Since the update all is worse in pvp

CrixuX

Warlock didn't get any significant buffs to their PVP like some other classes did. The problem is that we were low tier at 45. Other classes have too many tools to simply counter our burst (which is not even that great being that every single melee class can knock off around 60% of our HP in a combo that we can't escape from)  and we lack sustained defensive tools and a good pressure option and we have an advantage. Nevermind too that the force master pretty much hard counters us too. 

Nope, we are still on par with the other classes. My WL Ruby Jones 2180 diamond rank 16 does just fine against all classes with summoners and FM being the hardest.

Im not even that great and consider myself gold but if u watch people like Carthh on twitch it'll really help your gameplay.

8 hours ago, KokoroAkechi said:

You say that but every single class besides blade master has 3 people ranked ahead of the highest ranked warlock at this time. On paper warlock is easily punishable and it translates into actual practice. 

You can complain all you want but warlocks do just fine unless you're just spamming buttons, also rank isn't as important considering that just means who queues for the most 1v1 matches and wins and not who is really the better player. There are still win traders in the top 50 players. If the skill levels of two players are on the same level then in the worst match ups like FM/summoner the WL still will have a 49.99% chance of winning.

WL was nerfed yes, but that doesn't mean its weak, if you want to see a weak class play a BM. And also me talking about matchups is really at 2200+ elo right now, anything below that and one or both players won't know their class or other classes as well as they should.

6 minutes ago, BigJ01 said:

You can complain all you want but warlocks do just fine unless you're just spamming buttons, also rank isn't as important considering that just means who queues for the most 1v1 matches and wins and not who is really the better player. There are still win traders in the top 50 players. If the skill levels of two players are on the same level then in the worst match ups like FM/summoner the WL still will have a 49.99% chance of winning.

WL was nerfed yes, but that doesn't mean its weak, if you want to see a weak class play a BM. And also me talking about matchups is really at 2200+ elo right now, anything below that and one or both players won't know their class or other classes as well as they should.

I mained BM before WL come out. After WL come out I still do pvp with only BM because I am so scared to play WL in PVP (yes, never played any matches on WL) Now after seeing your post I wonder should I gave it a try. And yes BM is the hardest lol, my server Rank 1 BM is only around 2300......

I have to agree that Warlocks are in a pretty bad spot in PvP. I consider myself quite average at PvP, and at around 1800 rating I'm in the top 300 warlocks in the region which is ridiculous. Last I checked there still isn't a single Warlock in the Top50 spots and it is the lowest ranked class overall by far. Kokoro's assessment is correct, Warlock was already bottom tier at level 45 and we only get minor improvements in PvP from the extra skillpoints at 50 where as other classes get significant buffs. Hopefully the devs in Korea will address Warlocks soon. 

WLS are the underdogs in pvp atm... I myself cant beat FMS no matter how much i try with that constant freeze they have and its really starting to *cricket* me off. Im not worried though. Warlocks were the kings and queens last tournament and this happened...we got nerfed with heavy hand. I would say with too heavy hand. Next will be someone elses turn. Im just getting a bit annoyed since other classes are getting buffs they dont really need when we get minor fixes here and there. 

BigJ01 i ve seen you posting Wl is fine blah blah all over the forums... Maybe your that good with your wl or a loudmouth talkin BS ans prolly playing a sum secretly... But stating BM was weak... I statt to tend to believe in 2nd option.

I mean srsly in EU 1wl top 50/100 ans i think 2 in top 200 ( and as far ive seen the highest ranked wl dient play since lvl 50 patch. At least his ranking didnt change as far ive seen)

Ans 49,99% ein chance vs fm/sum... Did a lot sparring vs those 2 and watched tons of vids and livestreams but it still remains more like 75/25% lose/win ratio, thinking positive. And when i win its not cause i did everything wright but the sum/fm failed at some point real hard.

I play both PVP-underdogs and got them in the top 300/250 so i'm not the best but no noob either. And i can rly say the other classes have it ways easier. This game is all but not balanced....

Oh and bevor someone says BM ist OP my BM is only lvl 45 and no HM-Skill. BM is maybe only OP if we have the pull (z) HM-Skill.

And WL is simply nerfed to ground and now the weakest class, you only need to look in all regions of Blade & Soul in the Ranking to see that!

On 4/1/2016 at 9:06 AM, Pestiferius said:

BigJ01 i ve seen you posting Wl is fine blah blah all over the forums... Maybe your that good with your wl or a loudmouth talkin BS ans prolly playing a sum secretly... But stating BM was weak... I statt to tend to believe in 2nd option.

I mean srsly in EU 1wl top 50/100 ans i think 2 in top 200 ( and as far ive seen the highest ranked wl dient play since lvl 50 patch. At least his ranking didnt change as far ive seen)

Ans 49,99% ein chance vs fm/sum... Did a lot sparring vs those 2 and watched tons of vids and livestreams but it still remains more like 75/25% lose/win ratio, thinking positive. And when i win its not cause i did everything wright but the sum/fm failed at some point real hard.

No I actually do not even have a summoner, Warlock is Ruby Jones now rank 25 (2180) since I've been on break with bad internet but if ranks are what dictates how "good" a class is then you can call any class not at #1 bad. I'm not saying WL are OP, I'm just saying they're fine where they are right now besides their few glitches where skills don't work. If you want to see some good warlock play just watch Carthh on twitch (#1 WL in NA) or Nodah who streams from JP or KR severs. 

There really aren't any "weak" classes in the game, there's just some that require a little more effort to play at the same level. WL isn't in the top of rankings right now, and we all know that but rankings also include win traders and aren't accurate against skill versus all of the classes because they may just be getting 1-2 classes in the high ranks. But like I said I'm not saying WL is OP, I'm just saying people need to stop complaining it was "nerfed" when it can still play just fine.

As for people saying look at the low amount of WL in the rankings for other regions, thats simply because a lot of people quit after the changes because they didn't like them. So a lot of the high level warlocks (like the world champion last year) are no longer playing warlock and getting high rankings.

Dude srsly maybe you are just lacking the experience of playing other classes but from my side i can tell you i have a kfm and im medicore with him and a BM wich i made 10days ago and i suck with him. Easy to see if you can handle the class if you fight mirror vs same class. I fight Bms with my BM i lose like 66% the matches, i fight KFm with my kfm and i win like 66%...when i fight Wls with my WL i win like 90%+... but still my win/lose ratio overall with Kfm is much higher then WL ans BM is still slightly higher then Wls. When i watch steams from Warlock players and see them winning against FM/Sum i always realise a point where the enemy guy fails and i know i d *cricket* the life outta him too. But when i fight FM/Sum who doesnt fail at some point im just screwed. No idea whats exactly the mix in NA but if you currently try to get ranks in Eu you fight like 40-50% of the time vs Sum or FM (ways more sum then FM though) and like 20-30% vs assa wich i find quit difficult since patch cause 1 single mistake can kill you. I tracked it i had like 70% lose vs Sum and like 80-85% lose vs fm over the weekend and managed to even out vs assa like 50/50%. BD was like 50/50 too rest classes more wins then lose with BM beeing favorite enemy with nearly 90% win but still i m not improving in rank since those classes i suck against, though i exactly know what they do since i have more experience vs them cause fighting those bastards all the time. keep coming every 2nd match...

I made quit some progress vs Sums but still most matches i can only win 1 round but Fm idk..i pull a rock he pulls paper, i use scissors he uses rock. I cant figure any reliable tactic vs them unless they fail real hard by beeing under high pressure wich is kinda hard to achieve since block,block bubble pretty much counters that.

Archived