PvP vs PvE POLL

TopDollar

In the beginning some people were saying this game is centered around pvp but from my experience ingame with my friends and clans for many hours. It seems this is not the case as my clan members or most of them at least only does the misty wood pvp and arena for the daily. Once these pvp dailes are over, they get the heck out. I do have 1 friend and myself included that farms arena for beans but thats just us two. So i decide to make a poll and see just what players prefer. I know right now there are some bots in arena so for the sake of this poll, lets assume the arena doesn't have bots, would you pick pvp over pve than?

Rules are simple, you just type in either PVP or PVE in your comment and i will edit and keep this post updated to keep count. I will start it off, i pick PVE.

PVE - 31 votes

PVP - 4 votes

8 minutes ago, Justsomeone said:

pve - grind for months and forced to go arena farm beans

pvp- bots/hackers

i don't know if i still like this game

Say there were no bots/hackers in arena or ingame. Would you pick PvP in this case?

Hm since I have to choose, probably PvE. For now.

This isn't because I only play PvE, though. I'm more of a PvP player in most MMO's, but I feel like the game isn't as well balanced at the moment. This will probably change in the next few weeks or month, though. For now I kinda enjoy the fast pace of content patches and maxing out my character.

PvE - I love doing dailies and dungeon runs with clanmates. The combat in this game is so much fun!

I really don't like PvP.  I only do PvP/Arena dailies for the soulstones and faction insignia for the clan.

PvE

Im usually fan of both and PvP just brings out different type of fun and challenge so i always enjoy both contents,but this game just kills open world PvP and even arena one which is said cause its most known for it...

If forced to choose between the two I would pick PVP , although I like pve as well. One without the other in a mmo style game would be rather boring and I like that this game is more focused on pvp than pve. Also, pve is full of bots / hackers / afkers as well. These types are always around in every game, just exceedingly more so in this game. 

PvE

I've reached level 47 without having been forced to fight another player yet, so the e-thugs going on about how it's a PvP game and gank or GTFO might have a skewed perspective. If and when such a point is reached where I can longer progress without fighting players, I'm outta here.

The faction stuff is so tedious and artificial. Arena I can understand, even if I don't do it myself: that's where you see who's better and both (all) participants choose to be there to fight each other. But this garbage where you essentially do PvE quests while flagged for PvP is stupid. People who enjoy OWPvP can simply do everything wearing a faction uniform, and indeed some do. There's no need to push those of us who have no interest in PvP to become gankbait for soulstones or whatever PvE-critical materials are hidden in a faction merchant's inventory.

Comments in the vein of "it's like this in other versions, it won't change" are inane. Localization is all about adjusting a product to a given region's tastes and expectations. Why do you think eastern MMOs fail in the west consistently? Excessive grind and RNG, yes, but pushing PvP on those who aren't interested is without doubt a factor as well.

14 minutes ago, PhiKing said:

You do realize, most people who focus solely on PvP don't sit on forums as much in-comparison to PvE players, but to answer your question: PvP. 

Not true, most of my friends that plays WoW and Tera favors PVP and they spend a lot of time on the WoW and Tera Forum. And i know a bunch of casual pve guildmates from other games that never bothers to leave a forum post.

4 minutes ago, TopDollar said:

Not true, most of my friends that plays WoW and Tera favors PVP and they spend a lot of time on the WoW and Tera Forum. And i know a bunch of casual pve guildmates from other games that never bothers to leave a forum post.

I said most for a reason not all, especially in a general discussion post you won't find as many PvPers as you would PvE's the reason is obvious: the section is irrelevant to PvP. I'm here because I like it, that's a personal preference, I was just pointing out there will be a stronger preference from PvE people to check out general discussion forums in comparison to people who heavily favor PvP. Aside from going to general discussion to complain about hackers in arena of course. 

2 minutes ago, PhiKing said:

I said most for a reason not all, especially in a general discussion post you won't find as many PvPers as you would PvE's the reason is obvious: the section is irrelevant to PvP. I'm here because I like it, that's a personal preference, I was just pointing out there will be a stronger preference from PvE people to check out general discussion forums in comparison to people who heavily favor PvP. Aside from going to general discussion to complain about hackers in arena of course. 

Or it could be that EU/NA simply has more PvE- than PvP-players.

As bad as the hackers and bots are in the arena, it kills PvP for me a shit ton.

PvE though, it gets boring fast and btw, the best way to get soulstones is to PvE and by chance maybe a little bit of shitty open world PvP.

So basically, PvE. When.. or should I say if they every fix PvP then I will change.

29 minutes ago, Purestic said:

Or it could be that EU/NA simply has more PvE- than PvP-players.

I didn't even make an argument whether that is or is not the case.. I simply pointed out you're more likely to get a PvE response if you're doing a forum poll in General Discussion... Not that a poll in general discussion would do anything anyways, you're looking at a tiny sample of less than 100 responses in comparison to BNS real population. Not that difficult to understand. 

Archived