This is really getting old.

CipherLogic

This may be relevant to where you stand on the market/PvP ranks or something, I've heard from people on my server about this, but I've never got a single gold seller request in-game (I did get some messages on the forums tho) I play on EU Ebon Hall.

42 minutes ago, BirdSpirit said:

I keep getting requests from that exact same name. It's annoying as hell and blocking them does not work.

Same here.

Didn't had this before the Silverfrost update,afked some time ingame yesterday and when I came back I was getting whispers from a gold seller.

Blocked it and now I'm getting friend requests.

I'm on Starfall Crater.

Btw I never touched PvP arena in this game so its not that.

I have 4 gold seller bots that keeps tryin friend me ...

they said a while ago that we NOT gonna have them friend requests from BLOCKED people and yet I block those gold sellers and they STILL able to friend req me ...

should I just disable my friend reqs for every1 or they gonna do somethin bout it???

Started getting this spam back when I reached Misty Woods. Probably just a live spammer collecting account names at a warehouse keeper or something where people stand still for a while, then it's added to a script where bots spam away whispers and friend requests.

It's always the same two sending me friend requests, happens a few times per day if I decline (I usually just leave them hanging unaccepted, which also means legit friend requests get awkwardly stuck in limbo). The whispers come from one of the two spammers with a couple of letters added to its name so it gets past the block.

Seriously, if you can't stop this from happening, give us checkboxes to block whispers and friend requests entirely. It can't be so difficult if pretty much every other MMO has such options.

I get hit by these EVERY day. My record was 16 at once. Of course, my best friend who plays has never received a single gold seller friend request. I can not help but wonder what makes some of us so 'special'.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2016 at 8:39 AM, Zarec said:

neither have I....kind of feeling left out.

Trust me you ain't missing out on much. It's certainly a nuisance. It also looks like the same bots are hitting everyone here. Which kind of makes me wonder why no one is doing anything about it. Just restrict the accounts or something. Some sort of action seems warranted here. I doubt they'll just give up and NOT make another 20 accounts to spam with but at least it'll force them to start over. I even got a freakin' email on this forum from the bastards.

I also keep getting these. I'm not into any pvp ranks and I don't afk often. Started getting them way before the SF update. I stopped playing for a while because I lost interest in this game, but log in once in awhile to check if the shop has an outfit I like (yes, this has become another doll dress game for me. :P). Now. Can't do what the mod says because blocking nor reporting works. It's the same names that have been reported weeks ago and they are still around. Also lets face it. Illegal gold sellers seem to be getting quite a profit from this game, considering how strong a presence they have around. Either that or they now have a super automated one button reset button that allows them to spam with millions of bots with no effort at all.

Archived