Forums

[Suggestion] Class & Race change vouchers

.x.

As the title states. I would like to suggest a class & race change voucher to be sold in the IM for about the same price as a character slot voucher is.

Class Voucher

This voucher would allow players to change their class 1 time per voucher used. Players can only change to the class available to their race. (For example: A Jin Assassin CAN change to a Jin Warlock, but a Jin Assassin canNOT change to a Jin Destroyer.)

In order to use the class change voucher, players will need to take off their weapon. They should be warned to remove any gems in their weapons before making the change as they will no longer be able to equip their weapon. Once the class change has been made their skill tree should change to the new class with none of the points contributed to any skill.

Race Voucher

This voucher will allow players to change their race once per voucher used. Players can only change to the race that can play their class. (For example: A Yun KFM can become a Gon KFM. However a Yun KFM canNOT become a Lyn, because Lyns are not KFMs.)

Players should be warned that any race specific outfits owned by players will become obsolete. (not lost, you just can't wear them anymore since you are no longer that race.) It should also be noted that players will be changed to the standard race design and will need to buy a character alteration voucher to change how their character looks.

A not game breaking convenience = Sales

Many players really don't want to have to level ANOTHER character just because they suddenly no longer like the character race and/or class they are playing, or some new patch killed their class so now they have to either remake a useful class or move on to another game until their class gets fixed in a later patch. Its a convenience and perfect to be in the cash shop. (or a free perk for premium players, either one really)

In most cases anyone buying a race change voucher is going to want to customize their character, so selling the race change and character change vouchers together as a sale bundle would do nicely. Also some players might want to go from being a Yun blade master to being a Jin assassin. In order to do this they would:

1) want to buy a race change voucher to become a Jin blade master.

2) Then they would use the class change voucher to change from a blade master to an assassin.

3) Finally, players would buy the character alteration voucher to personalize their characters look.

That said, selling all three vouchers together in a bundle on sale would indeed encourage the sales of the product for players interested in the vouchers.

Final comments

That is my suggestion. I'd like to hear some thoughts on this. Is it a bad idea? Why, and how can it be fixed to make it work? 

27 minutes ago, Sachi said:

Oh nice. Thank you for sharing this. I saw only this thread:

Every was saying it most likely wasn't going to happen on there, so I wanted to suggest a way on how it could work in hopes that NCSOFT would suggest it to the devs. So glad to hear it is already out in Korea. Hopefully it will make its way to us soon.

Edit: added part

They are releasing a gender and race change. So only the Class change voucher is missing. Then players can change from blade masters to assassins if they wish to.

• 6 months later...
On 3/25/2016 at 9:02 AM, ToulueVang said:

Yeah, I'm glad it came out in Korea too. March 16 2016
I do hope we get it though. Tired of my male gon look but don't want to restart a new character. I just hope it doesn't cost a lot, we all know it will though. 
I'm okay with $5

the main questions is.. will the weapons all change to the new class and race or not... after all i have many outfits in wardrobe.. i can't wait for this.. i really wanna change my class badly to another and keep all items and wardrobe outfits

6 minutes ago, MrDaisy said:

the main questions is.. will the weapons all change to the new class and race or not... after all i have many outfits in wardrobe.. i can't wait for this.. i really wanna change my class badly to another and keep all items and wardrobe outfits

You cant change class, only gender and race.

Archived