Forums

Nerf the Summoners

ARC-1276

The summoners got a buff in the latest patch. One of their skills (a parry/defense piercing AoE attack) got a MASSIVE boost. Like now it slows you and deals insane DoT. It needs a nerf ASAP! The class was already OP enough as it was with the heals and the double team factor, but this is just unbalanced beyond comprehension! 

1 hour ago, ARC-1276 said:

The summoners got a buff in the latest patch. One of their skills (a parry/defense piercing AoE attack) got a MASSIVE boost. Like now it slows you and deals insane DoT. It needs a nerf ASAP! The class was already OP enough as it was with the heals and the double team factor, but this is just unbalanced beyond comprehension! 

the West devs can't do this. Korean devs have to do this in Koran version first, and then give it to us. so far there's no new skill update besides the one from January. there's going to be another skill update in around 1-2 months in Korea though

2 hours ago, ARC-1276 said:

u noob or what... summoner had no buffs they only did increase party range stealth skill from 30m to 50m..

summoner class need to be buffed its the weakest class out of all the classes in top tier pvp arenas..

if u can't beat a summoner then u suck sir...

Just now, TwoPunchMan said:

LOL Summoner weakest class in top tier?... Which is why pretty much most of the diamond+ pvp streamer constantly complain about having to go up against summoners right?

Some people love making stuff up it seems.

crying for a nerf too?

13 minutes ago, AlexOliki said:

u noob or what... summoner had no buffs they only did increase party range stealth skill from 30m to 50m..

summoner class need to be buffed its the weakest class out of all the classes in top tier pvp arenas..

LOL Summoner weakest class in top tier?... Which is why pretty much most of the diamond+ pvp streamer constantly complain about having to go up against summoners right?

Some people love making stuff up it seems.

... We're now on the patch where Summoners are average. Get more skill points with the 50 cap and HM Levels then proceed to destroy them with your new options. Summoners benefit most from the 45 cap because they get everything important right off the bat.

1 hour ago, AlexOliki said:

Umm... you realise that a summoner is currently in 4th place in all of NA now right? The next one behind it is in 14th place. Then 22nd.  Then 27 and 29.

You say it's the weakest out of all and yet there is only one BM in the top 30, and its number 21.

Someone needs to check their facts before saying people suck if they lose to a summoner.

i will say it again summoners are so weak buff summoners please..

to all those summoners haters, u suck if your crying for a nerf at this stage.

every class in the last 3-4 updates got a better deal on skills, and summoners are getting rekt.

they broke taunt skill for summoners and its not even a pvp skill,

yet noobs who don't know how to fight a summoners  wanna ask fora  nerf. 

I will admit, they did get screwed this patch. Just look at assassin. Look at how many buffs it got. I play it and it's so much stronger. They even buffed the poison mist that heals 50% by like 2k damage if I remember the damage before correctly. Honestly, I wouldn't mind a summoner buff as long as its reasonable. The one class I do think needs a nerf is blade dancer, but mostly in their soulstab grab attacks that do way too much damage for DoTs that you cant counter to get out of a grab. The only move during their grab that you can counter is the initial stab. If you miss that, say goodbye to at least 40% of you health.

5 hours ago, Noryll said:

I will admit, they did get screwed this patch. Just look at assassin. Look at how many buffs it got. I play it and it's so much stronger. They even buffed the poison mist that heals 50% by like 2k damage if I remember the damage before correctly. Honestly, I wouldn't mind a summoner buff as long as its reasonable. The one class I do think needs a nerf is blade dancer, but mostly in their soulstab grab attacks that do way too much damage for DoTs that you cant counter to get out of a grab. The only move during their grab that you can counter is the initial stab. If you miss that, say goodbye to at least 40% of you health.

lol no summoner does not need any buff whatsoever. Their glory day should be over and it should stay that way. Let the other classes take over, this is what true MMO balance is and suppose to be.

