Ice build wants to switch to fire

RetroByte

Well that`s how additional dmg works. If it says "Deals x ~ y additional dmg fire damage to burned enemy" the additional dmg is applied to each hit if the target was burning when the hit landed. That means each hit of fire fury has coef 4.5/3 + 1 and the whole fire fury has coef 4.5 + 3x1 if each hit is against burning enemy.

It`s same with meteor shower it does 5 hits and coef for additional dmg is 6. So the total dmg coef of meteor shower is 12 + 5 x 6 if the enemy is burning whole time.

I went with 10 dragonblazes in BB build because that`s what you had in your post before editing. Replacing 5 more blazing beams with dragonblazes will only increase total dmg coef of that build by 5.

866 - 5x10 (removed BBs) + 5*11 (added dragonblazes) = 871 total

Mate that's called double dipping. The exact definition of the abilities "Over 3 Uses" or "Over 5 seconds", it never says per hit. 1 coefficient works for 1 ability and re-adjusts itself depending on whether the target is burned or not, you are counting it as 3 and 5.

I wasn't actually looking for the damage on Dragonblaze itself, more so the subtracted time on meteor showers on the long run.

It never says "over 3 hits" or "over 5 seconds" in the line that talks about additional dmg.

There you have proof from combat log that additional dmg is applied on each hit.

x5vx3t.png

And here is a fire fury tooltip.

21cru2o.png

@Dlacik

That's actually good to know cool, one less thing to ponder about. But still, my biggest gripe about the Fire Fury/Dragonblaze rotation is:

21 hours ago, Rasky said:

You can spam LMB, RMB and F. But, as you know, F has 3 bursts, it's not instant. So in that end you can spam LMB, RMB and F but you will be cancelling F on your next LMB or RMB attack.

To that end. You'll either not cast all of the 60 RMB/LMB or you will cancel a lot of Fire Fury projectiles. I've attached a video to show it.

Realisticly, the figures you provided below will be much lower. The video below shows that LMB/RMB cancels 1-2 projectiles out of 3 of Fire Fury. And if you actually want all of the Fire Fury projectiles to hit, you'd have to wait a little bit which means you'll be wasting global cooldowns. Spam doesn't work with Fire Fury.

"29 fire fury - 29 x 7.5 (4.5 base + 3 x 1 burn) - 217.5"

and

"60x fire palm S2 - 60 x 4 (1.2 base + 2 flame soul + 0.8 burn) - 240"

And lastly, you can't just spam RMB willy nilly as that will instantly make you go Frost Stance making delaying your Fire Fury and/or Dragonblaze. At the end of the video, it just shows that there is no downside at all to ignoring Fire Fury as you do not waste any RMB/LMB hits or Fire Fury hits.

So yea, Fire Fury, even with the additional damage per hit, will not outdps the non-fury rotation.

@Rasky Nice try, but as you can see in following video. The whole 3 hits of fire fury are actualy faster than global cooldown. So you can wait for 3 hits and then go next RMB+LMB+F right before the global cooldown ends, so you do not lose any time by waiting for fire fury to do all 3 hits.

Also you can use RMB every time, because if you spam RMB+LMB+F you go to frost stance and then immediately back to fire stance and you can use F without delay.

@Dlacik

Really? Cause I can see from 1-4 seconds you weren't pressing LMB or RMB. :)

3 hours ago, Rasky said:

And if you actually want all of the Fire Fury projectiles to hit, you'd have to wait a little bit which means you'll be wasting global cooldowns. Spam doesn't work with Fire Fury.

But yea, I'm gonna stop now, seems like a pointless endeavor.

I would like to try a "F" build.

or let's call it Fire/Ice Hybrid Build

Is it enough to skill fire fury, frost fury, windstorm and dualdragons as a basic concept?

How does this build work? Shooting LMB/RMB and pushing F?

Thanks in advance!

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 0:48 PM, Lith said:

I would like to try a "F" build.

or let's call it Fire/Ice Hybrid Build

Is it enough to skill fire fury, frost fury, windstorm and dualdragons as a basic concept?

How does this build work? Shooting LMB/RMB and pushing F?

Thanks in advance!

This is exactly the way I play.  Just spam LMB RMB F, drop Inferno and Meteor Shower when they're off cooldown.  You need good ping for it because it's all animation cancelling, but I generally beat everyone for agro that doesn't outgear me.

5 hours ago, Captain K. said:

This is exactly the way I play.  Just spam LMB RMB F, drop Inferno and Meteor Shower when they're off cooldown.  You need good ping for it because it's all animation cancelling, but I generally beat everyone for agro that doesn't outgear me.

I tried it now a few times and I am sure I haven't mastered it yet.

But I can honestly say that it increases chances of survivability.

2 reasons. When an enemy knows you down you have a short time to push F to escape. Well this build is predestined for this to happen even by accident

Number 2. Using Frost Fury with its healing abilities more often

I have to say though the damage is not as high as fire burn build and not as reliable due to the critical being important to get into the F loop.

I really like the f build for simple mobs hunting especially in combination with ice rain. For bosses I prefer burn build though

Archived