Level 50 dailies unrealistic?

Pent

Here is what I'm seeing as having recently reached 50. The dailies, to me at least, seem unrealistic and problematic especially for a melee fresh out of 45 content. You have a number of different options for 50 dailies but none of them really seem as streamlined as the 45 content. It seems disjointed and uncoordinated at best. The plogs and bog dailies take forever to do, especially if you plan on waiting it out for the boss which isn't necessarily required. The frost scale is SUPPOSED to be the new 24 man zone, i think , but doesn't have a party finder in place.  The faction dailies take on average over an hour to do just one with the very real chance of being one shotted if you make a mistake on a big boss. Now mind you we are fresh out of 45 content but the requirement in time seems to have increased from 45 to 50 in regards to completing dailies. This isn't even including the harvest dailies which only happen on specific time periods and the beast dailies which almost no one wants to do from what I'm seeing. In short what I'm noticing is...should we be sticking to the 45 dailies because of this unforeseen wall that NC has erected for the 50 dailies? Does anyone have any suggestions in regards to what dailies to stick to for Hongmoon XP and gold? It's really frustrating me and I would like a more clear road map of what I need to try to do on a daily basis.

I know kinda what you mean. They are all over the place, take forever, and honestly not even very fun. I have just been doing the 45 dailies and a few of the "Kill x amount of monsters" level 50 dailies that I have found scattered around the new areas. I did that Frost area 24 man dailies one day without even realizing it was the new 24 man. It is just a giant boring pit. Some of the new blue dungeons arent to bad and pretty fast dailies, but either I missed it somehow or some of the new blue dungeons dont even have dailies.

The new faction dailies are awful. I will just buy any items I might need from the market instead of doing those. That new Harvest event is an absolute TRAINWRECK and I will never bother with that again. All in all, the new 50 stuff just isnt very fun.

I'm agreeing with you guys. Not only did the 50 content came too early (i'm already max true pirate on one char, but can't play another char due to lack of time), it is also atrocious. Faction dailies put me on tilt, during the mining phase I realised that I disliked the whole concept of an all out war. 24man dungeons are very boring, both design and the given tasks and it is unclear on how to make bosses spawn it feels like a gaint wait game over there. Ploggle sanctum is a massive derp. The only thing that I actually felt comfortable with was the expansion of the storyline, the new winter area and the regular dailies like we were used to at misty woods. 

Some noteworthy things that only affected a few including myself :

-removal of 4man -> I've spent a alot of time farming certain items, currently i'm boasting the cobalt wig on my main. I'm proud having gained that, but now that items like these which first felt like exclusive items for hard workers are open to pick up for everyone, I lost the motivation to grind anything.

-Heroic dungeons difficulty -> Besides the strat required for yeti, these dungeons were a complete joke. No difficulty at all, anyone with basic understanding of the game and decent gear(460+ ap) could hop in a 4man and come out victorious.

-Upgrade mats -> 170 frozen darts, 7 naryu tablets??? I've already cleared the new dungeons numerous times and yet i'm not even close to gathering mats for upgrades. I can already imagine that players will have to clear 1000's of runs to complete one character. This is very unfriendly towards players that want to re-roll or maintain various characters since all classes are fun.

Regardless of this i'll just try to adapt find new things that I enjoy in this game, combat is as fun as it always was. Performance slightly improved, so no complaints over there.

50 minutes ago, Pent said:

Here is what I'm seeing as having recently reached 50. The dailies, to me at least, seem unrealistic and problematic especially for a melee fresh out of 45 content.

The faction dailies take on average over an hour to do just one with the very real chance of being one shotted if you make a mistake on a big boss. Now mind you we are fresh out of 45 content but the requirement in time seems to have increased from 45 to 50 in regards to completing dailies.

Hmm, no, there is nothing wrong with the content. You are L45 in a L50 zone, fact of the matter is, you shouldn't be. The issue you are complain about is the same as those L31s in a L36 dungeon. They do not belong there.

Do the quest, level up to L48 or higher, then do those dailies. Life will be much easier.

4 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

Damn ShiroUmi, you beated me with pointing it out XD.