Um...summoners did not get screwed over. Now they can deal a s*** ton of damage to me with a single skill. And no I'm not noob. I use to be able to eat Summoner scrubs for breakfast. So I will notice when they get crazy OP when I am able to loose to one and it's not because the timer ran out. Plus, they have always been OP in their nature. They're a 2 v 1 character and are rated as "easy." The problem with that is that if someone isn't brain dead and using the summoner, they're TOO strong for other characters.

On 25.3.2016 at 6:07 AM, Noryll said:

The one class I do think needs a nerf is blade dancer, but mostly in their soulstab grab attacks that do way too much damage for DoTs that you cant counter to get out of a grab. The only move during their grab that you can counter is the initial stab. If you miss that, say goodbye to at least 40% of you health.

Have you ever tried pressing 2 when you see that sword flying above you? One of the easiest things to counter with a little bit of practice. Since you are an Assassin which seems to have escapes for everything and if have them all on cd for some weird reason you could just go into stealth and just evade all the DoTs like every other Assassin does or just stay stealth until you have your CDs back. And btw Assassin's can get you way below 40% of your health with a simple combo. If there are classes that need a nerf then it is KFM and Assassin and maybe FM's freeze orb. They should update the class rating aswell since they didnt change after all the skill updates which were making many classes way easier than they used to be.

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 9:52 PM, Noryll said:

Umm... you realise that a summoner is currently in 4th place in all of NA now right? The next one behind it is in 14th place. Then 22nd.  Then 27 and 29.

You say it's the weakest out of all and yet there is only one BM in the top 30, and its number 21.

Someone needs to check their facts before saying people suck if they lose to a summoner.

I don't believe he's talking about the NA leaderboard but the Korean one. The lvl 50 patch was just released so NA, as a whole, still has to get to lvl 50 with the 5-10 HM lvls not to mention learn their new options against Summoners. I'm not so sure about Summoners being at the bottom, but they definitely won't be rampant at higher tier gameplay.

I don't get it. It's not balanced yet? I made a summoner before everyone was screaming how they're OP. I don't even like PVP, but I obviously don't like how my class is hated. I had a lot of fun with it when I made it, and I still have fun. And I guess that's all that matters. I do kind of find it funny how a class with cute cats is hated so much.

4 hours ago, Zachariasz said:

"Summoners are easy, you are noob" says scummoners praying their class will not be nerfed. "I did pick this crap just to be op, I don't want nerf" they think.

Nerf them, the very idea of 1 vs 2 is unfair.

Lol the people who say that a Summoner fight is 2v1 obviously don't know how Summoner works. Literally half their skills is for controlling the cat and if the Summoner is thrown in the air, they can't use the cat. Also, if the Summoner is dazed/stunned/knocked down/grabbed, they can only use the TAB, C, and Z skills of the cat which, admittedly are all CC skills, but if you're something like Destroyer, you can make them use those skills up very quickly. Even if you want to continue this " 1v2 is unfair" argument, I bet you won't be saying shit about Warlock. Quite simply, people who try to take fighting games seriously without taking match-up knowledge seriously just make a joke out of themselves.

On 3/25/2016 at 6:41 AM, TwoPunchMan said:

lol no summoner does not need any buff whatsoever. Their glory day should be over and it should stay that way. Let the other classes take over, this is what true MMO balance is and suppose to be.

say what? lol so one class should always be better then another class? one class should always be OP? no idea behind " balance " is to make it so every class has a 50/50 shot at beating every other class. I think BNS gets as close to this as it can... there will always be a counter class/build and i dont think anything you can do to fix that at all that is the nature of MMO's.

9 hours ago, Aluvis said:

if the Summoner is thrown in the air, they can't use the cat.

That's sweet, unfortunately the cat does not give a damn and still can interrupt your air combo.

if the Summoner is dazed/stunned/knocked down/grabbed, they can only use the TAB, C, and Z skills

Just 3 skills while being cc'd? That's so weak!

of the cat which, admittedly are all CC skills

Just cc? So weak!

but if you're something like Destroyer

Really? If you are destroyer, the best matchup versus scummoner, than you can actually do anything?

