Skill Particle Effects Not Displaying

Avalyn

So I started noticing this problem on Friday when I logged in and did some Arena PvP. 

I had not changed any graphic settings, I looked through them all and they were all exactly the same.

Except now, I am unable to see any particle effects on skills whatsoever. This includes stuff like the red aura on destroyer firespin or the blue auras on normal spin and also BD spin, or FM/summoner projectiles and AoE. I can't even see the yellow sparkle things around someone's head when they get stunned.  ie. When I see BD spinning now I just see their character spinning, in the literal sense without the spinning sword blur effect.

I have a decent amount of experience so I can get around these things by playing with sound and and looking at buff icons/paying attention to the spin speed to differentiate destro red/normal spin etc. but it is a huge disadvantage and I really can't keep playing like this.

Anyone know how to fix this?

This is a general bug I guess since the new patch. Same here after changing everything on my settings.

Many of us have the problem (theres other topics on the subject too).

But this is kinda horrible. Im playing FM and generally with music in background, I couldn't do a shit yesterday or "prevent" my opponent attacks and reacting to it.

Lets hope it will be fixed on wednesday, but that's far...

is this already fixed for you guys? I tweaked my setting a bit too for ssplains and grand rain and revert them back but after that the skill effect went really bad. From 1-5 on Skill effect quality everything felt same. It really loses its cool even though the gameplay is really good plus good story. it feels like it is not the game I fell in love with because of that bug. 

In my case i can see all the effect of other even when i turn off all in settings.... i think is really much worse than no see one cuz it drop me like 20 fps now i must play always with hide characters :(

6 minutes ago, Guinte said:

In my case i can see all the effect of other even when i turn off all in settings.... i think is really much worse than no see one cuz it drop me like 20 fps now i must play always with hide characters :(

Ughm you can change that in the setting bro.. I think. under graphics in the advance options tab. SFX quality for others. if this doesn't work. skill effects must be really bugged

14 minutes ago, Zev Mistfang said:

Ughm you can change that in the setting bro.. I think. under graphics in the advance options tab. SFX quality for others. if this doesn't work. skill effects must be really bugged

Ye it doesnt work i made a post either and no answer from mod or gm maybe they dont know about this issue or idk.... hopefully fix it soon cuz playing with hide characters rreally hard in 4man dungeons 

• 4 months later...
On 8/7/2016 at 6:58 PM, The Grim Sleeper said:

@Avalyn did you ever fix this because i have this problem

Yeah you go to graphics > advanced settings and just hit the "Auto" button. If you touch any of the settings after that though the problem comes up again so just leave it on auto.

• 7 months later...

Necro-
The reason why this happens is because the update with uploading UI to cloud or using current PC settings are bugged with these 4 specific effects. I think the only way to fix it is to login on another account that uses max graphic settings and by logging on that your client will be switched to use these on max. Also the other way is to find a client config file and switch it forcefully and manually there... But I do not know where could that be, possibly I looked everywhere related to bns file, temps and appdata, no luck.
ce0788fcc17df5936145b98ffdbbf473.png

Archived