I'm not lvl50 yet, so i can't talk about the big blues neither the fraction dailies since i usualy skip them, pvp isn't my game, bit what i can see:

-The zone is huge and transporting is boring as hell...i usualy enjoy running through the zones and "exploring", but Skypetal plains is just soo empty and flat, i don't feel the desire to run through it...(this is the first zone i'm using windstride between camps)

-There are no mobs at all, only big *ss monsters, i feel myself like hopping back into Tera, where you need to zig-zag to trespass BAMs

-There are no quests beside the storyline...I can understand the motives behind it, since our character is kinda blinded by anger and rushes to kick some arses, but still...a game without quests is just an interactive movie XD

-The first daily you face upon entering the zone is lvl50 one (as each others you'll find later) which is kinda...discouraging for a fresh lvl45 caracter to see

-Almost all of the dailies are event-based...the whole thing feels like a huge 24 man raid without monsters and players...The area is so huge, it's almost impossible to meet another human being, let alone to find a party for quests (beside harvest)

-The events are either overcrowded (the bosses dies before you could land a hit on them) or no one do them...

The only things i like in it so far is Zaiwei...it's simply gorgeous...and the Granny...i love that **** old hag :D

I realy hope my opinion will change as i proceede in quests and lvl tho.

i will say 1 thing the new faction dailies are waste of time 8 hours and i didn't finish more than 1 quest the 8 kills one the other quests are hard when the boss aoe take 35+ of ur hp at 1 hit and becouse i'm meele class assassin i can't do enough damge to get the boss quest item cuz i have all the time runing from boss aoes if i lived throw it some how.

so i give up faction dailies :D

sure range class have it easier nuke the boss from the safe zone ^^

21 minutes ago, ShiroUmi said:

@AttacKat just incase your eyes took off to Mars

Your POV is based on people trying to do the L50 dailies from L45 content, Our eyes are on the same level here. Just because you rushed your char from L45 to L50, doesn't make mean your gear is ready for L50. Did you upgrade all of your gears since your L45? I know I didn't, and couldn't even if I tried in <2 days.

9 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

Your POV is based on people trying to do the L50 dailies from L45 content, Our eyes are on the same level here. Just because you rushed your char from L45 to L50, doesn't make mean your gear is ready for L50. Did you upgrade all of your gears since your L45? I know I didn't, and couldn't even if I tried in <2 days.

I think thats partially the point/problem.

You cant upgrade much of the old 45 gear yet so even if you hit level 50 your really only 45. Going around doing levl 50 dailies as a 45 as a result takes much longer and has much more room for error. Look at the beastborg area. Those things can swarm and chain cc pretty easily and with the current gear it can become a nightmare. OR if you had better gear youd probably be able to faceroll them like the people who asked for 450+ for things like bsh/poh.naryu

I don't even bother with dailies anymore. Soulstone plains is enough for me. Gets me plenty of gold + soulstones. I don't need to worry about kill stealing or a lack of mobs in the area. Don't have to run 10 miles just to finish 1 quest. Don't even have to worry about elitist assholes.

The problem is not the content release speed, the 50 content is just garbage, combined with the garbage crafting, garbage economy, and the garbage market limitations it becomes a fckfest from hell.

At least the dailies at 45 were pretty streamlined, the new dailies are completely disjointed rubbish, especially the harvest one in town. If you accidentally load in an active zone you crash GG. The way tagging bosses is rubbish too, if you tap it you should get credit, if you dc you should get credit, if you crash you should get credit when the boss dies.

level 50 is not fun, plain and simple. it's not a matter of whether you're "geared" for it or not...it's just not fun. this is also compared to what 45 was like, which imo was considerably more fun, varied, and allowed for various levels of play styles.

My warlock is lvl 50 and was as geared out as she could be, need STS's and I'm not wasting 90g ea on them but I have to agree. I tried both the 24 mans and *cricket* they're boring. I didn't even notice Beastbog was even a 24 man while I was doing it while leveling up and soulstone plains.... that place is just a pain in the ass... I'm glad I'm not melee cause if I was then I would rarely be able to walk away with any if not no prestige and if you die and the guy dies and someone revives you, you no longer keep the prestige it gives you like you use to.

