Mobs Reseting

Richard Rahl

Anyone else having trouble with mobs resetting because you pushed them back with repulse? Ever since the new patch ive gone through the new silverfrost area on my warlock and have had around two dozen mobs respawn simply because I pushed them to group up. I also noticed this was an issue in the 24 man poh when I tried to group four snapjaws and then use soul shackle and imprison typically 1-3 of the 4 would reset right after I dropped the soul shackle. Anyone other then me having this problem? is it also a problem for other classes with knockback skills like the kfm's tab skill?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had this problem on my FM since launch. Whenever they get frozen on long range, they become untargetable and regain all their health. I've figured that I should just go melee range, which nullifies the whole range concept.

2 minutes ago, YonHyakuNiju said:

I've had this problem on my FM since launch. Whenever they get frozen on long range, they become untargetable and regain all their health. I've figured that I should just go melee range, which nullifies the whole range concept.

lol, you are utterly insane if you think melee have it better than ranged in this game. Mobs reset for melee as well, we just lose half our life when it happens while you set afk at the safety of range. 

Most likely you are moving just out of range after you hit rb that third time and the projectile is airborne. 

Just now, KatHead said:

lol, you are utterly insane if you think melee have it better than ranged in this game. Mobs reset for melee as well, we just lose half our life when it happens while you set afk at the safety of range. 

Where did I mention melee's having it better? I just told the poster how I handle this issue on my own ranged character. 

ill second what kathead said about bm's getting reset on. I had a group of 3 mobs north west corner of nsh reset on me when I used ankle biter while strafing. my weapon was broken too so I was literally fighting for my life just trying to clear the immediate area so I could climb up and get the heck outa there. it turned into a 10 minute ordeal. killed one, the other 2 reset after I knocked them down and attacked me again. then the dead one respawned and I had to play with all 3 till I dropped them and get the heck outa there. was not a fun experience.

alright now that I think of it 10 minutes it prolly too long but it seemed like forever, maybe 5 would be more accurate. cant say I timed it too well too busy just trying to kill the damn things before more could respawn.

yup happens to me alot on my FM aswell and only in the new zones, and as posted above i too move into melee range that seems to work fine for me also, but indeed its kinda strange to fight in melee range while your a ranged class

its not just warlock........

since silver frost released 8/10 mobs i touch resets...

doing the 100mobs 24 man dungeon is hell created on earth...

its insane how many times i pulled my hair from frustration cuz of this bug..

by the end of the week ill have no hair to pull..

i play FM and warlock and my FM is now the world's champion of mob reseter.

bns..................

It's not just warlock. This happens on every class, it's just more frequent on warlock.

Shackle causes it the most often, but it's not that the skill is bugged or anything. Even if you don't shackle, the mobs reset. SS (backstep) resets them (with or without being specced to shackle), running in a circle 8m from the mob resets them, pushing them back with repulse resets them, knocking them down resets them, knocking them up in the air resets them, shooting them from 1m range while they pummel you in the face the whole time resets them. Everything resets them. Running behind a pebble on the ground resets them, same for nearly imperceptible wrinkles in the terrain.

It's not an issue with a specific class, it's a problem with the code that is intended to reset mobs when you drag them too far. Someone has screwed up, and instead of disabling that bit of code, NC is just sitting around twiddling their collective thumbs, as usual. Posting on the forum is great for telling other players that it isn't just them, but it won't actually help resolve the issue because nobody important actually reads the forum.

There are a couple of NCWest employees tasked with reading the forum and responding, and at the end of the day or at the end of the week these people make a list of issues and send them to someone that won't read them. Same thing if you report a bug in a support ticket, you write it, someone reads it (or more likely skims it quickly, judging from all the support responses that completely miss the point of the ticket.) then they click the big shiny button that sends you a canned response, and the bug report goes into a black hole, never to be seen again until the same bug is refiled and some other bored, underpaid person has to quickly skim it again.

Just now, ePriest said:

Yes. Soul Shackle likes to reset npcs. And so does literally everything else. It's not related specifically to Soul Shackle.

Strictly talking about warlocks, that's the only skill that resets for me, that's all I'm saying.

I'm happy for you. Unfortunately some of us that don't even use Soul Shackle are getting tired of spending 2 hours doing 'Shifting Beneath The Snow' and having to kill 311/100 mobs every day. Everything resets them, you've just been extraordinarily lucky. 

Its not only warlock thing, I have the same issue with all my chars.. Yesterday some mobs reset twice..! Again yesterday, I had 4 mobs on me, all 4 reset at the same time..! I'm facetanking, not moving from my spot and the mobs reset..! For me all started since the silverfrost release.. Any fix comming any time soon? Cause I asked in twitter BnS OPS and blade & soul official and got no answer. Or maybe I should report with a ticket..?

15 hours ago, mayuri said:

yup happens to me alot on my FM aswell and only in the new zones, and as posted above i too move into melee range that seems to work fine for me also, but indeed its kinda strange to fight in melee range while your a ranged class

I'd seen in the forums this was a "warlock" thing and so I knew about it before getting to the new content... then I went and did the new content on my FM, and had it happen CONSTANTLY.

This never happened in the old content, on any class, but the leashing was horrible. I don't know what they did in the new content in terms of aggro management, but it is horrible for how it plays with our skills. Mobs that should be entirely easy to kill are a pain now; tap them and can't pull back to kite and avoid their slams or jumps, so either just get jumped on or go into melee and not have the same mitigation that melee would.

I do not look forward to leveling my warlock through that content with this bug/behavior, and boy I don't look forward to leveling any of my melee characters in the new content.

Annoying, but if it's been this way since launch in the other regions ... ha.

Ever since the silverfrost patch when chaining enemies or groups of mobs to the ground with chains they all reset and go back to their spot. It's extremely annoying.  It doesn't even just happen on mobs. I had it happen on Balrok twice, one of the minibosses at Grand Harvest Square

And its not only that you need to work again to kill the same mob/boss (if someone didn't ks'd you till that point using the mob reset at his favor), but our major skills are burned already which practically forces us to auto attack till cd's are off...

Edit: One thing is for sure, this is NOT suppose to work like this, you can't tell me that a mob can reset multiple times while facetanking and its a normal thing... It must be fixed as soon as possible. 

Archived