Mobs Reseting

Richard Rahl

15 hours ago, Negaimu said:

thats interesting because i have yet to see a mob reset on fm or wl. then again i dont spec my shackle down stage one lke 99% of the community so maybe its just that version of it thats bugged.

You missed the post where I said I stopped using soul shackle entirely, and that it happens on my WL, FM, Sin, BM and BD.

I seem to recall only one of those even having soul shackle, but I'll double check. Just in case I'm a drooling idiot.

===

Got a new reply on my support topic today, once a day seems to be how often the cronjob sends out the auto-replies.

GM Venus Today at 01:15

Hello,

Thank you for the update.

We do apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you.

While we here at Support love hearing from you, the best place to get your feedback heard by the Devs is on the forums. Which I've linked for you below:

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/en/?

The developers are reading that forum thread constantly. If you can, please go there and submit any feedback that you have.

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to contact us again and we will gladly assist you in anyway we can.

Regards,

GM Venus
NCSOFT Support Team

Apparently, the "developers" are hanging on our every word. Obviously they either can't reproduce the bug on their NCWest standard TRS-80s, or they can't figure out how to fix it because none of them can google up some coding skills.

They certainly haven't been reassuring us, or even attempting to placate us while they desperately beg for an upstream patch, divine intervention or, a transfer to the much less stressful (or accountable) support department.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are you guys on about? This is nothing new. It has zero to  do with your class, or range from your enemy. It has to do with range from their zone. If you make them chase you far enough, they reset. Prior to the patch the enemy would actually leave you and walk back to their starting position with full health. Now they just 'poof' and re-appear back at their starting position with full health. Been happening as long as I can remember.

In soulstone plains pvp zone, there's that stupid lancer mob hovering around the crate/meteor area that literally resets if you take him 1 meter away from his spot. There's a couple of other mobs out there that does this. I understand taking the mob 15 meters away will reset it but common, 1 meter?

1 minute ago, ChanChan said:

What are you guys on about? This is nothing new. It has zero to  do with your class, or range from your enemy. It has to do with range from their zone. If you make them chase you far enough, they reset. Prior to the patch the enemy would actually leave you and walk back to their starting position with full health. Now they just 'poof' and re-appear back at their starting position with full health. Been happening as long as I can remember.

That's not what we're talking about, read first, watch the videos, then respond.

The mobs reset while you're facetanking them, without ever running away from them, thus no chasing involved, no moving them out of zone.

Example: I head to frostscale on my BD, I attack a mob (or it attacks me), it's hitting me, I'm hitting it, it's almost dead, then POOF! it has full HP again.

It's still right in front of me, and I have it's attention against because it reset right in the middle of me doing a skill. So now I'm damaged right, and it's hitting me and I'm hitting it. No biggie, I'll still kill it because it only took 10% of my HP the first time, when suddenly POOF! it's full HP again, and I'm down 20%+ HP.

Again I've got aggro from it because I had no chance to disengage, but this time I kill it.

After 3-4 mobs in a row doing this, I'm hurt enough that I have to use a bun.

It doesn't matter what you do. It doesn't matter what you don't do. It doesn't matter what class you are, or what skills you use or don't use, they just reset for no reason at all, and they do it again and again.

34 minutes ago, ChanChan said:

Yes, this is exactly what we're talking about, thank you ChanChan for clarifying this to us 'cause appearantly we never played any other MMO and we don't know what's the normal reset and the non-normal reset. Omg we're so Idiots..! Thank you once again! P.S. Keep reading the topics with that much attention as you do, gg, great help!

32 minutes ago, ePriest said:

That's not what we're talking about, read first, watch the videos, then respond.

I did watch the videos. The first just looks like someone's attacking with a broken weapon doing zero damage, it happens. The second one actually doesn't show any resetting. Player attacks, health bar goes down, enemy dies. The only resetting I have ever seen is when I get too far from an enemy's intended area and they run back to their spot. Now there are times when I have taken too long to clear an area and mobs respawn. In fact it happens often in BSH and NSH.

But what I think I'm really seeing is a group of people crying because they boo-boo'd and now they want to blame the developers. Which is stupid, especially after they have given you a formal response on exactly how it works. Sux 2bu.

2 minutes ago, Ethria said:

Yes, this is exactly what we're talking about, thank you ChanChan for clarifying this to us 'cause appearantly we never played any other MMO and we don't know what's the normal reset and the non-normal reset. Omg we're so Idiots..! Thank you once again! P.S. Keep reading the topics with that much attention as you do, gg, great help!

Glad you recognize your faults. Now you know what to work on.

Edit: PS: I love it when  you guys think you're delivering a burn or sarcasm to others. Do you think it matters? Thats hilarious. Nobody here knows anybody else here. Its a condition called 'anonymity'. Nobody here will ever be able to have an effect on the lives of anyone else here. I should say 'sorry you feel that way', but the fact that the threat is absolute zero means nobody ever has to. So, not sorry. There.

On 3/25/2016 at 4:52 PM, Richard Rahl said:

Anyone else having trouble with mobs resetting because you pushed them back with repulse?

