Elitism and Dungeon Suggestions

Mayaku

Honestly... my gear is much better than yours but I'm still putting off entering the new dungeons until I'm stronger. Spend more time in the level 45 dungeons, do dailies, and get stronger before you try expert dungeons. Sure people shouldn't be jerks when they see you in one of those dungeons, but I understand their frustration. Having a bunch of less geared players in their parties has probably caused them to fail several times already. Seeing you in their group is just frustrating them further. I realize you won't improve all your gear overnight... but that's life. Just do what you are capable of until you are more advanced. Be patient.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, fruitie said:

Wow, such a mature response. You talk about me using entitlement and stubbornness out of context (which they're not), while at the same time using the oh so common insult to call someone who doesn't agree with you a sjw, stupid and a kid. You are showing how very grown up you are. Expecting perfect groups in matchmaking is like expecting only hot chicks at a speed dating event.

People don't know the mechanics? No shit it's only just been release. If it was done flawlessly by every group day 1, we'd be here a week later complaining about how boring and easy the content is. And yes I do know what being carried is. If you're high gear you're still being carried if you're using other peoples high gear as a crutch in order to complete the content. I've been in whole groups where everyone are considered "being carried" according to some people but still completing the content. Explain how that works?

If you want to form your own elitist party then fine, but to expect anything past minimum requirements for matchmaking is moronic. It doesn't take a genius to realise that there will be people on the slightly lower end joining the queue. I had 2 people refusing to participate at the boss on my alt for bsh being I was apparently 2 low for them. They wouldn't even attempt or leave until some time later. Like you, they projected the blame onto me. After they left, I did a better job surviving and soulburn of course helps out a tonne. I personally rate bots over elitists.

That's not to say there aren't people that join with too low gear at all, but really they seem to be in the minority and other people just have too high expectations. The majority of the time I complete the content with no issues, yet I'm not choosy over who participates. So either I'm a god, or people are elitist.

tl;dr: Even though your stubbornness will refuse it, thanks for proving my point.

This. This this this this this this this this a million times this.

Read it and read it again.

52 minutes ago, fruitie said:

Wow, such a mature response. You talk about me using entitlement and stubbornness out of context (which they're not), while at the same time using the oh so common insult to call someone who doesn't agree with you a sjw, stupid and a kid. You are showing how very grown up you are. Expecting perfect groups in matchmaking is like expecting only hot chicks at a speed dating event.

People don't know the mechanics? No shit it's only just been release. If it was done flawlessly by every group day 1, we'd be here a week later complaining about how boring and easy the content is. And yes I do know what being carried is. If you're high gear you're still being carried if you're using other peoples high gear as a crutch in order to complete the content. I've been in whole groups where everyone are considered "being carried" according to some people but still completing the content. Explain how that works?

If you want to form your own elitist party then fine, but to expect anything past minimum requirements for matchmaking is moronic. It doesn't take a genius to realise that there will be people on the slightly lower end joining the queue. I had 2 people refusing to participate at the boss on my alt for bsh being I was apparently 2 low for them. They wouldn't even attempt or leave until some time later. Like you, they projected the blame onto me. After they left, I did a better job surviving and soulburn of course helps out a tonne. I personally rate bots over elitists.

That's not to say there aren't people that join with too low gear at all, but really they seem to be in the minority and other people just have too high expectations. The majority of the time I complete the content with no issues, yet I'm not choosy over who participates. So either I'm a god, or people are elitist.

tl;dr: Even though your stubbornness will refuse it, thanks for proving my point.

Only thing you proved to that guy is exactly his point.

To clarify:

1. you don't know what being carried is. - its when your at least 2x stronger then someone by stats + he overall don't know a shit about mechanics nor he bother asking.

2. guy above don't want all his groups to be 1000ap+, but at least decent people, which is again problem of low levels. its arrogance and ignorance I know, but you just dont

que for something you simple cant do, while even refusing when someone try to teach you, you just don't do that.

3. there was a thread about limit Ap, and this is why people having that in mind.  everyone who started playing at around 2 days up to week after beta should be 400+ at time

lab came in game. if you don't, you either don't care that much for the game (in which case you shouldn't be also queing for top 3 dungeons, whats the point? you don't care.) or you are simple lazy, in which case I personally would dump you from party. with you I think I have to explain this also so... no one like leaching on them and lazy people overall. sorry but its more about principe. if I can work hard so can you, if you refuse to then gtfo.

