BD solo capability

Dray0s

I saw some players complaining BDs suffer in the Solo Aspect of the game (6mans Mushin etc etc) is this to any length actually true or simply players not being able to play the class well?.

do BDs need to be better equipted then other classes? :o

In the case of Mushin I would say that it is slightly gear dependent but not overly so. It's mostly having to do with using your CC correctly and timing your iframes the same as any other class imo. You have skills that give you healing and block at the same time which is op for solo mode :P

I'm loving the BD, and when I heard someone saying they couldn't solo dungeons etc etc because they played the class, was wondering if we were some sorta underdog as far as solo goes haha, good to hear it isn't as bad as some are making out though :)

It may just have to do with the fact that they used the wrong spec or they were severely undgeared for the dungeon they were trying to solo. Then again we don't get to faceroll everything like summoners but you should be able to fair well in any dungeon. Are you having trouble with your spec? 

Blade Dancer really equipped to solo 6/4 man content. That's not to say you can't do it, it's just more difficult than some other classes who have high defense, ranged, or a dedicated block. That being said, I don't understand why people are so obsessed with soloing dungeons that aren't meant to be soloed.

If that's your thing, fine, it's a nice feeling to complete, especially if there's an achievement involved. But be prepared to invest in the time for BD because it's not going to be easy or quick.

tbh I'm still using the premade dungeon build xD havnt looked into best pve builds yet really, I just wondered if it was possible if I was ever required to for anything more then anything, thankyou for the responses :3

17 hours ago, Dray0s said:

tbh I'm still using the premade dungeon build xD havnt looked into best pve builds yet really, I just wondered if it was possible if I was ever required to for anything more then anything, thankyou for the responses :3

You will never be REQUIRED to solo group content...there is some solo content like Mushin Tower that can be quite difficult but it's made for solo so its not the same as soloing a 6man dungeon.

As I mentioned, there are some achievements to solo some dungeons but achievements are not required and those solo ones only give 10 achievement points anyway so it's not a huge deal.

Archived