Casual players being shunned? NCSoft help?

Devinator00

So today me and my guild mates were trying to do some of the end game dungeons and we saw a lot of people advertising there groups but the requirements were so hillarious that we thought maybe it was some kind of a joke. I mean 470+ attack power required ? Me and my guildies right now are barely at 400 attack power so we cant join these groups and when we queue up the regular way its just a wipe fest. Ive seriously been trying to do the Yeti dungeon all day long and havent downed him once. NCSoft can you help us out or what will you do?

best thing to do is form your own groups with folks you play with. Guilds/ clans etc.

Its just elitists being themselves so they an get fast easy runs and not care about the little guy trying to catch up. I honestly ignore them and just play on my own now even if i belong to a clan.

Ive seriously been trying to do the Yeti dungeon all day long and havent downed him once.

It could mean you (and your party perhaps) are under-geared or don't have sufficient knowledge of how to clear the Avalanche Den. Gear up or read up!

You may have answered your own question.

The people asking for 470+ AP are a little unreasonable but it's their group and that's how they want to roll. Nothing NCSOFT can do to change that.

Why don't you band with your guildies and try to do it yourselves? Though to be honest, enrage mechanics kind of force you to have a certain amount of AP/CRIT.

NCsoft is the wrong party to ask for help on this matter.  The boss mechanics on that dungeon is quite high and people who want to farm the dungeon with efficiency don't want to group up with undergeared characters.  There are many other dungeons you can do, or if you want, start your own party and advertise.

Oh and 400 AP is nowhere near enough for the yeti dungeon.

If you cannot do end game dungeon it means you are lacking with attack power and HP. People are searching for such AP because they know lower than that would cause the run go slower or even be impossible to finish. You can try doing it but it doesn't mean it will be done. The dungeons are made to be really hard. Upgrade your gear and do other dungeons that you can finish.

It really is a joke. I was just doing one of the heroic dungeons for dailies and our party got wiped. Then this Forcemaster started bitching about how us getting wiped was my fault for not killing the boss fast enough. Seriously? I have 437 AP and I only play BNS 1-3 hours a day. I do not have time to sit on my ass all day grinding for gold and gearing up to the absolute max. He also started saying how I'm trash at my class. I'm at 2234 rating in 1v1 (#39). He said it meant nothing. So many arrogant people,

@Tashigi It's not so much unreasonable as it is trying to save time. Higher DPS means faster clear. With only 24 hours a day and only so many of it in playing Blade & Soul, quick runs = something to be happy about.

If people want to run the same dungeons with bare minimum attack power, they're more than welcome to! It just means slightly longer runs and maybe the chance to hit enrage timers. But I feel like some of these people should stop crying about how people are using the PUBLIC party finder board asking for higher AP. They're recruiting for their own party - why is it suddenly your problem?

So you're all siding with the elitists then? Not all of us play this game 24/7. And me and my guildies are all casual players tryign to get geared up in this new patch. But it really sucks when the community in this game is very hostile towards "noobs" as one party said. idk man this elitism thing has got to go and NCSoft has to step up to the plate and make dungeons for us casuals too you know. Basically what im saying is I want me and my guildies to be able to enjoy the same stuff supposed hardcore players do.

It isn't siding with anyone. Every game has it's own "requirements" - i.e. in TERA, dungeons required a certain item level before you were able to queue. For Blade & Soul, the only "requirement" is to be a certain level which obviously isn't a intuitive way of determining whether or not the party will be strong enough to clear. This is why people prefer to use the party finder to look for people with similar AP as they do.

You & other casual players can simply gear up slowly. Don't rush to the end-game content. Take your time, increase your attack power, and do other dailies while you work your way to be strong enough to tackle the harder dungeons. It's not a race.

Just now, Devinator00 said:

So you're all siding with the elitists then? Not all of us play this game 24/7. And me and my guildies are all casual players tryign to get geared up in this new patch. But it really sucks when the community in this game is very hostile towards "noobs" as one party said. idk man this elitism thing has got to go and NCSoft has to step up to the plate and make dungeons for us casuals too you know. Basically what im saying is I want me and my guildies to be able to enjoy the same stuff supposed hardcore players do.

What kind of baiting is this?  There are blue silverfrost dungeons you know you can do, and lv45 dungeons still give some good money. people spending more time playing this game isn't elitism, and you should probably stop using the term if you don't know the meaning.

what is nc gonna do? make not taking ppl on pts a bannable offense? You know there is a reason why people advertise that high. If u ahve 400 apwr then u shouldent be it there hell ur barely at bsh at 400apwr forget yeti. Upgrade ur gear and stop trying to rush cause 1. ull die a lot 2. ppl wont take u on pts 3. if u do join a pt ull be getting hardcore carried and make it harder for everyone else.

Only thing NC needs to do INCREASE the requirements for the dungs not help ppl get carried

5 minutes ago, SasakiKojiro said:

It really is a joke. I was just doing one of the heroic dungeons for dailies and our party got wiped. Then this Forcemaster started bitching about how us getting wiped was my fault for not killing the boss fast enough. Seriously? I have 437 AP and I only play BNS 1-3 hours a day. I do not have time to sit on my ass all day grinding for gold and gearing up to the absolute max. He also started saying how I'm trash at my class. I'm at 2234 rating in 1v1 (#39). He said it meant nothing. So many arrogant people,

Exacly the kind of people im talking about. Like today I was applying to groups even though I know i didnt meet the requirements and i told them look my AP is low but i do know the mechanics of the fight cause i studied it on youtube and the guy said gtfo with your low AP you stupid noob. I was like wooooow. I just left the party.