4. sorry but stupid nonsense argument is just that, stupid nonsense. this game exist for like 5 years on kr. so saying that you cant know mechanics just cuz its on na one day is pretty much ridiculous. yes people like you cant I know, due to being too lazy or simple not genuine to visit google and ask how to do stuff, but then again you cant ask us to suffer when we obviously visited google to learn.

5. projecting something on someone? c mon why people pretend to know a shit about philosophy? even more why you try to use that broken version of it in context of game... obvious fallacy is obvious. no one projected anything on you, expect people telling the truth. even if u was good in that run, people get tired of like you who isn't. I know that gear cant be misplaced with skill, still when you have 80% in your range, its obviously that everyone will think you r no different. then it comes to your communication skills and gameplay ones to prove them wrong. before you do you have to make them stay and play = com. slills.

6. requirements on cross is ridiculous. its like literally dokumo weapon for things like lab and stuff... go ahead make a 6 people party, 3 of them have to change their wep for dokumos. lets see how "its moronic to ask for more then what cross server require" work.

7. using TL;DR? like if it was too long and you didn't read it, how you managed to answer properly or argument to any point what so ever? fallacy again.

5 minutes ago, Lord Vertigo said:

everyone who started playing at around 2 days up to week after beta should be 400+ at time

lab came in game. if you don't, you either don't care that much for the game (in which case you shouldn't be also queing for top 3 dungeons, whats the point? you don't care.) or you are simple lazy, in which case I personally would dump you from party

So I'm lazy and/or dumb because I can't play 5 hours a day? Seesh.

I was under 400 ap when they released naryu lab update. I'm trying hard to not fall behind but it's not easy with amount of time I have. :/

2 minutes ago, LordMg said:

So I'm lazy and/or dumb because I can't play 5 hours a day? Seesh.

I was under 400 ap when they released naryu lab update. I'm trying hard to not fall behind but it's not easy with amount of time I have. :/

Not sure where I said anyone is dumb, I said I would *DUMP* you from the party.

Also I play at around 3 hours day and started a week after beta. 441 ap dest. with awek pir 8 and all awek sir acc, full gems , braclets, belts, and combo of bsh/lab ss.

Do I have anything else to say?

to be honest i also like to run with people with appropriate gear for a given instance... those who fall behind are pretty useless there anyway (had a summoner in my party today in naryu lab with 307 AP and 14k life, was dead all the time :D)

i know i don't have the gear for the newest instances and that's why i don't enter them. i will check them out once i upgrade my gear (i work full time so it will take a while to get there, but i don't mind :))

7 minutes ago, Nattia said:

to be honest i also like to run with people with appropriate gear for a given instance... those who fall behind are pretty useless there anyway (had a summoner in my party today in naryu lab with 307 AP and 14k life, was dead all the time :D)

i know i don't have the gear for the newest instances and that's why i don't enter them. i will check them out once i upgrade my gear (i work full time so it will take a while to get there, but i don't mind :))

Exactly this^

This is mentality sadly very few people have.

But as I mentioned above: only few r truly champions, others can just follow so...

13 hours ago, Mayaku said:

I've played BnS since early launch. Something I've noticed is the prevalence of elitism in the community. It proves to be an irritating and unending wall for players who may not be as skilled or are missing pieces of gear, as well as creating a negative vibe for the community as a whole. This is something I'd like to address here today.

I don't have all the time and money to invest in a game, therefore my gear may not be as good as other people's. I'm currently lvl 49 hm2, running True Siren and a Moonwater Arena Soulshield. Is it the best? Certainly not, but its decent. I'd have a Labyrinth shield, but the quest glitched and I've never received it, and am waiting for a support ticket on that very matter to be taken care of as I type. Why does this matter? Because I've been met with a wall of elitism, making it impossibly difficult to complete any dailies to level myself, learn any of the new dungeons, and get fodder to improve what I already own.

Upon entering several of the new dungeons today, I've been flat out told I'm not welcome with my "****** soulshield" and that I "don't have 450 attack power and should gtfo", followed by most, if not all of the members dropping from party. This has made it impossible for me to do my dailies, level, or even learn the new content at all. On the off-chance that I get a party that doesn't tell me to **** myself, I've managed to complete the content just fine with little to no death or failure whatsoever. The dungeons have only been out a DAY and this elitism has already become an issue.