I am your typical caster DPS type player, I normally DPS from max range, this bug drive me nuts. The solution that fixes it, 1 send Thrall in, 2 stand in melee range. Not a fan of the second solution, but I can't wait the time for Thrall to reset if I'm grinding out kills. Fortunately my 3 Nuke attack tends to clear away most mobs. 

p.s. Dragon Call = Nuke, you can string a bunch of them in a row if you are built right, most NPCs die on the second one, small boss NPCs die on the third. 

17 minutes ago, ChanChan said:

I diGlad you recognize your faults. Now you know what to work on.

Edit: PS: I love it when  you guys think you're delivering a burn or sarcasm to others. Do you think it matters? Thats hilarious. Nobody here knows anybody else here. Its a condition called 'anonymity'. Nobody here will ever be able to have an effect on the lives of anyone else here. I should say 'sorry you feel that way', but the fact that the threat is absolute zero means nobody ever has to. So, not sorry. There.

It burned you enough to answer sweety..! Eitherway, you're either new to MMO's or you're getting payed to try to convience us that everyone is crazy except you and the support! No matter what, you have nothing to contribute to this topic, so lets everyone ignore ChanChan that got burned enough to answer with 4 lines! xoxo

43 minutes ago, ChanChan said:

I did watch the videos. The first just looks like someone's attacking with a broken weapon doing zero damage, it happens. The second one actually doesn't show any resetting. Player attacks, health bar goes down, enemy dies. The only resetting I have ever seen is when I get too far from an enemy's intended area and they run back to their spot. Now there are times when I have taken too long to clear an area and mobs respawn. In fact it happens often in BSH and NSH.

But what I think I'm really seeing is a group of people crying because they boo-boo'd and now they want to blame the developers. Which is stupid, especially after they have given you a formal response on exactly how it works. Sux 2bu.

Glad you recognize your faults. Now you know what to work on.

You did watch the videos?  Really?  My friends video shows she walks right up on the two mobs, one she kills (she never runs away or moves to far away, she is right on top of the mob) and the tusked elephant suddenly resets then completely disappears.   You need glasses.  

1 hour ago, ChanChan said:

you're an idiot please leave because you have no clue what you're talking about, if you don't experience this please leave because this is an actual bug.... and i dont see a point in trying to discredit this serious problem.

Yes to far away in a closed room, when you are in the middle area of it.....

You can forget to run Brightstone solo as a Warlock, because the boss always resets because of SoulShakle.

I submitted this problem to the support and they sayd they handed it off to the developer. But they could tell me nothing more. 

It's not even in a official post with known issues.

The bug with Soulburn on Blackwyrm they fixxed already now with the today patch, but bugs in that players have massive problems and can't play properly they forget completely!

It's been happening since Warlock was introduced.  We've run into the issue in the Tomb of Exiles dungeon where we kill a whole mob (Ken Shiro's group of goons)  which is supposed to drop the wall of fire and allow us to proceed.  But instead the mob respawns and has to be killed several times to clear the area.  I have been known to yell "You are already dead!" at that point in the fight, which nobody understands.  This was Kenshiro's famous phrase in the Fist of the North Star manga/anime upon whom this game character is no doubt named.  

This bug also happens in open area mob kills and in Nightshade where mobs doing combat with you will suddenly drop aggro and run away.  They're not being pulled out of their attack zone, they just reset.   This is all annoying when you have burned pots or buffs and skills are in cooldown and the mobs end up coming at you with full health and no cooling.   

11 hours ago, ChanChan said:

YouWhat are you guys on about? This is nothing new. It has zero to  do with your class, or range from your enemy. It has to do with range from their zone. If you make them chase you far enough, they reset. Prior to the patch the enemy would actually leave you and walk back to their starting position with full health. Now they just 'poof' and re-appear back at their starting position with full health. Been happening as long as I can remember.

You're obviously a ncsoft employee in disguise trying to cover up a serious problem the korean devs need to fix, just stop.

Can a dev/mod take a look at this page???? Because this is a serious problem and i will leave if it not fixed. It's a huge pain in the ass when a mob's HP RESETS 3 TIMES IN A ROW WHEN YOU'RE TRYING TO LEVEL UP! Can we get a reply? Or something? Jesus christ! Don't expect me to keep giving you guys money if you're gonna be lazy as hell. I already gave you hundreds and you're support has been really trashy and unhelpful. I'm about to just leave and try out black desert, if we are just gonna be ignored.

5 minutes ago, wishery7 said:

For some reason i think this is gonna be ignored.... RIP Blade and Soul....

Most likely it will. When I sent them a ticket for a broken quest (the giant crabs one), the answer I got back was something like: "We are happy that your issue is resolved." I even provided them with a video with whats not working correctly. 

I got another response!

GM Eduard Today at 00:54

Hello,

We are deeply sorry for the confusion.

With regards to your issue, this is currently a known issue and the Development Team is working to correct this in a future update.

I'm sorry, but the Game Support Team does not have a workaround at this time. Once a fix has been created and tested it will be made available in a future update.

Please let us know if we can be of any other assistance.

Regards,

GM Eduard
NCSOFT Support Team

Acknowledgement at last.

Archived