Anyways, the only thing I personally enjoyed so far was the story and that itself was pretty shitty. I don't mean the story itself, I mean the god awful voices, the mix matched voice to text and the crappy audio in some cut scenes. They should have never rushed this without fully looking through these issues and fixing them before releasing it. It's pretty ridiculous. 

Anyways, that's not what this topic is about, I honestly agree with the OP, the dailies are seriously boring. When I log on I ask myself, do I seriously want to do these dailies? Then I end up afking since I got nothing better to do since the dungeons are meh, also doesn't help that a lot of my friends are quitting lol or just don't log on as much as before.

Also, they need to change the voices of the blue guy that talks in soulstone plains, he sounds like a dumbass, it's terrible.... that laugh....

Granny #1

Lack of party finder for the newer "24-man" maps are what keeps me from doing those dailies. Sure, I can ask in /c for a party or invite a few people I see on the map but it's just not efficient time:reward. Some older dailies (http://apps.keeky.net/blade-and-soul/daily/) are faster completion for more silvers - if you ignore the fact of certificates and newer materials. I end up spamming FF4 usually.

What do you guys do in soulplains to earn lots of money? I mean, there are dailies - some of which require a competent army so they don't reset bosses over and over. And it takes so long...

I'd highly suggest searching for a clan to do the Lvl50 content if you didn't already. Makes things so much easier, where on Lvl45 you could pretty much play solo.

The biggest downside of the lvl50 content are the new 24-dungeons, imho. They pretty much suck. Well, they wouldn't if you could just search for a party as good as you could for E.Fleet/NSH. Killing 100 mobs alone is just stupid.

I was a little bit frustrated when the new content came. My character got sent back to start, leveling is a pain and the content wasn't as great on first look. It took quite some time for me to start liking the content. I hope it does for you guys, too.

If anyone wants to know a quite solid daily rotation route. Maybe that's an issue for some people.

There's a amazing list from Mailliwchess. For everyone who's interested: https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/4bt9ec/silverfrost_update_daily_quests_list/

On 3/26/2016 at 8:55 PM, Hongmoon said:

I don't even bother with dailies anymore. Soulstone plains is enough for me. Gets me plenty of gold + soulstones. I don't need to worry about kill stealing or a lack of mobs in the area. Don't have to run 10 miles just to finish 1 quest. Don't even have to worry about elitist assholes.

Yeah but soulstone dailies for me is painful. I am melee and it's just as bad as farming blackwyrm or terrors.

On 3/26/2016 at 8:41 PM, FieryPassion said:

I think thats partially the point/problem.

You cant upgrade much of the old 45 gear yet so even if you hit level 50 your really only 45. Going around doing levl 50 dailies as a 45 as a result takes much longer and has much more room for error. Look at the beastborg area. Those things can swarm and chain cc pretty easily and with the current gear it can become a nightmare. OR if you had better gear youd probably be able to faceroll them like the people who asked for 450+ for things like bsh/poh.naryu

Again the problem isn't really gear. It's more or less placement. I mean in theory you could do the shiverspine dailies, all of which are soloable. That's what I ended up doing today but overall the distance between creates more of a timesink. I liked Efleet and NSH because they were close together and you did multiple quests at once rather than a few quests here and a few quests there.

5 hours ago, Nutrient said:

Lack of party finder for the newer "24-man" maps are what keeps me from doing those dailies. Sure, I can ask in /c for a party or invite a few people I see on the map but it's just not efficient time:reward. Some older dailies (http://apps.keeky.net/blade-and-soul/daily/) are faster completion for more silvers - if you ignore the fact of certificates and newer materials. I end up spamming FF4 usually.

What do you guys do in soulplains to earn lots of money? I mean, there are dailies - some of which require a competent army so they don't reset bosses over and over. And it takes so long...