The dungeons are for casuals too. The elitist are looking for their own party but you may push that "LFP" button to get random party for the dungeon and not try to join those parties that demand for high AP. The game is not so easy that you can just walk through every single dungeon with for example True Profane.

Using the party finder to ask for higher AP doesn't automatically make someone an elitist. I've tried hitting LFP on some of the current end-game content and sometimes end up with people in Awakened Infernal (around 250 AP) attempting to clear the daily. Blade & Soul doesn't have it's own "item level" (or attack power, gear) requirement for the dungeons so it makes the so-called casual player believes she or he should be able to clear every dungeon available with whatever Lv45~50 gear she or he possesses. No system is perfect but I hope B&S implements a system to filter out severely undergeared players.

If you play casually, casually work your way up. You don't have to rush into everything so fast...

EDIT --

Too many cry "Elitism!" when the people accused are usually just people who either 1) have standards or 2) want to save time. Standards as in: bare minimum AP and/or crit % and the correct skill tree (this is similar to people crying "Elitists!" to those asking that their party members have the correct crystal set-up in TERA). What nonsense.

8 minutes ago, Caex said:

best thing to do is form your own groups with folks you play with. Guilds/ clans etc.

Its just elitists being themselves so they an get fast easy runs and not care about the little guy trying to catch up. I honestly ignore them and just play on my own now even if i belong to a clan.

The funny part is these elitists are just as much trash as they claim everyone else to be. I joined a Naryu Lab, where all of them where 50hm5, except me at 47hm1, they were all "you're not geared for this." 4 mins later whole party dead, me last man standing. They all quit the party.

6 minutes ago, Devinator00 said:

You should learn to accept that there are dungeons here especially in the new expansion that would require a better gear.
Do not try to touch the morality side or justice/fair of this issue. You said you have barely 400AP, even in 6man-BSH with Mane you will have a hard time if you don't know the mechanics.

You will also have a challenge with Naryu with that gear. I am no saying impossible but with "challenge".

So how do you expect it to be with the latest end game dungeon??
-----

I want to acknowledge elitism in the game but the situation you are citing is reasonable for people who asks AP on the latest end game.
Another consideration is party line up. I won't go with more than 1 melee of the same class unless it is a friend whom I trusted or someone that is known to know the mechanics or someone who is advance geared.

TL;DR no one's siding with someone. there is elitism yes but your situation does not count as such since you are pertaining to the latest end game dungeon with 400AP. with true siren you will reach 400+ AP on level 50. So I think you are the wrong here.

1 minute ago, ChanChan said:

The funny part is these elitists are just as much trash as they claim everyone else to be. I joined a Naryu Lab, where all of them where 50hm5, except me at 47hm1, they were all "you're not geared for this." 4 mins later whole party dead, me last man standing. They all quit the party.

LMAO! Dont you love when that happens? **** yeah we casuals are players too maybe we dont play this game as much as say a hardcore player but that doesnt mean we're dumb. Heck I know almost all the strats for the new dungeons. But hey its whatever. NCSoft will hopefully do something soon.

5 minutes ago, Devinator00 said:

LMAO! Dont you love when that happens? **** yeah we casuals are players too maybe we dont play this game as much as say a hardcore player but that doesnt mean we're dumb. Heck I know almost all the strats for the new dungeons. But hey its whatever. NCSoft will hopefully do something soon.

It doesn't matter if you do know the mechanics and know your class. If your team dies it means others might not have known such things. If you run out time and hit enrage phase it means your whole team lacked the AP for that dungeon. I myself dislike elitism but in some cases it needs to be done. You don't do certain dungeons with low AP when there is timer to kill certain bosses. There are a lot of other dungeons where you can get gold and upgrade materials for your weapon. Do them and get geared.

Guys, at this point the OP is only acknowledging posts that agree with his own.

I've already seen people explain that it's not elitism in this situation but it seems like he only responds to people who side with him.

But to stay on topic:

25 minutes ago, Bumlife said:

TL;DR no one's siding with someone. there is elitism yes but your situation does not count as such since you are pertaining to the latest end game dungeon with 400AP. with true siren you will reach 400+ AP on level 50. So I think you are the wrong here.

This pretty much explains what we're saying.

It is kinda NC fault, they are buffing the HP values for bosses there by enrage timers hitting fast (didn't even bother to increase the enrage timer trigger) and in-turn making these dumb x-server parties to have these high numbers of atk requirements also rather than actually understanding the mechanics of the dungeon they just zerg it mostly with their high atk chars, example naryu 6 man they don't even care to go to the red wall just spam skills like some stupid zombies.

Solution would be if only NC could not alter the HP values of bosses, buff the soul shields again to balance it and maybe other stuff am not aware of we can actually enjoy the game just playing casually.

P.S: Silverfrost is dailies are shit required to get drops from wanna be BW bosses everywhere.

I hate elitism more than anything but OP i have to say you should not be doing Yeti with that amount of AP in the first place. You said barely hitting 400ap so im assuming you guys are at 390-399. These level of ap that you and your clan mates are at just made it Naryu's level. And im telling you right now that a full party with 390ap-399ap is very doable in naryu but it won't be easy either as the whole party would need to bring their A game. Now this is naryu we're talking about, the hardest 45 dungeon. Yeti is currently the hardest 50 dungeon. I agree every member being 470+ is too elitist but at the same time i can understand why they would want to do so. I say 440+ would be a good and fair requirement for Yeti without sounding too elitist.

On a side note i do agree that the current purple 5oul shields needs to get a little buff.

2 minutes ago, KzE said:

Solution is easy : make your own 400+ room.

No no, that's too obvious.

They would rather have NCsoft interfere with people's simple preference in what kind of party they want.

I mean, how dare other players not wanting to carry someone that's obviously not geared for the current hardest lv50 dungeon.

Archived