Assassin With ~170 Ping

N0JOKE

So I've been playing the Assassin class for like three days now and I'm currently level 37.

I've seen many videos of people just spamming RMB & F and it just spams it smoothly and when I do it I find a certain delay, so I went and checked my ping.

I noticed that it's quite high, 170.

I googled it a bit and I have seen that with that ping I cannot do animation cancelling (Something I'm completely a newbie to) which from what I've seen something rather important for PvP combos with an Assassin.

So I was wondering are all these things stated here are do-able and is it possible to somehow drop the ping to around 110 or something like that where spamming can actually be spammed and not just having that annoying delay.

Thanks sincerely.

GL with 170ms. I played on TW with 200-230ms, and I found I can only anti-cancel KFM at best 20% of what I can do in NA with 45-60ms. Too often I do not even see the F key popup.

You didn't indicate which region you are in. assume it is NA. I would check out EU and see if you get better ping. You can also try doing the MSConfig changes in my sig and see if that helps. Last is try a VPN like WTFast, Battleping, ReduceTheLag or whatever that works best for you.

Just now, AttacKat said:

GL with 170ms. I played on TW with 200-230ms, and I found I can only anti-cancel KFM at best 20% of what I can do in NA with 45-60ms. Too often I do not even see the F key popup.

You didn't indicate which region you are in. assume it is NA. I would check out EU and see if you get better ping. You can also try doing the MSConfig changes in my sig and see if that helps. Last is try a VPN like WTFast, Battleping, ReduceTheLag or whatever that works best for you.

I'm from the Middle East and I play in the EU region of the game.

I think that in the NA region I'll get even worse ping, and it's not like my internet is bad, it's really not. It's quite fast actually.

3 hours ago, N0JOKE said:

I'm from the Middle East and I play in the EU region of the game.

Yeah, EU, or even try KR/JP/CN/TW. Search bladeandsouldojo forum for a ping tool. Someone wrote a small program to ping all the servers. It isn't much, but at least gives you an idea which region is best for you before you download their client.

5 hours ago, N0JOKE said:

So I've been playing the Assassin class for like three days now and I'm currently level 37.

I've seen many videos of people just spamming RMB & F and it just spams it smoothly and when I do it I find a certain delay, so I went and checked my ping.

I noticed that it's quite high, 170.

I googled it a bit and I have seen that with that ping I cannot do animation cancelling (Something I'm completely a newbie to) which from what I've seen something rather important for PvP combos with an Assassin.

So I was wondering are all these things stated here are do-able and is it possible to somehow drop the ping to around 110 or something like that where spamming can actually be spammed and not just having that annoying delay.

Thanks sincerely.

I'm currently sitting at lvl 45 HM3 on my assassin. I play on a regular 180ms. PVE is perfectly doable.

PVP I got to gold and I suspect getting to Plat will be pretty much impossible. It gets to a point in which the ping difference is just too much of a handicap. Your stuns are unreliable and can last anywhere between 1 and 0.5 seconds (of the intended 2) and you can pretty much forget about doing complex combos.

2 hours ago, BTCAlchemist said:

Gamepad + turbo mode = quick execution

Also a secret tip: bind your right click skill to contextual skill slot: T

Unreal engine lags w/ right click. Using T will provide a smoother transition from skill to skill.

Thank me later

Have bounded my RMB skill to Skill Slot T yet still, can't do it smoothly like it's supposed to be done.

Edit: I've noticed that sometimes I can do it smoothly it's like 60% smooth 40% not.

Archived