-

Now I can understand people wanting "only the best" in their party to complete content quickly, but in following through with that mentality nobody would ever get things done.  Being kicked from a dungeon to get the gear you need because you're not already wearing the gear from said dungeon is unfair and quite frankly a bit ridiculous. This prevents anyone from "catching up" or bettering themselves. It creates a massive wall when 90% of parties joined react in a similar way. I feel that there needs to be some sort of solution in place for this, and I have a few suggestions.

1. Dungeon Drop Cooldown.
Similar to TERA's system, if you drop from a qued party you receive a 15 minute lockout that prevents que. This will not only help with people dropping if their qued party isn't "perfect" but will make people actually put in the effort and possibly TRY, or at least ask for a kick.

2. Arranged Queing.

Ideally, a queing system that would allocate 4-5 stronger, more geared players and 1-2 weaker (yet still meeting requirements) players to a dungeon party. This would allow lower skilled players to still complete the content and gear themselves and learn, while higher skilled players won't be thrown into a dungeon with a majority of the party being unskilled rendering the dungeon incompletable

-

These are just some suggestions. I'd love to hear suggestions from other people. Elitism is an issue, guys and needs to be addressed.

1. Is good

2. No thanks im not there to carry players who dont know how to play. NEVER. And sadly still have to teach players after one wipe that they should open their mouth if they dont know what to do.

7 minutes ago, Lord Vertigo said:

Only thing you proved to that guy is exactly his point.

To clarify:

1. you don't know what being carried is. - its when your at least 2x stronger then someone by stats + he overall don't know a shit about mechanics nor he bother asking.

2. guy above don't want all his groups to be 1000ap+, but at least decent people, which is again problem of low levels. its arrogance and ignorance I know, but you just dont

que for something you simple cant do, while even refusing when someone try to teach you, you just don't do that.

3. there was a thread about limit Ap, and this is why people having that in mind.  everyone who started playing at around 2 days up to week after beta should be 400+ at time

lab came in game. if you don't, you either don't care that much for the game (in which case you shouldn't be also queing for top 3 dungeons, whats the point? you don't care.) or you are simple lazy, in which case I personally would dump you from party. with you I think I have to explain this also so... no one like leaching on them and lazy people overall. sorry but its more about principe. if I can work hard so can you, if you refuse to then gtfo.

4. sorry but stupid nonsense argument is just that, stupid nonsense. this game exist for like 5 years on kr. so saying that you cant know mechanics just cuz its on na one day is pretty much ridiculous. yes people like you cant I know, due to being too lazy or simple not genuine to visit google and ask how to do stuff, but then again you cant ask us to suffer when we obviously visited google to learn.

5. projecting something on someone? c mon why people pretend to know a shit about philosophy? even more why you try to use that broken version of it in context of game... obvious fallacy is obvious. no one projected anything on you, expect people telling the truth. even if u was good in that run, people get tired of like you who isn't. I know that gear cant be misplaced with skill, still when you have 80% in your range, its obviously that everyone will think you r no different. then it comes to your communication skills and gameplay ones to prove them wrong. before you do you have to make them stay and play = com. slills.

6. requirements on cross is ridiculous. its like literally dokumo weapon for things like lab and stuff... go ahead make a 6 people party, 3 of them have to change their wep for dokumos. lets see how "its moronic to ask for more then what cross server require" work.

7. using TL;DR? like if it was too long and you didn't read it, how you managed to answer properly or argument to any point what so ever? fallacy again.

1) Being carried means that you require either higher skill or gear in order to complete content you otherwise can't beat. If you're low gear and can't pull your own weight, you're being carried. If you're high gear and fail the mechanics and require everyone on your team to have high gear to make up for your imperfections, you're still being carried. If you're low gear but can pull your own weight but don't put out as much damage as someone else, you're not being carried

2) There are plenty of people that have argued or leave groups for slight imperfections. They want gear over what is requirement which alienates those that are trying to gear up.

3) Don't speak for everyone and not everyone started that early.

4) So you expect everyone to look it up in matchmaking? That's ignorance. You should be prepared and expect that the majority probably won't. It's good to prepare yourself, but if you're expecting that random people will be knowledgeable then it's no wonder you're failing your runs.

5) You mean Psychology? There may not have been projection in this thread, but I have seen it both on the forums and in game. They break the rules and put the blame on others.

