"Optimization" ann Silverfrost Open World content

Daithi

So, I was wondering if anyone from the NCWest staff can answer me about how I'm supposed to do Harvest were I have to wait 1 hour in a channel because you guys made the event only in 5 channels and like each channel can have idk 30-50 players? to Crash when the event starts because this "optimization" is totally awful and having a high-end PC doesn't matter.

Same with Soulstone Plains, crashing all the time with Optimize for combat active ctrl+F active and names hiden so its pointless to buy a prestige points scroll because you end diying or crashing losing all your works.

IDK if this stuff if because the Korean server is made for a country server and maybe you forgot we are a continental server...

just had my game froze again in grand harvest... also SS plains often  freezing on last boss while having 200 prestige... GG game you won

sw7r6g.png

P.S. the whilte look on my SS means my game froze, tried waiting 10 mins but never came bk had to force close

3 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

That's tough luck. I have pretty good laptop in use and I only go lower to 9-14 FPS during the main boss in harvest. Harder to play but still manageable. Have you guys tried relogging like 10-30 minutes before harvest?

if you look closely at my screenshot im running on 27 fps i got a pretty damn good PC, it runs smooth i simply freeze out of nowhere , i was logged in on the game less than a hour

Hi!

You might remember me from such post as

and 

Just wanted to point out that I doubled my fps during combat and when I say combat I refer to the so called Harvest-shit-thing and Soulstone Fields.
Among the stuff I did was to go against the EULA and edit game files to move calculations from cpu to gpu, increase memory limits, spread calculations out to avoid fps spikes...
However, I still crash occasionally during harvest.
I haven't yet touched the network settings since I'm comtemplating whether that would be regarded as cheating or not.
Giving myself proper ping while others stuggle with the default. Is that even fair?

Anyhow, to the point! 
It's not related to memory overflow and not to overheating.
Is the game crashing because of too many render calls? Is it crashing because there's too many effects/players that it tries to read/write from a memory address outside of the defined scope?

Does the server drop us because the clients in the zone/region/channel are making too many requests? Is it related to the unstable host you selected for Europe?

I'd gladly help, but most of the problems are out of my reach.

The thing is, this events are designed for a server like the Korean were there is only 1 country playing and its ok having only 5 channels for Harvest or were each channel of SS Plains has like 30 - 40 players doing the event max and they might be ok with optimize for combat and ctrl+f but NA/EU servers have so much more players that makes impossible to do it in the current state

14 minutes ago, Puro said:

Can you translate what settings he used ingame? Is there anything to know? Or isn't it important at all?

Thanks for linking the reddit post, though. I was about to do the same. Increased my FPS by a lot.

Harvest event is a big disappointment. You should not drop to 10fps with a decent pc in any form of event just because there are a few players. Especially not if this is so *cricket* easy to combat. Open all channels for the event and let only 20 people on each channel in event time. Problem solved.

Yeah, the game hasn't crashed on me yet, but my problem is that my sub-optimal CPU is bottlenecking my GPU, so the end result isn't favorable. When trying out Grand Harvest, I literally had like 4 frames of the last boss fight and then it ended with me not knowing what *cricket* just happened >:|

there are many tricks and guides everywhere with tips to help with the fps drops and such but this shouldnt be a problem when I have a high-end PC and im trying to play a 4-5 years old game also these tips doesnt help everyone

16 hours ago, littlecutebunnynose said:

Hi!

Yo
Just wanted to point out that I doubled my fps during combat and when I say combat I refer to the so called Harvest-shit-thing and Soulstone Fields.
Among the stuff I did was to go against the EULA and edit game files to move calculations from cpu to gpu, increase memory limits, spread calculations out to avoid fps

Share plz

YOU MEAN THAT I HAVE TO RISK MY OWN ACCOUNT FOR CHEATING

using something against rules i agreed before?

i WANT a developer or someone who can clearly use more than average computers of ncsoft to come here and help with this editing.

Archived