Fabric

WhiteCrow

It's not getting addressed according to the last stream they did before the patch launched.
I hate the fact that all of the other clients have the ability of salvaging outfits outside of the HM store (excluding High Dragon Raiment, Palace Raiment, Dark Wanderer, and Burning Flames), whereas we're forced to buy HM store outfits to even get the necessary materials.

2 minutes ago, Domriana said:

Interestingly enough during the livestream today the fabric issue was brought up. The response was they have no plans to make in-game costumes salvageable and he went on to say that the idea of other clients having salvageable in-game drops is a misconception.

https://www.twitch.tv/bladeandsoul/v/56356508

22:50

That's because it is. Other versions can't salvage costumes. Only Korea can, but they pay a subscription.

1 minute ago, Tomoyo said:

That's because it is. Other versions can't salvage costumes. Only Korea can, but they pay a subscription.

So then premiums should be given the ability to salvage dropped outfits. Solution found. They paying a sub anyway. 

Also I could swear KR went F2P.

29 minutes ago, .x. said:

So then premiums should be given the ability to salvage dropped outfits. Solution found. They paying a sub anyway. 

This!!! I refuse to spend tons of real world money (on top of my recurring premium membership) just to destroy items and get an RNG amount of materials. I also refuse to spend Hongmoon Coin on it because there are better things I could be buying... like dragon trade pouches to overcome the stupid stingy inventory of the game. Bottom line... we need to be able to salvage at least a few in game outfits!!

You are not forced to buy NCoins in order to buy the Hongmoon Store outfits. You can use the in game currency exchange option by registering gold and receiving Hongmoon Coins to spend on the costumes. Of course it will need alot of gold depending of the trade rate but still not like you have to pay real life money to get the outfits for salvaging.

52 minutes ago, .x. said:

Most likely never going to happen. While it would be very beneficial for us, it's not at all profitable for NC. Lets be real honest here, maximizing profitability is the driving force of NA BnS.

Looking at the current monetization scheme as a whole, it is specifically designed for "Whaling". Sure we can claim that paying for premium is like having a P2P subscription, but it really is not. The benefits for monthly premium are minimal for anyone at endgame and only marginally better for leveling. This is by design. They aren't after that monthly sub. They want to encourage the big spenders.

The people who are willing and have dropped thousands of dollars seem to have flocked to the game and there is no incentive for NC to change gears now.

1 hour ago, Domriana said:

Most likely never going to happen. While it would be very beneficial for us, it's not at all profitable for NC. Lets be real honest here, maximizing profitability is the driving force of NA BnS.

Looking at the current monetization scheme as a whole, it is specifically designed for "Whaling". Sure we can claim that paying for premium is like having a P2P subscription, but it really is not. The benefits for monthly premium are minimal for anyone at endgame and only marginally better for leveling. This is by design. They aren't after that monthly sub. They want to encourage the big spenders.

The people who are willing and have dropped thousands of dollars seem to have flocked to the game and there is no incentive for NC to change gears now.

How is encouraging more players to sub & gathering a steady income not maximizing profits? The premium is trying NOT to be pay to win by offering things people want, but don't need into it. Slapping wardrobe behind the premium wall says NCSOFT is aiming to entice players into the premium route.

Blade and Soul outfits are a huge part of the game, right down to the point that it is used as rewards (a means of motivation) for players. While many don't care about the outfit, a large amount of players cared greatly about collecting every single outfit. Wardrobe sure wasn't slapped behind a pay wall because nobody would miss it. Likewise since the goal is to entice players to sub, adding the perk of getting fabric free for premiums makes it more enticing to join.

I don't know why you think their entire system is targeting whales when the only things in the shop really targeting them is the fabric (maybe) and the sell NCcoin feature. Everything else in shop at the moment doesn't really target them.

I do think its stupid to have players paying a monthly fee for a game, and then telling them they have to buy stuff in cash shop even though they are already paying monthly. I really don't understand why they didn't just set up a buy sub and play with no cash shop system. 

WTB> Salvaging all outfits in game plz.

or.....

Add Salvaging any outfit as a Premium benefit. (Aka with a special item only usable while premium is activated, and all salvaged materials from it are account bound.)

While doing it under a non premium would require the same outfits/system we have currently and fabric wouldn't be account bound. 

That way economy wouldn't be screwed.

I can't even begin to say how many repeat drop outfits I've gotten and NPC'd/Destroyed. 

Archived