6) I agree that dokumo is low for laboratory. However I have never seen someone actually enter with it. What I do see is entering a party, someone complains about someone's gear, they leave, and then we proceed to clear the dungeon with no flaws. Also the elitism also follows poh and bsh which if you're complaining about someones gear, then it's likely that you just suck.

7) It was the TL;DR version of my own post. Not a very serious one at all. Keep blaming everything on "fallacy" though.

All in all, if it's mostly higher geared players complaining about peoples gear in a run while noone else has the same issues, then I think it is quite clear where the issue resides. If people want more appropriate requirements for entering the queue, then go forth and make suggestions. That doesn't mean the requirements should be stuff that trivialises the dungeon. All in all the only solution is to deal with it, or to form your own group if you have any other personal requirements. You can not rely on random people to follow your same frame of mind. If you do, you have only yourself to blame. Personally I prefer content that varies in difficulty that you get from the cross server dungeon and don't find the content too challenging to require any special conditions for the most part. If you want mindless roflstomp content, then I've already mentioned what you can do.

5 minutes ago, fruitie said:

1) Being carried means that you require either higher skill or gear in order to complete content you otherwise can't beat. If you're low gear and can't pull your own weight, you're being carried. If you're high gear and fail the mechanics and require everyone on your team to have high gear to make up for your imperfections, you're still being carried. If you're low gear but can pull your own weight but don't put out as much damage as someone else, you're not being carried

2) There are plenty of people that have argued or leave groups for slight imperfections. They want gear over what is requirement which alienates those that are trying to gear up.

3) Don't speak for everyone and not everyone started that early.

4) So you expect everyone to look it up in matchmaking? That's ignorance. You should be prepared and expect that the majority probably won't. It's good to prepare yourself, but if you're expecting that random people will be knowledgeable then it's no wonder you're failing your runs.

5) You mean Psychology? There may not have been projection in this thread, but I have seen it both on the forums and in game. They break the rules and put the blame on others.

6) I agree that dokumo is low for laboratory. However I have never seen someone actually enter with it. What I do see is entering a party, someone complains about someone's gear, they leave, and then we proceed to clear the dungeon with no flaws. Also the elitism also follows poh and bsh which if you're complaining about someones gear, then it's likely that you just suck.

7) It was the TL;DR version of my own post. Not a very serious one at all. Keep blaming everything on "fallacy" though.

All in all, if it's mostly higher geared players complaining about peoples gear in a run while noone else has the same issues, then I think it is quite clear where the issue resides. If people want more appropriate requirements for entering the queue, then go forth and make suggestions. That doesn't mean the requirements should be stuff that trivialises the dungeon. All in all the only solution is to deal with it, or to form your own group if you have any other personal requirements. You can not rely on random people to follow your same frame of mind. If you do, you have only yourself to blame. Personally I prefer content that varies in difficulty that you get from the cross server dungeon and don't find the content too challenging to require any special conditions for the most part. If you want mindless roflstomp content, then I've already mentioned what you can do.

1. Exactly what I said, tr proving your point with mine is just trying to copy someone else knowledge.

2. People that r trying to gear up have a shit ton of things to do, and not screwenize others, sorry no excuses allowed.

3. Exactly the point, if u didn't take your time to get gear and learn, you don't have anything to do in top pick dungeons.

4. Actually ignorance is your mentality. Being hard core or casual, playing for money or fun, making reviews or just looking for friends, its should be common sense (and you are proof that people don't have even that) that if something new came out, you should be like: "oh boy new stuff, lets go on google, look up on it so I don't sux when I start doing it".

Ofc that also require having a brain and being able to think reasonably. - also called the Passion: being passionate about things you do Is firmly described like this.

5.  No I mean Philosophy as philosophy is older, more accurate, more powerful and generally has wider perception of people who uses it. I know they don't teach this in school, but: Philosophy > Psychology. If u took time to Wikipedia it, you will know that psychology is part of philosophy.

6. Yes totally you sux if you keep failing due to low gear of other people... like *cricket* logic and sense who need it, I mean it must be you solely based on you who is complaining no matter that your complaints r actually stated facts. Pretty much self-explanatory.

7. When you say TL DR it can only be in context of person you answering. You cant TL DR your own post, simple cuz u don't have to read it to know it as YOU wrote it.

Gotta also learn the terms and their meanings.

All in all you have barely a clue of what you re talking about.

