Mobs Reseting

Richard Rahl

On 3/25/2016 at 6:52 PM, Richard Rahl said:

Anyone else having trouble with mobs resetting because you pushed them back with repulse? Ever since the new patch ive gone through the new silverfrost area on my warlock and have had around two dozen mobs respawn simply because I pushed them to group up. I also noticed this was an issue in the 24 man poh when I tried to group four snapjaws and then use soul shackle and imprison typically 1-3 of the 4 would reset right after I dropped the soul shackle. Anyone other then me having this problem? is it also a problem for other classes with knockback skills like the kfm's tab skill?

Yes this is happening to my FM in Silverfrost a lot.  Its a bit frustrating, even the mini bosses reset.

On 3/25/2016 at 6:53 PM, KatHead said:

Thats a warlock thing, been happening for a while. 

There are mobs resetting for my bm in the new zones though, and it sucks. 

Nope not a warlock thing, this is happening to my Sin and my FM.  

On 3/25/2016 at 6:56 PM, KatHead said:

lol, you are utterly insane if you think melee have it better than ranged in this game. Mobs reset for melee as well, we just lose half our life when it happens while you set afk at the safety of range. 

Most likely you are moving just out of range after you hit rb that third time and the projectile is airborne. 

Wow touchy are we.  I don't think there was anything insane about what he posted.  He didn't say anything about melee having it better than range..lol  Where the *cricket* did you read that?

I am having issues on my Sin and my FM.  It isn't really that you go out of range that they reset, because it happens on my Sin and I am right on top of them!  Its a bad issue especially in the new content areas.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can really see this getting fixed. Dear NCWest, drug test your support people.

GM Andrew Today at 11:39

Greetings ePriest,

Thank you for contacting the Blade and Soul Support Team.

As for your concern, we would like to inform you that the mobs' regeneration is working as intended and it is not a bug. Let us explain it further, each enemy has a limited field of vision, although a range class can target and attack a mob, that mob will not detect the player because it is pass of its field of vision. Therefore, if an enemy can't detect your character while you are outside of its field of vision, it will regenerate its health to maximum at once. Please try to keep a minimum distance to the mob so that it can detect you and it will not able to regenerate its health while engaging your character. We hope this clarifies your concern and we apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused. 

Please do contact us again if you have any other concern or question.

Regards,

GM Andrew
NCSOFT Support Team

Is NCWest Support currently hiring? Because I'd love to get paid for doing absolutely nothing all day. It's my dream job.

27 minutes ago, ePriest said:

I can really see this getting fixed. Dear NCWest, drug test your support people.

Is NCWest Support currently hiring? Because I'd love to get paid for doing absolutely nothing all day. It's my dream job.

Thats some BS response right there.  In other words, Hug the enemies face so they can see you otherwise they reset. You can have classes that have a 15m attack range but sadly the enemy can only see you if youre 1m away from it.  I call bullshit! Not my vid but clearly its all working as intended! 

Yeah, it doesn't matter if you're 15m away or 1m away, the mobs reset. Doing dailies on my WL has become a major chore since now I have to stand in melee range (actually, less than melee range, since most melee skills have a small range, like 3m or w/e) and only use wingstorm, rupture, bombardment and helix. (and every other mob still resets) No knockdown, no knock up, no stun, no daze, no repulse, no shackle, etc. I can't even use my thrall, because even if I have no points in any of it's cc, and I summon the thrall after I start the fight, it's despawning causes the mob to derp out and reset, like I'm not even there.

This is a case of bad developers writing bad code that gets published to live servers without any real testing or quality control and then being ignored by bad customer service representatives. NCWest's people are so incompetent, they can't even fix the prices in the achievement vendor, so how much hope can we have for serious gameplay breaking bugs? 

I stopped playing my WL and FM after I hit level 49 and deal with these *cricket*ing stupid mobs resetting, took me hours just to kill 100 mobs for the daily in frostscale basin...totally BS and 1000% BS response from NC staff...it's just BS.

Right, facetanking 1-2m away from the mob while standing still causes the mob not to see you and reset 3 times in a row..! So, excuse me, even if that is true, which is not, tell me what are we suppose to do with the long-range classes? Addandon them? Lets not talk that we have same problem with melee and long-ranged classes. This is NOT working as intended, this response is a joke. 

I had to fight a guy with 100k HP on Jiwan Peak for the storyline today (WL) and the *cricket* has reset three times on me! I was like, *cricket* this bullshit! What's even better, the area where you fight him is circular and is designed so that you can fight him there along with evading, escaping and so on. But no, once I start using my combo on him, he just resets in the middle of fight, with me being in plain sight. And his leash? He can basically chase me through the whole area... So yeah, someone should pull their head out of their asses and do somehting about this bug. Because this is a type of bug that is game-breaking.

That response has to be a April Fool's joke right...right...

OT: This is one of the major bugs that actually needs to be addressed. To reiterate for the developers that may stumble upon this: Mobs/bosses are resetting not from disengage range but just simply resetting. The video posted by Hidaru shows the problem at hand. Also my experience with the Twins in Harbor, their area is small and should not contain any way to reset unless party wipes. Others experience with being clearly in range, <15m.

Rushing content is never a good thing, look at the known issues before the latest one was live. Quality assurance should be the number one thing before "catching" up to the e-sports scene which could've been done by releasing in the previous years.

10 minutes ago, NinjaMH said:

That response has to be a April Fool's joke right...right...

OT: This is one of the major bugs that actually needs to be addressed. To reiterate for the developers that may stumble upon this: Mobs/bosses are resetting not from disengage range but just simply resetting. The video posted by Hidaru shows the problem at hand. Also my experience with the Twins in Harbor, their area is small and should not contain any way to reset unless party wipes. Others experience with being clearly in range, <15m.

