil people believe no authority should ever tell them what they can and cannot do. Morals have and always will be instilled by families as we grow up, and enforced as adults by our governing bodies. Without governing bodies, laws and rules, there would never be peace in this world. Ever! For anybody! Think about that a minute before you claim the Crimson way isn't evil.

The game just tries to claim both sides are fighting evil so people will play both factions, but the definition of the Crimson Legion and what they stand for is proof enough of who is the good and bad in this game.

I'd also like to add that I've been playing this game since Alpha. During that time, I've had people kill steal, leave me dead at bosses, and do or say all kinds of rude things to me. Every time, and I do mean every single time, when I check what faction that person is in, it's always Crimson Legion. Make of that what you will...

Okay this is going waaay too much into the game lore and I am not sure if you want me to explain all of that to you. But let's keep it simple. It's Soulstones. They both fight for the power contained in the Soulstones, however, they differ on whom they should belong to. Ceruleans think a certain group of people should possess the power of Soulstones and make rule with them. The Crimson Legion differs from them in that opinion, because they believe Ceruleans are hypocrites for thinking that their 'government' won't succumb to the same corruption the Stratus Empire or Talus Dominion or, hell, even Naryu Civilization has succumbed to. The truth is, Soulstones are a no-go and Old Man Cho once said a smart thing, they are all a bunch of idiots for even fighting over them, because these Soulstones are the reason the Dark Realm was brought into this world in the first place. But yeah, all in all, I see this as merely a political view. Like the left and the right side. So you can choose the side which aligns with your system of values. I personally don't care for either, I study the Dark Arts with my Warlock and the only thing on my mind is revenge for my master, who brought me back to where I am after the society of Warlocks expelled me and left me for dead.

Oh, and as for Player's behavior in game, their choice in faction has really no consequence in what dictates their actions. I have played some MMOs and there are jerks on both sides, really, quite often. The fact that someone is a jerk and will do that to you (or maybe the person is just dumb, who knows) doesn't have to do anything with the faction of their choosing.

So...you basically think everyone that chooses to be Crimson is an 'evil' person?  Geez, because that's totally justified and Oh-so-mighty-righteous.

Most people don't even bother reading lore and chose Crimson for the color + outfits.

I can't believe you even bothered checking if the people that were rude to you were Crimson, just so you could feed your grudge at a fictional faction by comparing it with RL politics.

Bye bye.

omg how could someone think that "citizens" (legion) are evil and "government" (cerulean) is good ???? 

I'm completely stun to read this kind of sh*t, sry op, but it seems you live in a world you just don't understand :o

2 hours ago, Taywen said:

Good luck on your other game journey Taywen. In my honest opinion, you make the right choice to stop your journey here. Because in the future upgrade path for you, you will be required moonstone and Naryu tablet. Moonstone can only be obtained from the new faction area at lvl 50, and it's just a zerg fest one sided dominate faction. Naryu can be obtained from boss boxes with very rare chance and also from dungeons. Another way to get it is purely from Arena PvP. So yeah, these upgrades are heavily dependent on PvP so you won't like it later on anyway.

Archived