Forums

Shadow vs Ice

Deo

So I've been reading around on what other players do for Warlock and I am at a bit of a loss for my own Warlock. 

So far, (When Legendary accs come out that give Element%) it seems like shadow build is the best. Which is Dragon Helix, Dimensional Volley and Wingstorm T3S2.  It is also advised that you shouldn't mix and match your elements. (Using Ice and Shadow skills)

However, my problem is I am not really feeling Dimensional Volley. Currently I use Dragon Helix, Bombardment T3S2 and Wingstorm T3S2 (For the heal). I like the "target" ability from Dragon Helix and I like spamming Bombardment instantly, however they are different elements. I can use Dragoncall paired with Bombardment and Wingstorm T3S1, which is all Ice but my main question is basically whether Shadow build will greatly out dps Ice or can Ice hold it's own. 

I've also noticed I rarely use Rupture, I know I should but I find it that the current setup, it just doesn't flow very well into a fast rotation. 

Should I just spec all Shadow and try to get used to Dimensional Volley + Rupture spamming? Or can I stick with my ice/shadow combo until element% accs come out?

1 hour ago, Deo said:

So I've been reading around on what other players do for Warlock and I am at a bit of a loss for my own Warlock. 

So far, (When Legendary accs come out that give Element%) it seems like shadow build is the best. Which is Dragon Helix, Dimensional Volley and Wingstorm T3S2.  It is also advised that you shouldn't mix and match your elements. (Using Ice and Shadow skills)

However, my problem is I am not really feeling Dimensional Volley. Currently I use Dragon Helix, Bombardment T3S2 and Wingstorm T3S2 (For the heal). I like the "target" ability from Dragon Helix and I like spamming Bombardment instantly, however they are different elements. I can use Dragoncall paired with Bombardment and Wingstorm T3S1, which is all Ice but my main question is basically whether Shadow build will greatly out dps Ice or can Ice hold it's own. 

I've also noticed I rarely use Rupture, I know I should but I find it that the current setup, it just doesn't flow very well into a fast rotation. 

Should I just spec all Shadow and try to get used to Dimensional Volley + Rupture spamming? Or can I stick with my ice/shadow combo until element% accs come out?

Can't do Shadow build right now because it requires the Hongmoon Skillbook for your RB and precise timing to use. Right now the best way to DPS is using Helix + Bombardment and left side tree for Wingstorm. You should be using rupture whenever it's up and speccing into the left side tree so you can get focus back. 

This was the rotation I used before patch and even now until we can get the RB book. I also don't have the Helix book which makes this build even better. You can read more about this here www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/161145-pve-gist-of-warlock/

I use full shadow as the rotation feels natural to me. Yes the wait time for volley to change into blue is akward but I use that for either rupture or lb. Its like a easy 2 step cus rupture is guaranteed on 3rd stage volley. I also made a video about it. You can find it as "shadow build" in the forums. 

22 hours ago, VaneQuish said:

Can't do Shadow build right now because it requires the Hongmoon Skillbook for your RB and precise timing to use. Right now the best way to DPS is using Helix + Bombardment and left side tree for Wingstorm. You should be using rupture whenever it's up and speccing into the left side tree so you can get focus back. 

This was the rotation I used before patch and even now until we can get the RB book. I also don't have the Helix book which makes this build even better. You can read more about this here www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/161145-pve-gist-of-warlock/

I looked at the guides on the link, were pretty helpful, but I do have 1 question. The guide for Ice WL (As well as in the video), it says to use Bombardment T3S3 but there is no explanation. Why use that over Bombardment T3S2? T3S2 does far more damage as well as returns 1 focus on crit. Any thoughts? 

I've thought that maybe the AoE Bombardment spec (T3S3) would allow for more crit chances since it is AoE, but that is only plausible on more than 1 enemy and in range of each other, but in the guide, it uses it for everything.

14 minutes ago, Deo said:

I looked at the guides on the link, were pretty helpful, but I do have 1 question. The guide for Ice WL (As well as in the video), it says to use Bombardment T3S3 but there is no explanation. Why use that over Bombardment T3S2? T3S2 does far more damage as well as returns 1 focus on crit. Any thoughts? 

I've thought that maybe the AoE Bombardment spec (T3S3) would allow for more crit chances since it is AoE, but that is only plausible on more than 1 enemy and in range of each other, but in the guide, it uses it for everything.

Not sure why uses that one either, it lowers the CD on dragoncall but its in his Dragon Helix build. Just use the no threat spec instead.

Archived