3 minutes ago, Lord Vertigo said:

1. All in all you have barely a clue of what you re talking about.

Nope just you. I didn't think my points were that hard to understand, but clearly you don't want to even consider other points. You can tl;dr your own post. If you're writing a long piece (not that it applies to my post, I already said it wasn't being used in a serious sense). Some people prefer tl;dr versions of walls of text to get to the point of valuable information. It's basically used as a summary or conclusion. Of course being an elitist like yourself means that you would think yourselves better than everyone else and have to attempt to belittle others to prove yourself. In the end you just act like a snob.

In regards to point 4 because I'm not wasting time replying to any of your other points with your mentality, you might as well expect us to be able to compete with other regions right now, or to expect new classes to be completely knowledgeable. While information from other regions is available, common sense would show that that is not the case. People need time to actually learn the game hands on properly, and with regards for new classes, they are in games often considered OP because people haven't learned their counters yet, or considered easy bait by skilled players because other people don't know how to play them efficiently yet. So yes, expecting otherwise is ignorance.

Anyway, I get to decide what content I'm ready for. No-one else gets a say in how other people play. Continue to complain about issues that you're in control of though. Personally I know that I can only completely rely on my own set of skills. You continue to refuse to accept the nature of matchmaking and complete strangers. Matchmaking elitists are just stubborn fools. As said many times, realise what matchmaking entails, or actually use the alternative. Instead they are too lazy and don't want to put the effort in but still think they have the right to complain and judge. Hence entitlement. Frankly such attitudes make me ashamed to be even remotely associated with them. People have grown in such massive cry babies who don't like it when they can't get their way.

Just now, fruitie said:

Nope just you. I didn't think my points were that hard to understand, but clearly you don't want to even consider other points. You can tl;dr your own post. If you're writing a long piece (not that it applies to my post, I already said it wasn't being used in a serious sense). Some people prefer tl;dr versions of walls of text to get to the point of valuable information. It's basically used as a summary or conclusion. Of course being an elitist like yourself means that you would think yourselves better than everyone else and have to attempt to belittle others to prove yourself. In the end you just act like a snob.

In regards to point 4 because I'm not wasting time replying to any of your other points with your mentality, you might as well expect us to be able to compete with other regions right now, or to expect new classes to be completely knowledgeable. While information from other regions is available, common sense would show that that is not the case. People need time to actually learn the game hands on properly, and with regards for new classes, they are in games often considered OP because people haven't learned their counters yet, or considered easy bait by skilled players because other people don't know how to play them efficiently yet. So yes, expecting otherwise is ignorance.

Anyway, I get to decide what content I'm ready for. No-one else gets a say in how other people play. Continue to complain about issues that you're in control of though. Personally I know that I can only completely rely on my own set of skills. You continue to refuse to accept the nature of matchmaking and complete strangers. Matchmaking elitists are just stubborn fools. As said many times, realise what matchmaking entails, or actually use the alternative. Instead they are too lazy and don't want to put the effort in but still think they have the right to complain and judge. Hence entitlement. Frankly such attitudes make me ashamed to be even remotely associated with them. People have grown in such massive cry babies who don't like it when they can't get their way.

Ok lets use parts for those silly paragraphs:

Part 1: "nope its just you" "snob" "elitist" and so on... you see problem in debating with people like you is that they will always try to play a victim and turn the debate into me vs you contest when I was really talking about all people overall. Also you can talk about what I am thinking about as you really cant know that one (talking out of your ass is not the way to do it). Again you cant tl dr your own post as its exclusively meant for responding to other person you debating with. Pls learn what term elitis means. - point is silly therefore dismissed.

Part 2: At this point you cant call out someone on their mentality when you don't even know what that term means. No I don't expect "you" to be like KR on CH simple to people on na r way to silly (like you re now). I know as I played few years on kr. There u wouldn't have to debate with some brat on forum is it ignorance to have common sense in terms of learning content day or two after it came out. There people would basically kill each other to show how much they learned in those 1-2 days. Which leads us to simple conclusion that u even don't know what is common sense, and if you play game like this, common sense is for sure doing what I said above. Also mark word ignorance as one you have yet to learn. - point is silly therefore dismissed.

Part 3: Yes I agree you are actually entitled. Thank you for describing yourself hoe. Just to summarize: yes people r lazy to get their shit up so therefore they will enter dungeons

expect to get carried and call people to who they r only bags they have to move around with elitists. Also note that you have to learn word elitist. Yes tell me about crybabies being defender of people who call others elitist for simple telling them to gtfo and stop wasting their time. Like you must be a masochist or something when you like to poo over yourself like this. - point is silly therefore dismissed.

