Sold everything to vendor. Gave money to a random lvl 34. Uninstalled

Truce

2 hours ago, Truce said:

what WHAT WHAT

are you serious

CAN NCSOFT RECOVER ITEMS????????????????????????????????

Nope.  The items are a lost cause.

Hope your timing is good about getting the name back.  You never know if someone just happens to claim your name as soon as it's available.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

I don't understand how people can be this stupid.

Wow, that's a really extreme decision to make on the spot... it's like "ok, just need to add a little salt to this dish aaand..... I'm out of salt..." and proceeding to throw the whole dish out the window along with utensils to make them while setting fire to the house and giving all your money to some random passerby... to top it off, one of your neighbors say "but, I just borrowed your salt earlier today, remember? I was gonna give it back tomorrow..." and you proceed to ask your insurance company if this incident is covered...

... enough standing here in amazement of the scene I just witnessed and the scene I just came up with. Let's see if I can help you.

You might be lucky that your presets are still in the trash bin, check that first, if they aren't, and you have multiple hard-drives (or a spare USB) try installing Recuva from Piriform (the first one that comes to mind) on another drive than C: if you download to C:, and have another computer, try installing it on a USB from another computer to minimize the risk of you overwriting the presets (that should be/should've been in "C:/Users/[your username]/Pictures/BnS/CharacterCustomize/"). Might be able to recover some of your presets at least.

Your money is long-gone, you won't be able to get that back unless you can get in touch with that random level 34 and he is benevolent enough to give (some of) it back. When it comes to unable to trade items however (like your weapon and accessories), you "might" be able to get it back if you submit a ticket to customer support. Don't get your hopes up though, they have no obligation to you in this case, so if they say no, you'll just have to start over.

Not sure if you removed all your characters also (I kinda assume you did), in which case you don't have to worry too much, it's a 7 day (or at least it was last time I checked) pending where you can recover your characters, as long as they were level 16+, below level 16 and they're most likely already gone though.

Good luck, and hope you can get your mistake sorted out without too much loss.

Hey, sorry to hear that but isn't it a bit extreme to quit the game just because someone stole the name you wanted? I was very irritated when i was creating my character. I always use specific names in my games and some are actually quite uncommon and they were all taken!!! I mean, double you-tee-eff

6 minutes ago, drkn335 said:

I'm sorry but I think it serves you right for raging and freaking out so much going so extreme over a damn name.... try googling next time, NC soft has wrote this on the website too

Giving your character a unique name is not easy, unless the name hold little to no value to you (doesn't seem like you care much), you will be sad if someone take the name you took so much time to conjure up, heck, you'd probably be sad when someone already have taken that perfect name you thought up in the last 15 minutes. Some people spend hours to find the perfect name, some spend hours creating that perfect character, some do both. Sure, he went overly extreme, but saying it serves him right is just mean...

I'm pretty sure everyone first would google why it isnt working or ask forum rather than just freaked out and deleting everything on an entire game and the game itself over it, no matter how much they wanted the name, so yea i think its stupid and yea it kinda does serve him right he brought it on himself, its not anyone elses fault

1 hour ago, Yndril said:

Giving your character a unique name is not easy, unless the name hold little to no value to you (doesn't seem like you care much), you will be sad if someone take the name you took so much time to conjure up, heck, you'd probably be sad when someone already have taken that perfect name you thought up in the last 15 minutes. Some people spend hours to find the perfect name, some spend hours creating that perfect character, some do both. Sure, he went overly extreme, but saying it serves him right is just mean...

And FYI id be saying the same thing to myself too if i did something like that, or to anyone

Also no one took his name either, it was waiting for him in 24 hrs time 

2 minutes ago, drkn335 said:

I'm pretty sure everyone first would google why it isnt working or ask forum rather than just freaked out and deleting everything on an entire game and the game itself over it, no matter how much they wanted the name, so yea i think its stupid and yea it kinda does serve him right he brought it on himself, its not anyone elses fault

Likely they would, but in this instance, he didn't. He assumed that the name is available right after name change (there is probably a lot of people assuming the same), and going by that assumption, when the name isn't available, the logical conclusion would be "someone stole my name in that short time-frame!?". If there is a shadow of a doubt, you'll look it up, but if there is no reason to doubt your conclusion, there is no incentive to look anything up. He did a mistake, he'll learn from it.

But if you really think that he deserves it, keep it to yourself. No need to breed ill will, no one gain anything but suffering from that.

Archived