Forums

Devotion Outfit Concerns

Jenocide

I know there's tons of people who have commented before but I just want to see if I can get any input from devs about it, but....the Devotion outfit (especially for Lyn) but definitely for the other classes, seems like an unfinished dress.  When compared to White Rosetta and Soulmate, Yellow Dahlia, etc., where are our ACTUAL bows?  Where's our dimension, our 3D ribbons, lace, etc.  Other costumes all have it.  Even the MALE VERSION of the outfit has the detail and 3D bits, and isn't flat at all.  PLUS this is a two week limited outfit, which we've paid money for.  I have my BA in Game Art Design, and this would be what 3D models would look like BEFORE we added in the other pieces, details and bits to it, it really looks unfinished.  Is this not finished?  Or is it really just this poor quality.  If I could get a reply that would be awesome because there's tons of players who are dissatisfied.

While i personally was like, "looked at it and tought meh, this looks bad"....why do you buy it if it looks bad?

It's not like they are going re-design it, because you voted with cash, bought it and that send's a message that we want more of the crappy dresses for the same amount of NCoin.

Best way to have them fix bad designs is to simply not buy them, then they will see at the end of the month, we sold zero crappy dresses, so nope guys, selling them won't fly.

But if you gobble them up like candy, it sends a message that we want more of the same crap.

None of that takes away from the fact that compared to their other outfits, it needs to be finished.  Also, it's not like I saw the poor job of it before purchase (obviously)  I was excited because I had been wanting the maid outfit, and ASSUMED it would have the same quality as all their other outfits, because after all, why would it not be.

I actually feel like the Lyn dress is passable, just because it looks like one of those asian dresses with the features painted on and manages to be cute and give a nice silhouette.

But the Gon version? What happened to those fishnets? Those are horribly textured.

Now THAT I completely agree with, about the fishnet textures...they look so bad compared to My Angel...I don't understand why these look so bad while LOTS of other costumes with the same features, look WORLDS better.  Which is why I'm legit asking if they just forgot to finish it.  Maybe a dev will give some reply v.v

I really hope so too, because like I said, compared to shop outfits that aren't even in the two week special rotation, the outfits you can get anytime for cheaper, are far more better quality.  That's why I'm legit thinking it's unfinished, like they forgot lol.

1 minute ago, Profyrion said:

Did you people buy it without previewing it first?

No one said they actually bought it? I would never buy this. I love the doboks on BnS but I was shocked by this. It looks horrible.

So... don't buy it if it looks bad.  Devotion has been out a while in KR (I can't pinpoint exactly how long).  If they haven't fixed it by now they're not likely to make any changes ever, just because some players in NA/EU complained.  Not buying it sends a much stronger message than bitching on the forums.

Exactlt Jammy, PLUS it's in the two week special rotation.  Doesn't make sense as to why they would start now to take a step backwards in their quality department...not when they have other costumes that are worlds better than this one, which aren't in the two week rotation.

However, isn't the costumes from korea? meaning that the design and graphics and everything are from there correct? Unless, I'm mistaken, then this is pulled directly from there and so it's quality is not their fault, but they are to blame for not at least updating it.

I googled the Korean version, and what was shown (which looked like it was Devotion, but with little differences...I couldn't read because it was in foreign text in the picture) was significantly better quality.  

Archived