14 hours ago, Mayaku said:

I've played BnS since early launch. Something I've noticed is the prevalence of elitism in the community. It proves to be an irritating and unending wall for players who may not be as skilled or are missing pieces of gear, as well as creating a negative vibe for the community as a whole. This is something I'd like to address here today.

I don't have all the time and money to invest in a game, therefore my gear may not be as good as other people's. I'm currently lvl 49 hm2, running True Siren and a Moonwater Arena Soulshield. Is it the best? Certainly not, but its decent. I'd have a Labyrinth shield, but the quest glitched and I've never received it, and am waiting for a support ticket on that very matter to be taken care of as I type. Why does this matter? Because I've been met with a wall of elitism, making it impossibly difficult to complete any dailies to level myself, learn any of the new dungeons, and get fodder to improve what I already own.

Upon entering several of the new dungeons today, I've been flat out told I'm not welcome with my "****** soulshield" and that I "don't have 450 attack power and should gtfo", followed by most, if not all of the members dropping from party. This has made it impossible for me to do my dailies, level, or even learn the new content at all. On the off-chance that I get a party that doesn't tell me to **** myself, I've managed to complete the content just fine with little to no death or failure whatsoever. The dungeons have only been out a DAY and this elitism has already become an issue.

-

Now I can understand people wanting "only the best" in their party to complete content quickly, but in following through with that mentality nobody would ever get things done.  Being kicked from a dungeon to get the gear you need because you're not already wearing the gear from said dungeon is unfair and quite frankly a bit ridiculous. This prevents anyone from "catching up" or bettering themselves. It creates a massive wall when 90% of parties joined react in a similar way. I feel that there needs to be some sort of solution in place for this, and I have a few suggestions.

Similar to TERA's system, if you drop from a qued party you receive a 15 minute lockout that prevents que. This will not only help with people dropping if their qued party isn't "perfect" but will make people actually put in the effort and possibly TRY, or at least ask for a kick.

2. Arranged Queing.

Ideally, a queing system that would allocate 4-5 stronger, more geared players and 1-2 weaker (yet still meeting requirements) players to a dungeon party. This would allow lower skilled players to still complete the content and gear themselves and learn, while higher skilled players won't be thrown into a dungeon with a majority of the party being unskilled rendering the dungeon incompletable

-

These are just some suggestions. I'd love to hear suggestions from other people. Elitism is an issue, guys and needs to be addressed.

I agree with you that we have issues in game much like other games where people take a very elitist attitude, they want fast uncomplicated runs.  This is extremely selfish of those players who act like this.  It is a "I got mine so go get yours and don't ask for help from me attitude".  This behavior in my opinion is a reflection of westerners more than anything.    Unfortunately you and others who have posted their concerns about this are going to have to get into a good clan who will run with you through these dungeons.  It is just the way it is sadly.  I too have a life and can't spend more than a couple hours a day online playing this game.  The game is designed for intense grinding in all aspects, probably more grindy than other MMOs in my opinion.  Try to find a good clan with like minded players and run with them in these dungeons.  It has always been a case crappy puggers when you que randomly in the LFG.  Sadly this will always be the case.  

I have to rely on the goodwill and good attitudes of my clan mates to run me through the dungeons I need.  They are good online friends and if I do pug I just keep requeing till I find puggers with better attitudes.  Its always refreshing when you do get into a good pug group where people slow down and take the time to give you a heads up on boss strats and what to expect, but this is not the norm with puggers unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Hatsunya said:

1. Is good

2. No thanks im not there to carry players who dont know how to play. NEVER. And sadly still have to teach players after one wipe that they should open their mouth if they dont know what to do.

LOL so no one ever carried you?   You just acquired all the evolve materials on your own without others who maybe had much better gear to run you through and tell you what to expect in boss fights? Pssssh.. puuulease..

14 hours ago, Mayaku said:

2. Arranged Queing.

Ideally, a queing system that would allocate 4-5 stronger, more geared players and 1-2 weaker (yet still meeting requirements) players to a dungeon party. This would allow lower skilled players to still complete the content and gear themselves and learn, while higher skilled players won't be thrown into a dungeon with a majority of the party being unskilled rendering the dungeon incompletabl

So you're literally asking us to CARRY those lazy ass players who dont even made to a *cricket*ing BSH soulshield? NO THANKS

If u dont like the current "elitism Que" system, you can always find a group of friends to play with. 

