Fix these issues that create low FPS/PING during events.

Taemek

NCsoft, what the hell are you doing about this? Its got worse due to the amount of people allowed in the Faction Daily zones and the Grand Harvest City event. Its a joke how bad these servers are handling these events when if you look at Korean footage, its smooth as butter.

Whats going on, because seriously, as a Melee character, I am *cricket*ing sick of it.

This is normal for all MMO games.  Your computer takes a dump no matter how good when a large number of people are being rendered on your screen as well as all the damage being done to the boss by those people.  My suggestion is get WTfast or another ping booster program (NCwest has said this is not against TOS but they do not support it so you have to figure it out yourself) and put your settings to combat settings.  Hide other characters on your screen if you need that last bit of boost.  Also ReShade helps as it does alter some video settings that are default to the game that can cause issues for some graphics cards.

If they removed partical effects from other players via slider in settings that might help but your lag issues will still be there due to all the calculations between client and server happening and how good your comp is.  Just be glad this isn't Tera.....with the ammoutn of people on the screen during BW/Terror/Faction events you would be sitting at 1-5 FPS.  

2 minutes ago, Zarec said:

This is normal for all MMO games.  Your computer takes a dump no matter how good when a large number of people are being rendered on your screen as well as all the damage being done to the boss by those people.  My suggestion is get WTfast or another ping booster program (NCwest has said this is not against TOS but they do not support it so you have to figure it out yourself) and put your settings to combat settings.  Hide other characters on your screen if you need that last bit of boost.  

If they removed partical effects from other players via slider in settings that might help but your lag issues will still be there due to all the calculations between client and server happening and how good your comp is.  Just be glad this isn't Tera.....with the ammoutn of people on the screen during BW/Terror/Faction events you would be sitting at 1-5 FPS.  

No it isn't normal, there is less then 50 people on our screens and the comps we have today are dumping like they are 486 Gen 1's.

This is way beyond normal and is effecting everyone, its not an isolated issue.

When majority of the games population has to play with CTRL + F on and STILL has issues, there is a much bigger issues then peoples computers.

1 minute ago, Taemek said:

No it isn't normal, there is less then 50 people on our screens and the comps we have today are dumping like they are 486 Gen 1's.

This is way beyond normal and is effecting everyone, its not an isolated issue.

You've never played Tera have you

4 minutes ago, Taemek said:

Never had an issue on Tera, so yeah I have.

Thats interesting.  I have no issues with this game for FPS (besides lag spikes periodically but can see from WTfast that the FPS spikes corrospond to a packet loss or ping spike).

When playing Tera, I had to avoid running full graphics in cities due to the FPS loss or when doing certain dungeons (i miss the rifts) otherwise my computer would nose dive into 10-15 fps.

3 minutes ago, Zarec said:

Thats interesting.  I have no issues with this game for FPS (besides lag spikes periodically but can see from WTfast that the FPS spikes corrospond to a packet loss or ping spike).

When playing Tera, I had to avoid running full graphics in cities due to the FPS loss or when doing certain dungeons (i miss the rifts) otherwise my computer would nose dive into 10-15 fps.

I haven't met a single person who doesn't have to CTRL + F in SSP or Grand Harvest.

25 minutes ago, Zarec said:

Well..you've now met one.  I'm on Pahoran playing blue faction.  

Its been said there is serious optimization issues that aren't working or need to be done.

What ever is causing it needs to be fixed and 10 - 15 fps is below par.

Archived