Rushing content is never a good thing, look at the known issues before the latest one was live. Quality assurance should be the number one thing before "catching" up to the e-sports scene which could've been done by releasing in the previous years.

About quality assurance. They have 3 people. 3. Plus 2 testers. At least, that's all that was listed when I watched the credits roll over the other day. (The credits are cute btw, recommend you check 'em out).

They really need to sort out their game and not rush out content, it is an ongoing problem and while I understand their hype (I'm also hyped up for new content) their quality assurance is very poor in standard and could really do with an overhaul. I love this game, I have put quite a bit of money into it and don't plan to leave.. but I'd like to be able to play the game the way it was intended in the beginning bug-free. Heck, pick me pick me NcSoft. I'm currently unemployed! I'll game-test for you for minimum wage.. I'll do support work for you as-well if you want! 

5 hours ago, ePriest said:

So what they're saying is....ranged classes are not intended to be in the game -.- really.....

If mobs reset within range of your game's ranged classes' skills, increase their field of vision. Seriously. This is ridiculous.
Dailies now take me 3 times as long because I have to kill the same mobs 2-4 times over until they actually die. If it happened once in a while, I wouldn't mind as much. But this literally happens CONSTANTLY. This is not something they should dismiss as "working as intended".  Horrible support. They should be ashamed of themselves...

What kind of parameters is mob reset code even based on?

After reading several issues on mob behavior after the patch, it's obvious that the detection code is shotty at best.

Some mobs no where near you aggro on you, at the same time other mobs detection probably goes haywire mid battle at times and think there's nothing to target so they reset.

It's an old game, but Ive seen older games better reprogrammed and better optimized than this one, hell even other versions work better. NCSOFT programmers are either lazy, incompetent, or both.

I have the same problem. Talking to support seem to be useless since they think we are stupid. Their replies are on level of 10-year-old, though maybe a 10-year-old child will give me a better answer. They just copy past their replies. I completely lost my trust in NCsoft today.

On 3/28/2016 at 7:28 PM, ePriest said:

Yes. Soul Shackle likes to reset npcs. And so does literally everything else. It's not related specifically to Soul Shackle.

thats interesting because i have yet to see a mob reset on fm or wl. then again i dont spec my shackle down stage one lke 99% of the community so maybe its just that version of it thats bugged.

9 hours ago, ThePrelate said:

I had to fight a guy with 100k HP on Jiwan Peak for the storyline today (WL) and the *cricket* has reset three times on me! I was like, *cricket* this bullshit! What's even better, the area where you fight him is circular and is designed so that you can fight him there along with evading, escaping and so on. But no, once I start using my combo on him, he just resets in the middle of fight, with me being in plain sight. And his leash? He can basically chase me through the whole area... So yeah, someone should pull their head out of their asses and do somehting about this bug. Because this is a type of bug that is game-breaking.

This mob is the worst I have seen so far. I personally had him reset 5 times before I was able to kill him. Anytime I used SS he would reset.

This was happening to me a bunch today, mainly with Soul Shackle.  It's infuriating and has nearly got me killed a few times.  I'm not the least bit surprised that NC has yet to even acknowledge the problem.  You don't have to fix something if you pretend it's not broken!

What a lazy, incompetent F'ing company.

I tried doing tower on my WL today the last guy on the 3rd floor rest 5 times when i s DPSing the crap out of him in melee range...great job before the patch tower was a cake walk on my Wl now it's a *cricket*ing nighmare full of resets and my Thrall being ignored completely on floor 7 and also on floor 7 the dude breaks out of snare with 5 point strike which never used to happen so now i have no way to CC him as knock down resests and snare wont work at all. 

This shit is so broken it's a joke

6 hours ago, OuchThatHurt said:

I tried doing tower on my WL today the last guy on the 3rd floor rest 5 times when i s DPSing the crap out of him in melee range...great job before the patch tower was a cake walk on my Wl now it's a *cricket*ing nighmare full of resets and my Thrall being ignored completely on floor 7 and also on floor 7 the dude breaks out of snare with 5 point strike which never used to happen so now i have no way to CC him as knock down resests and snare wont work at all. 

This shit is so broken it's a joke

Haha, so true. When it happened to me on a lock the first time, I was likeWTF is this?! Then it happened again... And again... And again... Until I had no choice but to hit him on melee range and in the exact center of arena.

NCsoft wanted mobs to master the move called "Blind Fold attacks" but since the mobs AI below 1 so they couldn't master it and they are just reset for good....

NCsoft staff responded is a FAILED reading one too so he doesn't have a damn clue what we are talking here even clearly show on a video clip LOL

18 minutes ago, BlueBlue said:

NCsoft wanted mobs to master the move called "Blind Fold attacks" but since the mobs AI below 1 so they couldn't master it and they are just reset for good....

NCsoft staff responded is a FAILED reading one too so he doesn't have a damn clue what we are talking here even clearly show on a video clip LOL

their support doesnt even care, so i dont bother reporting. Last time i sent them a bug and they didnt bother fixing it. No wonder why this game is dying. No one in this 60 man guild i joined is even playing anymore 2-3 people on, and the last two days it has just been me. I'll probably end up leaving too because some of these bugs are way too serious and i feel like they dont even care.

The first time my WL fought Bomani on floor 3 of Mushin's Tower he reset TEN times before I finally killed him. Two of them happened within 5 seconds with both of us standing right in the middle of the floor facing eachother. Not sure what's going on there.

Here is a video my ingame friend sent me today.  She uploaded this today.  She happened to be recording when this particular mob, one of many by the way reset and then just completely disappeared.  So this isn't just a "mobs working as intended nonsense".  There is something wrong and there are way too many mobs doing this.  

Archived