I thought about this but the thought of continuing Efleet or NSH seems problematic? I am thinking about doing this during the week days when I don't have as much time but I forsee that there won't be as many people in these zones compared to before. It was already a time crunch for me before with a 50 hour a week job. I barely had time to just do those two zones and occasionally do Mushins tower.

5 hours ago, Meiling said:

Anyways, that's not what this topic is about, I honestly agree with the OP, the dailies are seriously boring. When I log on I ask myself, do I seriously want to do these dailies? Then I end up afking since I got nothing better to do since the dungeons are meh, also doesn't help that a lot of my friends are quitting lol or just don't log on as much as before.

All dailies are boring. You have to force yourself to do them especially if you didn't sign up for soul wardens and whatever other craft is profitable. I am on that boat and not about to jump on that boat. I was just fuming over the scarcity of dailies and how many of them are unreasonable for a melee at the moment. Soul plains and the greensquatch dailies are two that come to mind. Not to mention the issue of tagging bosses in all of the event based dailies which people don't always get credit for and I'm no different. I just need to find a happy medium of dailies that I can live with and manage on a regular work week. Thanks for everyones input.

36 minutes ago, Pent said:

Yeah but soulstone dailies for me is painful. I am melee and it's just as bad as farming blackwyrm or terrors.

Learn to pick your battles. If you don't have the skill, the only bosses you need to avoid are fierce and the last boss, maybe grassquatch and grindtooth if you're ultra bad. You can farm everything else with little threat.

52 minutes ago, Pent said:

All dailies are boring. You have to force yourself to do them especially if you didn't sign up for soul wardens and whatever other craft is profitable. I am on that boat and not about to jump on that boat. I was just fuming over the scarcity of dailies and how many of them are unreasonable for a melee at the moment. Soul plains and the greensquatch dailies are two that come to mind. Not to mention the issue of tagging bosses in all of the event based dailies which people don't always get credit for and I'm no different. I just need to find a happy medium of dailies that I can live with and manage on a regular work week. Thanks for everyones input.

Dailies will eventually get boring but it matters on how fast they get boring. 45 dailies I enjoyed, they were fun for awhile but eventually got tiresome so I took a break then went back for WL and enjoyed them again. the 50 content makes me just want to go no... no thank you, this is stupid. the old 24 mans were nice. Maybe a bit eh to some cause it's just a 24 man versions of the 4 and 6 mans but for me at least, it helped me learn the fights so when I went into 6 or 4 man runs, I knew fo the most part what I was doing, it was a nice progression. Also I didn't feel like I was running around everywhere.

So much whining....

The issue is not the dailies, the issue is we only got 50% of Silver Frost update.....there is another 50% to come including the new 24 man dungeons.

Take a chill pill and play an alt while we wait for the rest.

2 minutes ago, sonatine said:

this isn't whining. this is pointing out the things we don't enjoy in the game we used to enjoy just a few weeks ago. 

Let me say it again, we only got 50% of the Silverfrost update.

Just wait.....play an alt, get some vitamin D, clean the house, get drunk, go out and meet chicks, the sky isn't falling.

i am fresh lvl 50 HM5 as well with average gear and therefore having a difficult time with the soulstone plains and the beast bog or whatever that was that i skipped entirely, i know that if i upgrade my gear to their next levels, i would have better chances of doing the new content with ease and therefore be able to enjoy the new materials that come with the new content (dungeons, 24man, event, pvp, etc)...till then, i would have to wait and grind and enjoy the old lvl 45 content...heck, now i can kick junghado's *ss with ease where before i couldn't even scratch him :)..i have so many things planned for my toon and have very little time to do that (i have a 48hour work week too) incl upgrading my soulshield to BiS, getting better gear, the hard to get outfits, pvp, etc..and that's how i am able to still play and enjoy the game even with the difficulty setting raised a little high vs my skills and i'm sure pretty soon i will also beat mushin on the 8th floor..take that mushin!!! 

PS..i am HM 5 not because of grind, it is because i liked the 24man so much that i always play it and before i know it, i reached HM5...it is so fun blocking slashimi, all these mindless little things, these are my reasons why i play...so if you lost yours, why stay? if you want an easy life, then this game is not for you.

Archived