8 minutes ago, Lord Vertigo said:

Also note that you have to learn word elitist. 

I'd rather not be told by someone who doesn't have the best writing skills about the words I use. Don't get me wrong, you may not be natively English and trying to communicate the best you can, which is fine. I do know what I'm talking about though. Instead you pretend to know what you're talking about and dismiss things just because they go against your behaviour.

Matchmaking = anyone meeting the 'minimum' requires can and WILL join. Don't expect that they won't.

Party hosting = invite who you want.

I don't see what's hard to understand. I guess it's easier to be in denial. Also you're pretty hypocritical by saying "us vs them" when you're being the most critical one here.

3 minutes ago, Zugu said:

So you're literally asking us to CARRY those lazy ass players who dont even made to a *cricket*ing BSH soulshield? NO THANKS

If u dont like the current "elitism Que" system, you can always find a group of friends to play with. 

That's how it is bro.... if we don't want to carry noobs we are: ELITISTS, SNOBS, "WITH HEAD IN WIND", "HEAD UP ASS" AGRESSIVE, SCUM AND PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING THOSE

SJW-s CAN FORUMLATE WITH THEIR LEVEL OF BRAIN POWER.

5 minutes ago, Zugu said:

If u dont like the current "carried Que" system, you can always find a group of friends to play with.

4 minutes ago, Lord Vertigo said:

but yeah I am pretty much done with you considering that you take a grammar as a argument against someone.

Well if you're going to criticise the language I use then it's pretty relevant... Also you do realise how much of a hypocrite that makes you right? Let me guess, I don't know what being a hypocrite means either?

It's funny how most people don't seem to have an issue with matchmaking. Clearly that must mean you're right.

waw, we have this in neverwinter  too.wallet warriors most of them

I dont play neverwinter anymore because of this,its like if you dont have a atom bomb dont come

I am here to fight and learn my skills not buy(xp soup) them and mesh the key board

most of the elites aint even skill fighters,good thing in live you cant buy skills

The struggle of pugging is soooo real. Not just in Blade & Soul, it's pretty much everywhere. And it's tough on both sides - on one hand you want to make sure that your group is competent and is physically able to get through the content but on the other hand, a specific set of gear doesn't necessarily guarantee competency either, so listing a requirement isn't always helpful. 

Until we figure out if there's anything concrete we can do on our end from a game perspective, what I've personally found to work is just being upfront with people. You can request a group in chat and say something like "LFG - X dungeon - prefer casual group" or something along the lines rather than using the cross-server dungeon finder. Eventually you'll make friends who think along the same lines and it'll be easier to group up. Alternatively, finding a like-minded clan can help, too. 

14 minutes ago, Yaviey said:

Until we figure out if there's anything concrete we can do on our end from a game perspective

Two things come to mind. First, the timed fights. They serve no purpose other than to create a content barrier for the majority of the playerbase and also discourages freedom of playstyle, as it encourages skill builds to be set towards a meta. Second, the flame walls during boss fights. A better solution would be to disable repawning while in a dungeon. Respawning would cause the player to automatically leave the party, and players will not be able to invite others to their party while inside of a dungeon.

2 minutes ago, Moggie said:

Two things come to mind. First, the timed fights. They serve no purpose other than to create a content barrier for the majority of the playerbase and also discourages freedom of playstyle, as it encourages skill builds to be set towards a meta. Second, the flame walls during boss fights. A better solution would be to disable repawning while in a dungeon. Respawning would cause the player to automatically leave the party, and players will not be able to invite others to their party while inside of a dungeon.

Hey Moggie,

Thank you! These are great ideas and we'll share them with the team. I know flame walls in particular have been an issue for some time and we've already requested something be done about this but nothing has been decided yet.

Elitism will always exist in MMO games, you should just expect it when you start.  After playing them for 15 years I have gotten really tired of it, and said I would never play another MMO game again, but here I am since I really liked the art style and gave it a shot.  

I just avoid dungeons as much as possible and focus on things I can do solo. I've been torn into a couple times for things such as chilling on BW since it's hard to break habits just for one fight. Content like Mushin's Tower is great for me. I can learn mechanics at my own pace and no one really cares if I try and beat Junghado with an infernal weapon, my SS favors high HP instead of Critical, I don't have an AP diamond, and I didn't choose the same build as everyone else. 

Archived