I bet you won't be saying shit about Warlock

I won't, that's not a warlock thread. Whether wl is op or not, it has nothing to do with scummoner situation.

Next time come up with reasonable arguments, otherwise you can accidentally

make a joke out of themselves.

16 hours ago, Frozere said:

I don't get it. It's not balanced yet? I made a summoner before everyone was screaming how they're OP. I don't even like PVP, but I obviously don't like how my class is hated. I had a lot of fun with it when I made it, and I still have fun. And I guess that's all that matters. I do kind of find it funny how a class with cute cats is hated so much.

Its cuz the loli classes tend to be the most op, for some reason :p

16 minutes ago, Ausuko said:

Its cuz the loli classes tend to be the most op, for some reason :p

It's because of the community that plays BnS NA/EU.

When people here encounters a frustrating situation, such as losing to something, the usual response would be ask the 'authorities' to fix it.

Instead of putting in the effort to get around it.

'Daily grind is too much, nerf'

'Drops are bad, fix it'

'Got pk'ed while doing dailies, fix it'

'Mushin tower is too hard, nerf it (only 8 floors till now)'

'I hate gear/hp check, fix it'

'Terrors in plains are too strong, nerf pls'

'scummoners are 2v1, nerf pls'

'assasins can stealth + attack, kite us, wait for for timeout, nerf pls'

'des can 100-0 with ani-cancel, nerf pls'

'BM has more cc than any other class, 11 of them, and 100-0, nerf pls'

'BD has amazing air-combo, lightning draw, grip+blades, nerf pls'

'Warlock can 100-0 with 2 dragoncalls, nerf pls'

'KFM can stunlock and 3RF insta-kill, nerf pls'

And the list goes on...

And when a kindred spirit on the forum comes and gives advice, or a workaround method.
The usual response is 'go away pro, we aren't like you, we have rl, we just want to login and enjoy. We want to faceroll content/ppl, but if vice versa, nerf/fix pls'

Summoners might not be OP anymore, but they're still obnoxious to fight against, depending on your class.

They have a kit designed to kite the living hell out of melees. If you main a Summoner, I invite you to play something like a Blade Master, and face a decent Summoner using it, just so you can see what it's like when the shoe is on the other foot. Before you start tossing around insults, telling people to "git gud," I suggest you play both the roles of the cat, and the mouse match-up, so you can see what it's like to be on the receiving end.

Summoners are hated because of the sheer amount of effort required for some classes to deal with them, not because we're jealous of you. I've managed to finally reach Diamond on my BM, and had to face a giant wall of Summoners in the process. BM is considered by most, to be the hardest class to reach Diamond with, aside from maybe Warlock.

It's very stressful to face a Summoner as a BM. As a smoker, when I get stressed out, I smoke. Smoking causes cancer. Therefor, Summoners cause cancer. Tyvm, I'm here all week.

3 minutes ago, NerfBMs said:

It's very stressful to face a Summoner as a BM. As a smoker, when I get stressed out, I smoke. Smoking causes cancer. Therefor, Summoners cause cancer. Tyvm, I'm here all week.

Haha, this one was good :D

24 minutes ago, NerfBMs said:

Summoners might not be OP anymore, but they're still obnoxious to fight against, depending on your class.

They have a kit designed to kite the living hell out of melees. If you main a Summoner, I invite you to play something like a Blade Master, and face a decent Summoner using it, just so you can see what it's like when the shoe is on the other foot. Before you start tossing around insults, telling people to "git gud," I suggest you play both the roles of the cat, and the mouse match-up, so you can see what it's like to be on the receiving end.

Summoners are hated because of the sheer amount of effort required for some classes to deal with them, not because we're jealous of you. I've managed to finally reach Diamond on my BM, and had to face a giant wall of Summoners in the process. BM is considered by most, to be the hardest class to reach Diamond with, aside from maybe Warlock.

Everything he said, except Plat. I beat Summoners who make multiple mistakes, ONLY when I am playing very well. I cannot make mistakes and have a chance in that matchup, the summoner can make a lot of them and still roll me. 

Man I hope HM skillz help. 

Archived